Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@YogiRunner: no contractions but baby is very low and I have had back pain for past couple hours and feeling pressure down there. Baby is still moving lots so that's keeping me smiling are you having any feelings?

@Baby Boy Mom: nice of DH to take the kids out. I feel bad that I can't be as fun with DD right now! Aww sorry you're feelings emotional - there's so much anticipation for us right now hey? I'm starting to get the calls, and DH too.

We're heading out to my twin nephews 5th bday so lots of family and questions abound I'm sure!

2. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Autumnmama79: Pressure is good! Cat/cow can help with back pain...I've been managing it that way for a couple weeks now.
    I think the calls are just compounding the frustration I'm already feeling. I guess I can't blame them for being excited but ugh!

3. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

For everybody trying to encourage baby to make an appearance I recommend DTD as your #1 option. My dd1 was born the day before her due date so I'm going for the same thing this time and dh isn't complaining. The semen ripens your cervix, orgasm causes contractions and nipple stimulation releases natural pitocin in your body. 3 for the price of 1

And congrats to you ladies who have already welcomed your sweet babes! So exciting.

4. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: I hear you on calls and texts from family! My MIL is going out of town next weekend and asked me "Could you ask your doctor if the baby is going to come early?" Ahhh the doctor isn't a fortune teller!!

Happy May mamas!!

5. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

Water broke about 3 hours ago! At the hospital now. Contractions are really close together but not crazy itense. So thinking maybe it'll be a while!!!!

6. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@sslm: Yay! Good luck mama!

7. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@sslm: woot!! You're on your way mama keep us posted!!

8. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@sslm: awesome! Good luck!

I am so happy it's Monday! Back to the routine!

@My Only Sunshine: my mom just texted that she wants to come early. I'm trying to figure out a polite way to say absolutely not.

9. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hi everyone. Happy baby month! Eek!

I've been trying to keep up--I can't believe we already have some babies!

As for me, I think she dropped a few days ago, so I"m feeling a bit better. Not as out of breath. Hubby had his last pre-baby hurrah Saturday night and went to a baseball game/visited buddies so after being a solo parent for the night I think I overdid it yesterday making a few freezer meals, laundry, Target, grocery shopping during nap when I should have rested. I started getting all hot and uncomfortable when I sat down for dinner. I had to go lay down for an hour. I"m actually kind of sore today, like I worked out. Really? All I did is walk and stand. Sigh. I'm ready for my body back.

10. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@sslm: good luck !!!

11. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@sslm: Praying your labor is smooth! Let us know!

12. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@HazelEyes: lol! I know how you feel! My legs are always sore like I do a leg workout every day! So sad! I just told my husband yesterday I couldn't wait to get my body back too...so over being pregnant and won't miss it ONE BIT 😂

13. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

Just booked newborn photographer! The photographer we used with DD isn't doing newborns anymore, but I've found someone I think will be great, and she's doing discounts right now because her website is down (being upgraded)!

Now if I could get the more important things on my to-do list taken care of...we'd be all set.

14. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@HazelEyes: wow you got a lot done!! You'll be thanking yourself later!

@tinyperson: yay! Feels good to check something else off the list right?! Even if it's something easy

No school for DD today so we're having a special mommy daughter day! Went swimming this morning, going to get our hair blown out and styled then to high tea and finally to the aquarium - excited about what could be our last day without a sibling... Tomorrow is my due date eek!!

15. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@tinyperson: At how old are you going to do the pics?

16. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@rockinghorse: either 7 or 10 (she'll be born on a Friday, so either the next Friday or Monday)

17. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

Sooooo guys. Baby GIRL arrived today around 2pm!!! lol. Huge surprise!!!!!! Juliet Grace was born at 1:58pm after a 14 hour intense labour. She's a whopping 9lbs 8oz and 22 inches long!!!!!!

18. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@sslm: congrats! Beautiful name!

19. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@sslm: wow, you were expecting a boy, right? That is crazy! Congrats!

20. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@sslm: congrats!! Can't wait t hear the full story

21. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@sharpie: yup! Was supposed to be a boy! We are thrilled to have a second girl though

22. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

So I'm currently hanging out at the hospital, being induced! Fluids were just too low so we went for it. Got Pitocin around 1, worked like a charm, asked for the epidural at about 6. Just couldn't stand the idea of hours more of that pain. It was a god send. Let me rest and get to a positive place. Currently 5 cm waiting waiting waiting...

23. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@sslm: wow! Congrats!! Can't wait to hear your story.

24. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@sslm: congrats!! I'm so happy for you!!

@YogiRunner: good luck!! I hope it goes smooth and quick! (But not too quickly!!)

25. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@sslm: congrats!

@YogiRunner: good luck!!

26. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@sslm: Congrats!!! What a crazy surprise!

@YogiRunner: good luck!

27. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@sslm: congrats! And wow, what a nice big girl! How did they think it was a boy? From the ultra sound?

28. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@YogiRunner: best of luck!

29. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@rockinghorse: yes we were told boy at the 20 week ultrasound!

30. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@sslm: WOW!! That is crazy!! So there's hope for me is what you're saying!? 😂 doubtful...I'm destined for boys...so happy for you! Beautiful name too❤

@yogirunner good luck mama!! Let us know how it all goes 🙏

31. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@YogiRunner: I hope everything is going well and we hear an update soon!!!!!

@fitfigure87: haha. Seriously. We are so shocked and she's in boy clothes for the next few days before we can get some girl stuff!!! I really wanted DD to have a sister so I'm kind of ecstatic.

32. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@sslm: What?!? A girl! So exciting! We're planning a boy here too and I'm trying to imagine bringing home a girl to our "little man cave" nursery, haha. Hope you're all doing well!

@YogiRunner: Good luck!! Can't wait for an update.

I have my 38 week appointment (technically 37 w 5 days) this afternoon. Half of me hopes little man stays in until my scheduled c-section on the 14th, the other half of me wants him to come right now!

33. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sslm: wow! Congrats on baby girl! What a surprise!!

34. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

@sslm: WOW! I'm trying to imagine ending up with a boy instead of the girl we're expecting and I can't even. Congrats! Hopefully our 3 different ultrasounds with different techs all saying girl means that won't be an issue.

Have my 39 week appt this afternoon and will get her to check me. Until now I've been good with this one coming before her due date like dd1 did but now dd1 came down with a nasty cold/allergies/not sure what and is miserable and not sleeping or napping well. I hope we can get her over the worst of it before this baby comes. I don't want to leave her for 2 days while she's this sick even if it is with my parents who she loves.

35. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Baby Boy J arrived last night! We started pitocin at about 1pm and little one came screaming into the world at 3am. Only 2 hours of active pushing before we got to the real deal! Those last few pushes were intense but absolutely amazing. He's doing great and nursing really well. So in love!

36. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@sslm: No way! A girl!! What a surprise! Well congrats on a healthy newborn

I had my 36 week appt and u/s baby is measuring biiiig. 84th percentile/already 7-1. I know u/s measurments are notoriously wrong, but eek! J measured 6-8 at this point and came out 8-4 so hoping it stays at just a half lb difference. I am not trying for a 9 pound babe! We did get to see her chubby little cheeks, which was so cute-- and not at allll like J who has always been a skinny guy. Maybe she will be more like me afterall! I was a chunker of a baby Not dilated, but head is down... I'm going to kick it into gear with the walking etc next week!

37. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@YogiRunner: yay! congrats!!

38. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@YogiRunner: Congratulations!

39. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@YogiRunner: Yay!!! So happy for you!! I'm so emotional right now and reading all these babies coming into the world makes me tear up!😳 I feel like baby K will never come 😞

40. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm so happy for you! Congrats mama!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee