Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2014 moms!

1. anandam

kiwi / 687 posts

@Glitter: @skipra: Yeah I'll bet it's the Depo. Lots of people have random light bleeding after the first couple shots. Still annoying!

2. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

CD Momma's, how many dipes (approx!) are you going through each day right now?

3. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: We just started CD on Thursday so we don't quite have a routine yet... but I can tell you we did not make it through 2 full days with our 15 diapers. We plan to use CD all day and disposables at night... it seems like Fiona gets really upset when she is wet in cloth and I'm worried if we left her in cloth overnight she'd wake up when she pees. I think we prob go through about 10/day (not using them at night). But I guess we also prob change them more since she gets so angry as soon as she pees.

4. Coopersmama

cherry / 129 posts

@glitter- I had to google DTD. LOL! Need to get with the program. We got the go ahead on Friday. Goofed around Friday night, but I am still a little terrified to go down there. (Even though I had a C-section)

As far as what is normal for us. Ms. A and I try to schedule one 'outing' a day. Most of the time it is mummy and me stuff, so baby yoga, infant massage class, mom groups, 'play' groups. Most of the time she sleeps through all these 'activities'.

At home she is a short napper. We have found she sleeps a little longer if she is swaddled during the day, but it is traumatic getting her to agree to get swaddled in the day. In the night she is now doing about 5 hours straight. It is hard getting her to sleep though, and we have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get her to bed at 7 - 8 p.m.

We have her in a cosleeper attached to our bed. However, to get her to sleep, we cuddle her and 'co-sleep'- but not for the entire night. I do love those snuggles though, even though I don't sleep as well out of being too nervous.

Hats off to you cloth diapering mamas! Impressive. I can't imagine the number of changes with my baby who poops 10-12 times a day

5. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Coopersmama: maybe too personal a question-- but why are you scared to DTD if you had a c-section? I guess I don't know for sure but I feel like everything down south is unchanged, so I sort of expect DTD to be the same except for worrying about a crying baby and sore boobs haha

Also I'm so impressed you've found so much stuff to do! I haven't really found any activities in my area. I found one mommy group but it seems like it is for older babies. I should probably make more of an effort to find stuff for us to do. Especially because my husband goes back to (night) school this week so two days/week I'll be on my own with her for about 13.5 hours and getting out will probably keep me a bit more sane

Also for newborn poo you don't have to rinse the poopy diapers because the poo is water soluble (you don't have to start rinsing really until you start feeding solids, although some people do. I don't). So it doesn't really make any difference if it is pee or poo. We just toss everything in the same wet bag. Everything comes out totally clean-- no stains! (which I find amazing because she has poo'd on me, and it did stain!)

6. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mae: I am divying up my stash between kids, plus I have small size Fuzzibunz I can use. DD is on the BGs all snaps open sizewise so I took my most boyish ones with best elastic and have 25 total for him(BG and FB) see where that gets me.

I don't CD with DD at night, we did until she got to a certain age, then she just wet through when she started STTN (oh what a glorious acronym that is, I dream of it!). So I will with him until he starts stretching things out, but no hopes on it being anytime soon!

He is sooo congested right now, poor guy, I ended up putting him in bed last night and propping him up to try to help him breathe better.

I went through all my CDs today as I need some elastics re-done. I have a lady do them, $4 each. I'm sure I could do them, but so not motivated for such a task!

7. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: fia doesn't come close to wetting through but she wails every time she is wet at all. Which she doesn't do in disposables. So 2 of those per night? Can do lol

8. Coopersmama

cherry / 129 posts

@mae- no such thing as too personal. Geez, we have shared lots of poop stories (ours, not just the babies)

During the OB appt, I had a pelvic exam, and it was super uncomfy. Ob said it was because the cervix was still very 'soft and delicate' from labor process (I labored 21 hours before C-Section). He then said you would have to take it slow and lots of lube.

(Ok- I never thought I would type all that- but oh well! LOL)

9. Coopersmama

cherry / 129 posts

Good to know. Thought that the cloth diapering would require many extra steps, but makes perfect sense.

10. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Coopersmama: ahh interesting ! I have my 6 week exam Tuesday so we will see how that goes I guess. I labored 18 hrs and made it to 8cm so I guess I could have cervix issues too. I just haven't had any discomfort in the area so I assumed it was unchanged! Lol

11. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Mae: After my last c section, sex didn't hurt but it was a bit uncomfortable at first. I think my hormones were still out of whack so things were a bit dry down there. Sorry if that's TMI.

12. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

So my "period" is still extremely light with no cramping, so perhaps it isn't a period at all :S. I'll just blame it on the depo too.

@Beebug: we CD full time and go through roughly 8 diapers a day. I try to remember to change him every 3 hrs max, and definitely immediately when he poops. But... he doesn't fuss when he's dirty so sometimes 3 hrs goes by and I forget!

13. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

So I actually had a little time tonight and thought I'd update our list! Not many change from the last time Beebug updated... but if anyone has more changes please let me know!!

May Baby Birthday's!
    3/25 - The_Bees_Knees - Rowan (4 lb 11oz @ 34w3d)
    4/13 - Apex - Baby Boy and Baby Girl (5lb 4oz & 5lb 7oz @ 36w)
    4/20 - CheeseToMyWhine - Stephen Michael III (7lb 10oz @ 37w1d)
    4/29 - Tarabonno - Elliot Jean (6lb 9 oz @ 38w)
    5/1 - MrsHoneybear - Juniper (6lb 14oz @ 39w4d)
    5/3 - TwoDogHouse- Alice (5lb 15oz) and Blake (4lb 15oz) @ 38w2d
    5/3 - Smar11 - Brady Louis (8lb 9oz @ 39w6d)
    5/4 - Glitter - Giovanni Matthias (7lb 4oz @ 38w6d)
    5/5 - Coopersmama - Amelia Grace @ 39w2d
    5/6 Keds -Rory Kathleen (8.1lbs)
    5/8 -skipra -George Christian (7lb 15oz @40w1d)
    5/12 Gingerblonde -Alicia Claire (7lbs 10oz, 21")
    5/12 Junebugmama -Jace (9lb 9oz 21")
    5/12 Mamasig -Leo (7lbs2oz)
    5/13 Mae -Fiona June (8lbs4oz)
    5/14 Mrsog -Michael Patrick Jr
    5/14 Caity713 -Margaret Mary (6lbs 15oz 19 1/2")
    5/16 Whodat - Baby Boy! (8lbs 9oz)
    5/17 Beebug -Colin Michael (8lbs 13oz 22")
    5/21 Anandam Baby Boy!
    5/21 cookie_dough -William (8lbs 5oz)
    5/27 Sungirl -Lucas (7lbs 15oz 20 1/2")

May babies still to arrive!
    @Mrs. Hazelnut: @iluvpink: @PinkElephant: @HayleyJane: @Sweetkeight: @Mrs. Sea Otter: any updates for us???

14. Mrs. Sea Otter

blogger / cherry / 113 posts

@Mae - Aidan James, 9lb 1oz.

15. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mrs. Sea Otter: yay!! Congrats!! Date of birth??

16. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mrs. Sea Otter: congrats! Hope you both are doing well!

17. anandam

kiwi / 687 posts

@Beebug: We only have a dozen so far and it's not enough for a day so we're using disposables, too. I'd guess around 15-18/d? I change as soon as I hear him poo and like @Mae: said, he doesn't like being in wet cloth, so sometimes he pees, I change him, and he poops five minutes later and I change him again. I'll probably order another two dozen this week so we can get going full time. He's about ready for size 2 disposables and they start getting pricier!

@Mrs. Sea Otter: Congrats, mama! And welcome, Aidan!

18. anandam

kiwi / 687 posts

Oh and we bought a pacifier today! Such a game changer!

19. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@anandam: Fia just started to like her binky this week and OMG-- best thing ever lol

20. gingerblonde

cherry / 184 posts

@Mae: Thanks for updating! only change is that she was born on 5/11, which was Mother's Day and the best gift ever.
    I mainly lurk because I hate typing on my phone and have had constant houseguests. I will try to post an update and share a photo once my in-laws leave.

21. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@gingerblonde: I will change that next time I update! Hopefully we'll hear from a few more people today and I can update with more birthdays. Also I totally understand! It has only been in the last week that I've finally gotten back on my computer. It was just way too hard with people here. Now that Fiona is napping a little more I can finally steal 30 min here and there

22. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

So I must be crazy. I'm sitting here in the waiting room for my 6 week pp appointment, and I see all these pregnant women and I miss being pregnant! I don't miss the first trimester, but I kind of miss everything else! I guess it's because this pregnancy was physically easier than my 1st and this was probably my last time being pregnant. It makes me sad. I'll never get to feel sweet baby kicks again Yes - I'm crazy.

23. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mamasig: You crazy!!!

Has anyone felt any phantom movement? I have twice, and know it may not happen again, but I love it, lol. Baby movement is my fave thing about being preggo, but so doesn't get my any bit of baby fever any more!

Does anyone's LOs ever have mega pukes/spit ups after being startled or after thrashing at boob? He's done it twice now and it scares the garbage out of me. Both times have been at bedtime nurse session and he had been thrashing, and the first time thrashed then was near asleep and startled. I have figured out his types of thrashing around and this one was his trying to get comfy and settled one, and then *bam*. More bm than I could have imagined fits inside of him comes out, out his nose, all over him, me, chair, and then he double scares himself cause he can't breathe or whatever when it comes out his nose! Poor dude.

24. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

PS. DH will be moving out early next week I have to just let it go and hope things will work out.

I am debating leaving DD in daycare now, having go from planning the four of us plus dog and a summer ahead of us to this is a bit of a wrench, but is for the best at this point. I totally could handle DD home at this point, so do think I will keep her home, but maybe PT there? Ugh, not sure.

Once he is out I am going to reach out to a few friends who know about our "stuff" but I am sure are sick of hearing from me and the cycle of he and I and let them know he is actually out and try to foster some friendships much better than I have in the past. Ironic timing, but at least I can try now.

25. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mamasig: I miss my doctor appointments, but I do NOT miss being pregnant! I miss the fun of seeing LO on ultrasound and chatting up a storm with my obgyn - he made DH and I feel soooo comfortable and his aura is so warm and reassuring, but pregnancy, esp 1st and 3rd tri? nope! don't miss it at all... but hey, there's an easy fix if you want to go back down that road..

@Beebug: I'm really not sure what to say, except that you sound so strong and I'll be praying for you and your family.

26. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

I have been MIA for a while again! It's sooo hard to get on the computer these days!

@Mae: Thanks for the updated list! Tiny change for me...William was born on May 22! And to chime in on your question on dtd after a c-section...for me it was really quite uncomfortable after I had my c-section with DD. I'm not really sure why...since I didn't labour at all and there was no "damage" down there, but it still took a few "tries" for it to not be painful. Hopefully it won't be as bad for you!

@Beebug: Oh no, I'm so sorry to read your update I will be thinking of you, and hoping that you guys are ok. Like @Glitter said, you sound so strong. Your kiddos are lucky to have a strong mama like you!

@Mamasig: If you are crazy, then I am double crazy. I have MAJOR baby fever. For at least a week now...I've been dreaming of having another one . I am INSANE. And it's only making me sad, because we are done no more baby plans for us.

@Glitter: Oh no, I really hope for you that it's not AF!

Things have been going pretty well for us lately! My rash is finally somewhat gone...I will still have it for a few months probably, but it's much lighter and not itchy anymore, so I can finally sleep...which is great, because I have been blessed with an AMAZING sleeper. Well so far anyways...W sleeps from 10 p.m. - 3 a.m...wakes up for a quick feed, then goes back to sleep until we get up for the day. He does usually stir around 5 am and I bring him into our bed and he falls back asleep (without a feed). I so never thought I would co-sleep either, and I'm trying to cut down on it, but those last few hours of sleep are worth it. Last night we got even more amazingly lucky...he slept from 10pm. - 5h45 am with no wakeups. I couldn't believe it...I woke up in a panic and looked in his bassinet and he was just starting to wake up. My boobs were NOT happy hahaha...super engorged since normally I pump when he wakes up for his 3 a.m. feed.

We have been going on tons of outings. We basically go somewhere every day, and often two outings a day when DD is home. We go to parks, the mall, storytime at the bookstore, ikea, museums, etc. I'm not very good at entertaining DD at home, so we go to a lot of different places! The days when DD is at daycare, W and I will go on a long walk or to run a few errands.

DD is getting better and better with W...she still occasionally gets upset if I'm holding him, but for the most part, she's great with him. Here is DD showing W how tummy time works W is more into face planting on the blanket than holding himself up...

27. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mamasig: yep, you're crazy The only time I miss being pregnant is when LO is screaming and I think..... 2 months ago I could just rub her little butt through my belly and love on her while she was totally silent and I got to go out to dinner with my husband then sleep in the next day...... haha

@Beebug: no phantom movement for me! Other than my sore boobs (from bf) and bleeding and incision care, I feel like I was never pregnant at all. As for puking, she has only puked big 3 times. Two times I'm pretty sure I overfed her and didn't burp enough. The third time I don't know why she puked. What I think is weird is sometimes she spits up like 2 hours after she last ate..... shouldn't spit up be like... RIGHT after she eats?

Also I'm so sorry to hear dh is moving out. I hope that you guys are able to find some peace in your relationship (whatever that relationship winds up being... even if just co-parenting). And I hope that your friends will be supportive! I'm sure they will be.

@cookie_dough: okay you're even crazier! lol. I love LO but I do NOT want another one...... haha. IMO newborn days are something you get through to get to the fun part, not something that makes me want more babies hah cute pic of your two though!!

28. sungirl

apricot / 309 posts

Just got caught up. Will reply later from my computer but just wanted to say hello to everyone. I don't know how to post pics here but added some to the fb group. Hope everyone is doing good and those with struggles that they will get better soon!

29. HayleyJane

olive / 52 posts

@Mae: Juna Emeline was born on April 3, at 34w6d. 5lbs2oz

I was in labor for 2.5 days (with contractions 4 minutes apart and 2 minutes long almost the whole time - yikes!) and she was in the NICU for 2 weeks (eating problems). Everyone's doing great now!

30. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Beebug: I'm so sorry to hear about DH moving out, but it sounds like it may be for the best. Sending you lots of good thoughts!

@cookie_dough: Love the pic - so sweet!

@HayleyJane: Juna is so cute. Congrats!

31. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

I love all the baby pics!

@Beebug: sorry to hear about you and DH. Much love and strength to you!

@Mae: you are totally right about just getting through the newborn days. For me, I enjoy the toddler age way more. Honestly, DS as a baby and Leo kind of scared me. They can't communicate, sleep is crazy, you never know when they'll be a meltdown.

32. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Mamasig: yup crazy but I'm right there with you! I love being pregnant and I think baby snuggles are seriously addictive. If it were totally up to me I'd have at least 2 more babies, sooner rather than later!
    @Beebug: I'm so sorry to hear about things with your DH. I hope a little time and distance is all you need to work things out. No phantom movements for me but I have gotten freaked out when I wear him in the ergo and he kicks me. I've actually had a little panic that i haven't felt him move regularly when yeah i realize I'm not pregnant!
    @cookie_dough: Wow that is amazing how well W sleeps! Wevhave some good and some crappy nights. That pic is so cute. Great that your DD is adjusting.

What is normal for tummy time at this age? DS1 started rolling belly to back at 6 weeks but DS 2 just wants to go to sleep. He can lift his head but has no interest. So crazy to see personality differences so early!

33. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Got one of these as a gift:

http://www.thenakedtank.com/

SO awesome, I want one for every day. Now I can wear any shirt, and doesn't have to be my (very limited) supply of nursing tops.

Just wanted to share if anyone was struggling with that part of things

I need to make a trip to Carter's to return some things, starting to sort out gifts and what sizes we have too much, or not enough of.

Hard copy thank-you's arrived today, I will need to get writing.

34. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: interesting! I have a few nursing tanks, I guess I could wear those under a normal shirt and do basically that too (although it wouldn't be quite as convenient). I have just been wearing stuff with a low enough neck I can pull a boob out the top... but that would definitely expand my options!

I sucked it up and nursed in front of my brother yesterday. First time I've nursed in front of anyone other than DH or my mom. I was sort of stressed about it but we've had such a rough time nursing and I really needed to nurse her (not pump) for that session-- and my brother had dropped in unexpectedly. I didn't want to ask him to leave the room for 40 min when he wasn't going to be here all that long, so I just did it. I did try to be discreet by sitting on the couch with my knees up to sort of hide me, and it was weird-- but we did it! Go us! hah

35. anandam

kiwi / 687 posts

Ahhh nursing in public!

This has definitely been possibly the most frustrating and emotional part of all this for me so far. Pre-pregnancy I was totally modest and wouldn't even wear a cleavage-showing shirt, let alone go topless, but now I've also just been pulling my shirt down and getting my whole breast out to nurse, and it works better that way! Pressure (real or imagined) to be discreet in public has been really upsetting me. Not for political/idealogical reasons, but just because it's hard enough to read baby's cues, position ourselves for nursing, get him latched, and deal with my leaking ... Without having to do it all blind under a cover or with only a little slit of nipple out and my shirt all piled up above it blocking my view. Holy. I get so stressed and irritable every time we leave the house because of this dilemma.

This sums it up - http://www.scarymommy.com/whats-so-hard-about-covering-up-to-breastfeed-in-public/

@Beebug: @Mae: I'm glad you're coping better than I am!

36. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@anandam: oh I have not nursed in public! Just on my own couch in front of my brother lol

37. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

I'm also not a cleavage shower, but I have no issues breastfeeding in public. DH is uncomfortable with me being so exposed though, so I pump before we go out and we take bottles if we know we're going to be out in public.

38. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

I'm super modest normally, no cleavage, I don't dress girly enough for that, but no issues bf'ing anywhere. Done restaurants, doctors waiting room, pharmacy waiting area, grocery store parking lot, bench at zoo, whatevs, but I do use a cover.

Ugh I can't wait til we are all not sick, C is soooo stuffed up, his worst day yet today.

I had DD home today, omg I am in for it come Saturday when officially on my own. She goes to daycare tomorrow and Friday, but was home today as daycare had an appt.

39. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

I haven't nursed in public just because we plan all our outings around feedings. When you have to nurse two, plus do fla formula bottle, plus reflux meds at some feedings, it's just so much easier to get home by the time they need to be fed again. I have BF sans cover at some friends' houses and at my aunt's house during a high school grad party. I was pretty proud of that one, haha.

40. sweetkeight

cherry / 202 posts

Oh my goodness!! I'm sorry I just disappeared. I've never experienced such a rough go as that pregnancy! Too much morning sickness and other problems (on the plus side, I finished the pregnancy 5 pounds lighter than when I began.)

And then, the delivery. Oy mi! I had pre-eclampsia on April 23, went into the hospital and had a round of cytotec, cervadil, TWO rounds of pitocin with almost no contractions - this little boy did not want to come out! After 42.5 hours of "labor", the midwife recommended we consider a c-section, since the pre-eclampsia was getting worse. So we did. 30 minutes later, we had little Sullivan - 9 pounds, 10 ounces. He is beautiful and eats a TON. He's 8 weeks old and already eating 6-8 ounces at each feeding. I've had almost no time online since I started maternity leave 9 weeks ago.

And after the delivery - we went home and then had to return to the ER with Sully because of complications. Four more days in the children's hospital. Geez, what a trip.

Little Sully is so worth it, though.

I have LOVED catching up with all of you over the past few days, reading for every detail on my phone while Sully feeds. I've missed you all!!

Congrats to everyone. I hope to be online more now. Thanks so much for all the advice and words of wisdom so many have offered. I love these boards!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee