Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

I'm also feeling huge here. Went in today for my almost-23w appt and the Dr. said "blood pressure good, belly measurement good, weight.....ok." Haha, point taken Doc!!
    @PrincessBaby: I'm also up 20lbs already. I'm at almost the same weight that I was when I delivered my son....which is just insane to me, and scary.

I feel like I've been eating pretty well. I run around after a toddler all day and I've been taking a prenatal exercise class once a week. DS was a peanut at 6lb13oz - and I still tore pretty badly, so I'm terrified of what a bigger baby could do to me

2. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Keppa: I don't think I've eaten that bad either! I've definitely reeled it in the last couple of weeks (I went back to paleo) and then today I started the kickboxing thing. I'm going to lay off the scale and just concentrate on eating clean and doing a few workouts a week...Quit obsessing over numbers that hate me:( I mean other than healthy eating and exercise, what else can be done, really? I'm solo parenting a toddler for 3 weeks at a time while my husband works away and I work about 45-50 hours a week, so I have got to cut myself some slack:(

3. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

Hi ladies,

Had my anatomy scan today. Baby girl is measuring 3 days ahead still. They said my placenta is thicker than normal for this point. It could be related to gestational diabetes though I haven't been diagnosed this pregnancy yet. Retesting next appt. It can be from a viral infection like rubella, toxoplasms, some other diseases. They tested me for a bunch of them hoping the results don't take long. It sounds like they just will keep an extra eye on her growth. Which, is already happening due to my liver issues and cholestasis of pregnancy. I'm trying not to worry. But I kind of forgot that the toxoplasms can come from cat litter box. I have to cats but I wear one of those heavy duty face masks when I change the box, and I wash my hands thoroughly. So that's freaking me out a bit

Hoping I get my bloodwork back tomorrow to at least rule out that!

4. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Keppa: @PrincessBaby: I know not everyone can do this - it's certainly not easy - but I don't look at the number. So I have no idea what I've gained. I just told the doctor to tell me if it was a problem. I did this last time with my son too and it just alleviated a lot of stress for me. I didn't ask what I had gained until I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight.

@BabyPenguinXO: Fingers crossed you just have a thick placenta! I have a cat and my doctor tested me early on for exposure to toxoplasmosis, which was negative. He said the chances of an indoor-only cat carrying it are almost zero. And your mask should prevent anything! When will you have the results?

5. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: hugs. I'm sure the doctors will watch out for your little one.

6. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: the results will take a few days it sounds like. I just called to ask cause I forgot to ask yesterday I was just puzzled. My cats are indoor only but the doctor had asked if I was exposed to anything specifically like 6 or so weeks ago. And the cats found a mouse and tore it apart. I touched it bare handed in the middle of the night not realizing I thought it was my banana peel on the floor I was going to the bathroom and it was on te floor. Imagine the horror when it wasn't a banana peel!!! So now im like well cool lol they fits the time line but soooooo unlikely.

@jetsa: thank you!!

7. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: OMG I just cringed reading that! That's horrible! My cat missed the memo that he's supposed to kill mice. We had one in our apartment when we lived in NYC and he literally screeched and jumped on the couch. Total cat fail!

8. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: hahaha omg that is too perfect. That's how I would assume my cats to act but instead they tore that thing up. Ugh! We have outdoor cats that wander we are in the country and they are good mousers so I think they keep most of them at bay. I've seen them dead outside and they look like they just fell over and died... Not tore apart!!

9. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: grossssss.

My cats would probably sit on the shelf and be like "mom? Come get this. we're lazy mofos".

10. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: bahaha it's probably cause I have a younger 5 month cat who is still very much a kitten

11. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: oh yeah mine are 7 years old....and Persians are notoriously bummish

12. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: haha oh gosh yes Persians are!!!

13. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Kemma: Thanks for recommending that!

Is anyone keeping track of calories? I kind of went through a eat everything phase after the hypermesis left, and now I'm more or less back to my starting weight. I want to eat more normally, but I can't really remember what normal should feel like anymore. I was thinking of tracking 2100 calories a day until I kind of get a feel for it, but I didn't know if that was kind of frowned upon.

14. blackbird

@kick641: I'm tracking mine only because I'm trying to make sure I'm eating enough of the good stuff. More so focusing on making sure I get a good balance of protein, fats, and carbs...I use the nutrition function in MFP a lot.Otherwise I end up with an unbalanced day with a lot of carbs and fat, so it gently reminds me that I need to add some protein into my days. The other day i had waaaaay too much fruit in the morning, so I balanced it with a protein shake later on. But i've also noticed that I can undereat and not be hungry for more food (especially because I'm not eating crap), so some of it is making sure that I am getting enough, period. I tend to eat a lot less when I eat healthier, nutrient dense food.

15. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Totally random, but I was just reading your photographer thread. It's timely because we were just talking about alerting the woman we used last time that we'd need her in May. Do you have an example of a "lifestyle shoot" for a newborn? I am so clueless on this stuff. I don't even know if ours were posed or lifestyle!

16. blackbird

17. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Ah, got it. Thanks! I think ours sorta does a combo, but probably leaning more toward posed.

18. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Thank goodness my ravenous hunger has subsided. I still have second breakfast every day, but I don't need a second lunch or bedtime snack any more

I have my next appointment this afternoon. Just a regular OB one, GD is next time.

Sometimes I feel like I have a large belly, other days I wonder how an "ear of corn" can actually fit in there!

19. blackbird

@MsHangry: ha i totally do! I'm on a schedule now. breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner....and then i've been waking up around midnight to snack on something. Guess i can't go from 5pm til 6am without food

I'm looking almost exactly the same as last time!

20. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Love that you're wearing the same shirt! My maternity clothes from #1 are all sundresses - not helpful in the northeast in January You look great!

My hunger comes and goes. Some days I can't get enough, some days I have to remember to eat. But oh man on those hungry days I am insatiable!

21. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: Thanks! Well i initially wasn't, but then i couldn't tell what the difference was, so i dug this shirt out to be sure, LOL. Since #2 is due one month after #1 was, we're all in the same season!

22. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I'm leaning toward posed too! I've thought all weekend about it, and I think I'm going to do that. Maybe it's a girl thing? I wouldn't care as much about posed for boys. I think I'd do the lifestyle thing. But for an eenie weenie girl - I think I do need the posed:)

@blackbird: You look great! Both times:)

Anyone else having later in pregnancy symptoms showing up? I remember with my first pregnancy (although I had forgotten until it came back and reminded me) that my eyelashes started falling out and breaking off! I have really long lashes and basically spend the most time on them over anything else in my makeup routine. They're one of my "things." And I remember how disappointing it was that they went to complete shit towards the end. Well, that's happening again. Much to my dismay! Sucks!

Does anyone have a linea negra? I had a really prominent one with H, but I can't remember when it came on...I don't have one, at least not yet, with this pregnancy...My husband keeps saying "I wonder why you don't have that big line this time.." lol.

23. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Oh and is anyone else doing anything for stretch mark prevention? I was sooooo worried about stretch marks my first pregnancy, and I slathered myself in Mama Mio morning, noon, and night. I ended up not getting any, but I don't know if the lotion helped or if it was just luck. This time, I"m having a hard time remembering to do the belly cream. And if I do, I just really don't feel like it! I should really get on the ball because the way this kid is tracking (huge) my stomach is going to be stretched more than last time. Although if I get them, I'll just get them lasered so not stressing too bad.

24. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: I have them from major weight gain. So not worried.

25. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: No linea negra last time and no sign this time. I'm really pale though and I seem to remember reading once that the paler you are, the less likely you will get one. But unfortunately I have major stretch marks from my first pregnancy. I was religious with the Mama Mio cream too and I made it to 36 weeks without a sign of them (the doctor even commented that she didn't think she'd ever seen someone so big without stretch marks)...then boom, a ton appeared overnight. It's not surprising because my belly gets HUGE - it's the down side of only gaining in your belly They're only around my belly button, but this time I've kinda just given up. My belly button never returned to normal from my first either, so my bikini days are behind me regardless!

26. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: I don't have one yet, and I'm not bothering with anything beyond my standard moisturizer since nothing actually works. I use a mix of Cetaphil and almond oil

27. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: I use a coconut oil all natural cream and I used it last time as well. I didn't get any last time and I'm smaller this time so I'm hoping I have the same luck.

28. blackbird

@jetsa: jealous! E was crammed onto my left side so hard, you can totally tell because I have a TON on one side where her ass was sticking out big time lol

29. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: lol, I totally know its all luck

30. blackbird

@jetsa: I figured my height would have saved me but I carry super out front so it is what it is! But I know they fade and I'll still wear a bikini so fuck it

31. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: I carry all in front so I semi-expected them.

32. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: my linea nigra is just barely starting below my waistline. I'm oddly excited about it.

I heard stretch marks are genetic? My mom has a ton, so I just figure it's a matter of time...

Like you said, there is always laser treatment if I ever really want to be in a bikini again anyway...

33. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

Oh no linea here either. I never got one last time. My mom had it. I thought it was hereditary?

34. blackbird

@jetsa: it's always good to be lucky about something with pregnancy, eh?! Lol. I've got marks in some other boxes at least

@MsHangry: my mom had zero!

35. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: Hahahaha I love your attitude.

36. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: easier the second time around. The first time, it was devastating. They were so red and purple and wide. And they faded to a near silver, nonexistent color. Just a slight ripply texture. Now I know things go back to 95%, I guess!

37. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: that's true my mom got bad ones from me!!!!

38. blackbird

I've had an eventful morning . Had my 24 week appointment and GD test, and when I was in the elevator, a lady (with two kids!) asked if i was having a baby soon. I said, "well, four months" and she said "twins?" so then i got to tell her no, and that she was being rude.

Then as I was leaving, some old people were going the wrong way on the ramp of the parking garage, so I almost hit them. FUN.

I"m going to hide out at home all day!

39. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

Oh crud. I'm sorry for being so absent lately! It's hard to catch up when I'm a few days behind, and then I just delay it more. Ha! I'm glad to hear for the most part we're all doing well. Though it does sound like there have been some eventful days/events sprinkled throughout.

Such cute bumps for those that have shared!!

Seems like most of us are coming upon the GD test soon. Yuck, I remember being so sick the entire day last time. I might work from home after I do it, or try eating that morning.

I can't help but feel so behind and in a whirlwind with this pregnancy. Because the LOs will be almost exactly 2 years apart (their due dates are only 3 days apart), it's been fun to look back on things I did this time of year 2 years ago. But, I am realizing how put together I was! I was taking a bump pic every week, the nursery was almost complete by now, and I had my whole maternity leave plan laid out. This time? Nada.

Speaking of maternity leave plan - for those working moms, have you guys figured yours out yet? I lead a team of 6 people in 3 different specialties, and my boss wants me to do a dry run of my leave plan in April. Last maternity leave, so many things slipped because they left my responsibilities with a really busy Director. This time, he wants me to split out the responsibilities to a bunch of people (including Directors, Managers, the CFO, and even the CEO). We're a smaller company, hence why I'd give the CEO any of my work. Anyway, venting, but I can't wrap my head around how to get it all figured out, still enjoy my leave, and come back to a good environment that was kept up with (but they still missed me :silly:).

Here's my ONE bump pic taken (22 weeks) so far this pregnancy. Don't mind my awkward arm.

40. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: so cute your LO touching your belly!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee