Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2019 Moms!

1. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@magnolia: Lol, it's definitely gas! It's one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. I also think some cramping is totally normal. I remember I had cramps with my first pregnancy and kept thinking these must be phantom PMS signs. I had a totally healthy pregnancy but I understand the fear with past m/c. I had a chemical recently and for some reason, it's hard to trust my body like I used to and I don't yet feel comfortable sharing the news aside from immediate family. Our first scan is in a couple of weeks...I'll be pretty nervous and will prepare myself for the worst. It's sad it has to be that way but it is what it is. It'll be a long two weeks!

2. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Thinking of you and hope you receive great news about your betas today.

3. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@magnolia: I had bad cramps/gas pains around that time too. They freaked me out, but the fact that I never had any bleeding made me feel better. I am 8w4d now, and they seem to have gone away.

4. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: the gas cramps are the absolute worst! Glad you're feeling better

@SupernovaJ: i haven't had a loss but still felt insanely nervous before my first ultrasound. Seeing the little bean with a beating heart was such a happy moment

5. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: Hoping my nerves calm down after our first scan too.

@NCSUchick27: How are you feeling at 8 weeks? I remember feeling awful around 8 weeks in my prior pregnancies.

6. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@SupernovaJ: Other than a cold/cough that I can’t seem to kick right now, I am actually feeling really good. I have had no nausea at all, which I am super thankful for. My biggest symptoms have been sore boobs, fatigue, and cramping early on. We had an ultrasound about a week ago. We saw and heard the heartbeat, and baby was measuring right on track.

I called my OB about my cold/cough, and they didn’t seem too concerned even though it has been a week and a half. They said I could see my regular doctor or go to urgent care if I wanted to get it checked out. I just got back from urgent care, and they gave me amoxicillin because my symptoms aren’t getting much better. I may wait a day or so to start it to see if feel any better. I don’t want to take them if I don’t have to. They didn’t think it was bronchitis or a sinus infection.

7. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@NCSUchick27: I also have a really bad head cold that I just cannot kick! Argh. Stuffy/runny nose and a little cough, but not to the levels of respiratory infection where I cough SO much (and need antibiotics!). It's just that time of year I guess... It's a nuisance for sure though.

So awesome you're feeling good otherwise and you had a good scan!

8. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

Hey ladies. I’m feeling pretty worried at the moment. My 3rd beta results came back today. My hcg was 523. That’s a 72 hour doubling time. My Progesterone also dropped from 19 to 13. My doctor is putting me on Progesterone and ordered an ultrasound for next Tuesday. It’s going to be an agonizing 6 days...

9. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jessiemuller88: oh no! I was hoping it would just be smooth sailing for you. I'm not positive but think 48-72 hours is normal for doubling time. And you've caught things early so hopefully the progesterone helps

Sending so many hugs

10. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I’m not familiar with progesterone levels but glad your doctor is prescribing it to help your levels to stay elevated. Your hcg doesn’t sound bad though as it clearly doubled, just not as quickly. Either way I know how worrisome this can be. Thinking of you and definitely sending a prayer. The next few days will be tough but we are here for you.

11. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I've known about the pregnancy since week 3 but hadn't decided if I'd post yet- sorry to join so late Nice to meet you all!

EDD: 05/23
    How far along: 7 weeks
    First child? Yes!
    First doctor appointment: 10/08
    Any symptoms so far? Fatigue, sore boobs, lots of nausea & vomiting
    Who have you told? Just my husband

12. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MamaBear87: @Supernovaj: thank you ladies!

13. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Luminescence: Welcome! Congrats on expecting your first. Hope HB has been a good resource for you thus far. So great that this group has grown by another mama!

Have you had an ultrasound yet? My first will be between 7-8 weeks.

14. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Please let me know if I have forgotten anyone.

Mamac626: May 5th
    Nicollette1189: May 7th
    Mamabear87: May 7th
    Ncsuchick27: May 10th
    Jess1483: May 14th
    Ms_sc: May 15th
    Luminescence: May 23rd
    Magnolia: May 25th
    Berly: May 28th
    SupernovaJ: June 2nd
    Jessiemuller88: June 2nd

15. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I’m sorry, that sounds really stressful. I hope the progesterone helps, and that Tuesday comes quickly with good news for you

16. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Luminescence: welcome and congrats I’m also exhausted and constantly nauseated, to the point I can barely get any work done. Screen time seems to make it worse.

I hope you feel better soon!

17. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

@SupernovaJ: No ultrasound yet, but I'll probably have one Monday at my first appointment. Hoping for good results for us all

@magnolia: Aw, I'm feeling much the same. Haven't tried lessening the screen time, will have to test that out and see if it helps. Hopefully we both feel better soon!

And thank you both for being so welcoming!

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Luminescence: welcome! I'm with you on the exhausted train

I had a midwife appt today. She really would rather we get the nipt test as opposed to the nt scan so trying to talk hubby into that tonight.

Also had a salad for lunch and feel awesome. Being pregnant is so weird. I guess I'll try some harder to digest stuff and see if that makes my nausea better 😂

19. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you! I trust your appointment went well? Nipt test seems really good from the research I've done so likely easy enough to get your husband on board. Glad you're feeling good lately, hopefully it lasts!

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Luminescence: oh yes. It was just a quick appt. I'm at a birth center so they're pretty casual about everything. I'll go back up and do blood work next week and then have an appointment the 25th where we'll hopefully finally get to hear baby's heart beat!

Anyone who happens to have cigna insurance they now cover the nipt testing for any pregnant women over 10 weeks! (So no more needing to be high risk or over 35). Getting blood drawn for that next week, and will get to announce sex at my daughters 3rd birthday party so that will be fun!

Anyone else already a bit anxious over labor and delivery? I'm at a birth center this time and a bit worried hubby won't be able to hack transition 😂. He was a great coach last time until transition when I really couldn't get it together and opted for an epi. Granted I had been up for nearly 12 hours at that point with 2.5 hours of sleep and nurse thought I had at least another 5 to go. Thinking about trying to get a doula to help take some of the load off him

21. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: I hear you on wanting birth support. A doula is a great option. Are you also delivering with midwives? I had a doula with my first and I think she played a major role in me avoiding a c-section! But we opted not to have one with our second, but instead delivered at a super crunchy hospital with a midwife practice (which wasn't all that great, either).

I too am already a little anxious about labor. My first was very laborious. My water broke, I labored for 29 hours total and got an epi, pushed for two hours. My second labor was SO different. I progressed so quickly and barely made it to the hospital in time--transitioned right as I got there and was not able to get an epidural and he was born after a few pushes.

My first labor was in a hospital at a birthing center and I had a doula. Although we were at a birthing center, the hospital and my OB practice was extremely intervention pushy and my doula was critical in being our voice and pushing back on repeated attempts to give me pitocin/pain meds until after we reached the 24 hour mark of labor.

My second labor was at a super crunchy hospital with midwives, there was no OB when my son was delivered, but I can't say I loved the experience. Everything happened so fast and looking back, the midwives seemed almost TOO hands off.

This labor will be at a “baby factory” hospital with a very high c-section rate, but given I've had two vaginal deliveries already and I'm going with another midwife practice, I hope labor is smooth without interventions. But I hear third labors are always a wild card--hence the anxiety!

22. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jessiemuller88: How are you doing mama?

23. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@SupernovaJ: I'm giving birth at a free standing birth center, so midwives only. They're awesome though so that part I'm excited about

24. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m definitely nervous about labor. My husband is very sweet and caring but not the right person to coach me in labor. I remember telling him when I was pushing with my DS “you need to yell at me!”. While my labor was relatively fast, I pushed for over 2 hours and ended up with an episiotomy. I definitely am scared about going through that again

Right now the plan is to go with a birth center at a hospital with a midwife and a doula. They have a tub in the room which I think will be great. I won’t meet the midwives for another few weeks though so it’s a bit nervewracking.

How’s everyone else feeling? I have the day off today and I’m doing nothing which is great because I’ve been so knocked down by all day sickness and fatigue.

25. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@magnolia: I'm feeling out of it. That's the best way I can describe how I've been feeling these last two weeks. I'm 6 weeks now and had been struggling with a horrible sinus infection. The pressure has been so bad I had a splitting head ache, facial sensitivity and even my teeth hurt! I've never had a sinus infection in my life, so this was all new to me. I was completely worthless over the weekend with the debilitating fatigue and my head feeling like it would burst. I feel better today (pressure wise) but my taste buds feel off and I have little appetite. I'm wondering if I'll get nausea soon. I'm sooo dreading it.. I got it around 6-7 weeks with my previous pregnancies. My mouth feels dry and tastes like metallic one minute, then fills with saliva the next. Am I doomed? I also can't tell if food tastes like nothing because of my sinus infection (stuffy nose) or because of pregnancy symptoms. Everything is just meh!

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: I'm mostly feeling better but still tired and nauseous sometimes. Crossing my fingers in a couple weeks I feel back to normal

27. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@SupernovaJ: aw I’m so sorry. Sinus pain is the worst. Could it be allergies? Have you ever tried. Neti pot or nasal wash? That’s what helps me when I have sinus pain.

The nausea hit last week exactly at 6 weeks. I didn’t really have it badly with DS so it kind of threw me off guard. I’ve been snacking constantly to keep on top of it. I’m trying to eat healthy because I’d rather not gain 40 lbs (and have an 8lb baby) like my last pregnancy

28. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: glad you are feeling a bit better. I can’t wait for the 2nd trimester. How many weeks are you now?

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@SupernovaJ: weeks 6-8 were the worst nausea wise for me. Hopefully yours is also fairly quick!

@magnolia: I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow so I'm getting close! I'm excited to be due at the beginning of a month this time and not the tail end.
    As to 8lb babies, I only gained 25ish pounds and my little was 8 pounds on the nose so I think weight gain has very little to do with the size of baby

30. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm also a bit nervous about labor, but mostly because I'd like to avoid interventions if possible and I live in a country that does not seem to have many practices to accommodate that. A birth center sounds really nice, but neither they nor midwives are options here. But I found a hospital that thus far seems decent, so hoping for the best. Glad you're feeling better!

@SupernovaJ: Aww, I hope you feel better soon and avoid the nausea this time around.

@magnolia: I actually had a few days where I was feeling somewhat better, but lately back to throwing up every day . Hoping we both feel better soon!

In other news I had my first ultrasound yesterday! They don't check the heart rate this early here, but I was able to see it beating and measurements were right on target. Anyone else have any recent/upcoming appointments?

31. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Luminescence: My first ultrasound is Thursday (at 9.2 weeks). It's the latest I've ever had a first ultrasound (first and second pregnancies were at 8 weeks, the second was a miscarriage, so I got one at 7 weeks with my third pregnancy). But I think it will be quite reassuring since it's so late. Hopefully. Fingers crossed

32. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jess1483: I know what you mean, it is reassuring to go later. With my first, we went at 6 weeks and they could just barely get a heartbeat and she was measuring behind, so they told us not to get too excited. Everything ended up being fine but it made me want to push my first scan to later with the next one when the time came around. With our second, I didn't go until 9+ weeks. Good luck this week! I'm sure everything will be great.

For the current pregnancy, I have my first scan next week at just over 7 weeks.

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I am also chatting on the June board if anyone wants to come join! We're kinda combining May and June just so we have more people to talk to ☺

@Jess1483: good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow! Post a picture of the peanut after 💕

34. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: You’re so close! Also you’re right about the weight gain thing, another friend mentioned to me she gained 45 with one baby and 25 with the other and they weighed the same. I just don’t want an episiotomy again!!

35. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Luminescence: yay for a good ultrasound! I don’t see the midwife until three weeks from now. Hope your nausea settles down.

@Jess1483: good luck tomorrow

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: I think the best thing you can do to avoid an episiotomy is deliver other than on your back. Why did you need one last time?

37. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: my DS was stuck... they had to use forceps. I was on my back with an epidural. It was fine in the moment but the recovery was terrible. This time I’m hopefully doing the birth center where I won’t be on my back and will have the hot tub.

38. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: I'd try not to dwell on it. So much of tearing is positioning. Able to move around and birth in a different position will likely lead to a much different outcome.
    I had a second degree tear, most likely from my daughter having her hand on her face but I also delivered on my back so who knows. My husband is still mad that he didn't stand up to them and make them let me deliver on my side. But I'm also at a birth center this time so will likely deliver in the water

39. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: thank you. I am going to take your advice... focus on the positive options I will have in the birth center.... I’m sorry about your tear. I hope they allow delivery in the tub at the birth center . I’m hoping to find out a lot more once I have my first appointment in three weeks

40. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: my tear wasn't too bad. I've heard from some women that natural tears heal a bit better than being cut.

I can't remember are you at a free standing or a birth center in a hospital?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee