Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: Oh that sounds stressful. I hope that you're able to find someone that you're comfortable with to look after them!

2. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@YogiRunner: @tinyperson: Same here! Definitely not in a rush for baby to make her appearance, though I've been feeling pretty crappy for the last few days... moving around is just so hard, constant backache, exhausted from getting up 6-7 times a night to pee... even so, I'd rather she wait a couple more weeks!

3. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

Two days shy of 36 weeks and I'm alternating minute by minute from "Get this baby out of me NOW" to "Stay in there, baby."

I was born at 36 weeks so this feels like the week to do the last minute stuff like pack the hospital bag and make some food for the freezer.

4. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

It's in the 80s here today (which might as well be the 90s for me right since I'm so huge), and I have nothing to wear. I am squeezing into a prepregnancy maxi dress and throwing a sweater over it since it stretches so much that my bra shows around the arms. I am def not ready for baby to be here bc I have a hair appt next weekend (haha don't judge my reasons), so I need him to hang tight two more weeks, but WHAT am I going to wear these next to weeks??

5. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@TrailRunner: So I had the same issue, it wasn't quite that hot but in the 70's yesterday and I'm sure we'll have warm days coming up. Yesterday I hoisted up my preggo leggings to make them more like capris but it wasn't a great solution! And I have the tee shirts i wear to bed that generally cover the belly. But nothing fashionable When i was in FL for our babymoon I bought a super cheap maxi skirt from Target that was really comfy and fit over the bump. Might be worth a try?

6. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

Hey ladies! Just caught up on everyone's postings...those of you who want your baby to stay in longer...I admire you! I want him out NOW! I'm so so over being uncomfortable and I can barely breathe bc my nose is completely congested. I just started taking evening primrose oil every day to try and move my body along. I have an appt Friday morning to see if I'm anymore dilated or effaced than last week😁

@Trailrunner: LOL! You sound exactly like me! It's in the 90s here all week and I am so over wearing clothes! I sleep naked! 😂

7. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@YogiRunner: I did actually get one summery dress from target about a month ago. I def get my money's worth out of it!

@fitfigure87: oh yeah, I def don't wear anything to bed other than a bra for my leaky boobs and some underwear. I swear I sweat my ass off all night while my husband is like shivering.

Ladies...I sneezed at the grocery store this evening and peed my pants. Thank goodness I was wearing a long dress and my eyes got really big and told my husband that I would be right back and hobbled to the bathroom with pee running down my legs. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

8. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Yes to the hot weather clothing problems! Its lovely and unusually warm here too. I bought a maxi dress last week that'll have to do - I'm so over buying clothes for my giant preggo body! I'm already planning and shopping for some wardrobe refreshers for AFTER baby is here. Its kinda tough cause I'm not sure what my body will actually look like after giving birth... My safe bets so far are new leggings, tanks, thin & long cardigans and button up shirts. I just remember after DD longing to feel like my old self again and getting out of maternity clothes was a big part of that!

38 week check up today. All looks good!

9. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@TrailRunner: Eeps to the peeing! Motherhood is oh so glamorous

10. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@TrailRunner: OMG! Isn't it crazy how big of a deal sneezing is? I have to stop whatever it is I'm doing so I don't pee or anything, and it kinda hurts too! I have also been leaking at night ever since I used my breast pump, and I am also crazy hot and sweaty. When I get up at night to pee sometimes I have to stop and think, wait, did I pee in bed, did my water break, or is that sweat?!? Soooo attractive.

My discharge (sorry, TMI) has an increased watery aspect to it, I was worried I may be leaking amniotic fluid so I may have my OB do a check on that at my 38 wk appt tomorrow. I'm hoping she will find my cervix favorable for induction Tuesday Keep your fingers crossed for me!

And thanks ladies, it is so amazing having this group to vent to and run things by!

11. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Autumnmama79: Yippee for a good check up!!! And I just went to Kohls for that post-baby wardrobe refresher you are talking about. Got a nice cotton robe, a couple of spaghetti strap tanks to wear with nursing bras under regular shirts, 2 button downs, a couple of light cotton shirts, 2 leggings, a couple of pajama shorts, a couple nursing tanks, and 3 nursing bras. I held off on non-legging pants/shorts because I have no idea what size I will be sporting. I am now a little worried (after I washed everything of course) that I should have waited on the bras because who knows what size I will be! Oh well.

12. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@TrailRunner: Hahaha, gotta love the public pee sneeze!

13. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@fitfigure87: I am also one of those who would love baby to head on out! Good luck at your appointment Friday! I hope everything is looking favorable for you!!

14. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@TrailRunner: Sneezing/coughing are such scary things now! DH thinks it's just hilarious that I have to squeeze my legs together when I sneeze....

Had a checkup this morning - I'm 1 cm dilated but not thinned out at all. Apparently my doctor stripped my membranes too while he was up there... we were chatting after the exam, and he was like "Oh, by the way, I stripped your membranes." I kind of wish he would have asked first!

15. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@csross217: Did it hurt like mad when you got your cervical check? It felt like she was trying to get her entire arm up there! And she still didn't get a good feel! I decided I need to find an ob with long skinny fingers.

16. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@rockinghorse: It was pretty uncomfortable! I had a check at my last appointment too and that doctor (there are 4 at my practice) was a lot gentler! This one had shorter fingers or something so it wasn't pleasant lol

17. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@rockinghorse: Great after baby clothing stash! It'll be so nice to have things on hand and not have to drag baby out to the mall.

@csross217: Yay for 1cm, only 9 more to go!! And yes, dr really should've asked before doing the sweep. I find cervical checks incredibly painful

Off to buy some nipple cream today and a few more items for the gift basket that new baby will give to DD. A top she's had her eye on, a pretend coffee maker and hopefully a couple other things.

18. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Baby girl is on her way! Labored until 7cm and just got my epidural. Can't believe it's really happening!!

19. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@csross217: omg omg so exciting!!! Congrats on making it to 7 before the epi - awesome job mama! Did your water break at home?

20. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Autumnmama79: No they broke it here after I got the epi. The epi is soooo great lol

21. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@csross217: how did labour start?! Contractions?! I'm on the edge of my seat!

22. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@csross217: wow!!! So exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear about baby girl's arrival ❤

23. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

I am just finishing up my first week of maternity leave

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. No real news, I won't have any cervical checks until at least my due date, but baby is low and in a good position, so yay! DD had her 3rd birthday yesterday so baby can feel free to arrive anytime now, although I'm still hoping for a May baby

24. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Baby E is here! Born at 11:32 am, 7 lbs, 19.5 inches.

Labor went really smoothly. I started feeling minor contractions at about 7pm last night, was able to sleep until 1:45 am when they started getting more intense. Went to the hospital at 5:30 and was 4 cm, labored for another few hours and got my epi at 8cm. Within another 2 hours I was complete and ready to push! 6 or 7 good contractions and she was out. Just a few stitches. We're both tired but she's nursing like a champ already! So in love

25. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

Just had my 36 week appointment.

Since I was already undressed and in stirrups for the Strep test, I requested a cervical check. Baby is head down and way low, I'm at 1cm and cervix is soft but still thick.

@csross217: Congratulations! I'm glad it all went so well.

26. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@csross217: congrats mom! What a lovely birth story, thanks for sharing and enjoy those fresh baby snuggles

27. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@csross217: congrats!!!

28. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@csross217: Oh my goodness!!! Wow! Congratulations, mom! Sounds like it all went pretty smoothly... Enjoy those newborn snuggles!!!

29. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

My 38 week appointment was today and no change since last week... but she said it could all still happen really fast. So just trying to get as much done around the house and sitting tight. Oh and got another ultrasound today, got the sweetest shot of baby's chubby cheeks and sleepy eyes. I'm in love with an ultrasound picture

30. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@csross217: oh wow!! Congrats!!! I'm happy to hear things went so smoothly for you!!

@YogiRunner: no change from last week for me either. I know I keep saying that I don't want him to come early, but they will induce if I go past my due date and I really don't want to be induced so, now, I'm torn if I'm happy or not about no change!

We had a scare yesterday at our appt. I've noticed that baby really doesn't move much these days so we went in for some testing and he would not move...even after they used a noise machine to wake him up. He would just do a tiny kick and wouldn't practice breathing. He finally started his practicing breathing tho and they let me go...turns out my baby is super lazy!!

31. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@sharpie: congrats on your baby!

Trying to play catch up on the board. hehe

32. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@iluvboba637: congrats! how are you and the baby doing?

I'm trying to catch up on the board feed. haha

33. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@TrailRunner: I feel you! I been sweating like crazy at night. My husband keeps complaining he is cold.

Ugh the sneezing and peeing part is the worst! When I had my cold every time I cough I had a little pee even though I just went to the bathroom. So annoying. I had to wear a light day pad just so I don't go through my stash of underwear so fast. haha

34. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@rockinghorse: ugh when I had the cervical check when I was in the hospital I yelled at the ob dr (wasn't my regular ob) saying OMG did you put your whole arm in there?!? Ahhh get out!!!

35. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@csross217: Congrats on baby E!

36. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

Well, I fell on the road today. I was walking with my 3yo to church (DH was driving cause he had a baby gate to give to some friends). DD tripped and as I was steadying her I went down, right on my face. Cracked my glasses, scraped my hands and put a big gouge above my lip. In L&D since being monitored....don't think I fell on my belly, and everything's been fine so far. Just waiting to hear what they want todo to fix my lip. I'm going to have a lovely scar 😢 -- but thankful baby's ok and DD wasn't hurt!

37. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@tinyperson: oh no!!! That sounds awful. Keep us posted!!

38. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@sslm: got out of L&D a little while ago and now I'm in ER getting the cut assessed. Doesn't look like I'll need stitches but I'll have a scar. Have to get tetanus shot too. Sigh.

39. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@tinyperson: glad baby is ok and not needing stitches is great!! Hopefully you can minimize scarring by using some polysporin and stuff? Can't hurt!

40. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@tinyperson: oh mama! So scary. I'm glad baby is good and that you won't need stitches. Hope your scar is minimal once it's all healed. Hugs!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee