Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@sslm: no glue no stitches - he's recommending polysporin a few times a day, so that's good. I've got iodine on my face though. 😊 I think I'll work at home tomorrow and not scare the office.

2. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@tinyperson: oh man! I'm glad everything is ok! That fall sounds nasty. Falling has become a big fear of mine within the last week. I hope your wound heals nicely and scarring is minimal.

3. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@tinyperson: Oh man! Glad you're ok. Hope your cut heals quickly! You have enough going on right now!

4. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@tinyperson: Ugh I'm sorry to hear that, must have been scary! Hoping you heal up nice and quick.

5. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@TrailRunner: @My Only Sunshine: @YogiRunner: Thanks - I'm still pretty swollen and achey today, but I'm hopeful the swelling goes down soon!

6. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

I think I officially went from wanting the baby to stay in there a few more days to getting antsy for some signs of labor! I am crazy... still a week and a half from my due date! Must let go of the notion I have any control over this... And for some reason I still do want a May baby, so that's still another week. Time to keep myself busy...

7. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm only 36 weeks 4 days and am ready for little man to get here!

My husband and two year old both had the stomach flu this weekend. I went from thinking we could get some things checked off the to-do list and have some family time to being the solo parent of a puking toddler while my husband stayed in bed all weekend. Luckily I somehow avoided getting it and they both seem to be on the mend. Time to get back to that to-do list!

8. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@tinyperson: hope your lip is feeling better today - poor mama!

@YogiRunner: I'm still firmly on team stay inside but I'm also anxiously over analyzing every ache a bit of pressure that I feel. What've you got planned to keep busy today?

@My Only Sunshine: sorry to hear about your sicky weekend! Better now than when your newborn is here. Sounds rough though. What's left on your to-do list?

Sitting tight here at 38+6. Trying to soak up every last minute as a mum of one and cherishing this time with DD. She lost her first tooth on the weekend, such a happy milestone for her! I wish I could say I'm enjoying some time with DH too but I'm feeling sad and frustrated that we cannot agree on a boys name I have a gut feeling that baby is a boy and the poor thing doesn't have a name!

9. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

Well guys.... I had a busy weekend. Baby J was born at 12:13 am on Sunday!!!

So the story is, Friday at work I noticed some increased watery discharge in my panty liner, and when calling the OB's office towards the end of the day, the RN wanted me to go get checked out at L&D. I work at the hospital I delivered at, so I headed out of work a bit early to see what was up. Turned out not to be amniotic fluid, but my BP's were slightly elevated and I had a small amount of protein in my urine. Since I was 38+4 they decided it was just time to go.

Got a couple of Cervadil doses overnight Friday, then a foley balloon and pitocin started around 10ish Saturday morning with some Fentanyl thrown in for pain relief. My nurse did the hourly foley tugs (yuck), and around 4pm it didn't hurt too much so she pulled a little harder, and POP (OUCH) it came out and I was at 6 cm.

Hubby and I went for a walk around the unit, and within a half hour the contractions became crazy intense from her head suddenly being able to push on my cervix now that the balloon was out. Epidural here I come!!!

I rested for a few hours with the epi in, then later in the evening the pressure down below got crazy intense. The anesthesiologist said if he gave me anymore I wouldn't be able to feel how to push. Oh boy. I got pretty frantic at the end, with the "there is no way I can do this" and "I think I'm going to die" and "someone else needs to get her out" thoughts. My nurse was amazing with the pep talks and got me to just focus on letting the contractions happen, and at 10 pm, I was able to start pushing which helped a lot in the beginning. After 2 hours of pushing, lots of swearing, lots of pep talks, the resident decided I was almost there and grabbed the attending. The attending came in and pinched my perineum (I said "ouch") and she was like, "get anesthesia in here, she can feel everything!". Really? No one else could tell this?!? Anyways, they say "don't push" because they have to set up all the birth stuff, I'm swearing like a sailor, and I think maybe three contractions later I pushed her out. This was, BTW, before anesthesia got the meds in. I could not stop the pushing, I needed to be done. Man, it is exhausting!

So Baby J is a healthy 8 lb 3 oz 20.5 inch little girl, and she is so adorable! I'm so glad she is here!

10. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@rockinghorse: congratulations mama!!! You did it hope you're enjoying lots of cuddles and snuggles. Great job!

11. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@rockinghorse: congratulations!

12. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@rockinghorse: congrats!!!!

13. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@rockinghorse: congrats!!!

14. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@rockinghorse: congrats!! I'm so happy for you!

15. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@rockinghorse: congrats

16. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@csross217: congrats on your baby!! So glad it went well for you! I am begging my dr for a sweep this Thursday at 38 weeks...sounds like yours worked within 24 hours!

@rockinghorse: congratulations!! My eyes kind of went huge when I read your story of being able to feel everything😱 I hope I feel nothing 😂

17. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@rockinghorse: Congrats!!!!

18. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

So we've been home with Baby E for 2 days now! Things are going pretty well. We took her in yesterday for her checkup and we thought she was looking a little jaundiced, but luckily all was well and she had gained back 2 ounces! My milk came in yesterday, and holy engorgement, so painful... It was making it really hard for her to latch so we had a visit with the lactation consultant who suggested pumping just a bit before feeding to soften things up. It seems to be working pretty well. She definitely has her days and nights mixed up right now which is exhausting, but hopefully that will get better.

Any tips for engorgement and getting her on a good day/night schedule would be appreciated!

19. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@csross217: yay for baby gaining the two ounces and your milk coming in - good milestones!

As far as engorgement goes, I remember hand expressing a bit in a hot shower or bath, just for some relief. For days and nights, I made a point of putting DD in proper clothes when we woke up for the day and then in a sleeper at night time. Plus I started a night time routine within the first week after she was born. Bath, jammies, breastfeed, story, bed. These things helped her understand the shape of day and night, predictable routines, etc.

Sounds like you're doing a great job mama!!

20. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@rockinghorse: congrats! This probably sounds funny but I was actually thinking about you this weekend. Glad everything went well!

@csross217: wake the baby every two hours during the day to feed. I only did this with my second one and it made a huge, huge difference! Days will be flipped very quickly, and it's good for establishing BF!

21. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@rockinghorse: congrats to you!!

@csross217: thanks for the "at home" update, glad Baby E is doing well! And good to know what we other FTMs might expect

AFM, uneventful day till about 90 min ago. Contractions started, mild and short but frequent. They're kind of all over the place now (from 2 min to 8 min apart, a few times a full 20 min). I was cooking dinner and got really uncomfortable so asked DH to finish so I could lie down. They're only lasting 30 seconds and not that strong, but I'm on alert!

22. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

Had my 38 wk appt. everything good but I'm getting anxious to get the party started! did tons of online shopping the past few days and a little freezer cooking. The only big item left on my list is a name... Meanwhile we are halfway through spring break. DH has majorly stepped up so I can rest and overall it has been ok.

23. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@YogiRunner: woot! Here you go mama!!! Keep us posted

24. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@YogiRunner: ahhh! Exciting! Rooting for you!

25. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: we don't have a name either

Glad to hear DH has stepped up!

26. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: we don't have a solid name either!

27. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@YogiRunner: good luck!!! Can't wait to see an update!!

28. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@csross217: glad to hear everything is going well!

@YogiRunner: exciting!! Good luck and can't wait to hear!!

@Baby Boy Mom: glad to hear you are doing well! I have my 38 week appt on Thursday (which is really like 39 weeks since I'll be 38+6, but I am excited to hear if I have made any progress.

29. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@csross217: So happy to read your update! To get my daughter's days and nights switched around, we woke her every 2 hours to eat during the day and kept her downstairs in the bright living room during the day. I would also take her outside a few times a day. And then at night we'd keep the lights really low even if she was up. I read somewhere it's supposed to help set their circadian rhythm.

30. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: No name here either! We have a short list but let's just say our favorites don't overlap. Hoping that after actually birthing the child I get a little more influence over the final decision.

And no real update to share over here. Contractions tapered off last night and I'm back to normal this morning. It was exciting for a few hours there though! This kid likes to keep me on my toes!

31. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@YogiRunner: aw man I was expecting a birth story!

32. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@YogiRunner: oh no!!! Bummer!!!!!

33. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@YogiRunner: good practice for the big show at least!! it won't be long now!

34. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Getting my hair done today! I've done all the prep I possibly can for baby and DD is at school so I figure I should get it done while I still have time. Other than that, just working on the gift basket to give DD at the hospital as a gift to her from baby. Will post a pic when it's done!

35. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@Autumnmama79: Ooh, that reminds me that I need to book my appointment.

36. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@YogiRunner: I got excited when I was reading down the thread! I thought we would get another birth story!

Thanks everyone for the congrats! Being a FTM is no joke! My hubby has been so, so good though. I had one breakdown yesterday when he was at the gym because I couldn't get her to stop crying (still not sure what finally did it), and my hormones are going wild! I'm worried now because he is going back to work tomorrow.

Went for our checkup today, she was low risk jaundice at the hospital, and today she is intermediate risk (and can I just say having your baby's blood drawn is the worst). Now we are waiting for the call from the home health company for a bili-blanket, and we have to go back in tomorrow for a re-check (with no hubby ), so more labs. Bleh.

37. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Autumnmama79: @tinyperson: @YogiRunner: I'm glad to be in good company. DH says we have a shortlist so it's fine, but I just want to have the feeling of the perfect name and I'm not sure yet.

@TrailRunner: Awesome! We are on the same schedule. I'm crazy though and won't have any checks before labor- don't want to get my hopes up. LOL!

@YogiRunner: Bummer! But at least you know you're getting close!!!

@Autumnmama79: Thanks for the reminder! What's in your gift basket??? I need to do that for the boys too...adding to the to do list..

@rockinghorse: I hope you see this soon...try today undressing the baby and keeping her next to a sunny window. You can take turns with your DH so that you're by the window while feeding, and he can hold her while napping. This natural sunlight treatment is what finally cleared up my LO's jaundice, and once we took it seriously it was just a day or two and we were good! Hang in there- hormones the first two weeks are nutty!

38. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Autumnmama79: @sslm: @TrailRunner: @rockinghorse: @Baby Boy Mom: I know, such an anticlimactic end to the story! Hopefully it's a sign that things are moving!? Birth story will come within the week I'm sure (I hope)

39. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: Thanks! Just placed her strategically in front of the window!!! It's really overcast today, but it is better than nothing!

40. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@tinyperson: did you book your appt?! I really enjoyed my cut and blowout yesterday

@rockinghorse: sorry about the jaundice stuff. DD had it too and had to be under the lights for 24 hrs in hospital - it nearly killed me. She screamed and cried the whole time. How did today's check go?

@Baby Boy Mom: in the basket I put a new backpack, 2 outfits for her American girl doll, a terrarium flower growing kit, cute macaron socks, water bottle, journal & pens and film for her camera.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee