Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2019 Moms!

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@SupernovaJ: @Sams Mom: @Berly: thanks ladies! I know everything points to its fine. But it's so hard not to be freaked out!
    We're also taking my little so it will be rough if something is wrong

Eta I'll update once we have news ☺

2. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m hoping it goes well!!

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Baby is all comfy cozy in there! Hb of 162 (didn't get to hear it though 😣 the hippy ob my birth center uses for us won't listen in the first trimester)
    I'm so relieved! Baby was measuring 1 day ahead and was easy to find with an abdominal ultrasound

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: YAY! Looks great! That is weird that they don't do that in the first trimester.

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm so relieved! And yes me either. So weird. But heart rate was great so I'll survive not hearing it yet

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I bet the reassurance took a lot of stress off of you. I'm going to go ahead and guess little girl, and I'm so very excited everything is looking great!

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: i would love another girl but hubby would love a boy so I'm trying my best to be neutral

8. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: hooray! What a relief

9. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: ahhh! That’s the BEST news! What a perfect little bean. Aww, I went to a pretty crunchy place for my second pregnancy and can’t even remember now if they let us hear the heartbeat. We just got the measurements, heart rate and some pictures. My first prenatal was at 10 weeks which is a bit later though so probably did hear and I just forgot!

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: @SupernovaJ: thank you!
    My first little we didn't have an appointment until 10 weeks and it's crazy to me how much they go from peanut to baby in 2 weeks

11. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MamaBear87: yay! Awesome news!

12. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jessiemuller88: do you get your betas back today? Feeling super optimistic for you. Your FRERs were so dark!

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jessiemuller88: thank you!

Fingers crossed for good numbers for you!

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I am officially in the utterly exhausted stage. I did a big grocery shopping trip today and now I'm beat, didn't help that my toddler whined the whole time. How am I going to handle 2 of them?! 😭😨

Anyone else hit the wall of exhaustion?

15. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: yes. I’m sooo tired and I’m having similar fears. My son had a minor operation this week and his sleep has been awful while he is recovering. So I’m reminded of how hard sleep deprivation is. On top of pregnancy exhaustion it’s no good.....I yelled at DH to get up with him last night after I had been up 3 or 4 times.

16. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: Oh my goodness yes. I napped on the car ride home (husband and I carpool). I was utterly exhausted. I don’t teally have any other symptoms so far except extreme fatigue that pops in here and there. Today was one of them.

Then rallying when you get home to do the dinner/cleaning/bath/homework/bedtime routine. Ahhh it was almost too much. In bed and it feels so good.

17. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@magnolia: oh no. Hope your son is ok and recovering well. I feel you, my DS has a cough/fever and was up all night. I had to get up a couple of times for Tylenol. While I was sooo tired, I had to remind myself his time as the “baby” is limited and held him for a bit. 30 lbs... I can only last so long. But it’s already bittersweet.

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: hope your little recovers quickly and gets back to good sleep.
    I'm worried about the sleep deprivation of a newborn. I still have some anxiety issues left over from my svt when I don't get enough sleep so that should be interesting.

@SupernovaJ: jealous you only have exhaustion so far. I feel hungover most of the time and food tastes so gross 😭

19. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m really hoping I don’t have nausea with this one (is that completely unrealistic?? ). With DD and DD it reared it’s ugly head around 7 weeks. It’s the worst feeling. It truly feels like the longest, worst hangover of your life. I hope yours is not so so bad and you get relief throughout the day!!

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@SupernovaJ: it wasn't terrible with my daughter so I'm hoping it doesn't get worse with this one. Fingers crossed you avoid it entirely!

21. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@MamaBear87: Yay! That’s great news. That stinks that you didn’t get to hear the heartbeat, but at least you got to see it. I wonder why they don’t listen for it in the first trimester? I have heard a couple of other people say that their Dr said the same thing. My Dr’s office let us hear it right away at 7w3d, but they are more of a traditional OB practice.

I haven’t been on here much the last couple of days because I have been battling a cough/cold. I broke down last night, and took some Robitussin, which my OB ok’d, because the coughing was keeping me up. I am going to call the doctor on Monday if it doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: i was looking forward to hearing it but the important part is it was beating well so oh well.

I feel like it's always better to take Dr approved meds than to suffer and have your body be all stressed out. Hope you feel better soon!

23. ms_sc

pea / 10 posts

Hello! We've known for a few weeks now, but finally getting around to posting here Glad to have some other moms-to-be to share with!

EDD: 5/15/19
    How far along: 7w2d
    First child? Yes!
    First doctor appointment: We're touring a birthing facility on Monday and will make an appointment shortly after.
    Any symptoms so far? Surprisingly, not too many - tired, occasionally a rapid heartbeat, aversion to some foods. Super thankful to not have any morning sickness thus far (knock on wood).
    Who have you told? My partner and a few close friends. Telling my parents and sibling this evening!

24. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@ms_sc: Welcome!

25. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Aww there's 10 of us now.

May mommas!

Mamac626: May 5th
    Nicollette1189: May 7th
    Mamabear87: May 7th
    Ncsuchick27: May 10th
    Jess1483: May 14th
    Ms_sc: May 15th
    Magnolia: May 25th
    Berly: May 28th
    SupernovaJ: June 2nd
    Jessiemuller88: June 2nd

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@ms_sc: welcome!

27. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@ms_sc: welcome to the group!

@Mamabear87: @Supernovaj: my betas were 138 Wednesday, which my doctor said was good for 13dpo. I went in today for a 2nd draw, so hoping the double!

Im right there with you ladies. I am totally in fear of the sleep deprivation that lies ahead. My DS nursed 3 times a night until he was 12 months. I’m determined to have the 2nd sleeping through the night long before then. I can’t go another year with broken sleep!

28. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

How is everyone feeling? I seem to do OK during the week when I'm at work, but on the weekends I feel totally wiped out. I took 30 minute power naps throughout the weekend... the fatigue hits out of no where.

I also stopped POAS because I ran out of wondfos. I've never gotten my betas done with my previous pregnancies but this morning the test line was darker than the control line. Hopefully a good sign. Our first appointment isn't until 10/17 so now I'm just in the waiting period until the first scan. I moved around a couple of times since I was pregnant with my first so all three of my babies will be born at a different hospital with a different OB/midwife practice. This one will be another midwife practice, but new.

Also probably the best news is that I found our my SIL is also pregnant!! I mentioned earlier on the thread that we made a "pregnancy pact"... and it worked! Her EDD is just six days after mine. I think I was more excited to find out she was pregnant than when I found out about my own pregnancy this time, lol. It's her first.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jessiemuller88: hoping for good numbers for you today!

@SupernovaJ: I'm with you on the exhaustion. Hubby and I stayed up late (ha 10 pm) last night and I am totally wiped out today. My nausea seems to slowly be improving though so that's good.
    Exciting that you and your sil get to share being pregnant together!

30. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@SupernovaJ: how exciting! It’s so neat it worked out like that for y’all. It will be fun to go through together and raise your kiddos together! I’m in a similar boat with a friend of mine. She found out she was pregnant this past weekend,
    so we are 7 days apart!

@Mamabear87: I got my results back, and my betas went from 138 to 258 in 43 hours. My doctor said it was a good rise, but she had me come in today for one more draw. FX they went up again. I’ll hear back tomorrow.

Do y’all’s “symptoms” seem to come and go? Some days I feel pregnant, sore boobs, nauseous, but some days I feel totally normal and it freaks me out!

31. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@ms_sc: welcome and congrats!

@Jessiemuller88: so glad your numbers went up. I definitely have been feeling the symptoms came and go, I think it’s completely normal.
    Unfortunately today I feel terrible

32. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@SupernovaJ: what great news about your sister in law! It’s sweet that you are extra excited for her

I’ve been battling nausea and exhaustion all day. I don’t remember it being this bad with my first but maybe I’ve forgotten. My son went back to school today since his surgery and is sleeping better though so I’m thankful for that

33. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jessiemuller88: That’s great your numbers keep rising!

I don’t have any symptoms for the most part. I just get crazy fatigue off and on, but it definitely comes and goes. For example, yesterday I needed a nap because I was overcome with fatigue. Then later I had enough energy to run 40 mins. Totally random! Also, no nausea and boobs aren’t really sore. But it’s still early, I didn’t have very distinct symptoms until 6-7 weeks with my prior two pregnancies. I’m just now 5 weeks.

34. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@magnolia: Glad your son is better! Sorry you are feeling so awful. I recently read that with each progressive pregnancy, the symptoms are more intense. Ugh I hope that’s not true! I thought my symptoms were awful when I was pregnant with DD. Then I got pregnant with DS and was sidelined with INTENSE nausea lasting till 16 weeks. I remember being so miserable and unhappy, thinking it would never end. I’m scared for this pregnancy but hoping that’s a myth and it won’t be so bad.

35. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@SupernovaJ: my nausea hasn't been any worse than it was with my daughter. I've been more exhausted with this pregnancy though, that could just be having an almost 3 year old though 😂

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jessiemuller88: it's totally normal, but way disconcerting! For symptoms to come and go

37. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Mamabear87: Yes, chasing after a toddler is insanely exhausting on top of pregnancy fatigue! You sort of wonder how you’ll survive... and somehow you do. Hang in there!

38. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

Ugh I have cramps today. No spotting or anything so I’m trying not to freak out. I am 6 weeks now which was when I had my first m/c. I’m scared

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: oh no! It's so hard not to worry but cramps with no bleeding can just be your uterus stretching. Sending good vibes for you

40. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: thank you. The cramping seems to have passed. This is embarassing but it may have been gas/GI related.

Is there such a thing as tmi when you’re pregnant?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee