Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@oskarsmommy: yeah any bump I had before was just bloat. Never firm, but I wonder if since I have extra fluff from baby #1 that the bump has more "stuff" to go through 😂 Hahaha.
    I was expecting a bump by Halloween for my costume! It just feels weird knowing I had a good size bump by this time last pregnancy and I don't now. Maybe that's the downfall of multiple pregnancies, I can't help but compare all the differences!
    Has this one been much different for you?

2. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Mrs. Pen: for me they are pretty similar - I'd say I'm showing bigger faster. Oh, and the morning sickness - didn't have that with my first..

3. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@islarey: Love the blog - but damnit I'm such a sucker! I just bought 2 of those rails shirts!

4. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

-March 2017 Mamas-
    March 4: JennEn
    March 5: Raspberries , anonysquire
    March 12: MrsB2012
    March 13: OskarsMommy
    March 15: Weswife
    March 17: Pinkberry
    March 19: sheskrafty ; kick641
    March 21: Coffee-Lover , daniellemybelle
    March 22: codeitall
    March 26: lilyann , LoveHope, islarey
    March 27: LovelyPlum ; Mrs. Pen
    March 30: Aspen
    March 31: beth24
    April 2: mrsmacSLP

5. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@islarey: Congrats on the girl! I thought this group was due for a little lady! And I also had the open neural tube defect screening at 15 weeks - spina bifida runs in my family, but it came back all good.

@Mrs. Pen: I think I would probably do bad things for a mimosa right now... unfortunately, even if I could have champagne, the orange juice would still give me wicked bad heartburn, ha. Ahhh, pregnancy.

My bump definitely fluctuates by time of day/how much I eat - I don't rememebr it doing that as much last time. But I'm 17.5 weeks now, and even early in the morning before I eat, the bump is definitely discernable. You'll be... what, 19 weeks or so at Halloween? I think you'll def be showing enough to wear a prego Halloween shirt by then.

@Weswife: Do you know why he wants the vaccines done separately? I've actually never heard of people wanting to separate them out into extra shots.

6. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

@Weswife: I used and LOVED BabyList as my registry manager tool (it's an app and online) because it lets me pull from a gazillion sites and create a universal registry (it will even put the ol' faves like Target and Babies R Us on their list). If your family/friends aren't necessarily tech savvy, then it might not be a good tool for you, BUT... it does have an amazing amount of ideas and resources to pull ideas from (like Lucie's List as was mentioned), but also has a "baby on a budget" sample registry or the one I'll be accessing "holy hell, I'm having another baby". At least, that's what I think it should be called, HA!

Good luck.

To everyone else... he's broken me down... we are no longer team green and will be finding out gender parts Oct. 18th. Unless you guys have a way you think my husband could find out and not me?? If so, I'm all ears!

7. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@JennEn: Oh man, that's tough! You could just have the doctor tell him, but I know my husband would neeeever actually be able to keep it a secret.

8. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

@raspberries: I kind of want to see how long he could manage to keep it quiet, perhaps just for fun we could see?! HA! I estimate less than the time it takes to leave the clinic!

9. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@JennEn: Hahaha, that could be a pretty fun game - make sure you bet something too. I feel like if he spills the beans, you should at least get a massage or something out of it!

10. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@raspberries: LOL a bet would be hilarious!!

@JennEn: The tech should just write it down for your husband or something but make sure he throws it away! If it were my husband, he would end up being the one to play tricks and try to convince me it is the opposite gender.

11. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@JennEn: I had a friend whose husband found out the gender and she didn't. She said he never once mentioned anything, never made it slip, it was a complete surprise to her. I mean it's super risky, but if you trust him, he could find out. As long as you knew he wasn't going to tease you with it.

12. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@oskarsmommy: only 1lb. Holy cow. I wish I have only gained 1lb. I have gained over eight! Ekk I may be the Umpa loopa mom over here!

@raspberries: DH wants seperate vaccines because that's what his mom did. He tends to leans towards everything she did for certain things. Vaccine is one. But I think also it may stem from a cousin of his having autism. And I know years ago there was a lot of speculation if there was a link between autism and vaccines.

@JennEn: I have baby list (app too) and love it. I wanted quite a few things from etsy so it's great. I plan to do baby list and a store so all the people who can't use the web haha... Have a choice. But most are pretty good with Internet. So both should totally suffice. I looked through Lucy's list last night too 😊

13. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: if, HYPOTHETICALLY, vaccines did cause autism, giving separate shots wouldn't eliminate or even reduce the risk because if a shot were going to cause a reaction, it wouldn't matter whether it was a combination shot or individual.
    But you can assure your husband that vaccines do not cause autism and studies have confirmed that time and time again, and that the combination shots are perfectly safe and frankly all that's available lol one thing I did because I did want to know if my son had a reaction was space out the vaccines by a week or so, specifically MMR and DTaP. Then I'd know which one he had a reaction to. After a couple months with no reactions, we continued with the normal schedule and actually I found it was easier to do them all in one fell swoop. Get it over with.

@raspberries: yup, I'll be 19 weeks at Halloween. I had a definite "she's pregnant" bump at twenty weeks last time. I hope that's the case this time cause I have so many cute maternity clothes to wear lol

14. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

I got my letter booking me in for my ultrasound, it's on Halloween! I can't wait to see this babe! Hoping I can stay strong and tell them to keep the gender out of the report!

15. Mrs. Pen

@MrsB2012: ah yayyy! I really wanted mine on Halloween too. But it would be one week too early for 20-week anatomy scan 😕
    If I had my original due date it'd be on track lol
    I'm excited for the twenty week ultrasound for obvious reasons, but also the attending OB at my midwife practice will do the ultrasound and will measure baby and give me a confirmed due date, since dating me was a little difficult and confusing. My midwife said the twenty week US will give a more accurate measurement.

16. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: yes I know... He's just hyper sensitive! His biggest fear about becoming a dad was having something go wrong. I have explained to him no matter the outcome you will love your child.

My 20 week scan is 4 days before Halloween 😊

17. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: I totally get that!! My hubby can be a bit helicopter-ish. The day after I found out I was pregnant, I went for a 15-mile bike ride with my brother and DH freaked out that biking isn't safe for pregnant women. I was four weeks lol
    he's had his share of protective dad moments. I'm typically more laid back so I have to laugh it off. It's very sweet though 💗

18. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

We're already talking Halloween costumes? What's everyone being? Or wearing? I don't know what to wear!!!!

19. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@anonysquire: no costume for me! Flying that day

20. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Weswife: oh fun! Business or pleasure?

21. Mrs. Pen

@anonysquire: already? Haha it's a month away now! So close.
    I'm going as a pregnant skeleton.
    When I told DS, he said he wants to as well so we decided we'll be a family of skeletons

22. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Mrs. Pen: well usually for myself I think of something the day of lol. But I think of my kids costumes way in advance!

23. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

I've been so hormonal these past 2 days. It could be lack of sleep I guess. I'm so ready to be over the 20 week hump! Things have been dragging!

24. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

Clearly I'm still working on this whole forum thing as y'all are far more chatty than me haha!

15 weeks:
    If I'm not careful with what I eat, my dinner won't stay down (doesn't matter what dinner is either )

I've definitely got a bump and have broken out the maternity pants from 2 years ago even if I constantly have to pull them up because my bump isn't that big yet.

My coworker put in his two weeks, leaving me with the one developer that I've never gotten along with left on my team. It has been so stressful, I woke up in tears at 4am from a dream about working with him.

@anonysquire: I'm one of those people that put off the costume deciding till the night before and just throw something together. It is my SIL's favorite holiday, not so much mine.

@Weswife, @Mrs. Pen: My husband has what looks like a genetic hearing loss and after thinking he was crazy paranoid the first trimester with DS, he told me that he'd always had this fear that he'd only have disabled children. Not a very rational leap from a hearing loss, but we all have irrational fears I guess. So I tried to reassure him and consider it cute. Plus, DS so far has no hearing problems.

.@MrsB2012: At our ultrasound with DS, we had to tell the tech we didn't want to know and she just told us when to look away so we couldn't guess. I have to keep reminding my doctor we're team green, but he thinks it is kind of fun since most people find out these days. Heck, everyone in the delivery room may know before they remember to tell me if it is a boy or girl

25. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

Who's feeling baby move? Since this is #2, I'm trying to pay attention a little earlier and I've still got nothing!

26. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@codeitall: I've definitely been feeling movement. I wouldn't call it 'flutters'. They are like tiny little jabs and kicks, and it is isolated to my lower left side only..

27. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

So I just got my NT results back, and it turns out they were abnormal. I now have a 1 in 94 chance for Down's because my HCG is in the 99% percentile. At least I know now why I'm getting so sick! I had the Panorama test done today, which should tell us for sure one way or the other, but it won't be back for 2 weeks. Any positive thoughts or previous experience welcome.

28. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@codeitall: Ah, I wish I was feeling movement! I have an anterior placenta, so I don't think I've felt anything real. I'm trying to pay more attention too, and I maaaay felt the tiniest movements, but they could definitely be in my imagination too, haha. I'm sorry works sucks for you - it's funny (not) how stress can affect every aspect of your life.

@LovelyPlum: No experience, but all the positive thoughts in the world. 1 in 94 are still pretty good odds - but I hope you get your panorama test results asap and have good news.

29. Mrs. Pen

@codeitall: ironically enough, my husband has a hearing loss too! He has hearing aids but it's definitely not the same. They're actually not sure if it was genetic/born with it, or he developed it within the first couple years of his life. They didn't really discover it until he was five, then the previous years made so much sense to his mother. She thought he just never listened to her, poor kid.
    I've been trying to be really cognoscente of the movements too and haven't felt anything. I'm 14+3. I actually felt my first flutter with my first at 14 weeks. But I still haven't gained any weight either.

I did start to notice a slight firmness to my stomach, but through a layer of softness lol so basically I still have fat covering my bump and it has to pop through 😂
    I'm not overweight or anything, but had pudge that doesn't budge from baby #1 even though I worked out all the time.

30. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@anonysquire: my friend is getting married in Manhattan. We are flying home on Halloween 😊

@codeitall: I think I can feel baby move! Not like a punch haha but I feel like waves are in there sometimes. A few times I felt like a random tapping sensation. I asked the doc about a sharp pain I have and he told me that is caused from baby kicking or punching me in the cervix so I know I feel that haha! But being my first I am not positive but others tell me that's me feeling baby.

31. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@codeitall: I'm with you, I follow but often I'm on my phone so writing to everything is harder!

We announced on Monday (13+1) and I am so glad the secret is OVER!

32. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@mrsmacSLP: SO cute!

33. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@mrsmacSLP: that is so cute!!!

34. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@raspberries: thanks

35. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

I finally made my first appt. oct 12!! I guess I'll be 19.5 weeks.

36. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

Oh my god I am starving ALL THE TIME now. Like I can't seem to get full. Anyone else feeling the same?

37. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@LovelyPlum: Sending positive vibes your way

@codeitall: I am pretty sure I am feeling flutters!

@mrsmacSLP: So cute!!!

@oskarsmommy: I can't seem to eat a lot at once but I seriously want to eat all the time, like every hour.

38. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@LovelyPlum: I have two friends that their babies had flagged results. One had a thick NT measurement, and one had high hormone levels. Both babies are 100% healthy and perfect. Stay calm mama, I know it must be hard.

39. LoveHope

kiwi / 689 posts

Hi ladies. I'm back. I've been a bit MIA lately. I hope you ladies are feeling great. The nausea has subsided for me a bit. I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow.

40. LoveHope

kiwi / 689 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I used my dogs as well in my announcement. Beautiful dogs!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee