Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@catlady: Sometimes in these early days, uneventful isn't so bad either. Enjoy meeting your midwife! I'm debating going with one this time around too.

@petunia354: Great that you're feeling relaxed this time, it will be a nice surprise when it does roll around

2. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@Autumnmama79: I really liked having a midwife last time! I use a midwife/nurse in a hospital setting so I feel like I get the best of both worlds. I've never used an OB so I'm not really sure how different it is, but I felt like my midwife was pretty lowkey (for ex. she never discussed my weight, or how big I was measuring other than to say "looks good", and I didn't have to have any pelvic exams or anything internal after the first appt, if I recall correctly).

3. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Autumnmama79: yay for a good second scan!

4. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Autumnmama79: Awesome! I go on Thursday

5. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

How is everyone feeling? I'm almost 9 weeks and admittedly feeling pretty awful... nausea/vomiting is getting worse and everything smells awful to me which of course triggers the gagging. Plus I'm getting sick on top of it (sore throat, headache, cough, the works) so I'm a reaaaal joy to be around these days.

6. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Autumnmama79: Yay! So glad your second scan went well.

My first scan is Monday and I'll be 7 weeks 4 days. It's an early scan because I had a loss in March. I am SO anxious. My first scan last pregnancy is how I found out the baby wasn't growing. Just trying to be optimistic for now.

@YogiRunner: I'm feeling kind of terrible too! That's supposed to be a good sign for the baby though, so that's good. I have queasy stomach all day long and I'm still so tired. Also, my husband has a man cold so lord help us all.

7. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

Hi Ladies, I haven't been super active on the boards lately but I think I'm finally accepting that this is real, so...

EDD: may 7

How far along: 8 weeks or so

First child? third

First doctor appointment: Yesterday. Saw a heartbeat which was reassuring. This will be my first experience in the US and so far I um…really don't like it. Everything was so unpersonalized. I think I'm going to look for a tiny practice so maybe that will help.

Any symptoms so far? All day nausea and fatigue. This time has been the worst. And then I also feel guilty that DH has had to pick up some of the slack since I've been useless.

Who have you told? Nobody but I think we will tell our parents sometime this week. Also need to tell the 4 and 2 year olds but not sure when to do that. So far they have not asked any questions even when I've had some weird requests, but on the other hand they've been pretty clingy so I think subconsciously they know...

8. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: Welcome! So funny you say your kids subconsciously know. My 2 year old has been putting stuffed animals in her shirt and walking around saying "My baby, my baby." She won't explain why she's doing it. We haven't said anything to her about me being pregnant or having a baby but we're thinking she must have overheard us when we thought she wasn't paying attention.

9. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Autumnmama79: Glad to hear that your second scan went well!!

@YogiRunner: I'm feeling about the same, still really tired but can't sleep, breaking out like crazy, etc. Oh, and it turns out I'm allergic to the cocoa butter I've been putting on my tummy and boobs, and now I have a lovely itchy rash!!

I'm really lucky though in that I haven't had much at all in the way of morning sickness. Nothing sounds appetizing and I get a bit queasy if I haven't eaten in a while, but that's about it. I know it could be a lot worse!! My mom wasn't sick with me or my brother though, so maybe it's hereditary?

@Baby Boy Mom: Welcome!

10. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm feeling sort of ok although my morning sickness comes and goes. It is ironically much worse in the evening (always right around dinner time), and weeks 5 and 6 were the worst for me. These days I tend to just gag alot (especially around food smells) and sometimes get pretty queasy but mostly I'm just super hungry all the time and if I eat, I can hold off the nausea. I've gained quite a bit already though.

@Baby Boy Mom: Welcome! I swear my 2 year old subconsciously knows too.

11. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@My Only Sunshine: That is so cute! They're too smart for our own good the little ones.

@csross217: Thank you!

12. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@catlady: Thanks!

13. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: welcome!

I've been quiet lately because I guess I have HG I'm feeling awful. I'm a few days in to taking diclectin which is stopping the vomiting but I still feel nauseous 24 hours a day. It's hell.

14. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

I'm nauseous 24/7 too but no vomit yet. Fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx that. LOL. In addition to the nausea I apparently have a fever and chills from the flu but no nasal symptoms. So I'm absolutely miserable here but not complaining. I've wanted this baby for too long. Not gonna complain about anything. I'd trade all this misery for a healthy baby!

15. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: welcome and congrats!

@catlady: I'm the same. The only way I don't feel sick is when I'm eating. Some days I throw up a couple times and others it is 10+ times. I just weighed myself today and was shocked how quickly I put on a couple of pounds. I keep promising myself I'll get back to exercising once the nausea/vomiting passes. Until then no more chickfila!!

16. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@sslm: ugh I'm taking that too. The first day I took it I was like this ish is amazing!! But yeah, that was super short lived. The vomiting came back with a vengeance two days later! I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. Hopefully this passes quickly for you.

17. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@TrailRunner: thank you!
    @sslm: thanks! I'm sorry you feel so sick! First tri is so hard.

Everything smells so revolting. Tonight I had to be in the bedroom with the door closed while DH fed the kids dinner. I've actually lost weight which makes me somewhat worried but hopefully a few more weeks and things turn around.

18. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

For those ladies who are vomiting and even worse have the HG, I really feel for you. I have nausea which lasts basically all day and I feel totally miserable. I cannot cook or prepare food, we've eaten out every single day for the past 2 weeks. Even grocery shopping is a no-go for me these days. Making DD's lunch is the only food prep I can manage and thats because I have to! Sometimes I wish I'd vomit and then maybe I'd feel better. I think a certain food is going to make me feel better and then as soon as I'm finished eating it, boom, I feel sick again.

Ok, I had to get it out but I'm going to stop complaining now because I am so thankful to be pregnant and have these symptoms that remind me a little baby is growing and taking over my body in there

19. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

Tomorrow's my first ultrasound (I'm 9 weeks now) and I think we're going to tell my LO this weekend that he's going to be a big brother! Anyone have ideas for doing something cute? He's a little over 3, so I think he'll get the concept somewhat...or maybe not haha

20. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Autumnmama79: we haven't eaten thing home cooked in 3-4 weeks. Oh well, this will pass soon. If it makes you feel better vomiting does not help. There is no relief for me other than eating. (Bonus points if it is fried or macaroni and cheese ) It will pass before we know it!

@littlecasita1122: good luck with your appointment tomorrow!!

21. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@littlecasita1122: good luck tomorrow. I have my first ultrasound tomorrow too.
    @Autumnmama79: I have all day nausea too and it's wearing on me. I don't like complaining either so I bite my tongue and try not to let DH know how I am feeling.
    @sslm: Oh man mama. Yours sounds way worse than me so I really shouldn't complain. I hope your HG is short lived. Or is that something that can last a whole pregnancy?!

I feel like I haven't been participating much yet in our board but I'm super nervous after our loss. After we see a heart beat tomorrow I'll be a much better participant!

22. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@delight: good luck today!

23. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@littlecasita1122: @delight: Thinking of you ladies today!

Today is the first day where I feel like I really can't get my nausea under control at work. I'm chewing gum and sipping on water but I still keep having to run to the restroom thinking I might get sick. No one knows I'm pregnant and I'd like to keep it that way for a few more weeks, but barfing in the bathroom isn't really helping my cause.

24. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

Does anyone have pelvic/hip pain? It came on yesterday out of nowhere, and nothing is helping it. It's this dull, achey pain. Doesn't feel like cramps or RLP. It feels like the pain I had at the end of my last pregnancy, but I'm only 9 weeks! I hope it doesn't continue the whole pregnancy...

25. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@littlecasita1122: @delight: Good luck today!

I'm feeling very fortunate that I don't have morning sickness. But is anyone starving all day long? I wake up so hungry. I think I need more protein in the AM. If I don't eat then I feel kinda weak.

I'm also tired already of this in between stage. Regular clothes are starting not to fit but I can't rally bust out all the maternity clothes yet - especially since I haven't told work. I just feel fat and frumpy.

26. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@sharpie: I had pelvic pain but it was a strong crampy pulling tugging pain rather than a dull achey pain. Dr said to just stay off my feet and Tylenol if needed. It went away after a day or so then came back here and there for a day. Hope you get some relief soon.

27. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@littlecasita1122: @delight: Good luck today!!

@Mamasig: I have the same problem, I'm always starving! And it's very frustrating - I don't have morning sickness, but nothing sounds good to eat. Or, it'll sound good at first, and by the time I cook it I don't want to eat it anymore lol

28. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@csross217: I've had some nausea, but nothing like some people have it (I'm only 6 weeks though and I think it hit me later with my daughter).

I'm not starving all the time, but nothing appeals to me. I have no aversions, I just feel "meh" about most things. Including ice cream - which, if you know me, is weird

29. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I'm sorry! I hope it gets better for you!

@sharpie: no pelvic pain for me, but I hope you find relief soon!

@Mamasig: I def feel fat and frumpy too, but mine is bc I have eaten too much chickfila and the bloat I get at night. I'm sorry you are having a hard time finding clothes to wear. Im fortunate I work at home most days, so I can get away with PJ pants more often!

30. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@TrailRunner: work clothes are what is getting to me! I'm waiting until after my appointment to say anything and that's next week. But it's so hard to find things to wear. On the weekend, I'm all about just letting my bloated belly stick out.

31. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@littlecasita1122: @delight: Yay for ultrasounds, good luck! And me three, my 9 week appointment is later today.

@sslm: aw man I'm sorry. Hoping it eases up for you soon.

@My Only Sunshine: that is the worst. I honestly have no idea how people keep it from work the full 12 weeks. Luckily my actual barfing has been limited to before work, and my head cold is covering up the real reason I'm exhausted, but how does everyone else do it!? Hope it gets better soon for you. Have you tried sea bands?

@tinyperson: oh man, same with the ice cream. I am normally a total ice cream monster, but it just sounds blah to me. I'm sure it won't last

32. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sharpie: my friend has a ton of pelvic pain and finds she gets a lot of relief from weekly chiropractor visits. This pregnancy she started it earlier and she's handling it better than last time. It might be worth making an appointment.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies. My appointment isn't til 430. Just trying to make it through the work day! I'll update tonight.

33. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@YogiRunner: good luck today to you too. I hope we all have great news to share!

34. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@YogiRunner: good luck to you today too! I vomit a lot at work. The place I work is really huge, and my agency only has a couple females so I never see them in my "vomit bathroom". I just tell strangers if they ask bc it's better than them approaching me about a eating disorder. *shrugs* I tried seabands, but didn't find them particularly helpful.

35. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

I've gotta stop reading "Humans of New York" posts...they're focusing on the stories of Syrian refugees.

On top of that, this week a drunk driver killed 3 little kids (9, 5, and 2) and their grandfather in an accident. A mom lost all of her kids and her father in a moment. http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/09/28/3-children-1-man-killed-in-vaughan-crash.html

I've gotta stop reading these things at work. They're overwhelming me.

36. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@YogiRunner: @littlecasita1122: @delight: Good luck girls!! I hope you're not feeling too nervous and look forward to hearing the updates

37. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Unfortunately they could not find anything other than the sac on my scan today. They did abdominal and TV. I'm 7+5 and sure of my dates so I'm pretty sure I'm out.

38. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@delight: sorry to hear that. 😢

39. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@delight: Sorry mama. Big hugs to you and your DH. Hopefully you can enjoy some extra snuggles with Lo1 tonight

40. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@delight: I am so so sorry!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee