Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Oh my word girls! I started work yesterday! Holy moly my kinders exhaust me! I have never felt so worn out!!! And we are only half day right now! When we go to full days in 8 days I might just fall over lol! Whew...

2. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Weswife: I am actually starting to feel better (10-11 weeks) so I can say I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Ladies, I would like to implement "bump day" on Wednesdays and we can post our growing belly pics every week if we feel up for it. I will start. I am claiming 11 weeks because that is what baby measures and holy bloated belly I look like I'm more like 20 weeks! (In my defense I am sucking nothing in here

3. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@oskarsmommy: Ahhh you look gorgeous!!!!
    I'm going to wait to post mine until after I announce publicly!
    I also look like 20 weeks pregnant too.

@Weswife: work has been so so hard. I feel awful complaining but it's a real challenge for me. I'm so tired and so nauseous. I want to call in basically every morning. But I added it up and will only be able to accumulate 2.5 weeks of PTO between now and my EDD, which means I'll only get 6 weeks STD (60% pay) + 2.5 weeks PTO. So I can't afford to take any more PTO.
    I'm still planning to take a full 12 weeks, but will have to take 3.5 weeks unpaid which is going to be really rough just hoping DH finds a job between now and then.
    Not sure if I mentioned this, but DH is getting laid off at the end of September. We've known for awhile and he hasn't had any luck in his interviews

4. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Mrs. Pen: oh no! Hopefully his luck turns around once summer is over and people are back in the swing of things.

5. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

So I ordered these from etsy, and I got the boy/girl set. I just hid the girl in my husbands wallet and boy in his work bag. When I get the call next week (at work most likely) I will just text him to look in the spot where the right sex is and let him scratch it off. He is a total sucker for lotto tickets, so I think he will like this.

6. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: aww! Well we will wish him good luck and prayers that something perfect comes up! God won't let you down!

7. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@oskarsmommy: you look good! I think I look fat! My pants are so huge! I am ten weeks on Friday 😊

8. Mrs. Pen

@oskarsmommy: aw thanks. He works in post secondary education though, so summer was interview time for the new school year he had several interviews but no offers. He's still applying to new stuff every day and not limiting himself to just his field.

@Weswife: thank you

@oskarsmommy: OMG those are so cute!! Aw how fun!

9. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@oskarsmommy: You look amazing! Cute bump!! I love the lotto ticket idea

@Mrs. Pen: I hope your DH is able to find work soon and that you start to feel better. First trimester just sucks

10. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Snacks girls snacks... I need help! What do you snack on during the day. Since I teach kinder I need easy grab. This week so far I have eaten a whole box of cheez its and its only taken me two days!!! I am going to become a hippo! What do y'all eat? Ps veggies are still basically off the table and the only fruit I can handle is watermelon, grapes (which I eat every afternoon), and bananas!

11. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: OMG preggo minds think alike! Totally are a whole box of cheez it's yesterday and I haven't had them in years πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    It's a huge deviance for me since I finished my fifth whole 30 when I was six weeks! Hahaha but now I don't want anything healthy 😝

12. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Weswife: I've been snacking on pits and hummus, kale chips, and salad rolls like they're never coming back ( though that's not really a snack.) I also went through a cheese and crackers phase.

13. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

Walnuts, even though they aren't appetizing are the only thing that actually fill me up. I practically force myself to eat a handful when I just can't get full. Which is ALL the time now.

14. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

I bought cheese sticks, crackers, hummus and pretzels, and quac with chips! Haha I can't really stomach a lot unless it's covered with carbs!!! Oh I bought yogurt whips too. I can't handle the regular yogurt texture but I am gonna give whips a try! Oy I thought I was picky before!

15. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Weswife: I had these really yummy jalapeΓ±o cheese sticks that were so good! I'd pair them with spicey turkey pepperoni and it was perfect.

16. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

I've been having an egg, cheese, and Canadian bacon sandwich on an English muffin for breakfast every morning - it seems like having protein for breakfast really helps. Then for lunch, it's popcorn, watermelon, Greek yogurt, and an apple w/ PB. If I need something little to snack on, I've got goldfish, animal crackers, and chex mix (in limited supply, because otherwise I'd just keep grazing all afternoon, haha.)

17. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@raspberries: oh I eat non stop! I have to! Again this is why I will become huge!!!

18. Mrs. Pen

I ran a 5k race this morning! I almost didn't do it cause I haven't trained and been slacking on workouts the last few weeks. But I pushed myself, my hubby pushed our four year old in the jogging stroller, and still finished 3.5 miles in 43:05! I really surprised myself haha. And yeah I know a 12 minute mile isn't awe inspiring but it's always been my best time for distance runs even non pregnant. I don't attest to being fast but I still run and I'm happy with that!

Now I feel really good about myself which I haven't lately cause of just sick and blah-ness.

19. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: you go girl! I have done a whole lot of nothing!

20. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Pen: nice work!

21. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: @MrsB2012: put me in a great mood so I've been deep cleaning my entire apartment hahaha.

22. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Mrs. Pen: nicely done!!

23. Mrs. Pen

@oskarsmommy: now I'm absolutely exhausted. It's crazy how now stuff like that will wipe me out whereas it was just was normal weekend day for me before.

24. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Still throwing up! πŸ˜•πŸ˜©πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯ I know that mean baby is in there but good grief!

25. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

My son has been stuttering for a couple months, and in the last week it has come back and gotten really bad. He gets so stuck on a word he starts shaking and ends up trying to shout the words out. It's crazy, this just came out of nowhere, and he is so advanced in language. My husband and I decided today that (especially with this pregnancy happening) we need to contact early intervention It's so heartbreaking to watch. Guess I am just venting my feelings a bit here.

26. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@oskarsmommy: sorry to hear about your son. Early intervention is probably a good idea, start working on it before the stress of the new baby being here. How old is he? Interesting that you're noticing a change in a week that's been concerning to you. Could it be partially that he's going through some kind of growth spurt, and things are just working at different speeds? Hope you get some answers and he can work through it.

27. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@raspberries: you mentioning the egg, cheese and canadian bacon on a english muffin sent me in a crazy craving. I had to have one, so on the way to work I stopped at McDonalds and got the egg mcmuffin which is the same thing. It was so darn good, I'm already thinking of getting one tomorrow too. You're right though, it totally curved my nausea at work today. It was the first day that I haven't felt terrible at work! I think getting up early ( 530) makes my nausea worse, as I only really have it on days I work.

28. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

Any second time + moms babywear? I found a wrap that I love, it's so pretty, and is the colours I've been looking for. I want it so bad! I just don't want to spend the money and hoard it for the next 6 months as my other girls rarely get worn anymore. I can't decide if I should just get it or not, but it's kinda expensive. Although, my sister is due with her baby next month, so I could maybe use it with her baby, as I doubt she would want to learn how to use it herself..

29. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Girls when do you take your prenatals... with this throwing up I don't know when the best time is. I usually take them right before bed, but that takes getting super tough. Three days ago I had a hysterical melt down and was balling with tears at my husband shouting "I don't want to take my prenatals!!" OMG. I have to take 6 pills every day... and swallowing is getting harder and harder. What time is best?

30. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Weswife: stalking from February but I switched to gummy prenatals. I can't swallow pills without barfing unless they are super teeny.

31. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: yeah I take 8!! It's crazy. And 6 are huge. They make my stomach really nauseous and I feel so sick. I've found its best to take them with food in the middle of the day, personally, or at dinner time.
    Before bed is the worst time for me!

@MrsB2012: yup! I love baby wearing. I'm actually a little sad that this time around I go back to work full time which means less time baby wearing πŸ™ but I still have my beco, maya, and moby. So I'll use those. I'd love a woven wrap but I likely won't get one since we need EVERYTHING (except for the crib + mattress since Cobi was still sleeping in crib converted to toddler bed) for this baby. We thought we'd be one and done. And with Cobi being almost five, we got rid of so much after a couple years cause it took over what little space we have in an apartment. Anyhow

@oskarsmommy: oh I'm so sorry you're going through that it doesn't sound easy. I think your gut is right and EI would be so beneficial. Good luck mama. You're doing great.

32. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@weswife: dinner time! Always take it with food. I can still swallow the pills, but they have to be gel like in texture. I take Naturemade Prenatals + DHA.

33. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@mrsmacSLP: oh I have particular ones my doctor put on because I did fertility. I can't change πŸ˜”

34. Coffee-lover

apricot / 340 posts

Hi everyone!

I have been so sick, I have not been around this thread for awhile. I hope everyone is doing well. Im going to read back and get myself updated.

I am 10 weeks today and my edd is 3/21. I have been so anxious about this pregnancy that I ended up going to one of those commercial places where you can pay to get an ultrasound (since my next apt is not for 3 more weeks). We got to hear the heartbeat and got some reassurance! I am feeling better and starting to let myself believe this may really happen πŸ˜€

35. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Coffee-lover: aww yay congrats!!! Beautiful baby in there! Don't worry I have had two ultrasounds and I have another this Tuesday and I am still so worried! I am having trouble believing baby is okay and it will last!

36. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Coffee-lover: cute pic of the little baby! I know the feeling

37. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. Pen: Congrats on running your 5K! I've been over the nausea, but I just have this total exhaustion that's been hard to kick, so I'm pretty in awe of you actually running for any length of time. Way to go, mama!

@oskarsmommy: Awww, sorry to hear that - fingers crossed it's just a developmental stage!

@MrsB2012: Ha, I love it! I pre-make breakfast sandwiches on Sunday, so I just have to pull one out of the freezer and put in the microwave for 2 minutes. I feel more nauseated when I get up early too - I literally keep a box of peanut butter crackers on my night stand so I can grab one or two as soon as I wake up on workdays.

Also, I'm all for buying the wrap and hoarding it. We have a becco gemini that I looove, and I'm thinking about getting a wrap too - if I saw one that I really liked now, I'd totally get it in preparation.

@Coffee-lover: Awww, hi little bean!

38. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

I'm 12 weeks and 1 day today - heading in for our NT scan at 2PM. Can't wait to see the little guy!

39. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

-March 2017 Mamas-
    March 5: Raspberries
    March 12: MrsB2012
    March 13: OskarsMommy
    March 17: Weswife
    March 19: sheskrafty
    March 20: Mrs. Pen
    March 21: Coffee-Lover
    March 22: codeitall
    March 26: lilyann , LoveHope
    March 31: beth24
    April 3: mrsmacSLP

40. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@raspberries: So exciting!! I hope all goes well!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee