1. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: me too so much. Thanks for the good wishes

3. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Someone might have finally gotten through to my sister that her comments aren't helpful. She was talking to my mom about getting a sitter for my nephew for my dad's birthday saying she didn't want to upset me having the baby there and my mom responded saying it's not the baby that's upsetting but telling her to relax and that it will just happen its just so easy. She explained in detail that it's ultrasounds and blood work and medicine. I hope this sinks in and I don't have to hear her comments any more.

4. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: that's good news! hopefully that will help things.

5. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: I hope I also hope I get pregnant and it becomes irrelevant because of that

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: If a close family member told me that having a baby is so easy, I just need to relax, I honestly think I would burst into tears. Sometimes I wonder if I'm missing something when it comes to TTC, like somehow if I changed my attitude it would be easier. But, it's just hard, and as you say can involve a ton of physical challenges as well as the uncertainty and waiting.

7. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@periwinklebee: One of my best friends in the world is due in April, and is generally such an empath and smart woman but she WONT STOP talking about how they decided to try for a baby and "like clockwork" it just happened. OR even "bada bing bada boom"

I.Hate.It.

8. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: absolutely! really, really hoping this is your month. and that regardless of when you do become pregnant, your sister will be more sensitive going forward.

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@knittylady: Ugh yuck, I'm sorry. "bada bing bada boom", seriously?

I'm thinking of you The limbo of whether it will stick is the worst, and I'm sure all the more after loss. This just sounds hard. Sending all the sticky baby dust...

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

You guys, I have felt so tired today, like (significantly) worse than first trimester tired. Things are starting to feel much less sore down there, and I was really hoping that I was on the mend. Who knows, maybe anemia, maybe fighting off a virus, maybe I thought I felt fine but wasn't and pushed myself too hard and it has caught up... The doctor said I'd be fine in a day and just don't do anything that can cause infection or scarring, but I don't know, I definitely still feel worn out.

I've also started to feel a bit anxious about healing and whether we'll be able to get back to TTC in another month or so, and how long of a slog it may be once we're back to it. I feel like the anxiousness is part of the hormones dropping, it seems to go along with my hormonal mood swings.

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I haven't cried in front of her but I have cried later. I also have suddenly found something else I needed to do right that very minute. I also wonder if I could make this happen if I stressed less or focused more or something.
    @jhd: I hope in general she learns that this isn't an easy topic and somethings can really hurt. I also hope I get pregnant soon.

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I think we're all doing everything we can I would like to find ways to make it feel like an easier process - even if objectively it isn't - for right now I think I'll keep on trying to focus on taking things one day at a time...

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: it's just so hard and really up to chance, which is why we try and take control or do good anyway we can. Taking it day by day is probably a good idea.

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

So my husband and I had a good talk today about next steps and he is on board with moving to an IUI, this cycle if we can even. I was surprised, I really thought he wanted to try and keep this as natural as we could even with seeing an RE. His reasoning was obviously we want a kid and we have been trying on our own and it hasn't worked. He also said it's not like this is natural or particularly sexy anyhow, so we might as well give it our best shot. I have another monitoring ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow, no idea if we could convert it at this point or not but I will surely ask.

15. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Good luck! Hopefully, you can transition to an IUI.

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm really glad that you and your husband are in agreement on this, and I really hope things work out this cycle.

17. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I hope things go well at your appointment tomorrow and that you are able to do the IUI this cycle.

18. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

I'm in the second half of my TWW. I set my POAS date for next Sunday but I may test earlier. As for now I'm pretty calm. I know we got excellent timing this month so not much more we can do.

And off the topic of TTC, does anyone have people in their life who just won't make plans? I just invited the ILs to come over a couple weeks from now to celebrate DH's birthday and she was so noncommittal it just made me mad. I wanted to let them know ahead of time so they would not schedule something else for the same day. They just don't ever commit to anything until the last minute (if at all) and it's so aggravating. I guess I just need to remember we will enjoy the day whether they decide to show or not!

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: @periwinklebee: @jhd: Thanks I have no idea how much notice my doctor needs to do an IUI so no idea if its still an option at this point, they offered on Friday at my last monitoring appt. I am glad he is willing to more forward with more interventions

20. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@jhd: so annoying about the people who won't commit to plans, agreed. And, argh second half of TWW!!! Good luck with the next week:heart:

@snarkybiochemist: I am happy you guys are on the same page about your next step and I really hope it can happen this cycle!!

21. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Me too on both accounts, I was really thinking he wouldn't want to rush into things and would want to continue to try timed intercourse for a few more cycles. It just goes to show, you can't know what your partner is thinking without talking to them

22. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrsbubbletea: thanks! I hope you are doing well!

23. Freelikewater

pea / 13 posts

Hi Ladies. I was wondering if I could get some help from you all. Does this chart look like the cross hairs FF gave me are correct? I really don't think I ovulated yet... I'm feeling kind of crampy today so I think maybe today? Waiting to O is no fun.

24. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

21mm follicle, 9.7mm triple stripe lining. I triggered at 8am for a 2pm IUI tomorrow. I really hope this works.

25. Freelikewater

pea / 13 posts

@snarkybiochemist:

26. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Good luck girl! Thinking of you!

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Freelikewater: @mrskansas: Thanks

28. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: FX for you!

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: thank you

30. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@jhd: lol that's kind of me when it comes to plans. I hate how my in-laws try to get us to commit to things way out in advance, when I haven't even had an opportunity to make plans for my own family. But, they're extreme in that if we say we will vacation with them they make a spreadsheet of all the meals for each day, what day we go to the beach, what day we ride bikes, and that doesn't feel like a vacation at all! So, I'm very non-committal because I really don't want to be locked in so tightly. But, if it was my kid's birthday and you invited us over, I have no idea why she wouldn't agree to those plans. I would!

31. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Posted on the February POAS thread but I couldn't wait any longer!

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@MsMini: How many DPO are you?

33. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@dc yoga bee: wow 😳 I would never want to have my vacation planned out like that! Or my life! This was definitely just a "hey can you keep that Saturday free so we can celebrate DH" and there was no "we'd love to but I'll have to check our schedule" just "we will try" as if I asked her to do some awful chore or something! Ha! more cake for me if they don't show!

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

I had my labs and pelvic ultrasound today. The sonographer mentioned a cyst on my left ovary, which might be the source of the left pelvic pain I get occasionally. I was hoping she'd find a baby in there somewhere (CRAZY, I know). Ah well! I'm waiting for my doc to talk about the results more.

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: congrats, I hope it keeps getting darker
    @madisonbee: cysts can be awful I hope your doctor has some helpful information for you.

36. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: That all sounds promising! Glad your doctor was able to switch to an IUI! Good luck!

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: Thanks, I am both nervous and excited and hopeful. Its a weird feeling.

38. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Awesome! Ill be thinking of you tomorrow!

@madisonbee: let us know what the doc says!

@MsMini: congrats!

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Thanks

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: I hope you get some answers!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee