Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2019 Moms!

1. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: it’s at a birth center in a Hospital.

2. nicollette1189

cherry / 105 posts

You guys, I'm total totally awful at keeping up with anything on HB. Our last birth month ladies moved to Facebook because we were all so bad lol.

Anyway, I had my first appointment with the PA at 10.5 weeks yesterday. I forgot how much they do! Flu shot, blood draw, urine sample, pap. We got to see the baby on the bedside ultrasound machine because we couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler. She also said Dr would probably let me go to 37-38 weeks so crossing my fingers for no NICU time!

3. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@nicollette1189: I still keep in touch with December 2012 Mamas on Facebook

Had my ultrasound today. They dated me at 10w0d (I was 9w2d by LMP). Honestly, I'm probably somewhere in the middle based on ovulation, but they were able to draw for all the genetic testing since I was far enough along (she said it would be fine even if I really was 9w2d.) Anyway, peanut was quite cooperative, sleeping at first but woke up quickly after I get to see the same OB and Nurse-midwife as my last pregnancy (same OB as first one, but different midwife), and I love them both. It finally felt a little bit real Wild to be able to have gender results fairly soon (she said about a week).

4. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Jess1483: look at that perfect baby! So exciting!

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jess1483: Baby is so cute!

6. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

Hi all, is it too late to join? After dealing with infertility and IVF, I was a little nervous to fully embrace this pregnancy until after my first OB visit.

EDD: May 7th
    How far along: 10w3d
    First child? Yep!
    First doctor appointment: I've met with my RE several times, but I finally had my first appointment with my OB yesterday. Until yesterday, my last ultrasound was 7w3d, so we were both pretty shocked to see how it went from looking like a tiny thing with a tail to an actual baby!
    Any symptoms so far? 24/7 nausea and generally feeling hungover since the end of 5 weeks. It's just now starting to improve, but some days are better than others. Oh, and total exhaustion.
    Who have you told? DH's and my immediate family and few close friends. Basically, the people who knew we were doing IVF.

7. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

@Jess1483: Adorable, and exciting to get results so quickly- I guess late appointments have their perks

@Kat5: Welcome and congratulations! I'm right there with you with the nausea and fatigue, hope you feel better soon.

8. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kat5: welcome due date twin! ☺ I'm starting to feel better this week so hopefully you will soon also

9. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: I know our natural friendly hospital allows laboring in tubs but make you get out for delivery but fingers crossed yours is different!

10. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@Luminescence: Thank you!

@MamaBear87: Happy to have a due date twin! Also happy to hear that you're starting to feel better. That's encouraging!

11. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@nicollette1189: I’m so glad you had a good appointment and got to see the baby were your previous babes early?

12. nicollette1189

cherry / 105 posts

@magnolia: yes! I went into labor with baby 2 at 35+0 and did a scheduled csection with baby 3 at 36+4. I have half a uterus so we never went full term

13. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Kat5: congrats! and welcome

14. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jess1483: so cute! any guesses or instinct as to the gender?

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Pregnancy....when you cough shortly after eating, realize you're going to puke, just barely make it to the toilet and get queso up your nose because you had to lean over 😂😂😂😂

It was so gross. Hope everyone else is having a better night!

16. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@magnolia: none at all. I haven’t with any of my kids. But I think we only make boys.

17. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

My next appointment is tomorrow morning. It is actually my first full prenatal appointment. My appointment 3 weeks ago was just an ultrasound and blood draw for the standard prenatal blood test. The nurse last time said they will probably only list for baby’s heartbeat at this appointment (with the doppler I assume).

They will also be drawing blood for the Counsyl Prelude test tomorrow. We could know the sex of the baby in about a week. I am hoping the results come in before DH has to go out of town for a few days. If they don’t come in before he leaves, we will have to wait until he comes back to find out the sex because we want to find out together. Hopefully everything will come back low risk.

18. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@Kat5: Welcome!

19. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@NCSUchick27: have a great appointment today!

Nausea is back in full swing over here I’m 8 weeks and hoping this gets better soon. I did find out great news that my friend is expecting her first only a few weeks after me! I’m excited for her

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: have a great appointment!

@magnolia: my nausea finally went away, hopefully for good! The last week, so around 10 weeks but I know I get to kick it a bit earlier than some

21. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

The appointment went well. I really liked the midwife I saw. She couldn’t find the heartbeat on the doppler so we got a surprise ultrasound, and we were able to see it right away on the ultrasound. Baby looks good! We were able to see baby moving around, which was really cool.

They drew my blood for the NIPT, and said I would get the results in 10 business days.

22. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@NCSUchick27: I’m glad you liked your midwife and got to see the baby!

23. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: glad you are feeling better, it sounded like last week was rough. You are giving me hope, I keep telling myself, this isn’t going to last forever

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: glad you liked your midwife! It seems like forever to get the results back

@magnolia: it can't last forever but it seems like it will. Hubby is determined after dealing with sick/hormonal/exhausted me that this is our last 😭

25. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

The website says my results are ready for the Counsyl test (they received the sample Friday, so a super quick turnaround)! Of course, it’s 4 am, so I can’t call my doctor But hopefully they’ll call me today? I don’t really know how patient I can be...

26. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@Jess1483: Yay! That’s exciting that your results are ready, and super quick. Hopefully they call you soon. I did Counsyl too, and my Dr.’s office said 10 business days, but I have been reading online that a lot of people get them back within a week.

27. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

It’s a !!!!

I was shocked. The nurse (who has been around for all 3 kids now) said she was so excited she had to call immediately. I’m so excited. DH is...getting used to it.

28. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jess1483: so exciting!! My husband took a moment to get used to the idea of our girl and then was thrilled!
    I'm so jealous you got results already . My birth center told me not to expect them until early next week

29. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jess1483: aww congrats! Your DH is in shock don’t only make boys ?!

30. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@Jess1483: Congrats! A little girl will be so fun. I think my DH will be shocked if ours is a girl.

31. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

@Jess1483: Congratulations on your girl, so exciting to get results so quickly!

32. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@Jess1483: Congrats!!

33. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@Jess1483: How long was your Counsyl test in the processing stage? They received my sample on Tuesday, and it still says processing this morning.

34. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@NCSUchick27: they received it Friday and it was done Tuesday. I’m not sure if the weekend slowed it down or if those are working days? But all told, 5 days.

35. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: I'm on 6 business days of waiting for my nipt to come back. So I think some just take alot longer 😭

36. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@NCSUchick27: my two-week test (the Forsight panel) is done today, so exactly one week. I’m sure yours will be done soon!

37. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

The Counsyl website says my results are in “Clinical Review” now. I think that means my Dr. has them. Hopefully I they will call me on Monday.

38. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@NCSUchick27: this is what mine said when my doctor had them.

39. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

I have my 12 week ultrasound (which I'm starting to feel nervous about) later this week along with some blood tests, although I'm not quite sure what those are. Does anyone know if the NIPT is standard, even if you're under 35? Is it something I need to specifically ask for?

...Basically, I'm just totally impatient and want to know boy or girl ASAP

40. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kat5: the nipt is not standard under 35, although I was surprised to find out that cigna covered it for me anyway.

Is your ultrasound an nt scan? If so they may not be planning the nipt as they often do one or the other and not both

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee