Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Moms

1. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

Had my 16-week checkup today (delayed a week as my obgyn's office was moving out of a temporary location and back into the remodeled permanent offices--looks great and the chairs Re way more comfortable!)

Pretty uneventful appointment. Baby's heartbeat was 150 and the anatomy scan was scheduled for the first week of July. Can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or another girl!

Am starting to feel much better. Still have some reflux issues but starting to have more energy and less morning sickness.

2. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Had my 2nd appointment today. I'm 14w5d and everything looks good. We just found out I am a CF carrier though so DH has to get tested tomorrow (about 2 weeks for results). My midwife thinks that if DH is a carrier then my DD's sweat test was wrong I'm freaking out a little and want to know what DH is. I hate waiting for lab results! I'm hoping that by him being half Japanese that his chances of being a carrier are a little less than the typical Caucasian (which is 1 in 25 or 1 in 29).

3. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Finfan: do you have any gender guesses? I keep doing all those old wives tails and coming up with the same thing so cannot wait to see if they are right!

I asked for my anatomy scan to be a scheduled awhile <--- and they just called June 30!

4. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@anbanan15: I think it might be a boy? But that might be wishful thinking since I'd love to have one of each and we are 90% sure this is our last baby. Another girl would be great (I'm the younger of two girls myself!) This pregnancy definitely feels different than my daughter though.

I don't really believe in the old wives tales but the heartbeat one says girl and the "Chinese gender prediction" chart said boy.

5. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Finfan: My fetal heartrate was 168 at 9 weeks and he is still a boy! Dont give up boy hope! Haha.

6. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Finfan: I don't really either but I think they can be fun! Chinese gender, baking soda test, the hair line one, DS and HR all say girl so who knows. We have one of each so either would be fine, but another girl would be nice since these two will have (almost) the same birthday, share a room and we have so much nip clothing from DD because she has always been super tiny that we can hopefully get to use (I still have all of DS's clothing though so that doesn't really matter).

7. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@anbanan15: Really hoping the best for you on the CF test

I got my harmony results back yesterday, and we are having a little girl! I'm so happy that my DD will have a little sister, as I never had one and was always so jealous (they will probably hate each other hehee) This babe will be the 6th girl in a row born in hubby's family, so I am imagining the deluge of ANOTHER girl comments, to which I will tell people to F off

8. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FannyMae: Congrats on another girl! I always wanted a sister too! Glad your DD will get one!

Thank you. I just saw that my MFM anatomy scan was also scheduled with a genetic counselor appointment that makes me nervous! I know with DD only the u/s was scheduled (DS was not done at mfm).

9. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@FannyMae: Congrats!

@anbanan15: I'm sorry that the CF came back with you as a carrier. I'll be thinking of you and DH and praying for a negative on his end. Do you think they could have preemptively scheduled with the genetic counselor in case DH is a carrier as well?

10. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@wrkbrk: thanks, LOL! I don't think I would have "gender disappointment" but I would love to have the first boy grandchild for my parents (this will be grand baby #3).

11. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Hoots: I'm hoping that's why. My midwife seemed concern that he would be because of the instance rate (it's like 1 in 25) and because there was question about my DD having some conditions that overlap with CF or CF. her sweat test was negative but my midwife is concerned that if DH is a carrier that that test was wrong I just want to know. So my thoughts were either she scheduled the appointment just in case or maybe just talk to them because of DD (we have some genetics tests waiting for results for her and my midwife said to let me know if/when we find anything out genetically because we may need to do some tests for this baby, but we haven't heard anything yet and probably will not until Aug).

12. Imabee

grape / 89 posts

We got our verifii results today--it's a boy! I think I always kind of imagined myself having a girl so I am still sort of getting used to the idea. I am excited, though!

The first thing my MIL said when we told her was "You have to promise us you'll try for a girl." Oh well! At least everything looks good and baby is healthy

13. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Imabee: Congrats on your boy!

14. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Imabee: Congrats!

15. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Imabee: yay congratulations! Its funny how once you find out, you kinda need to get used to what you're having. Prior to finding out I felt like the baby was just "a baby" without thinking that its either a boy or a girl! Now I keep thinking about how many bags of clothes I have to take down and sort through hahaha

also - boo to the mother in law! lol I'm expecting to hear *try for a boy* quite a bit this time around

16. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Imabee: Congrats! Me too! We too thought it would be easier with a girl but now that we have settled on the idea of a boy it's great! Boo to your MIL's comment! People suck

17. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Imabee: Congrats!!

18. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@Imabee: congratulations! I love love love having a son!

Also, what's up with comments like your MIL's??

19. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@wrkbrk: hooray for sweet boys!!

20. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

I had my 16-week appointment yesterday. I thought we would get a peek at the baby, but it looks like we'll have to wait for the 20-week anatomy scan in early July. The baby's heartbeat sounded nice and strong (and fast according to my midwife, but I didn't think to ask how fast.) I'm only doing the second trimester genetic screening, so I should see the results of the blood test soonish.

I also got a surprise lecture from a hospital social worker because I marked "daily" on a form when asked, "How often did you consume alcoholic beverages before getting pregnant?" I added a note "one drink with dinner." Ladies-- learn from my mistake and LIE! To hospitals, one drink with dinner BEFORE pregnancy apparently = probable alcoholic. I know the hospital has to be cautious, but I'm kicking myself for being too forthcoming on my forms.

21. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@sometimesshesings: I'd have been all like "b!tch pleeeze! I'm mediterranean! This is discrimination!". Buttheads. The social worker probably downs a bottle of vino a night to deal with shit procedural stuff they have to harass mums-to-be with!

22. Imabee

grape / 89 posts

@Finfan: @Hoots: @FannyMae: @wrkbrk: @anbanan15: @sometimesshesings:Thanks so much, ladies! We are excited. DH told me MIL later asked again if the test for gender was "100% accurate". Oy. I get that they already have two grandsons, but this is our first child. I love MIL, but sometimes I wish she'd realize that this baby is not all about her

@sometimesshesings: Oh no, surprise lectures sound like no fun. I probably wouldn't have thought anything of being totally honest on the form either if the question is about *before* you got pregnant! That's a trap

23. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@FannyMae: haha!! My husband and I were joking about what I *should* have said to freak her out. "Oh, don't worry! Now that I'm pregnant, I've cut back from a whole glass of wine to teeny tiny vodka shots after each meal..."

@imabee: yes! Totally a trap!

24. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

I *may* have spent $400 on baby stuff in the last 24 hours after doing my preliminary clean up of stored clothes Bonds was having a 40% off online sale and I bought a "few" bodysuits/onesies and leggings/cardigan sets. Then today I went to the local baby shop and stocked up on new Love to Dream swaddlers in the "Lite" version as I didn't have any smalls. I bought some baby nighties and new hats/socks too. I'm pretty much set for newborn-3 months now I think I still want to pick up some traditional muslin wraps, I'm thinking of ordering the aden + anais bamboo ones online.

In other news...... (TMI) my boobs have started leaking already at 15 weeks. eeeek! I need to find my old cotton breast pads!

25. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: I want to buy stuff all the time!! But everyone keeps telling me I'm going to get so much stuff from friends and family from showers and stuff since it's my first. But I am such a planner...I don't want to wait until October for all of this stuff, I'm ready to get everything done now!! Lol.

26. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@sometimesshesings: LOL!!!!

27. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Miss Sarah @fannymae I can't wait to find out whether baby is a boy or a girl. If it's a boy, I will be shopping soooooo much (probably a lot of second-hand because I love the challenge!). But if it's a girl, I only need a new crib mattress basically.

28. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Miss Sarah: people did buy me stacks of clothes etc, but you know what? I constantly wished I had just bought what I wanted from the beginning in styles that I liked rather than a mish-mash of diferent styles of clothes that other people thought were cute. I kept almost everything and now I'm going "nope! nope! nope!". Baby showers/registries are a rarity here, in fact I've only ever been to one shower. Close relatives might buy you the big gifts, but most people will bring a small gift/money when the baby is actually born. Mum said she will give me $$ to buy whatever I want this time - last time she bought the crib.

Also - after spending $400 I'm kind of crapping myself that the harmony might have been wrong and I'll be stuck with girl clothes. I already opened the love to dream swaddlers, but I'm keeping the tags on the pinkish stuff until after my next ultrasound!!

29. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@FannyMae: my 2.5-year-old randomly asked to nurse yesterday, which made me wonder if I'm producing milk, too! I started leaking (on one side!?) around 25 weeks last pregnancy. Crazy bodies...

30. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

Eek! My Owlet came in the mail today! I'm super excited as we ordered this as soon as I got a positive HPT. It was when they were still doing pre-orders and hadn't announced a ship date yet, and we just wanted to get on the list in hopes we'd have close to when LO arrived!

Also ordered our car seat today as amazon had a crazy sale (for all of like 5 minutes)! Apparently Babylist emails you if something on your registry with them has a price change, which is super helpful!

31. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@Hoots: That's really cool, I had never seen that before!

32. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Hoots: What is it???

33. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@wrkbrk: It's a baby monitor that alerts you if your baby's oxygen levels and heart rate go too low. Basically, a really cute pulse oximeter.

https://www.owletcare.com/

34. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Hoots: very cool!!!

35. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Hoots: thats so groovy!

I found a local baby warehouse sale today and managed to pick up the aden + anais bamboo swaddles & blanket that I was looking for at 30% off. hooray for sunday!

36. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FannyMae: Ohhh love A&A! Especially their crib sheets!

@Hoots: I never heard of that before and had to look it up. I want one!

37. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Hoots: That is so cool! I've never heard of it before.

@anbanan15: I agree with you on the crib sheets. They are the best!

I have totally not kept up lately as school is wrapping up, we're finishing a remodel, getting ready to move, and DH is in the middle of a grad class. Ahhh! I can't wait until it all slows down.

Hope everyone is doing well!

38. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Want! And I think I've talked DH into it!

39. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@anbanan15: @Miss Sarah: I've had my eye on it for since before we started TTC. I can't remember how I found out about it, but I knew I'd feel much better if we had one and the pulse oximeter seems like it would be much more reliable than the other things on the market. They literally just started shipping, so there might be a bit of a wait.

40. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Anyone else having round ligament pain? I've noticed it like crazy lately, especially sneezing or coughing. Oww!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee