Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@csross217 and @Silva: I feel you ladies. I've been wearing leggings and a long wool coat to work nearly everyday and leaving the coat on all day - thank goodness we're moving into winter!

2. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

Hey ladies! I haven't been on the computer much these days, but I've got 2 weeks off, so I figured I'd try and join in.

EDD: May 16 (Based on when I *think* I O'd. Not certain)

How far along: 5 weeks, 4 days

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: I have my first ultrasound next Thursday.

Any symptoms so far? Nausea, fatigue, and some digestive issues.

Who have you told? My brother-in-law, my niece, and my stepson. We will tell my parents and grandparents this Sunday.

I spent the last two weeks completely stressed out because they kept sending me back for beta draws. My numbers doubled every 2 days, but the waiting for the results caused me a lot of anxiety because I never had good numbers in my previous pregnancies. But then it jumped from 1075 on Monday to 4105 on Thursday, and my doctor was so happy she was practically screeching over the phone. Lol.

So now hubby and I can relax and we feel more comfortable telling my parents before week 10, which was the original plan. But we have to do it this weekend because hubs can't come to my first ultrasound so I want my mother to be there.

3. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@KrzyRiver: Congats and welcome!! Those sound like excellent beta numbers so great when the doc gets excited too!

4. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

5. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@KrzyRiver: welcome and congrats! We are so happy to have you!

Is anyone experiencing some cramping? I definitely don't remember this from my first pregnancy. It's not sharp, just uncomfortable.

6. Miss Flamingo

cherry / 133 posts

Hope it's not too late to join in!

EDD: May, 03
    How far along: almost 8 weeks
    First Child: no I have a toddler
    First Dr Appt: not until October 2nd. It feels like forever away
    Symptoms: I pretty much feel terrible all day long: exhausted and nauseous. The total opposite of my first pregnancy.
    Who have I told: we told our families and my closest friends. Basically people who I would look to for support if something doesn't go as planned.
    I'm excited to join this board! Hope all you other May Mommas are feeling ok!

7. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@KrzyRiver: Congrats and welcome!!

@Miss Flamingo: Welcome! We're due date twins!

8. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@petunia354: I have lots of cramping especially in the middle of the night

I had lots of cramps when I was pregnant with DS too.

9. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@petunia354: I haven't this time. My doctor told me cramping is normal.

10. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@KrzyRiver: @Miss Flamingo: welcome and congrats!!

@petunia354: I had a lot of cramping a couple of weeks ago. It subsided but I was worried at first. Nurse told me it was completely normal and to take Tylenol if I needed.

11. Miss Flamingo

cherry / 133 posts

@csross217: yay!

12. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

May 2016 Mamas
    May 2 – Iluvboba637
    May 3 – Csross217, SSLM, Miss Flamingo, catlady & Littlecasita1122
    May 4- Autumnmama79
    May 5 – Yogirunner & Sharpie
    May 6 – Trailrunner
    May 9 - Xinfinity
    May 14 – Delight & Kelli_elizabeth
    May 16 - Silva & Krzyriver
    May 18 – Moderndayjibarita
    May 19 – My only sunshine & Mamasig
    May 20 – Petunia354

13. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

My ultrasound is in 1.5 hours and I am super nervous!! Word on the street is that the tech will tell me absolutely nothing, so I'm going into it assuming I won't hear anything until maybe even tomorrow. Still hoping I get a nice tech who might slip me a little info...

14. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: thanks for doing the list! That's a lot of May 3 babies!

@sslm: good luck! Do you not have an appointment after the ultrasound or anything?

15. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@TrailRunner: no but my doctor will call me as soon as she hears anything. I don't have an appointment until next week! The system here is insane.

16. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@sslm: They won't even let you hear the heartbeat?! From what I remember, the ultrasound tech pointed out the baby and let us hear the heartbeat for a few seconds. She also mentioned a cyst or something I had. But they schedule it right before my doctor exam every time.

17. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: Thanks for the list. So exciting to see everyone's name

18. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Mamasig: There are some downfalls to free health care :). It seems hit and miss on whether they'll say anything at all. Some people said they told them how far along they were measuring, but some people said they got nothing until their doctor called them. I'm hoping I'm lucky, but I don't want to get my hopes up!

Oh they also won't let anyone come in with me.

ETA: With my DD we were living in another province and it was completely different! The techs were very chatty. This will be my first experience here.

19. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@sslm: that's crazy! I would be screwed bc ultrasounds look like big blobs of nothing to me so I would be on edge until I heard. So, if everything is ok does the doctor not call at all? You just have to wait until your next appointment?

20. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: Thank you for doing this!!

@sslm: Good luck today! What province are you in? I am in BC

21. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: Thanks for making the list!

@sslm: Good luck! I hope you get a chatty tech! That sounds excruciating to not get any details during your appointment!

22. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

Gingerly joining in...I had a CP last month, and I haven't had a confirmation blood test yet (Friday)!

EDD: May 26
    How far along: almost 5 weeks
    First Child: LO will be 3 in December
    First Dr Appt: I go see my family doctor on Friday for a blood test and referral to my OB
    Symptoms: Nauseated in the morning, then fatigue hits in the afternoon/evening. I'd forgotten about that fatigue that makes me want to put my head down on my desk for a nap.
    Who have we told: nobody...DH mentioned last night that it might be fun if we announced on Christmas morning. I was like, um no. I'll be 18 weeks and more than likely showing by then. Plus we're at my parents' for Candian Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks and if I'm throwing up all over the place, then I think they'll figure it out. We'll likely see them many times between Thanksgiving and Christmas too, so I don't think it's going to be possible to hold off till then!

23. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@tinyperson: Congrats!! MY DS will be 3 in December as well And LOL at your husband thinking you can wait until Christmas to tell family! I'm already bursting out of my jeans....these second pregnancies are no joke!

24. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sslm: I hope everything went well. I'm so nervous for mine next week. My doctor put a rush on the results so I can get it quick. I hate that they won't show the screen or give any indication that things are ok. My other early scans have been at the EPAU for previous pregnancies and they show you the screen the whole time.
    I will say a little prayer for you today. Maybe you'll be lucky and get a good tech who will at least tell you things look good.

25. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@sslm: Thinking of you today!

@tinyperson: Welcome and congrats! The idea of waiting until 18 weeks to announce is comical. Even with baby #1, I was showing by 18 weeks. I can't even imagine with baby #2!

26. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@My Only Sunshine: @petunia354: Thanks!

Anyone have any great tips for overcoming fatigue? I just went for a 15 minute walk to try and gain some energy. Staring at a computer screen doesn't help either!

27. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@tinyperson: Welcome, and congrats! If you find a way to beat this fatigue you'll have to let us know... I'm still struggling to stay awake at work in the afternoons!

@sslm: Thinking of you! I hope your tech gives you some information. My first ultrasound is this Friday, and I don't have another appointment scheduled until mid October... My tech is a friend of a friend though, so I'm hoping she'll chat with me a little about what's going on!

28. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

Wow... I didn't realize that an ultrasound tech not discussing what you're seeing was a common thing. In my pregnancy 3 years ago, I had an ultrasound to date the pregnancy, and I was sent to a random Henry Ford location. It was too early to see anything, so I thought that was why the lady didn't talk. She did tell me that I was less than 5 weeks but that was it.

My ultrasound on Thursday is at my doctor's office tho. I've done 2 ultrasounds there before (for testing and monitoring) and the techs have always let me know what was happening when it was happening. So I'm hoping they will on Thursday too. I'm so excited and I'll be very disappointed if they don't even let me see! It never occurred to me that they wouldn't let me. Plus my mother is coming with me since my husband can't be there. I hope they'll let her in....

29. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Autumnmama79: NS!

Ladies - I had a chatty tech!!!! Everything is good! Measured 8w1d with a HB of 174!!! I guess my due date will be May 2

30. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@sslm: That's wonderful! So happy for you.

31. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@sslm: Great news!

32. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@sslm: Yay!

Today I got outed by someone at work as looking "really tired." Thanks, thanks a lot. I honestly can't tell how much my exhaustion is from having a toddler with a cold, being pregnant, or going through caffeine withdrawals.

33. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I just got a new car and was talking to someone at work about it. I was saying how we wanted a bench seat to eventually accommodate a 3rd baby. I meant in the future, but my friend point blank asked me if I was pregnant. I can't lie! So I told her and another good friend that day. She didn't mean any harm and felt bad, but not a big deal. I just asked her to keep it quiet until I told my boss. Honestly, I show relatively early and this being my 3rd baby, I doubt I'll be able to hide it for long. And last pregnancy, I was outed by two separate co workers early too!

34. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I had to come right out and tell my boss. I work in an assisted living home and the job if very physical, so I requested to be moved to a different position that wouldn't require me to lift people by myself. Lol. It sucks though, I would have preferred to keep it quiet.

35. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

I had to tell my bosses and our school secretary when I needed her to order a sub for me when I was placed on bedrest last week. I'll bet others know now too even though I asked all 3 of them two stay hush hush. I had many sympathetic sounding hi, how are you. Hi, how are you feeling when I returned to work today. Or Maybe I'm overanalyzing..

36. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: thank you for making the list.

37. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@My Only Sunshine: my boss point blank asked me about my "health" so I had to tell him. I asked him to keep it a secret, but today he mentioned he would have to tell upper management soon. My husband also got really drunk at a wedding last weekend and told ALL of our friends. I had a feeling that would happen, so we told our parents right before just to be safe.

38. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@sslm: yaaaaay! Great news! Congratulations!

39. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sslm: yeah that is so awesome! I'm so happy for you!

40. nguyening

apple seed / 1 posts

EDD: May 15 (based on my LMP, but I'm fairly irregular so could be inaccurate)
    How far along: 6 weeks, 2 days
    First child? Yes
    First doctor appointment: September 25. Not sure if they'll do an ultrasound or just confirm pregnancy.
    Any symptoms so far? Fatigue, nausea, bloating, frequent urination, mild cramps
    Who have you told? My mom, my husband's best friend and my best friend. We plan on potentially telling my in laws after my first appointment and then my dad as well. My dad is a huge gossip so we're waiting until we can get it confirmed.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee