Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I guess you're right - and maybe if you work near the office, you could pop over on your lunch break for a prenatal appt? I'll stick with my beginning/end of day appointments, ha. Announcing went really well! DH made a video that spoofs Terminator 2 and uploaded it - there are lots of hilarious lines from the movie that are applicable to having a second boy (i.e. "same make, same model," "it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with," etc.) If you're on FB, I'll send it to you, but I have no idea how I'd put it on here!

2. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@raspberries: Ahhh I totally want to see t! I'll walk you my fb name

3. Coffee-lover

apricot / 340 posts

@LovelyPlum: that sucks, hope thedr can do. Something for you!

4. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@raspberries: thanks. It wasn't great. I found out that I'm ineligible for a birth at the birthing center, so I also need a new doctor. I called the OB that delivered DD and have an appt on next Thursday. Hoping I can see babe then!

@Coffee-lover: thanks.

5. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs. Pen: that is quite the preggo Amazon order, but it also sounds sorta amazing

6. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@raspberries: that's an awesome announcement !

We had a dr appt today, heard the heartbeat (161bpm) Other than that, nothing exciting there. I have to go do a bunch of blood work. I asked if they would be testing my iron as it was low in my last pregnancy. She said it was probably going to be low this pregnancy too.
    I'm feeling quite a bit better now, but still super gaggy at times.
    I'm getting pretty big and two residents at work ( both with dementia ) asked if I was pregnant haha. I guess it's not really hiding anymore.

7. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. Pen: Messaged you!

@LovelyPlum: Awww, sorry to hear that. Is it an insurance thing? Did you like your OB the first time around? You've still got time to find somewhere else, if there are other options nearby.

@MrsB2012: I had low iron my first pregnancy too - I think it was in large part because my diet changed though (I had a serious aversion to meat last time around.) I thought my OB would monitor it closer this time, especially since I ended up needing iron infusions, but she just said to keep taking my iron supplement and they'll check my levels again when I'm at 28 weeks. That pregnancy AND low iron exhaustion is no joke!

8. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@MrsB2012: hey my heartbeat was exactly the same 😜

I have a ton of bloodwork to do too! Thanks for reminding me. Holy cow. I can't remember anything omg

9. Mrs. Pen

@LovelyPlum: ughhh I feel for you. If my husband wasn't losing his job and forcing us to switch to my employer's health insurance, we wouldn't be eligible for the birth center either (well, we could switch at beginning of year, I suppose. so over half my prenatal care couldn't be at the birth center unless we self-paid. I digress). So in a way, it's a blessing in disguise he's losing his job?!
    I'm so bummed for you though would you have the option to use a midwife in the hospital, if that's something you still wanted?

Oh! speaking of insurance - good news. we found out that because my hubby is losing his job, he can elect to have his benefits end early, and thus I can begin my benefits sooner than his actual lay-off date (still within the same month though). So I'll get my new insurance Sept. 1 which is in-network for my birth center - and my first prenatal appt is Sept 6 when I'm 12 weeks so it will work out perfectly! I'll only be self-pay for my U/S tomorrow morning and my initial visit this past Tuesday. Woohoo! And we have enough in FSA to cover those so I'm not concerned at all.

10. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: well that sure worked out! Good!

11. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lilyann: @Mrs. Pen: How did your appointments go today? And yay for your insurance kicking in earlier than anticipated!!

12. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@raspberries: I'm walking into mine now, I'm a big ball of nerves 😁

13. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lilyann: AHHH! Good luck!!!!

14. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

My NT scan yesterday went great - baby's nuchal fold measured 1.1, which Dr said was great. But he then went on to make a solid case for still doing a CVS, citing the hundreds of abnormalities that aren't tested for with NIPT.. And this Dr (Dr Williams / Cedars) has done like 30,000 CVS's in his career. He claims his loss rate is 1/1000, and he believe those losses would have happened anyway. AGH! I am so confused!! I set up an appointment next week for the procedure, thinking I can always cancel if I want.

I am someone who TOTALLY struggles with anxiety.. When my son was born he was late to roll over, and always held his little legs out stiff and straight, and i was CONVINCED he had cerebral palsy (like took him to 2 neurologists) I know this test is about me, getting that whole host of random abnormalities out of my head, but the risk still scares me. I genuinely do not know what to do.

15. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@oskarsmommy: walled you.

16. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@oskarsmommy: oh I was too scared to do testing. DH and I opted out. My doc asked me the question if we were to get any positive would I continue and do the amino and I said no. So he told me with my changes being so low and the fact that I would continue I probably shouldn't do testing. He said most positives are false and if I got one I would just stress which isn't good for baby. So we opted out, but I am still worried about everything and I am worried about the fact that we opted out.

17. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@oskarsmommy: Do you have a high risk factor? I'm surprised your doctor would still recommend a CVS after good NIPT results and a nuchal screening that's right on track. I, personally, wouldn't do it unless something ran in my family - but ultimately, you should absolutely do what you think is best for you and your little one!

18. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

My OB, my husband and I breathed a huge sigh of relief! Appointment went perfectly! Measuring a couple days ahead of what I thought based on ovulation (10 weeks today). HB around 170. Next appointment is in 4 weeks 😊 I have my doppler to get me by until then 🙌

19. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@LovelyPlum: I tell you thing are starting to look
    up and then I have been throwing up for two days 😞... I don't think I am done. I think I just had a few random days of feeling better. I am no help!

20. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@weswife: I'm right there with you 😕 I haven't kept food down in 24 hours (except a half grilled cheese sandwich) but I'm keeping water down. I sent a message to my midwife and she said she isn't concerns yet because I haven't been hungry and water is staying down. I just want to eat a turkey sandwich with tons of lettuce and tomato...

21. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Weswife: oh gosh. I'm sorry, Mama. This is the freaking worst.

@mrsmacSLP: I'm at a point right now where things are starting to stay down, but they make me Hella nauseous. It's driving me insane. I hope you can get some relief soon. If I were throwing up that much, I think I would for sure ask for Zofran!

22. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@mrsmacSLP: oh see I am not really hungry and yesterday all i drank was chocolate milk! Tons of chocolate milk!!!

23. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@lilyann: is this a 3D? I have never seen a picture like that 😊... But look at that beautiful growing baby!!!!

24. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: have you tried the life way protein milk? I've been drinking their chocolate milk and feel better that I'm getting a decent amount of protein!
    @lilyann: Ahhh look at that! So beautiful!!! Congrats!!

25. Mrs. Pen

@raspberries: thanks for asking! Yesterday was kind of crazy so I couldn't get on here. But the ultrasound went so well!
    We saw arms and legs, nasal bones even! The baby as wiggling and moving around. The umbilical cord is already formed! The one downside is that I'm not measuring as far along as I thought I was. My midwife said due to my varying cycle lengths, I'm probably just not as far along. She estimated me to be 9+5 yesterday. New due date is March 27. I'm a little bummed honestly! I feel like I've already lived through over ten weeks of pregnancy and now I'm jipped a week lol!
    We were planning to announce on Facebook this weekend since I was nearly 11 weeks and now I'm not so sure.
    We did see the heartbeat and it looks good.

Now the next ultrasound won't be until 20 weeks!
    My first prenatal appt is September 6.

In this picture you can see the little feet and hand nubs!

26. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: yay.... Mine was opposite I was farther along! This pregnancy thing I tell ya

27. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I have not but I am not drinking regular milk... I have never liked it. I am drinking chocolate almond milk. That had quite a but of protein too. Where do you buy life way? Never heard of it.

28. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: I just got it at my regular grocery store. I think target has it too?
    Oh btw I got the brand name wrong- it's fair life. This is what it looks like:

ETA: list of where to buy!
    http://fairlife.com/where-to-buy/

29. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Weswife: I think it was 3D. I didn't know my OB had a machine that would do it but it was pretty fun to watch little bean jump around!

@Mrs. Pen: Thank you! So glad your scan went well too! Bummer about losing a week though 👎

30. islarey

pea / 23 posts

Hi all! I'm finally joining this board after stalking a few weeks now. All of your posts have been so helpful! I kept telling myself that I can totally relate to each of you.

EDD: March 26
    How far along: 9 weeks 6 days

First child? First time mommy

First doctor appointment: I've had two ultrasounds already. First OB appt. 8/17. Next OB appt. and NT scan is 9/12

Any symptoms so far? Weeks 5-7: I'm was having low grade nausea, all day, every day. Extreme fatigue. I felt completely drugged and debilitated. No appetite but hungry all the time. Weeks 8-9: I feel like the nausea is finally letting up but I'm still exhausted all the time. Even with the smallest tasks like brushing my teeth. Brushing and flossing also makes me gag. I'm also feeling more dizziness and headaches. This past week has been rough. I'll share more below.

Who have you told? Hellobee was first to know! Then boyfriend (not married yet), my family, and a few close friends.

I had my first OB prenatal appointment on 8/17. They took blood and urine tests. On 8/22, a nurse called and told me I was diagnosed with Group B strep infection. I just finished my last dose of Amoxicillin. Looking back, I think I had a fever for a few days as I remember being super warm but I thought it was just part of pregnancy. Lol. I didn't have any other symptoms. They will treat me again with meds through an IV during labor so it doesn't pass to the baby.

A couple nights later right after I ate dinner, I started experiencing painful cramps every few minutes for about 3 hours. It was unbearable. Why I waited so long to not go to the ER...I don't know. My head just wasn't in it. Lol. I ended up vomiting...and there was a lot of blood. I felt instantly better and the cramping subsided. I decided not to go to the ER. I figured if I was still cramping or if I was still vomiting blood, I would go. The next morning, I called my OB. And she told me to get checked in to the ER immediately (and that I should have went last night). Even though the cramping and vomiting stopped, she told me I should still get evaluated to make sure there wasn't any other type of internal bleeding. I wasn't feeling too panicked...until now. I was in tears and drove myself to the ER. They took a urine sample and blood tests. Everything was normal. Blood count wasn't low. I also had another ultrasound and baby's heartbeat was still strong. So they think it was just an isolated incident due to a stomach bug or food poisoning. I had ramen noodles for dinner. I'm never eating that again!! I feel so thankful everything is OK.

I just wanted to share my experience so far and hope it'll help. I can't wait to share more of this journey with you all! Congrats everyone and enjoy every moment. xoxo

PS. Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

31. islarey

pea / 23 posts

@Lilyann: The 3d scan is so cool! Congrats!
    @Mrs. Pen: I can see the little feet and hand nubs! They are so cute! Also thanks for the tip on the Fair Life milk. I've been trying to figure out a way to get more protein in without eating meat.

32. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@islarey: congrats! I am a first time mommy too!

33. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@lilyann: I'm so glad your rainbow baby is doing well! Congratulations!!!

34. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Holy cow girls how's your diet? Mine is awful. I am still in the est what I can keep down. Currently pop tarts are winning, chocolate milk, and beans and rice! We eat out all the time! I am going to gain 9000 lbs. I never eat like this. Before becoming pregnant I had a green smoothie every morning for breakfast! 😕 I feel so unhealthy but I don't know what else to do!

35. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Welcome @islarey! I'm also a first time mom, due April 3rd but I started in March ☺

@Mrs.Pen: wow you can really see baby!!

@weswife: food is better than no food! I'm living off grilled cheese sanwiches and orange Fanta....my diet is starting to remind me of my students with Autism. Yellow and crunchy.😅

36. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@mrsmacSLP: oh that makes me feel better! I feel like I am simply saying hello to gestational diabetes now! 😞

37. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: I feel the same way. I was the healthiest I'd ever been- had recently lost 18 lbs, my BP was great, and was actually doing my fifth whole 30 challenge when I found out I was pregnant... But now all I tolerate are cheez it crackers, some fruit, alllll the sweets, and just carbs carbs carbs. Super strong aversion to meat and vegetables. It's insane cause that was the majority of my diet before now! I also feel just fat and pudgy and gross. My skin is disgusting and breaking out everywhere and I'm so tired and sluggish. I'm going to try so hard to eat better this week. We'll see how that goes...

My mom suggested just going through my healthy cookbooks and picking out what looks good and making that. So I did that this morning and showed DH what I want. He's my personal chef

38. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: haha.. We sound the same except I wasn't my healthiest at all before this pregnancy. I was on hormones so gained a ton but ate healthy. Veggies are off for me too and meat.. I only eat like chicken patties! Oy it's bad. I try healthy and every time I eat it I throw it right up! Baby just doesn't want that right now

DH is my chef too but sadly he usually doesn't cook so it consists of Mac and cheese and eggs lol but God bless him he tries!

39. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: if you're interested at all- I just spent the last two hours picking recipes and coming up with a meal plan that sounds mostly appetizing and is healthy:

Breakfasts:
    Baked oatmeal (I have the best recipe if you're interested)
    Grain free nut-based porridge (healthy fats +protein!)
    Spinach strata
    Two different types of homemade muffins- though they will also be used in my lunches since I work out of my car and need quick and easy foods.

Dinners:
    Chicken vegetable soup
    Wild rice casserole
    Tuscan kale salad
    Orange sesame chicken over rice with ginger broccoli
    Summer squash curry soup

All of these are from my assortment of cookbooks I spent all morning perusing haha! They all sound good right now so I hope it's the case over the next week.

40. Mrs. Pen

@islarey: welcome! Excited to see another mama here
    I'm so sorry about your ER scare! That sounds miserable! Thank god baby is okay and you are too!!
    Ps also curious where in the Midwest you are. I live in Minnesota!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee