Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Moms

1. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: wait, how did I miss this??????? Congratulations!!!!!!!

2. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@anbanan15: Totally already registered! Just basing it off off Amazon and Target reviews, were going with the Chicco KeyFit 30. It's not the cheapest option, but its our first child, so we're registering for it.

3. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

Feel like I dropped off the planet a bit - waiting for ultrasound confirmation took a long time, but finally got to see our little one yesterday! Baby looks good, heart rate of 161 and measuring a few days ahead, so my due date is now 11/26 - Thanksgiving Day!

Hope all is well with you ladies! I hope to be more attentive now that I've actually seen that baby is ok.

4. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@anbanan15: I plan on reusing my son's Chicco KeyFit 30. It still looks brand new since we switched to a convertible seat at a pretty young age (he gained weight so quickly, hard to carry him around in the bucket seat so it just made sense to switch him). I definitely recommend you check it out if you're in the market, its always highly rated.

5. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@Chaosmaven: Congratulations on finally getting your confirmation ultrasound and happy to hear baby looks good

6. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Miss Sarah: @clover: That's such a popular seat! My issue is that it has to fit with the other two seats we have and I think that makes the Chicco out as it is too wide. I am in love with the cybex Aton 2, but I think it is out of budget at this stage of the game. Had it been out first I totally would go for something like that!

@Chaosmaven: As of now that is my due date unless it changed after my u/s Friday! Yay for confirmation.

7. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Chaosmaven: Congrats! So exciting!

@anbanan15: @Miss Sarah: @clover: I'm not sure which seat we will go with. We had thought we would go straight to a convertible seat but now that I am due in November, I'm not sure if I would rather have the infant seat so I can keep the baby more bundled in the cold months. It's stressing me out a little haha

8. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Chaosmaven: great to hear your ultrasound went well!

@anbanan15: with DD I had a convertible baby seat (rear facing/forward facing). I didnt buy a capsule car seat, which was a good thing as she grew so fast that by 5 months she would have been way too tall for it. I'm not sure if I'm going to re-use the old baby seat (its 4 years old but in perfect condition) or if I should look into getting a capsule. My reasoning is that last time I didn't use a bassinette on her pram (bugaboo bee with the baby coccoon) and I'd like something sturdier this time around. It will either be a new basinette for one of our prams (bee or city mini gt) or it will be a capsule car seat that we can use on either pram. of course, baby could hate either or both!

9. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

I had my repeat NT scan on Thursday and everything went great. My risk of Trisomy 21 went from 1/443 before screening to 1/>10,000 and risk of Trisomy 13 and 18 went from 1/829 to 1/>10,000.

I know there are a few ladies who know the sex, does anyone else have any predictions?

10. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@clover: According to the baking soda test and the Chinese gender calendar it is a girl. DS also thinks/wants another sister. All of which were right for DD.

11. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@anbanan15: Its so sweet your DS wants another sister!

12. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@clover: haha thanks! I think he just doesn't realize what a brother is because I am sure he would rather have one of those!

I'm super excited! Just ordered our infant car seat!! It's crazy how excited I am for this thing.

13. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@anbanan15: We were at IKEA yesterday and started buying nursery furniture! It's so exciting...It's getting real!

@clover: yay for test results! As for gender, I have no idea!! I just want a healthy baby

14. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Miss Sarah: Oooh exciting!! What did you get? We picked up a dresser for the nursery last week!! We're going to put a changing pad on top, now I have to choose one. There are so many things you have to make decisions about!

15. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

My mom asked for the guest list for the shower already so I am trying to finish up my registry. There are so many choices to make! Would anyone be interested in sharing what they have so far? I'll show you mine if you show me yours

16. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@peaches1038: I doubt I'll be doing one this time since its #2. But I'll be happy to give you ideas on yours.

I feel like I totally have fallen off the planet with this page. School is getting ready to wrap up and has been SUPER busy. We're also moving in two weeks so packing has been so fun.

I had appointment #2 yesterday and all is good. I got to hear the little heartbeat and have already scheduled the anatomy scan. The doctor informed me that I have to start getting weekly shots at my next appointment to prevent another early delivery. I'm hoping that are too painful.

How's everyone else doing?

17. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

still sick on this end, though it has improved a little and managed to get through yesterday without chucking I *should* be 13 weeks tomorrow, and I have my anatomy scan in the morning. feeling pretty nervous about it!

I keep imagining that I can feel my baby moving, not as in limbs moving but more like a pressure on one side of my belly? I get that funny feeling in my stomach like when you drive over a bump in the road too fast. I think I can feel the line of my uterus just under my belly button, especially after I have a shower at night and am lying in bed.

18. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

Doing well here. Not much morning sickness, but a bit more heartburn.

We just put down deposits for infant daycare for next March today. Luckily, we were able to get a "guaranteed" spot at 2 daycares. I'm skeptical of the "guaranteed," especially since everyone we've talked to has said to have 2 spots just in case. Anyway, one is a chain and is super high tech and the other is more mom and pop. DH and I weren't able to tour both together (We did the divide and conquer today and each went to one to pay the deposit). But both seem like good places and check out well on the state inspection websites.

19. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@peaches1038: I totally haven't even started thinking about registries yet!

20. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@JennyG: I'll take all the advice I can get!! You have a ton going on! I would be mega stressed. I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat. I have an appt Thursday and I'm hoping my midwife will be able to find it on the Doppler.

@FannyMae: I'm still sick too but sounds like you have it worse! I get sick about 2x/week, which is a vast improvement. I can't wait to feel the baby. All I feel is a weird pressure on the bottom of my belly. I can totally feel my uterus too, so crazy!

@Hoots: daycare is freaking me out. I guess I need to start looking soon! It's funny that I've been thinking all about the registry and not about daycare and you are the opposite.

21. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@peaches1038: ohhhh last night was so nasty I feel like crying. I think I have a stomach bug, I vomited 5 times and had the worst cramping all night called my OB he thinks I might have gastro, and now I have to get myself fixed up and looking human so I can get to my anatomy scan!

22. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: So sorry you've been ill...How was the appointment and ultrasound?!

I had my 14 week appointment today and we had a little panic. They couldn't find the heartbeat at first, for a couple minutes...I was so nervous! She came back in with the handheld ultrasound and she found baby. It was moving around like crazy! She said, "the only thing I'd be worried about is that your baby is a mover!!"

23. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Miss Sarah: the appointment went really well, I was nervous and anxious but I had the same sonographer as when I had my scans 3 years ago with DD. He was fantastic, heartbeat was strong and pointed out all the features. I was so dehydrated from being sick all night/morning that I had trouble with the blood test, veins collapsed and now I have bruised arms from the needles. Was sick all afternoon and night and I'm down to my last zofran tablet with another week before I see OB, so might have to go to my GP tonight and beg for a script (I want to get flu shot at the same time).

I bet you felt like jumping for joy when you heard that heartbeat after the anxious wait! cheeky bubby!

24. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: I was so relieved when we finally saw baby! I hope you start feeling better soon!!

25. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@FannyMae: that sounds awful! I'm glad to hear everything looks great with the babe. I hope you start to feel better soon!

@miss Sarah: cheeky baby, indeed! Scaring mama already!

I have an ultrasound on June 1. I'll be about 16 weeks along. I havent had an appointment (except to deal with HG symptoms) since week 7, so I've yet to *hear* the heartbeat or see anything other than a lump with a tiny flicker. Feeling nervous...

26. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@sometimesshesings: best of luck at your ultrasound! Are you having any treatment/meds to deal with the HG?

I had the flu injection at my GP's clinic yesterday.... maaan my arm is sore!! I've been unfortunate enough to get the flu every season for the last 3 years, this injection better work!!

27. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@FannyMae: thank you! Yes, I've had several rounds of IV fluids and I've been taking the Unisom/Vit. B6 combo. I was offered other medications, and I would have taken them with sustained weight loss, but I was able to cope with those category 1 treatments. At 15 weeks, I'm feeling much, much better! My fingers are crossed for you avoiding the flu for the foreseeable future!

28. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@FannyMae: That is seriously horrible! I hope the flu shot works for you this time. I still feel bad enough without adding the flu on top of it!

@sometimesshesings: Do you have to take the unisom/b6 regularly for it to work or can you just take it if you are feeling nauseous? I'll be 15 weeks Sunday and am still throwing up about 2-3 times per week. (It was multiple times per day) I just want it to go away!! Im glad to hear that you are finally feeling better! Gives me hope haha

@Miss Sarah: that would scare me too! I'm glad you got to see the little one though!

29. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@sometimesshesings: @peaches1038: I don't know what the equivalent of unisom is here, my OB starts with maxalon and then moves to zofran, and I'm guessing after that its HG diagnosis and hospitalisation when required. hope the sickness clears up for both of you real soon too, 15 weeks already! does anything in particular set your sickeness off? I'm finding it real hard to eat anything white bread/pasta/rice as well as green vegetables. I end up with real bad indigestion/burping and helloooo vomit time.

30. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@peaches1038: I've noticed that it's more effective when I take it less frequently. The only problem is that it takes my body a few days to acclimate to the sleep-inducing effects each time I take a break... So I've mostly stuck to taking it daily. Some people seem less prone to the grogginess, though. You may want to try it on a day when you don't have too many obligations?

31. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@FannyMae: The active ingredient in unisom is doxylamine, which is different from maxolon. Here in the U.S., most practitioners just recommend making a cocktail at home since unisom and b6 are cheap over-the-counter. There is a prescription med with the same ingredients, but it's a lot more expensive and only recently returned to the U.S. market. I think it's a really common combo in Canada, but I'm not sure if it's available in other countries.

32. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Checking to see how you ladies are going! Been almost a week since this thread was on the first page, thought I'd better find it. I've got my 14 week appointment tonight, hopefully get to hear the thumpety thump heart beat again

33. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

I have my next appointment Monday at 14w5d. They will probably schedule my anatomy scan, which will hopefully be a little earlier at 18w I still feel the same. Nothing new and exciting going on, just hanging in there.

34. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@anbanan15: I booked my 20 week anatomy in advance when I did the 12 week one last friday. my OB is still waiting on the results of the harmony test so might find out on tuesday or wednesday. Got to see the little bebe, funny thing was upside down with its butt sticking up so thats the first thing we saw good news is that I can finally stop taking the progesterone, and hopefully that will help me to feel bettwer.

35. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

I had my 14 week appointment today. Heartbeat was easily found and averaging 150. Next one at 18 weeks (6/26) and they sent the order for the level 2 ultrasound to scheduling.

I struggled last weekend to buy maternity clothing. I'm a petite/short size and everything had a full panel. I finally said screw it and bought 2 huge clothing lots on ebay. They came yesterday and I'm super excited that everything seems to fit with some items larger for later. For 70 pieces, I spent $200 so I'm pretty excited!

Currently, we're struggling with a carseat choice. We also bought a really big lot of used unisex baby stuff off of craigslist. It came with the graco travel system. We're not using the carseat, but we were thinking of buying a new one that fit the stroller. It would be a graco snugfit classic connect 35. I've heard they are kind of a pain to buckle and adjust the harness. Does anyone have any experience?

36. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Feeling OK here, after my scare at my 14 week appointment last week...little bugger! They told me they won't do my anatomy U/S at my 18 week appointment, so I need to find out if I get to come in at 20 weeks or have to wait until my 22 week appointment...EEK! I know that's not long in the grand scheme of things, but we can't wait to find out!

I'm in the midst of interviewing for teaching jobs next year and it's getting hard to hide my belly! I'm also stressing about the potential opportunities and making the right decision. It's pretty much a sure thing that I will be offered a job teaching students with autism...but I'm not certain that's the right job for me. I am freaking out about turning that down in hopes of something better and then not getting something better! It's so hard to stay calm and cool for baby when so many life-altering decisions need to be made!

37. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Hoots: we had a snugride 22 classic connect. While I never had any problems with the buckle or adjusting the harness and it served it's purpose for two kids I have decided that the seat kinda sucks after looking at new options for this baby. My main issue with it is that the cover comes off easily and doesn't completely cover the seat which leaves gaps on the sides for LO to reach down in and pull the foam padding out, which is what my second did, tore it to shreds and has rendered the seat useless, thus why we had to get another. The cover also slipped off whenever you took baby out.

After a lot of research we went with the Cybex Aton Q. It was literally the only seat that fit 3 across in my car, but I am obsessed with it for many other reasons. It is a pretty sexy seat. It is also one of the only infant seats with a no rethread harness which is super awesome. The seat adjusts itself when you adjust the harness/headrest to get baby at the proper recline position. It is also the most compact seat both front to back and in width (the Aton and Aton 2 are actually 1" shorter than the Q and about 4" shorter than other infant seats). It is compatible with a bunch of strollers using the Maxi Cosi adapters. I gave it test run yesterday to make sure everything indeed fit and getting a tight and secure install is so easy!!

38. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@anbanan15: that does look groovy!! I was unsure what to do about the car seat as I have one in storage (a convertible baby seat). I think I might buy or rent a maxi-cosi capsule so that I can clip it onto the bugaboo bee. DD is starting kindergarten in Jan and baby will only be 2 - 3 months. It would be pretty useful, being able to plop baby into seat inside the house, and then just lift them out/clip to pram when we get to kinder etc.

@Hoots: I bet that was awesome going through clothes and getting just what you needed! all of my jeans are full panel, but I prefer it as I find the demi panel ones give me a sore belly if the elastic is too strong. I need some long tanks, might have to go shopping later today

@Miss Sarah: do you do your US at your OB's office? Mine only has a lil machine that he does check ups on, and sends me to another ultrasound clinic to do the big scan. Hope they can get you in at 20 weeks! I hope the right job comes up for you, best of luck

39. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: they do the ultrasounds in their office! I'm going to push for the 20-week timeframe

@anbanan15: Looks great!!

@Hoots: This sounds fun! I want to check eBay now...maybe that's what I'll do today!

40. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Miss Sarah: It took me about 2 weeks to find a few lots I really liked. Don't get discouraged if the lots look crappy to begin with. There will be crappy stuff for a few days, then something good will come up out of the blue! The big lots seem to be a better deal by auction and have a good number of people bidding, so you really have to watch them. Also, I only searched "maternity lot" with my size. A lot of the one piece maternity stuff was way too expensive for secondhand.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee