Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2019 Moms!

1. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@MamaBear87: Thanks, that's interesting. I have Cigna actually, so I guess it's worth asking. I think it is an nt scan, although on my paperwork they're just calling it a "12 week screening appointment" and checked the box for ultrasound. I've been given so many papers and booklets from my OB's office, and yet I still feel like I'm missing details on all of this stuff.

2. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kat5: if you're wanting nipt to find out gender/test for abnormalities I would call your ob asap and see if you can get that scheduled instead. I know cigna would only cover one or the other so if you get the nt this week you may be stuck waiting until 20 weeks or paying for something extra to find out sex

3. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@MamaBear87: Thanks, I'm going to do that today!

4. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kat5: waiting for the nipt to come back is a special kind of torture though. I go to a small birth center and so I think they are lower priority. I got mine done on the 11th at 10.2 weeks and I still haven't gotten results.
    Upside I'm no longer that interested in the sex of baby I just want to hear low risk

5. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@MamaBear87: Oh my gosh, that is torture. Yeah, I guess the waiting puts things in perspective.

6. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

I got my NIPT results back today, and they were low risk for chromosomal abnormalities.

I am waiting until tonight to find out the sex with DH.

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: exciting!

After all this waiting were debating just waiting until Saturday to find out sex with everyone else at my daughters 3rd birthday party

8. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Called today and my midwife still doesn't have my nipt results. I'm getting so anxious and worried that they're taking forever because something is wrong 😭

@NCSUchick27: i am officially jealous yours came back in only a week

9. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@MamaBear87: Which company is your test through? I’m sure everything is fine.

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: progenity. From looking online most people have them back by now. The frustrating part is they processed through insurance last Wednesday

11. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@MamaBear87: Have your tried contacting the company to see if they can give you an update?

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: the only number I can find is for their billing DEPT which wasn't helpful for checking on results. They say it can take up to 2 weeks anyway so I'm sure they won't do anything until it's been longer than that

13. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

It’s a ! We are excited.

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: yay girls are so fun!!

15. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MamaBear87: just lurking from the April board and wanted to say my test was also through Progenity and took exactly two weeks. The wait is so hard!

16. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsSCB: gah! It's the worst. I'm just worried it's going to take too long and we aren't going to get to announce the sex at my daughters birthday party Saturday (and that something is wrong)
    But glad to hear I'm not alone in it taking forever

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: I went creepy-creeping 👀 on this board to see if you finally got your results by close of business.
    I'm sure you already have all of this information but it is the best I can do at 5:30 am while getting myself ready for a dr. appt and the kids ready:
    Contact page -
    https://progenity.com/contact
    (855) 293-2639
    Addresses -
    https://progenity.com/company

Hope you get your results soon.

18. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MamaBear87: I hear you, I was also worried something might be wrong! I even contacted progenity through their site to ask if they could give me a login so I could check for the results myself. But they said if my doctor didn't give me log in information, then the practice doesn't participate in the online portal. I'm sure they were like, "Slow your roll, lady" but the wait is not easy!

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsSCB: seriously! I just want to know. And it's so hard when other people get them back so fast.

@Kaohinani: thanks. I'm still inside the 2 weeks they give as a time-frame so I doubt they'll do anything

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Damn. Still nothing and progenity was zero help. Basically said they couldn't tell me anything and to call my midwife. Calling at 12 tomorrow and demanding they call progenity and figure out what's going on. Not dealing with this uncertainty over my daughters birthday weekend

21. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: hope you find out tomorrow. Waiting on results is really the worst (whatever it is). It would be so fun to announce the sex at your daughter’s birthday. I’m sure you will know by then.

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsSCB: @Kaohinani: @NCSUchick27: had yoga at my birth center tonight and caught the receptionist before she went home. My results came in as we were in class. All low risk!!

Have the sex in an envelope, opening it with hubby when I get home!

23. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@MamaBear87: Yay! I am so glad you got your results and everything was good.

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: ahhhhh! Yay! I'm guessing girl

25. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

It's a boy! Hahahaha what do I do with a boy? 😂

26. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@MamaBear87: Congrats! Boys are wonderful

@NCSUchick27: Yay

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: they're wonderful, a handful, no respect for Mom's mental will being because they try every way possible to hear or kill themselves... But they're the best. (Biased and I don't care 😂)

ETA I should have known, because I was so sorry Sam was a girl too 🤣

28. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MamaBear87: congrats!! So exciting, boys are so sweet and I’m glad you found out in time for the party!

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jess1483: @NCSUchick27: @MrsSCB: @Sams Mom: thanks ladies!

@Sams Mom: this is totally what I'm afraid of 😂 momma is already way strapped in the mental well being dept

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: last night Sam fell off my bed last night because he was goofing around, bumped his head on the platform ledge, screamed bloody murder for a bit... And although he has a ridge on his head from the platform he was back to playing and running after 5 minutes of "momma loves".

I'll be grey by the time I'm 35 and maybe had a couple heart attacks by then.

BUT he's just so sweet and cute

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: well my daughter has done almost that exact thing so maybe I'm already in the swing 😂 glad little dude is ok

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: Woke to your wonderful news this morning! Congratulations on the healthy baby BOY!!! So exciting!

33. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

It's time for an update. So exciting to find out the sex. Anyone on this board team green? Let me know if I have forgotten anyone!

Mamac626: May 5th
    Kat5: May 7th
    Mamabear87: May 7th
    Nicollette1189: May 7th
    Ncsuchick27: May 10th
    Jess1483: May 14th
    Ms_sc: May 15th
    Luminescence: May 23rd
    Magnolia: May 25th
    Berly: May 28th

Jessie and I both have an EDD of June 2 so we have been more active on that board as it's grown, but I still have an inkling the baby might come in May.

34. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: Boys are the best! Nothing like having a little boyfriend who adores mummy. We also have a girl firstborn and then a boy... fun times ahead.

35. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

Hi mamas. I’ve been a bit MIA since my son was sick and I wasn’t getting much sleep.

@MamaBear87: congrats on your boy! I have one and he’s the best does your daughter know yet?

@SupernovaJ: I’m still deciding whether or not to be team green! We found out with my first at 14 weeks so it might be fun to have a surprise this time around.... but I also really want to know, even though I don’t really have a preference either way! I think two boys would be really fun but I’d also love a girl

My first midwife appointment is a week away! I feel like I’ve been waiting forever. Next Thursday can’t come soon enough

36. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

@NCSUchick27: @MamaBear87: So exciting to find out so early! Yay for the healthy babies!

@magnolia: Such a long wait for your appointment. Wishing you good luck at it and hope your son is feeling better.

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: thanks! Yes we told my daughter. She'll sometimes acknowledge that yes it's a baby brother but mostly insists it's a baby sister 😂 I'm still a little sad I didn't push to be team green so I say go for it!

@Luminescence: I'm so relieved. It's the best news to hear they're ok in there.

We got to hear baby boy yesterday on the doppler and he was moving all over and had a great heart rate. I'm having the worst time keeping the secret from everyone mostly because I keep almost calling him him and baby boy. We'll see if I make it to tomorrow for the big reveal

38. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@MamaBear87: Yay on the healthy baby boy! Thanks for the tip on the NIPT by the way -- because I had called ahead I was able to get it done yesterday. Hoping my wait isn't too long.

39. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: aw! I asked my son if he wanted a brother or a sister, and he said sister but I don’t know if he really gets it (he’s 3) . I also keep referring to this baby as “him” even though I don’t know yet. Maybe it’s a boy mom thing? I hope you can keep it secret til the party

40. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Luminescence: thank you! My son is slowly getting better . How have you been feeling?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee