Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: We didn't go straight to crib, but he never slept in our room. We tried the first night but I couldn't get any sleep with him in there - newborns make way too many little noises! So he ended up sleeping on the floor of his room in the nap nanny for the first couple of months. I think we swaddle-weaned and transitioned to the crib at the same time, right around 3 months. It's funny, even today he prefers to sleep alone. Does not ever want to sleep with us. This week when he was really sick and I said "do you want to sleep with mommy?" he said "No, I sleep in my crib!"

@BabyPenguinXO: Ugh, that is a bad week. We had a rough one here too. My car windshield actually cracked in half on the way home from our anatomy scan. (They think there must have been a weak spot from a rock or something and then the cold made it crack.) And then LO got the flu and pneumonia. But at least I am still (fingers crossed) healthy! Good luck on Tuesday And by the way, that's an adorable round bump! I grow torpedo-like bumps.

2. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Anyone having pain already? My Belly is sore to touch approx 2" either side of belly button and up to the top of the bump. I never had this with my son and I'm afraid it's because I carry/hold him so often. It's right where he sits =\

3. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I haven't had sore to the touch, just a sore achy feeling on my insides a few times lately. My first pregnancy I was sooooo overly cautious about everything, and I know I didn't have these aches and RLP and sometimes even my whole stomach hardening up (what is this??), I would have freaked the F out because I was so paranoid. I had a really rocky first tri and then pretty much nothing happened after that. So all of these aches and pains and weird things are new to me. My doctor said that you feel more, and feel it earlier with subsequent pregnancies. I would just chalk it up to that and maybe try to get LO to go easy on you for a few days and see if that helps. I know what you mean about where he sits - my LO kind of rides the sides of my bump when I carry her on either side and she's over 30 lbs so I'm surprised I don't have the same thing.

4. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: @PrincessBaby: Yep! I am sore alot... I do think its from carrying DS though too. I'm at the physio every week trying to loosen up my muscle cause they are cause migraines. Not very pleasant. The further I get in this pregnancy the more I think we might be done at 2. I can't imagine being pregnant with 2 running around. I am exhausted. Nothing online shopping doesn't fix!

5. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Is anyone else trying to suppress mild panic attacks when it comes thinking about going into labor?

I am pretty sure that just because I *love* being pregnant SO MUCH (insert heavy eye roll), that I will not go into labor until I'm induced at 39w and a few days (looking like April 27). But I have like a .005% part of my brain that worries that I'll go into labor early, my husband will be offshore, I'll probably be at work, with H at daycare, and I'll be scrambling to fly my mom in like THAT DAY and take care of H, and it'll take at least 12 hours for DH to get out of the Gulf of Mexico and to the hospital. It's like flashes of a nightmare that I keep pushing out of my head.

The clock is ticking so fast! And I read all this stuff about second babies not messing around and coming earlier/quicker. I'm totally down with *mildy* earlier (DH is home April 10, so just anytime after that is FINE), and I'm all about lots quicker (H was 36 hours from start of induction until delivery), but I need to get a couple of contingency plans going here for H's care.

If I plan for it, then it totally won't happen. And that's fine:)

6. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I joke with my husband that I"m totally cool with a 3rd kid as long as we find a nice surrogate

7. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@PrincessBaby: Omg YES! I totally could have just written that. I am freaking out about what we are going to do when the time comes. Firsty, I am worried about having to be induced again for HBP... and ofcourse stressing doesn't help with that! Although I did have an amazing fast (5hour) and perfect labour/delivery so I really can't complain about that I would just like to experience going into labour on my own.
    BUT.... we have NO ONE here that could look after DS. This is my biggest concern. My mum is a 2 hour flight away and flights stop mid afternoon til the next morning. So what are we supposed to do??? Surely they won't turn us away if we rock up with DS? Or will they send my husband away with him...I must ask this at my next appt. My mum keeps saying because I have had my children so close together my labour will be super fast... which is great but not when someone has to fly in the babysit. So I guess atleast if I am induced then we can plan around it.
    Do I sound like a stressed, crazy pregnant woman much?

8. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: im having pain up in my ribs already! I don't even know how that's possible! It's usually late afternoon when it starts though so it must be from food and baby and organs being moved. It's so uncomfortable though! And makes lifting my son a pain!!

9. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: The stomach hardening is Braxton Hicks contractions. I am very familiar So annoying!!!

So far I seem to be the rare case that is finding my second pregnancy easier than my first. I'm definitely pretty achy and the contractions make me crazy, but my first pregnancy was an absolute nightmare. This one didn't have a choice but to be better! I think it also helps that I'm doing everything I can to avoid lifting my son. He's huge - 35 lbs and so solid - so I lift him out of the crib, onto the changing table and into his car seat but that's it. No more carrying

10. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Your bump is so cute, though! @PrincessBaby: Heh, you knowing the saying, expect the worst and plan accordingly. Murphy's Law and all.

Yes, also uncomfortable here. We don't have any adult furniture in E's room, so I've been sitting on the floor. And getting up is, let's say, not awesome. I'm 24 weeks Saturday and that 6th month is about when I remember being uncomfortable last time, too.

But the good news is that we are going to Florida the first week of March with some friends! We're sharing a condo and I am *so* excited for some warm weather. The pool's heated and condo trips are the way to go with toddlers....grill your own meals, bring your own beer and snacks, etc. I've never been to Key Largo (@PrincessBaby: is that near you? Is it a nice area, etc?) but the weather should be in the high 70's or low 80's!

11. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: I've only driven through Key Largo but any of the keys are nice:) We actually left FL, I hated living there - but we lived in South FL, so still about 3-4 hours north of the keys. I despised living in FL, actually. But a trip there, especially when you're used to a very cold winter, will be fantastic! The nice thing about the keys is that it's very relaxed, whereas the rest of South Florida - Fort Lauderdale/Miami - is annoyingly fast-paced and busy and rude. I heard someone describe living there as "everything's a fight" and that was so true! You miss all that just heading to the Keys:) We live at the beach in SC now, we moved summer of 2014.

12. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: Ah fabulous! We used to live in Savannah and travel to Hilton Head sometimes Which was always lovely! We just want to get away for a few days...and the kids will love the heated pool and I think we're just looking forward to a small break during winter, plus before the baby comes. We were thinking about a trip to AZ, just the two of us, but this seems more fun (albeit less relaxing, heh). And these friends of ours are in the military so we don't get to see them often at all!

13. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: seriously how many similarities can we have? I was also induced due to high blood pressure with J and although we started cervidil the night before we started pit at 9 and he was here at 2. It was a great experience though I agree, I'd love to experience going into labor one time. We are DONE after little miss and I can't say I'm not excited to know that! We're lucky in that my mom is 2 hours away and my MIL is less than an hour, also J's care provider would definitely take him with absolutely no qualms on time of day.

@BabyPenguinXO: ugh that's horrible, I've had that a few times already as well.

The pain has decided to be constant every time I move so sleeping was horrible last night and my DH is out of town this week so I'll have DS all by myself. I'm counting down the weeks until she comes, 17 weeks to go ETA: Its still constant, this isn't going to continue for weeks on end, right??

@blackbird: your trip sounds awesome. We have a $100 southwest credit that expires in April so we are debating doing the same thing but haven't decided yet. If this uncomfortableness continues, I'm going to need to do something!

@PrincessBaby: my sister lives in charleston, she loves it and we love visiting!

14. littlepeanut

pea / 18 posts

Well, this came out of nowhere. We had to have a second ultrasound because they were unable to get a clear shot of the heart and spine. Totally routine, they said. We got a call on Friday and I've been told I have placenta previa. We have a million questions so we are going to see the doctor herself tomorrow but ... I've been reading online and I know you aren't supposed to do that. I'm terrified. Does anyone here have any experience with previa? I'm not even positive if it is marginal or complete, I'm hoping to find all of that out tomorrow. I've been put on pelvic rest and I've been told that the previa was more than likely the cause of all of the spotting I had in the first trimester (which I did not post about here because again, terrified). I could really use some positive birth stories, but I'm having trouble finding any because a lot of marginal cases seem to move by delivery time. I'm scared it's complete and I'll just start bleeding out of nowhere. Also, they moved my due date up to April 30, but I'd like to stay here with my May mamas if that's okay. Any advice ladies?

15. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@littlepeanut: absolutely stay here. I have no advice but I'll be thinking of you. Hugs!

16. littlepeanut

pea / 18 posts

Thank you so much, @jetsa! It is really appreciated.

17. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: @jetsa: We it here!

@littlepeanut: I'm getting induced on what looks like 4-27 at the latest- so we'll just be the first to go out of the May mamas:)

18. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@littlepeanut: deep breaths Momma. Write down all your questions for the doctor tomorrow. It is common (maybe 4-5% at 24w) but most are partial and resolve as the pregnancy progresses and are a non-issue by delivery.
    Of course we're happy to still have you in this month and are sending you and baby lots of good vibes.

19. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@littlepeanut: Yes, stay here for sure! And I don't know much about placenta previa, but I do know a few friends have mentioned they were told their placentas were too low around this point and all but one moved in time for delivery. And the one that didn't move just had a c-section and was fine. I know it's nerve-wracking, but stressing before you see the doctor won't help anything! Hugs, Mama!

20. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Finally remembered to take a picture. Here's almost 22 weeks! I get a lot of "did you swallow a basketball?" comments...

21. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@littlepeanut: I haven't had placenta previa! But stay off dr Google!!! Essentially your placenta is resting on your cervix... Often they move. Sometimes they don't. It can potentially mean a c section if it doesn't move. But I have not heard of any really bad outcomes! I will keep you guys in my thoughts!! Also, I'm surprised they woukd move your due date late in the game! Those growth scans aren't super accurate because they are no longer measuring head to rump but they measure the head, the belly, the Arms, the legs and get an estimate. obviously some babies grow at different rates or may grow in the arms longer or whatever! Did you have an early ultrasound for dating? Hugs!!

@SeptMomma12: haha that is a cute torpedo bump for sure

@PrincessBaby: I will be delivered no later then May 1st but could be anytime in April of things go unsmoothly! Can I use that word? Lol

22. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: You look amazing! What a perfect bump!

I had a checkup today and I'm measuring 2cm/2wks ahead. I know those measurements are not that accurate, but my belly has been so much bigger this time around, and she's been measuring large pretty much ever since the first u/s (which was accurate based on my O dates)...I'm worried I have GD or something, and baby is huge. I have to do the 1 hour test next week, and it's a fast per the doctor. I am also worried that even if I don't actually have GD, the fact that I recently went back to paleo and don't really eat a lot of sugar (other than in fruit and the occasional piece of dark chocolate) that I'm going to falsely test pos for GD. I read that can happen to paleo peeps, because your body can't really handle that sugar dump after not really processing sugar and refined carbs. But I've only been doing paleo again for a couple of weeks, so maybe it won't matter....

This is what I feel like:

23. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Did you end up giving birth to your son early? I know you said he measured huge and this one is measuring huge, and I know based on your contractions you are expecting to go earlier...Just wondering how early your son was and how many weeks ahead he tended to measure. I know measuring ahead doesn't mean labor will happen sooner, I'm just new to this big baby thing bc H was born at 6lbs 9oz, super easy delivery, no tearing. And it looks like I'm getting ready to give birth to Sumo Baby over here, so I'm getting scared and maybe hopeful that she'll come early so she won't be so huge!

I read that Hayden Panettiere (sp?) talked about how giving birth to her huge baby with her huge husband basically destroyed her vagina on her small frame. I am smallish, and suddenly afraid of destroying the vag, lol.

24. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: my sons always been 90th percentile and measured big all the way through pregnancy approx 2 weeks ahead though they said 4 at one point And I had an NP tell me to prep for a csection which didn't happen. I was induced at 39 weeks due to pih and had no issues with delivery, I went without an epidural and only had slight tearing some of which was caused by the rush to get him out bc the cord was around his neck and he was slightly blue. He was 8-3 at birth. This little one is measuring small so I'm the opposite this time.

25. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: He actually didn't end up coming early. When I got off bed rest at 36 weeks they said he would come that weekend, but he hung on until 3 days before his due date. He was big though - 8lbs 14oz and 23 inches. In the end, I needed a c-section. I had no trouble dilating (all the practice contractions help with that!), but he just couldn't get through my pelvis. I pushed for hours and the doula had me in every position possible. That's why they won't let me try a VBAC this time - the doctor says I just grow them too big for my small pelvis.

As far as measuring, he was always measuring a few weeks ahead. I remember at 28 weeks, he measured 31 weeks. But it was always him measuring ahead on ultrasounds, not my belly measuring big. I've actually heard the belly measurements aren't always accurate.

I think the fact you delivered H so easily is a great sign for #2. Everyone says the second delivery is much easier, even with a larger baby.

ETA: That Jessica Simpson picture made me laugh

26. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: Thank you for that! That really does make me feel much better:) I think it's the tearing and the higher possibility of c-section that scares me the most. When I had H, I didn't care if I had vaginal or c-section, but I guess since I ended up with vaginal, and it was easy and it's all I know, I'm more scared of c-section this time!

@SeptMomma12: Wow! I can't believe you suffered on bed rest and early contractions just to go almost to your due date! I guess measurements really don't mean anything! I really hope that these 2nd deliveries are easier!!!!

27. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: I agree! My recovery was such a piece of cake last time, I'll be very disappointed with a csection this time.

28. littlepeanut

pea / 18 posts

Thank you ladies for your support and help, it means a lot!

@princessbaby Our childbirth class instructor told everyone last night that second labor length is usually cut in half from the first labor, and usually easier! Then she proceeded to tell everyone that every woman is different, etc. but in her experience as a nurse, it was almost always easier. Hoping the same for you!

29. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I'm actually scared to death of one, truth be told. Which is so different from how I felt last time. Fear of the unknown!

@littlepeanut: Oh that's a hopeful statistic!!!! Thank you! My first labor was 36 hours, so I'd be ecstatic if LO2 could keep it under a day!!!

30. blackbird

@littlepeanut: Half would be EPIC. I'll take an 8 hour labor Mine was 16 start to finish, induced....which I was told was pretty damn fast

31. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@littlepeanut: oh my god half would be amazing! They expected my son to be born between 5-6 and he was here at 2! From midnight to 9am I was a 0-3 and felt fine and then they started pit and I progressed the rest of the way between 9-12 and pushed from 12-2. So I guess half for me would be 7 hours Id definitely take that lol

32. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Anyone else having lower back pain? I can't seem to find a good stretch that helps:(

33. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: I'm still tight every time I move but right now it seems to be limited to the bump itself.

34. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@SeptMomma12: I hope someone answers this question because my back is killing me, too! One of my hips is also giving me trouble. I'm trying to find some prenatal yoga for beginners so I'll let you know if that works for me! I also scheduled a massage at my favorite place, but it's not for a few more weeks.

35. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: I'm the opposite. Surprisingly not having much discomfort with the bump (yet!) but my back is killing me

@kick641: Ugh I hope so too!

36. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: yeah but I have herniated discs before so those act up. A chiropractor and a belly support belt are very helpful. Mine has been having me do a lot of planks lately and I'll be damned if my back isn't angry these past two weeks....

37. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: @jetsa: I don't have back pain so I can't offer advice, but I do have pain every time I look in the mirror and realize that my shit is starting to look like this:

38. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

In an effort to try to Stop The Spread, I joined a place called "9 Rounds" today. It's a kickboxing interval station place that does 30 min workouts. Several of the docs I call on for work go there and told me about it, and it's right next to H's daycare, so I did it today and a trainer helped me modify stuff. I feel like I did something even though it was only 30 minutes. The bummer was I didn't get to H until 5:45 and she was the last one in the place which I felt crappy about, but we're just both going to have to rally for Project Stop The Spread. My husband comes home from work on Friday, so it won't be all the time that I'll be so late to get her. I don't like to be later than 5:15 if I can help it. I have no idea what all the parents do that they're able to clear every kid in daycare out by 5:30, but that's what happens.

39. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

PS: I have gained 20 lbs at a few days shy of 25 weeks.

Kill. Me. Now.

The only thing saving me is that my belly is SO GINORMOUS with a massive baby inside that it fools everyone into thinking I'm "all baby." Or maybe they're all just super sweet and that's the benefit of living in the South - manners.

I miss you, skinny legs

40. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@kick641: Apologies for crashing your thread but the Spinning Babies website has some great exercises that would probably help with back pain (I think one is called cat-cow?)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee