Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@Silva: I had insomnia last night too. I hate it!

@My Only Sunshine: I never actually throw up (I guess that's a good thing), just burp. I have to try so hard not to do it at work. Lol.

2. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@csross217: good luck!

3. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@csross217: Good luck! I love the 1st appointment. I get an ultrasound (vaginal) and you get to hear the heartbeat. OB does a very quick exam, and you get a goodie bag with books, samples, etc. The next few appointments after that are uneventful.

4. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

I'm driving DH crazy. I'm either moody because I don't feel well or I'm moody because for some period of time I feel fine and that makes me nervous.

@My Only Sunshine: yup, same with the burps. I guess I prefer the burping to the vomiting, but then sometimes the burp (taste, sensation) makes me want to vomit anyway.

5. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@TrailRunner: Thank you!

@Mamasig: This is really helpful! It always makes me nervous not knowing what to expect. I'm really hoping to have an ultrasound today

6. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@csross217: I also forgot that you get blood work done and they go over your history. Let us know how it goes.

7. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@csross217: Good luck today!

Since I went through IVF, I had my ~6.5 week ultrasound with the RE today. Saw the little bean and his/her flickering heart beat! So now I "graduate" on to an OB, first appointment is in two weeks. Huzzah!

8. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

My betas look good! 334 at 4 weeks 5 days by LMP (or 14dpo by O date) and my progesterone was also good at 28. Going in tomorrow for my second blood draw. Feel a small sigh of relief and little less paralyzed by fear and more excited about this pregnancy.

9. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: That IS a relief! Congrats!

10. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@YogiRunner: whoo hoo! That's awesome!

@ModernDayJibarita: so glad your numbers looked good!

11. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

This is not the post I thought I would be writing.

Last friday I woke up and my symptoms had seemingly vanished. The cramping began a short time later and I was certain that I was losing this pregnancy. I went into work anyways bc I figured I'd be needing time off soon to cope with the loss and aftermath. Even though I never saw bleeding, I was hopeless. I spent the entire weekend in complete hell. Not knowing what was going on, but thinking the worse, I started the grieving process. Following two consecutive MC I knew the sooner I started to grieve, the sooner I would begin recovery.

Fast forward to yesterday and I had an internal ultrasound. I started crying as soon as the doc came into the room and I told him I was fairly certain I'd lost the pg. He quickly began the scan and declared immediately that he saw a heartbeat - I lost it. I was so confused. I didn't 'feel' pregnant anymore so how could it be?? He had to repeat many times, "you are pregnant, there is a good strong heartbeat and you are measuring exactly where you should be based on dates". I finally stopped crying and looked up at the screen and there it was. He told me not to worry about the symptoms, they may come and go. I left the office in a fog and it took sometime for me to actually accept things. Low and behold, the nausea kicked right back in last night and was raging this morning.

One more cautious day at a time. Hoping you ladies are all doing well today

12. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: great news!

@Autumnmama79: so sorry you had a scare but it's great news you saw the baby and heartbeat. Symptoms will come and go! Pregnancy can be very stressful, but try to enjoy the good stuff - like seeing your baby.

13. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@Autumnmama79: aww hang in there. I could've written your post exactly. I had bright red bleeding on Saturday and instantly felt un-pregnant. My pants fit normal, the bloating disappeared, my boobs no longer felt heavy, the stretchy tight crampy feeling in my lower abdomen disappeared. I went into the appt and said I know it's over. 2 seconds into the ultrasound the dr said well look at that, we have a heartbeat so stop it w the negative thinking.

14. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Autumnmama79: I'm so glad everything is alright! The first trimester can be so nerve wracking, even without a history of loss. I hope you can find some ways to relieve your anxiety a little bit (trust me, I know it's hard).

15. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@Mamasig and @Silva: Thank you for your positive words of encouragement, they are so appreciated.

@iluvboba637: What a nightmare. I'm so sorry that you had to go through the same thing!! OMG its just the absolute worst. All those feelings you listed were the same that disappeared for me too - what the heck? So happy that you got a crazy good surprise ultrasound too.

16. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@Autumnmama79: one day at a time. We can do this friend. I'm going on a cruise to Mexico tmw. Gotta keep myself sane. Maybe you could go away for the weekend or take a day off for a spa day. Hang in there!!

17. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@iluvboba637: Wonderful! Enjoy the cruise And yes I definitely need to carve out some pampering time ASAP.

18. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Autumnmama79: Oh man, your post totally tricked me! I am SO glad that it turned out to be good! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything continues to go well!

19. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Autumnmama79: What an awful scare, but I'm so happy to hear that things are going well! Just take it one day at a time

20. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

My appointment went well yesterday. No ultrasound Have one scheduled for next Friday when I'll be 8 weeks. I saw the FNP for my initial appointment, then I'll be seeing each of the 4 OB's over the next few months to meet them all. Other than that, just did the standard blood work and exam and got some information.

Question: Is everyone following the suggested do's/don'ts? For example, I've been eating sandwiches without heating the meat up and had a few medium steaks. Are these things I should really be super concerned about?

21. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@csross217: Next Friday is soon! It'll be here before you know it.

I try to use common sense with all the recommendations. I remember I asked my OB about sushi last time and she told me if there's a place I go all the time that's clean and reputable, sushi's no problem. But she told me maybe I should avoid sketchy gas station sushi (if that's a thing - gross). I follow the same general attitude for most of the recommendations.

22. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@csross217: I think you have to make that call yourself- figure out what you are comfortable with. I don't eat sandwich meat that often, but when I do I have been microwaving it. I do still eat my steak medium-rare, although I cook burgers a little more (my understanding is that any bacteria would be on the outside of the meat, which is seared off when you cook a steak but ground up in a burger, so that should be cooked a little more).

I didn't drink last time until the last two weeks when I was desperate (i craved beer my entire pregnancy), and had a half a beer a couple times. I'm pretty sure small amounts of alcohol are fine, but I'm more comfortable with the hard and fast rule for myself (I really like booze, and don't want to be on a slippery slope of "oh, I can fill the glass up a little more").

I have a friend who doesn't follow any of the "rules", and another who followed every single one to the tee. I fall somewhere in the middle, maybe a little closer to rule following :). Still feeling guilty about my coffee!

23. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@csross217: The only rules my OB gave were no raw meat or fish and watch out for soft cheeses that aren't pasteurized. I don't even remember what she said about alcohol. But I'm not a big drinker anyway (but go figure I really want a beer now). When I asked about the deli meat thing, she said it wasn't a big deal. And last pregnancy I are a deli sandwich every day for months! It's all I wanted. And honestly I think I did eat sushi a couple of times. So I guess I don't follow the rules exactly!

24. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@csross217: I'm impressed you don't have a meat aversion! At this time, the only really thing that has changed for me is I cut out coffee and alcohol. I have no problem with people drinking during pregnancy, but I have had a major aversion to it so far. I think once I get in the second trimester and start craving some of the things on the "no no" list I will have to re-evaluate my stance on some things.

25. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Autumnmama79: So glad everything turned out just fine. Having symptoms is our one way of knowing things are cooking, so I can imagine getting very anxious if they go away. But great to know that this definitely happens and it doesn't necessarily mean anything at all! One day at a time indeed

@csross217: I just graduated from my RE and she actually didn't even say anything about what to avoid, so I've just been googling and using an app. I'm usually in the "better safe than sorry" camp, but there isn't much I'm able to stomach these days anyways. The one thing I'm confused about is sausages and bacon on an egg and cheese... are they still not ok after being heated up?

26. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@csross217: I've been so much less strict about it this time around... deli meat, soft serve, whatever :). I wouldn't have alcohol though, and I stopped coffee, but the thought of either turns my stomach so that's helpful haha. I think you just need to do what you feel comfortable with!

So for whatever reason, the hospital asked my doctor to send me for one more HCG test before my u/s next week. The office just called and said my levels are "great"! Didn't give a number, but that gives me a little peace of mind

27. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

Betas from second blood draw look great! Increased from 334 to 1022 Glad to have a little more piece of mind. Only 3 more weeks until my next Dr. appt and U/S.

28. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@sslm: That is awesome!

@Autumnmama79: I'm so glad everything is OK!

@csross217: I'm pretty lax, I'll have a little of anything (coffee, beer) and a lot of some (soft serve, sushi). Slightly stricter during the first tri though.

29. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@TrailRunner: Thank you! I hope things are continuing well in your pregnancy!

@csross217: Thank you too, it was such a scare and I'm trying to move on and happy and relaxed

@YogiRunner: Crazy symptom games are not welcome here and you're so right, thats the only way of know somethings really going on in there! I was telling DH that if we were super rich I'd have an MD and his ultrasound machine living at our house.

Thanks! @sharpie

As for sticking to the guidelines, I have had aversions to all the 'bad' things so far and I don't drink coffee period so it hasn't been much of a stretch for me. All I want is carbs, carbs, carbs anyways lol.

@ModernDayJibarita: Yay! Great increases mama. Hooray for peace of mind.

30. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@sslm: @ModernDayJibarita: Great news for the both of you!!

31. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@sslm: I actually didn't know until my now 2-year-old daughter was like a year old that soft-serve is on the "no" list for pregnant ladies, whoops. I ate so many Dairy Queen blizzards while I was pregnant!

32. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I didn't know either and ate so many blizzards and buster bars with Lo1. Oops!

33. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: That's great news!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't strictly adhering to the guidelines... I'm usually a worrier and this is my first pregnancy but I feel like a lot of it is more scare tactics. The only specific things my OB mentioned were lunch meat, raw/undercooked meat and unpasteurized cheese (which I guess hard to find in the US anyway). She did say one cup of coffee a day is fine, and I brew my coffee pretty weak so I'm sure it's well under 200 mg of caffeine.

@YogiRunner: I think bacon and sausage fall under the same category as lunch meat.... fine to eat as long as they are heated thoroughly.

34. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

This is a new symptom for me... I guess it's maybe like food aversion? But it isn't the thought or smell of any food. Sometimes I just take a bite of something and it tastes rotten and I cannot eat another bite or I will vomit. It's random things- scrambled eggs, fish, tonight it Was pesto pasta and sausage.
    So I had cookies for dinner.

35. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Silva: I eat lots of Popsicles. I can always keep cookies and Popsicles down!

So, we ended up having to tell some people before we were ready. People have been noticing how sick I have been, and my boss even came today to ask me about my health. We decided it's prob best to tell our parents before too many ppl figured it out. My mom started crying, which blew me away bc she NEVER cries. Like ever. I have asked the ppl to please keep quiet bc we haven't even had a pregnancy confirmation yet!

36. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@TrailRunner: sometimes it's hard to keep it a secret. I usually tell after my 1st appointment because I show pretty early. Last time two coworkers figured it out before I said anything.

@ModernDayJibarita: great news!

Looking forward to my appointment in 3 weeks. Besides bloating I don't "feel" pregnant yet.

37. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@YogiRunner: so happy you saw the HB mama! Yeah!
    @Autumnmama79: oh my gosh what a scare. I am so glad everything looked ok!!
    @csross217: I've been pretty bad this pregnancy about the do's and dont's. I totally wasn't even thinking about being pregnant the other day at the fair and went on a kiddie rollercoaster with my DD. It was pretty tame but I felt bad as soon as I saw the "pregnant women should use caution while riding" sign. I have eaten runny eggs and sandwich meat. I haven't given up my cup of coffee. Basically the only thing I am not doing is drinking my wine.
    @sslm: I'm so glad your levels are looking great. I'm sure it has been a huge stress. I know I'm super stressed with my beta draws so far. Your scan will be hear before you know it. I am sending lots of positive vibes your way.
    @ModernDayJibarita: wonderful betas lady!!!

38. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Well, just hit a new milestone I think.... had to unbutton my work pants because I'm so bloated!!! Yikes!!

39. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@csross217: i totally had to do that yesterday, too. i'm so glad its finally going to cool off next week- it will be a lot easier to camouflage this insane belly.

40. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

In other news, it took me three days to house an entire 12 oz container of tzatziki dip with rice crackers. i want mooooore. its the best thing I've ever eaten.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee