Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

@petunia354: I really want to be Team Green (we are planning on being one and done) but my husband really wants to find out. Most likely we'll find out and keep it a secret between us

I been having a lot of dreams with twin baby boys!

2. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@petunia354: We're definitely going to find out!

Had my first ultrasound this morning! Baby is measuring 7w6d with a strong heartbeat It's a little earlier than they originally thought based on lmp, but I knew I O'd late in my cycle so it makes sense.

3. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@petunia354: we are still deciding! We found out with DD so we thought maybe it would be fun to be team green this time! But I'm not sure I could do it...

4. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@KrzyRiver: your betas sound great! That's so great to hear!!

@csross217: yay for a good appointment! Was the little gummy bear so cute?!?

5. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@TrailRunner: Haha yes! It's pretty amazing. I bought a big bag of gummy bears last weekend and DH joked that I ate so many that I'm going to give birth to one....

6. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I had a blood test on Friday after more bleeding, and the number was much lower than they'd expect (670). I go again tomorrow. I know there is still a possibility, but at this point I'm trying to accept it and process it as an inevitable loss. Id rather be surprised than get my hopes up. And I combination with the cramping/spotting, it seems like the most likely explanation. (Also, I used opks, so it's highly unlikely that ovulation was delayed- also, we didn't have that much sex that month, and I tested positive on a pregnancy test very early).

Honestly, I never had a "sure" feeling about this pregnancy. I'm most upset about all this "wasted" time of getting fat and feeling crappy, and how it's going to impact all our plans/dreams. I also am feeling sad- I hadn't connected with this pregnancy yet, so I don't feel like I've lost a baby, but I do feel like I have lost this big exciting thing I was looking forward to.
    Finally, I feel scared and worried about the process in general. Hopefully it will be uncomplicated. And I can't shake this feeling that it's the start of lots of troubles for us, but hopefully that's just my pessimism/anxiety.

So, that's my depressing update. I will keep you all posted on Sunday about what we learn from the second blood draw.

7. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Silva: I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything still works out for you.

8. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Silva: sorry to hear this. I really hope it turns out ok.

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Silva:

10. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry to hear this! Thinking of you.

11. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Silva: ah I'm so sorry to hear this. A lot of us have been in your shoes. This is a tough time to go though, waiting for bloods, waiting to hear any news... It's hard to be optimistic I know so I will just say that we are here for you no matter what the outcome is.

12. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@KrzyRiver: I'm glad everything continues to go well with you. Those are great betas! I didn't have another draw after my third was pretty close to doubling. I have a scan this Thursday at what I think will be 7+5. I'm so scared. I hope I get a chatty tech like @sslm: I have a feeling though that they won't show me anything and I'll continue to be in limbo until my doc calls with results.

These first few weeks are so hard! I'm feeling like crap and constipated so I hope that's a good sign that everything is going well. We are undecided about if we will find out the gender. We were team green for LO1 which was super fun. Then we found out by accident with the baby we loss since the amino results said Turner's Syndrome and that is a genetic condition only in girls. I know my DH wants to keep it a surprise this time but I'm so anxious I kind of feel knowing would help me get through this all.

Anyways I hope you ladies are all feeling ok.

13. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry

14. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

Let's just say that having a cold with sinus issues and being pregnant with two toddlers is so not fun. Thank goodness for my mom who is helping. I just want to curl up and sleep which is hard when you have two little ones who have ear infections! Hope everyone else is having a better weekend.

15. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out. Hugs.

16. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry. Thinking of you

17. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@delight: Thanks! I have another scan on Friday. I'll be about 7-8 weeks. I'm hoping I get another chatty tech. I can't imagine not being told anything. That's crazy to me. It did happen once before on a previous pregnancy but I always assumed it was because there was nothing to see because it was way too early.

18. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

EDD: 21 May 2016

How far along: 6 weeks 1 day by lmp

First child? No, this is my third but my fiancé's first. I have a boy and a girl, so we will be team green- which FI will love!

First doctor appointment: We had one after we found out, and did the first lot of bloods. I go back in 2 weeks or so to organise the first ultrasound.

Any symptoms so far? Nausea, extreme fatigue, tender breasts.

Who have you told? My family, FIs mum, one of our closest friends.

19. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Was at the ED this afternoon at the request of my doctor. Ultrasound just showed an empty sac. Given my certainty about my dates, she does not think this is a viable pregnancy. I'm doing another blood test Monday to confirm, and at that point will explore my options. Unless things start naturally before then, I think I will try misoprostal. Hopefully it will be quick and easy. She recommends waiting a full cycle before TTC again, so we will likely follow that. Hopefully we can TTC in November, if Things go somewhat normally.
    Thanks for your thoughts today. I'm honestly feeling okay about things right now. I feel a sense of relief in knowing. And although I felt very sad and depressed last night, I'm not feeling that way today. Just acceptance, and even some optimism about the future. After I eat all the cupcakes and cookies I bought today I can return to focusing on being in a very healthy place for when we TTC next. And my brain is already thinking about what our new timelines/age difference/etc will be like.

I wish you all healthy pregnancies and babies. See you around!

20. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@Silva: So sorry to hear your news but glad to hear that you are coping ok. Enjoy the cupcakes and cookies, I would totally do the same.

21. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@Silva: I'm so so sorry. Enjoy your cupcakes and cookies and I hope you get your rainbow soon.

22. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@Silva: sorry to hear this

23. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Silva: I am so sad to hear this update, but I am glad you have found some sort of peace with the situation. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have your sticky baby soon.

24. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry. I wish you all the best in the future.

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry

26. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry...wishing you the best.

27. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Silva: So very sorry to hear this. You're in my thoughts

28. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

I've been lurking for a while and I'm trying to come out of my shell! Happy to be able to join.

EDD: May 20

How far along: 6 weeks and change

First child?: Yup!

First doctor appointment: Mid October at 8 weeks...can't wait!

Any symptoms so far?:
    Oof, yes. The fatigue is knocking me flat on my feet! And just last week the nausea set in. It's nothing horrendous so far, fortunately, but it's just strong and constant enough to get in my way. Just discovered the wonders of sour hard candy!

Who have you told?:
    Hubby, of course, and immediate family. I'm looking forward to telling a few close friends at work...I teach, and I've been so out of it in the classroom & at meetings lately! Waiting until at least the first appointment though to spill the beans to them.

29. lov2teach

coffee bean / 36 posts

Hi all! Finally accepted that I'm pregnant again, so I wanted to join a group!

EDD: 07 May 2016
    How far along: 8 weeks 2 days
    First child? Third! Our surprise baby. We had lots of issues with conceiving my 2nd so I never thought we would get pregnant without assistance. This babe decided it was meant to be. I have a girl and a boy, so debating on staying team green this time. Not sure if I can wait..:)
    First doctor appointment: At the end of October
    Any symptoms so far? Lots of nausea, no appetite, and zero energy.
    Who have you told? Parents and one close friend. Waiting until 2nd trimester to announce.

30. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@atoz: @lov2teach: congrats and welcome!

31. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry to hear this... my thoughts are with you

32. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@iheartleopardprint: @atoz: @lov2teach: Welcome May mommas!!!

33. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry!!
    @atoz: Welcome and congrats! We're due date twins
    @lov2teach: Welcome!! Team green is SO much fun!!

34. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@atoz: @lov2teach: Congrats and welcome!

We are definitely finding out. I'm also the kind of person who reads the last chapter of a book before I'm finished with it, so team green would be totally against my personality.

35. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

EDD: I haven't had an appt yet, but I think around May 29
    How far along: 5 weeks-ish
    First child? Nope, I have an 18 month VERY active boy
    First doctor appointment: I skipped the bloodtest and have my first u/s 10/14
    Any symptoms so far? I have the fatigue/insomnia combo, that has been awesome. Bloating, cramping. No sore boobs this time though!
    Who have you told? Got hubby before work by putting DS in a "big brother" shirt. Then we facetimed our parents and SIL and BIL that night. Daycare, to put in the application (so awkward when they saw me the next day and congratulated me! Not used to anyone knowing, haha) Oh, and two really close friends. Very different than first time when my OB put the fear of God into me not to tell anyone before 12 weeks. I'm going more with the--who would I want to know if we experienced a loss.

36. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry. I will never understand why these horrible things happen. I'm wishing you a speedy physical recovery and emotional wellness in the coming weeks.

@atoz: @lov2teach: @HazelEyes: Welcome ladies!!

I'm going for my second scan this afternoon and feeling nervous/excited and very distracted at work! I had my first ultrasound at 6.5 weeks and now I'm 8.5, so wondering if the lil guy will look much different!

37. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Autumnmama79: Exciting! I am also going in for my second appointment this week and my first was 6.5 weeks too. I think you are due one day before me - I'm May 5th Looking forward to hearing how it goes! I'm also fascinated to see what will have changed... I'm using a pregnancy app that shows how quickly the little bean progresses and it's kind of crazy what's happening down there right now!

38. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@YogiRunner: The ultrasound went great! The lil bean looks much like it did at 6.5 weeks, just bigger!! Heart rate was 188bpm and he/she is measuring right on track with my dates, which is very reassuring. What day is your scan??

The doc even gave me a bunch of pics to take home! So sweet.

39. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@Autumnmama79: Congrats on your scan, that is great!

I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow morning. Sadly, no u/s for me again until mid October, and I doubt they'd try the Doppler so early, so I think this appt will be pretty boring. It will be good to meet my new midwife though.

40. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@Autumnmama79: Glad to hear it went well! I love when they print pictures

My scan is on 10/19, I'm way more zen about it than I was with my first. I'm super excited for it but not necessarily counting down the days.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee