Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Moms

1. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: Yes! November seems both far away and very close!!

2. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: I know!! We bought a dresser for the nursery this past weekend and that big purchase along with the ultrasound yesterday, it seems so real! 6 more months!

3. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@peaches1038: (edited) My husband is half Japanese and it is a name I always loved way before I even met him. Eliza is what DH calls me when he is trying to be smart (someone said my name wrong even after I corrected them and now DH just finds it funny).

Our son's is pretty popular and it doesn't bother me at all. I was just thinking two of the same gender it might be a bigger issue? Maybe not.

4. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@anbanan15: How pretty!! I wanted to ask you but didnt think you would want to share since you hadnt. Love it!

5. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@wrkbrk: I'm obsessed with it (since I was like 12) and buying all the green things lol. She's actually named after the first female figure skater to land the triple axel and triple-triple in competition, just so happens I married someone Japanese. I don't mind sharing it, but I will delete it, just because it is so uncommon.

6. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@anbanan15: Very cool!!

7. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@anbanan15: That's so pretty! Thanks for sharing, sorry I'm so nosy! Do the other names you like sound good with your DD and DSs names? I think that matters more than the popularity.

8. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@peaches1038: Thanks! and your not nosy!! I really like Stella for a girl. I also like Adeline (DH's aunt is Adelaide though so this is out), Emelyne (might be too similar to Adelaide) and Eleanor (too classic with DD's name?), but I'm not sure. Oh I also love Gemma but DH said that is so 70's (wha?!). I have NO boys names I even remotely like. My husband is no help at all, except being very good at saying no.

9. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@anbanan15: Stella is so sweet and spunky! I love Eleanor, it reminds me of my grandmas name, Elaine. Maybe Lainey for a nickname? Boys names are so hard!! At least we all have 6 months to figure it out!!

10. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@anbanan15: a variation of stella is on my shortlist (starts with E and ends with E) I can't even begin to think what we will go with for either gender just yet, I was so sure with DD but this time is way harder.

11. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FannyMae: pretty! That's how we were! We had names picked out YEARS before I was pregnant with either child. Used the one with DS and the second with DD. This time we have to think (err more like I do). I am trying not to actually worry about it until I know what we are having.

12. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: Love that beautiful name!

@anbanan15: Missed your DD's name, but I'm sure it's awesome!

Jealous of the extra ultrasounds...would have been my reason to do the NT scan, but we opted out, so we don't have one until the gender scan! 12 weeks today and looking forward to announcing at our family's Mother's Day party on Sunday!

13. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

Also jealous of the extra ultrasounds. We opted out of the NT and are decidedly team green, so the next scan should be anatomy at 20 weeks. Also not telling family (except my mom, she already knows) until about that time. They live across the country and aren't coming to visit until that time. We have one friend (who we're hoping will be the godmother) coming to visit next week, so she'll find out because I won't be able to hide it!

14. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Team green! I tried to convince my husband to do this...but he's insistent and cannot keep a secret from me either, so I guess we're finding out. I suppose I love the little gummy bear either way!

15. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Miss Sarah: DH was completely fine with it, but he doubted that I'd be able to hold out. But I'm completely okay with it because I think it takes the pressure off of us to let people know name choice and things like that. I also don't want to be tempted to buy gender specific gear that I may not be able to reuse later. If I knew I totally wouldn't be able to hold back.

16. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Haha, good point! That's why I totally have my registry basically completed with gender neutral items...totally thinking about future babes!

17. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

We're definitely finding out. Mostly because we have oodles of boy clothes and I'd want to know if I need to start gathering little girl outfits. I got a lot of his clothes at this amazing twice a year consignment sale. Its happening next in September, so I'll want to know if I get to shop for new clothes, or just supplement what we already have.

This time though we're keeping the name secret. We told our families and close friends last time, but this time we're waiting.

18. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@JennyG: I'm definitely going to find out with the blood test next week (results the week after). I have so many girl clothes its ridiculous, so I'd like to know if I should start clearing some out.

We won't tell anyone else what the gender or name is, they can be surprised after the birth

19. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

Happy Mother's Day mamas!!! For everyone announcing today: have so much fun and let us know how it goes!! Hope everyone enjoys their day!

20. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

happy mothers day to all you special ladies! hope all your families give you some amazing love today xo

its monday here - I'm sick as a dog wrapped up in my blanky on the couch thankfully my MIL is babysitting today while I feel sorry for myself and try get the house clean. DD's 3rd birthday is on Thursday and I have housework to plough through.

21. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

happy mother's day!

abdominal cerclage surgery went well last week and now just recovering. i go back on thursday to check in with the dr and get an ultrasound to see how everything is progressing, but after the surgery they checked on the little guy and he looked great.

my due date is still November 11, but to prevent me from going into labor and possibly breaking the stitch they will deliver via c-section by 37 weeks, so mid-end of October.

22. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: Glad you're recovering well! I hope you stay here despite the possibility of going early!

23. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: I hope you stay here and hang out with us! But I must admit October has a much nicer birthstone Hope everything goes well!! And recovery is quick.

24. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@peaches1038: @anbanan15: thanks!! haha October birthstone is much nicer isn't it? (my birthday is in November and I've never cared much for topaz..) i'll definitely stay in the group tho since my due date hasn't changed

25. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: Same here! I'm a November birthday too and I have never been a fan. Yellow in general is my least favorite color.

26. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: @anbanan15: My birthday is in October and I never cared for opals haha. You can cheat and use blue topaz for November! I think that's so pretty!

27. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@peaches1038: blue topaz is actually Decembers birthstone, which I do like

28. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

substitute yellow topaz with a yellow diamond

ughh please tell me this morning sickness is going to switch off once I hit 12 weeks! I feel the last two days (11+4, 11+5) have by far been the worst. I've got a head cold at the same time, but the nausea is so strong that 3 doses of zofran have done nothing and I've vomited up dinner last night too.

29. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@anbanan15: Ugh! I can't believe I didn't remember that. In that case, I second @FannyMae's suggestion! Everyone loves a diamond!
    And @FannyMae: I just started my 13th week and feel so so so much better. It's like a switch flipped. I hope it's the same for you!

30. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FannyMae: @peaches1038: my sons birthstone is a diamond. So jealous! If this baby is born in November there will be 3 November birthdays between my kids and myself and 4 in my family (my brother is in November too). My poor moms mother/grandmother necklace has yellow topaz overload.

On a side note, would it totally stink to share a birthday with your non-twin/multiple sibling? I am thinking I will be induced yet again and if so I would like to do it on a certain date (I will be in my last semester of nursing school and due over Thanksgiving break, so if I induce I would like to go as early as possible to maximize my time at home before my last two weeks of classes) and that date would put baby being born on DD's birthday. I was thinking even if baby was born on their in birthday being born that close together their birthdays would probably always be celebrated together.

31. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@anbanan15: DD's may birthstone is emerald, so hubby bought me a gold ring with an emerald cut emerald and two small diamonds - on HIS birthday. what a wierdo lol.
    With regards to being induced - two kids born in the same week even sometimes end up with birthdays being celebrated together. I don't think thats a bad thing, especially as kids when you can do one bigger party for both and get it out of the way rather than spread out. When they're older and want to have 16th/19th/21sts you might have to accommodate and do seperate weekends or parties.

32. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FannyMae: aww how sweet of him lol Thanks! That is my thinking as well, but it helps when someone else also says it out loud. DD will be 2, so she will never remember what it is like to have a birthday of her own. If it was DS at 4 I could see it being a bigger problem.

33. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@anbanan15: That's a lot of topaz.
    I agree with @FannyMae. I don't think it's a big deal, especially if you let them do separate things when they are older. It might even be fun for them!

34. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@peaches1038: Thanks! I was thinking it would be kinda cool, especially if they were the same gender. We shall see!!

35. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and that you and the babe are both looking good! You seemed very calm about the whole thing on the thread. Were you feeling nervous about it going in?

@FannyMae: I'm 13 weeks now, and I do think the last week has been a little easier. I've still thrown up most nights, but I haven't felt nauseated ALL day long and I can eat a few more things. Huge improvement! I still can't drink water, though.

Anyone else starting to get a little bump? This is #2 for me, and in the last week and a half, I went from no bump at all to looking the way I did around 17 weeks with my son. I finally feel pregnant!

36. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@sometimesshesings: water is a total killer isn't it? gives me such heartburn. I've already got a bit of a pot belly but it has popped a bit more as I can feel the top of my uterus moving up.

37. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@FannyMae: yeah! What's up with that? I feel like I must be damaging myself or this child by not drinking actual water for months, but I just can't do it without getting sick. I can get down about one can of La Croix sparkling water each day. I hope my body is using it like water!

38. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: My MS was never that bad, but the worst was definitely during week 11. I'm 12+5 today and have felt great (besides headaches) the past few days!

@littleredhairedgrl: So glad to hear everything went great! Woohoo!

39. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Miss Sarah: I'm counting my weeks based on LMP not OB's date (baby measured 2 days behind) so I should be 12 weeks spot on today. Spewed 2 times this morning whoohoo!! I actually feel better with the nausea than I was feeling 2-3 days ago so hope it improves. My mum has a day off today so she has come to help me clean/babysit as DD's bday party is tomorrow night.

40. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

I think we got the insurance stuff straightened out and I scheduled my dating u/s for Friday! Yay!

Has anyone decided on a car seat yet? Or have some front runners?

I know we have a bunch of time yet, but we just upgraded DS to a harness/booster seat so I've got car seats on the brain. We need a new infant seat after DD destroyed the one we used with her and DS (she shredded the padding).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee