Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2013 Babies

1. mjane

apricot / 444 posts

@Kimberlybee: I'm spending waayyy too much time thinking about stockings, too! We are living abroad, away from my sewing machine. Otherwise I would make one for her to use this year + in the future. But I'm not sure anything I can sew by hand will be durable enough to last, nor do I like any of the stockings in stores here. I'm thinking maybe a red sock this year and I'll make a keeper next year?

@emg86: things are good here! She is SUCH a big girl... sitting up and playing with toys, she looks like a grown up lady (minus the bald, toothless, triple-chin part). She's army crawling a little bit and working on solids... we are doing mostly BLW and bananas are a big hit. Cauliflower is okay, as is yogurt. Sweet orange stuff, like mangoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots have been met with a face of pure disgust and a frantic effort to rip off her smock. She had a few days right around her 6 month birthday of waking up VERY early. But she seems to be back on track. I am excited for the holidays with her--we are meeting friends in Italy instead of traveling home--but not sure what to do about the fact that I want to buy her a million presents but she really will just want to eat the tissue paper!

2. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

Hi mamas! Baby cakes has had an intense few weeks. He finally rolled from back to front, is now crawling, got his first tooth, and now pulls himself up! Omg can he slow down?

3. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Cupcake: oh what a handsome stud muffin! He has the model glance away perfected!! Happy 1st Thanksgiving May babies and mamas. XOXO

4. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

Hi ladies, I've been horrible about posting on HB, but just found this thread, and wanted to chime in!

I started reading from the beginning, so I'll address those questions:

NAME: Maxten
    DOB: 5/6/13
    DUE DATE: 5/8/13
    DELIVERY DETAILS: Was in labor for a few days with a trip to the hospital in which I was sent back home. I had an epidural, and pushed for 4 hours
    BIRTH STATS: 7lb, 15oz; 21 inches
    KEY MILESTONES: Currently he can sit beautifully on his own. He's mastered rolling both ways. He drags himself forward (like army crawling), and he can pull himself up on his own.
    FEEDING: I tried to breastfeed at the start, but that only lasted a little over a month. He's been formula feeding since, but is eating well.
    SLEEP: I'm one of the lucky few to say that my baby has been STTN since about 3 months. It hasn't changed since then!

And then the update questions:
    CURRENT FAVORITE THING: Blowing raspberries, sucking on tags (we just bought him a taggie rattle today!)
    MILESTONES: Most recently, he's learning to move foward by army crawling sort of - so he'll probably be crawling soon. However, he can already pull himself to standing on his own (did it on his crib), so maybe he'll just skip the crawling phase?
    SLEEP: No change, still STTN just fine (8:30-8am or so)
    EATING: Eating is going well - he started solids around 5 months (just purees so far). He's currently taking 5 bottles a day, 6-7 oz each.
    CURRENT THING THAT MAKES ME HAPPY: Maxten has been a HUGE spitter from the beginning. I have soooo many bibs and it was such an exhausting thing to try to keep him still after feeding for fear of his spitting up (even though it didn't matter how long ago he ate - he always spit up anyway). I'm glad to say that starting around 6 months, this has mostly resolved itself. I can now hold him without constant fear of getting my clothes all dirty!

Current pic:

5. mjane

apricot / 444 posts

@lulibee: Welcome! What a cutie! We are also enjoying less spitty times over here. I wouldn't say it's gone entirely (yesterday she spit up all over a new friend's couch), but things are definitely better.

Solids have led to some constipation around here, so I'm going to try some things I've read about on other posts. No fun. Aaaand in other news, she just got her six month shots, and did not shed a tear!?! Whose giant baby is this?

L is doing lots of rocking back and forth on hands and knees and some army crawling... She sits decently independent but still falls often. I'm getting nervous for increased mobility and babyproofing... how's it going for others?

6. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

Hi everyone. I've been so horrible about updating because I'm NEVER on the computer and it's impossible to type on my phone on hellobee. But here's my update:

What's your LO's favorite thing now?
    He loves to talk! He says "umma" (mom in korean) and to sign for milk

What milestone did your LO recently achieve/is currently working on?
    He can now roll tummy to back, back to tummy. He also loves standing with help! Plus he has two bottom teeth!

What are your Halloween plans?
    He was a minion for Halloween

How is sleep going?
    Sleep??? Hahaha Just kidding. He wakes up 3 times a night for a feed still. But He's a growing boy!

How is eating going?
    He is still breastfeeding and I have attempted solids (homemade) and no solids go in his mouth. lol it goes everywhere else!

What's one thing that makes you happy right now?
    How he calls for me by saying "umma" over and over and over again!

We are taking a plane trip and he HATES nursing outside the home. I have no idea how I'll do it, any tips? I tried nursing him in the ergo, big fat fail because he is TALLER than my torso.

Miss you ladies!

7. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@lulibee: Yay!!! Glad to see you on this board Maxten is my fave.

8. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@maybebaby:

9. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

Hi May mommies and babies! Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy New Year. Looking forward to sharing all of the first year milestones on this board. Our babies are now closer to being a 1 year old verses a newborn.....so bittersweet! Now that the Christmas festivities are done, I am trying to think of 1st birthday themes.

10. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@lulibee: hi and welcome! What a handsome guy.

11. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@kimberlybee: Hello, and thank you!

12. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Kimberlybee: Because you mentioned birthdays on another thread. There's an organization that donates cakes for sick kids, so we applied because you have to apply early. I chose a very hungry Caterpillar cake because that's LB's favorite toy so I guess I picked a theme. A little early but fun

13. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Ms.Badger: oh that sounds like such a fun theme! I have a few in mind and will post here later. Cleaning up baby's messy dinner area. Hugs to baby L!!!

14. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

hi May mommies! How are you all doing? Anyone birthday planning yet? Hope all is well!

15. Blueberry

apricot / 342 posts

@kimberlybee: Hi!!! I am still a newbie on this site so I am so glad I saw this post! I can't believe it has almost been a year!!! I haven't started doing any serious planning, just thoughts and ideas here and there. LO is great! He's teething (which is terrible for him) but he babbles and laughs and plays so well. He's developing his own little personality. Still BF! How are you and your little one??

16. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Blueberry: hi and thanks for posting! I still can't believe May 2014 is just around the corner. Such a bittersweet feeling. We are going to have 1 year old toddlers very soon. I have a little girl who is the light of our lives. She is both sweet and sassy, quite a character. I am brain storming for 1st birthday themes. My instinct is to go with a butterfly theme since I called her my little butterfly throughout my pregnancy. The first time I felt her move, it felt like the wings of a butterfly fluttering inside of me. But I had a butterfly theme for my babyshower so I want to do something different.

How is BF while teething? We are on formula and she likes to drink it cold as of 3 weeks ago. So I am hoping the transition to whole milk will be smoother than expected. Have a great week!

17. mjane

apricot / 444 posts

@Blueberry: @Kimberlybee: Hi all!

Baby girl is eating a ton and breastfeeding less and less, which is kind of nice but also has me very stressed... I just posted about it on the boards. Otherwise things are great! Still just two teeth... we had some biting at first but she's been okay the past few weeks. She is belly crawling everywhere, trying to pull up, and interacting so much more! We can have these great back and forths now, which I love. I cannot believe she'll be one; we are going to skip a big party and celebrate just the three of us, though. We're living abroad and although we'll be visiting family and friends a few weeks before her birthday, I've been to a lot of first birthday parties this year and I just decided I was not into the idea of planning one! I hope she doesn't hold it against me later.

18. NurseMommy

pear / 1812 posts

Hi everyone!
    I didn't belong to HB when DD was born but would love to join here if that's ok? I'm starting to want to plan her birthday party and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a dedicated thread?

19. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@NurseMommy: Yes, I would love to join a May birthday thread!

20. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@mjane: I wish my DD ate well. She has her moments, some days she finishes her food but most days she spits out her food after a few bites. I know what you mean about being partied out! I almost didn't want a babyshower for a different reason. I felt so tired and huge at the time the date was picked but my friends talked me into it. A couple of my friends have a themed babyshower (like books or diapers) for each pregnancy but I am totally declining a babyshower if we have LO #2.

May will be exciting and bittersweet at the same time for us May mommies. Time is just moving too fast! Wish it could just slow down a bit.

21. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

Happy 1st Birthday May 2013 babies! I hope you all have a happy, healthy, and magical year. XOXO

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee