Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

EDD: May 18, 2016

How far along: 4weeks

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: Monday. We got pregnant our first cycle trying but in ended in an early miscarriage so the Dr. wilk be doing blood draws next weeks to check betas and order a 6 week ultrasound.

Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, insomnia, some light nausea, light cramping

Who have you told? Just DH, we will tell my parents and a few close friends after pos. beta results, most friends/family by first U/S, FB after 10 weeks.

2. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@iluvboba637: Thanks! I teach ELL & learning assistance k-7. Already off to a busy start. Happy school year to you too

3. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@TrailRunner: Gah. It is super tiring. In my mind I'm think I'm going to take it easy but thats already proving impossible.

4. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Welcome to @My Only Sunshine, @catlady and @ModernDayJibarita!!

5. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

EDD: May 9th
    How far along: 5w2d
    First child: nope, my daughter just turned 1 (Aug 14 baby) and from what I see I might have the smallest sibling gap so far
    First dr appt: Oct 1st
    Symptoms: nausea, crazy sense of smell, some cramping that seems to be done now.
    Who have you told: parents, siblings and some friends. With our history the whole waiting for 2nd trimester thing means nothing.

6. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

EDD: 5/20/15
    How far along: 3ish weeks? Just got my BFP this morning!
    First child? No ,I have a 2.5 year old DS
    First doctor appointment: Haven't called yet!
    Any symptoms so far? No symptoms other than being extremely tired! But I have an emotional toddler so I just figured that was normal
    Who have you told? No one! Hoping to get DS a big brother t shirt to wear tonight for when DH comes home.

I'm excited to join all of you!!

7. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@catlady: congrats and welcome! That is so awesome you got to see the HB!

@ModernDayJibarita: congrats!! I hope this is your sticky baby!

@xInfinity: congrats and welcome! You will have two under two for a few months! Brave woman!

@petunia354: congrats! Cute way to tell your DH. My DH would NEVER catch on!

8. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@TrailRunner: Ha, yeah my DH can be pretty oblivious too, so we'll see! I'm too tired to think up anything creative or more involved than that.

9. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@petunia354: eeeeeeeee!!!! So happy for you!!!

10. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Thanks!!!!!

11. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@petunia354: totally being nosy, Congrats!!! That didn't take long!

12. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@petunia354: congrats!!!!

13. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@petunia354: ahhhhhhhhhhhhh congrats friend!!!!!!!

14. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

Congrats to all the ladies who have already joined! I don’t post much but am a pretty constant lurker. Trying to get out of my shell a bit

@xInfinity: Yay! I was on the August board with you but my LO came in July.

EDD: May 5 based on positive OPK

How far along: 6 weeks

First child? No, I have a 13 month old son

First doctor appointment: 9/22

Any symptoms so far? Mostly nausea, some slight sore boobs

Who have you told? DH, some work friends and my bff. Waiting until ultrasound to tell family, though I'm pretty sure they all know but are too polite to say anything

15. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@Smurfette: @BandDmommy: @mrsjyw: Thanks, friends!!

@sharpie: Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!

16. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@petunia354: Shut the front door! Congratulations!

17. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

@sharpie: Yay, awesome to "see" you again! Congrats!

18. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@petunia354: @xInfinity: Thanks!

19. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Congrats to all the new May mommas!

How is everyone feeling? Knock on wood, but I'm still only feeling a tiny bit of nausea here and there. The fatigue has been killing me this week though! Almost fell asleep on my desk at work the last few days...

20. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@csross217: Just super tired! I don't have any other symptoms but I'm still very newly pregnant. I'm didn't have nausea with my first so I'm hoping to escape that again, fingers crossed!

@MrsKoala: lol, Thanks friend!!!

21. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

@csross217: My boobs are killing me! It hurts to wear a bra but it also hurts not to wear one and I feel like I can sleep for daayyyysss. I've had random bursts of nausea but no morning sickness yet.

22. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@sharpie: congrats and welcome!

@csross217: to be honest...I'm miserable. I'm extremely nauseous all the time. Every smell makes me either dry heave or puke. I am 6 weeks today and I'm not sure how I can go another 6 weeks. I'm not super tired tho! Ok, sorry for being dramatic! Other than the nausea tho I feel good. My boobs are painful, but they feel fine when I wear a really supportive bra.

23. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@petunia354: I haven't had any real nausea yet either, so FX for both of us that it stays that way! This is my first, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but my mom never had morning sickness with her pregnancies so maybe I'll luck out!

@ModernDayJibarita: OMG yes to the sore boobs! I'm only comfortable if I'm wearing a soft sports bra, and I even have to wear one to sleep now because they're just so sore!

@TrailRunner: Sorry you're feeling so miserable I hope it lets up soon for you! I'm a little over 6 weeks as well and I've been lucky so far not to have much nausea, but I'm worried it's going to hit hard any day now. Sore boobs are making me the most miserable. Between those and the vivid dreams, I'm barely sleeping at all, and I'm exhausted all day!

24. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@csross217: The real nausea hit a few days ago, but thankfully it really only hits in the morning and it's not everyday. Peppermint tea and saltines have saved me! And yup to the sore boobs, but only during the night and first thing in the morning. But my normal push-up bra now makes my boobs look ridiculous. Ha!
    And I have to get up to pee in the middle of the night, every night, since before my BFP!

Curious, what do you guys do to fight MS? @TrailRunner: ugh I'm sorry it's so persistent! I've heard it's a great sign though Hang in there!

25. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@csross217: @YogiRunner: thanks for the support! Re-reading it I feel so bad about how dramatic I am! I tell myself that it's a good sign, and for that I am grateful. I guess I just didn't expect it to interfere with my daily life to this extent.

As for managing it, I wear sea bands and sometimes that helps to take the edge off. Mine subsides while I eat, so I am constantly eating. I no longer cook (poor DH), bc cooking sets me off. I also suck on ginger candy, but now I'm turned off by those so I ordered so sea bands gum. I'll update after I get to let you know if it works. Def don't let yourself get too hungry bc I find that to always leads to puking.

26. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I'm pretty tired, but I remember it being worse last time. It could be that I'm so used to being tired at this point it couldn't get much worse! Or, more optimistically, I am only working two days a week right now, and although being home with a toddler isn't exactly relaxing, I find it easier than working out of the home (and I can take a nap if it's a bad day!).
    The worst symptom is my bloating. I am not exaggerating when I say that at certain times of day I look as big as I did when I was 20 weeks pregnant. It is insane how quickly my belly just relaxed back into that shape. It's quite uncomfortable too. I can't even wear real pants. I wore some "fat pants" to work this week but they won't fit much longer, and fitted waist bands are so uncomfortable on the bloat.

I get worn down pretty quickly, and have to head to bed quite early because my body just feels so tired!

But, all in all, I would say I actually feel much better than I did last time. That said, I'm only really like a week in, so we will see what happens.

27. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

I'm also feeling pretty sick already - luckily haven't puked yet, but I've felt like it several times this week. Eating as soon as I wake up (even before I get out of bed - hubby's been getting me bagels haha) is helping and then sucking on peppermint candies is getting me through. And smoothies - it seems like I'm doing better with drinking than eating. I told my boss this week because I couldn't hide it from her anymore!

28. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Welcome to all the new members!

I've been hanging low the last few days. My betas have me worried
    13dpo 100
    17dpo 306
    19dpo 579

Sometimes I read that you only need a 66% increase in 2 days or that it's ok if your numbers double in 72 hours. If that's the case I'm ok. I just wish I had normal doubling betas. I have a scan booked Oct 1 at 7+5. I don't know how to get rid of my anxiety

29. Kelli_elizabeth

apple seed / 2 posts

@Due Date:
    EDD- May 14
    Symptoms- just feeling extremely tired at this time. I know any day the nausea will start. I had it bad with my first.
    Children- I have a 9 month old baby girl. Excited for this pregnancy but this one was not planned and I'm still nervous about the thought of having 2 under 2!
    Told- No one yet! Trying to wait as long as possible until my first appt but I don't think it'll last much longer.

30. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@delight: I'm sorry you are experiencing anxiety and worry with your betas. I know nothing about betas, but I think the increase seems good? Is your doc concerned?

@Kelli_elizabeth: welcome and congrats! I hope the nausea holds off for you!

31. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

I found out a few days ago but waited until I got stronger positives. I got a light positive on a FRER a few days ago but the digital was negative. But yesterday I got positives on both!

EDD: May 19, 2016 according to the Internet

How far along: 4 weeks and change

First child? Nope! I have two boys - 3 years old this month and a 16 month old. I was in the May 2014 group.

First doctor appointment: Not sure - I have to call tomorrow. But my OB schedule your first visit at around 8 weeks so it'll be a while.

Any symptoms so far? My sleep has been off but that could be because of my boys. And I also have been having less patience. I didn't get symptoms until about 5-6 weeks with my other pregnancies.

Who have you told? Besides DH - my mom, siblings, and in laws. We spill the beans right away.

32. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Kelli_elizabeth: I had 2 under 2 and it was great!

33. Kelli_elizabeth

apple seed / 2 posts

@Mamasig: great to hear! I would love to hear about your experience!

34. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Kelli_elizabeth: I knew I wanted my kids close in age because I have large age gaps with my siblings. My boys are 20 months apart. The hard part was that my 20 month old was still a baby in so many ways. For me, it was difficult when they both needed me and I could only tend to one. But as they both got older that became less and less. The positives were that my older son doesn't remember life before his brother. He was enamored with him from the moment he met him in the hospital. He really has been the best big brother. Seeing the love that was natural between them is my greatest joy as a mother. Now they play together and truly care about each other. It's the best!

35. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@csross217: So far nothing major yet. Though I think I am already starting to bloat. That was always one of my biggest complaints early on.

36. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Silva: oh my, I'm so bloated too! Not even 5 weeks yet. At this rate there's no way I could keep this pregnancy secret until 12 weeks.

@YogiRunner: I had nausea early when I was pregnant with my DD and already have it in waves now. The things that help the most are staying very well hydrated, eating a lot of protein, and keeping my blood sugar fairly consistent with lots of little snacks snd limited high sugar foods.

@delight: Thinking of you! Will your doc do more betas or just wait for the scan? My betas last week were ok but at 12 and 14 dpo so so early! I have to call today to find out my next step.

37. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@Mamasig: Congrats!!

@My Only Sunshine: I'm seriously counting down the weeks until it is acceptable to wear maternity pants. The bloating is so crazy!!

38. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@TrailRunner: Thanks!

@Kelli_elizabeth: @Mamasig: welcome and congrats!

I feel pretty awful. Last time I didn't get nausea until the second tri and this time I have it full force at 6 weeks. Haven't thrown up yet but constantly gagging and running to the bathroom because I think I will. Sleep is also elusive, I am SO tired all the time but I'm not sleeping well at all. And on the weekends I try to get a nap in but it's hit or miss, sometimes I just lay there awake wishing I was asleep.

@My Only Sunshine: Do you have any suggestions for protein? I'm having some major meat aversions. I've been eating a lot of peanut butter and cheese but it doesn't feel like enough, plus the cheese isn't great for constipation, etc.

39. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@sharpie: For snacks my go-tos are string cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, almonds, hummus with veggies, and peanut butter or almond butter on saltines. Hard-boiled eggs would be good too, but the thought of them makes my stomach turn. Skim milk is pretty good for protein too.

For meals, beans and quinoa are both really high protein if you're having meat aversions.

40. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Oooh thanks, I forgot about beans! Yeah, hard boiled eggs (or any eggs, really) sound repulsive to me at the moment.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee