Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2018 POAS (2)

1. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

Oh and I thought I'd share my first Tempdrop chart. The Tempdrop has really helped with my temping stress and although it's only a partial chart, it really looks like it caught all the important things!

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BadgerMom: I have used preseed for 4 months, we don't ever use lube so I thought it might be unnecessary; yet I HAD to buy it because of all of the success stories. Definitely start out with half of what it recommends, its not bad, my husband said it wasn't bad... It just hasn't worked for us. Also, it only comes with so many applicators, if you run out you can buy the equate brand monistat and it has the exact same applicators for a lot less than buying more Preseed.

3. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Sams Mom: Good to know. I was thinking that maybe we'd use just a bit of it on the days before I have EWCM with the hope (at least in my mind) of kind of extending my fertile period a bit.

4. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: @BadgerMom: Sorry Af showed up. Seems like you both are in a good place though. I'm hoping AF starts soon so I can move on to the next phase, I'm spotting today. And my Ava Bracelet just arrived!

@Sams Mom: I've thought about preseed as well because of all the stories, but (TMI) I already produce enough on my own so I don't see how it could help.

5. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@BadgerMom: Seems like the tempdrop worked pretty good for starting mid cycle!

6. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MrsMom: Ok so I'm going to get wayyyyy too TMI here, but what do you consider "enough"? That's what I can't decide

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BadgerMom: Enough=not having the awkward ow, ow, ow, no, you need to help me out here, no you can't go around just shoving it in, help a girl out, woo me--- conversation

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: you'll have to share what you think of the Ava, I've been looking at it for 6 months and haven't bought it because I keep thinking "this" will be my month, and then I won't need it.

9. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

@Sams Mom: I have been the same way! I think I should just buy it already. It's been a year of me thinking this will be my month and not taking the plunge! I don't think they ship to Canada though so I'd have to find a way to get it anyway.

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: @Sams Mom: preseed doesn't actual help sperm it just doesn't hurt them like other lube. So if you don't need it don't use it!

11. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Sams Mom: @Umbreon: Do it! It really takes all the stress out of temping for me. And I looked at used Ava’s on eBay before getting the Tempdrop and they’re selling for only a little less than new. So I think you could get a decent chunk of money back if you want.

12. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: Ok. Then by @Sams Mom: Definition I don’t think I need it.

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Umbreon: I am coming up on my 12th cycle, though I'm just under 2 months of it being a calendar year. I think it will be my anniversary/mother's day present to myself from me/my husband

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Umbreon: @Sams Mom: I've had ava for 3 full months now and it works really well. You can always buy a used one on the track your cycle ava page on fb. I will say if you're already charting it isn't going to up your chances as it just gives you good timing but it is way less stressful than regular bbt

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: i realized yesterday that I would be ok with one. I would love another kid but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. So we will keep doing what we've been doing but not add anything else crazy

Thanks everything for the sympathy. Af has been a bitch so far this month 😭

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BadgerMom: I've never heard of the Tempdrop before, it seems to be basically the same as the Ava, right?

17. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

@MamaBear87: I don't temp anymore because I hated it so much. I always get ovulation pains and would go by that as an estimate for when I ovulated. But this month I didn't get the pain! I don't know my the HSG I had caused something to change but I'm pretty sure I ovulated based on CM but no pain through me off. So now I think I need to temp next cycle. Maybe I'll start watching eBay and just buy one...

18. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@BadgerMom: I was being modest, I produce too much I actually used to use a cream to decrease my production....I'm an over achiever LOL

19. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MrsMom: I’m convinced the more the better. Lol. Do you not think that’s the case? Mine has decreased from “omg what is all this gross stuff falling out?!” in my 20s to a bit of a hunting expedition now.

20. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Sams Mom: It's similar. I think it's in more of the beta stage than Ava and it only measures temperature. You can wear it around your upper arm or in your bra by your arm pit while you sleep. So far I've really liked it but the full algorithm doesn't kick in until 30 days so after that point I'll really know whether it works for me or not.

21. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

So earlier today I got the worst news someone with frozen embryos could possibly get. :'( There was and issue with the tank where my embryos were being stored over the weekend and my two remaining embryos are no longer viable. The good news is my clinic is going to pay for my next retrieval and hopefully that won't be until next year because the transfer I had last Friday works. So I need lots of extra prayers that this transfer worked!

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Marfi: O MY GOODNESS!!! Fingers crossed that this one sticks, but that must have been a heck of a shock to start out with.

23. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@BadgerMom: I don’t think it’s bad while TTC but when it’s just for fun it gets kinda annoying. I’ve learned to embrace it LOL.

24. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Marfi: That sounds horrible! I’m glad they’re stepping up to try and rectify, but I’m really hoping this round worked for you!!

25. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Marfi: delurking to stay I am crossing my fingers extra hard for this cycle for you. I’m so sorry.

26. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: I got my Ava used on the Ava Facebook page. I decided to get one because my sleeping pattern is so crazy and i’m Having trouble with taking my temps myself. I’m really hopeful it’ll help take some of the stress away!@MamaBear87: Has had hers longer so she would know more about it.

27. 2mamakrewe

pea / 7 posts

@MamaBear87 @badgermom sorry about AF. AF arrived for me today too. Fingers crossed for you both next month.

@marfi that is awful news! I'm so sorry. I hope some good news is around the corner.

28. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@Sams Mom: Omg. 😂😂
    @MamaBear87: I've had 6 years of being comfortable with one and done so now that dh has change his mind... I am out of control crazy about it.
    @Marfi: oh that's awful news!! I hope this works for you!! Fx!
    @2mamakrewe: so sorry to hear about af.

I was pleasantly surprised that my insurance covered the cost of Femara. The pharmacist looked at the prescription, the at me and said, "is tonight day 3?" and smiled. Apparently she's been there, too.

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Ginaandcorey: hey I have to maintain a little bit of a sense of humor in all the TTC craziness 🤣

I never thought to check Femera too. My insurance doesn't cover Clomid, but I need to check into Femera now. Thankfully I found essentially a coupon code my pharmacy took and got my 5 day supply for $4.

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Marfi: I'm so sorry about your embryos. Sending all the good vibes that this month sticks!!!

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: i was on the fence about having another but my husband was adamant so we jumped into 2. I'm now debating if I'm calling and spending the money on a blood draw today, I think I might just try and be relaxed for this next month and see what happens

@2mamakrewe: af sucks! Fingers crossed for all us cycle buddies this month. Has to be a good sign that af came the same day for all of us right 😂

32. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Umbreon: so ovulation pain is the worst way to pinpoint o. It is usually actually associated with the follicles growing as opposed to the egg releasing. This is usually spot on for me when compared to temps, 2 to 3 days before temp rise is usually when I have the killer pain

33. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

@MamaBear87: yes I had noticed that when I tempted. It was 1-2 days later that I would notice the temp rise. We were having sex EOD so a week after the O pain is when we would stop. I figured it was a good enough estimate because in the year I tempted the temp rise never came more than 2 days after the pain. Plus a week later there would be no CM at all.

My pain is weird though because I have pain about a week leading up to ovulation and then it get a SO bad for about 6 hours or so. Like almost worse than period cramps. I actually went to the doctor because it was so painful one cycle I thought there had to be something wrong.

This cycle. I've had very little pain which has been confusing. There is one day I thought was a good day and that was 7 days ago. I've been spotting the tiniest bit since yesterday which is super weird. I've never had that before. I'm just hoping it doesn't mean AF is coming early.

34. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Marfi: Oh no, I'm so sorry about your embryos.

@2mamakrewe: AF is a b!tch. But you're in good company

35. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Ugh. I'm looking at the tracking apps I use and if they are calculating properly and my period continues to be early, I'm going to be out of town for work during my fertile period in April. I may need to fly my husband out with me just so we don't have to miss a month....

36. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Marfi: That's terrible! So sorry!

I have a terrible sinus infection and called the nurse practitioner at my OBGYN to call in a zpack. They know I had a BFP so hope it's all ok!

37. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

So after the bad news I got last week I had pretty much given up (just feeling down on losing my embryos). But I tested this morning and got this! I’m not calling it officially until my beta on Wednesday but it is looking pretty promising!

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Marfi: congrats!!!!!! What amazing news after the embryo issue! And a beautiful line for days before your beta

39. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Marfi: Wahoo!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Marfi: CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's exciting, especially after the problems with your embryos last week!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee