Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Moms

1. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@sarahnicole218: mine will be in 2 weeks (april 8th), hoping I don't go crazy by then! can't wait to see some ultrasound pics pop up in this thread!

2. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@wrkbrk: @Hoots: Good luck tomorrow!

3. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@JennyG: thank you!!!! super nervous - no idea what to expect since we've never done this before!

4. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: @hoots: good luck today ladies!!

I've been a little absent because I have not been feeling well at all and scrolling through the boards makes me nauseous!! Hopefully I'll be better soon and can participate more!

5. Imabee

grape / 89 posts

Hi ladies! It still doesn't quite feel real to me since I got a BFP last week--I feel kind of in limbo just waiting until my first doctor's appointment!

EDD: Around 11/30/2015
    How far along: About 5 weeks
    First child? .Yep!
    First doctor appointment: April 13
    Any symptoms so far: I've been completely exhausted (lack of caffeine isn't helping!) Otherwise, just some light cramps.
    Who have you told? Only DH and I know right now, and I have no idea how long we can keep that up. It's only been a few days and it feels impossible at this point not to tell people! I'd like to get through my first doctor's appointment to make sure things look okay before we tell our parents. His parents especially are super eager for another grandbaby and would be completely thrilled, so I'm a little wary of telling them and getting them emotionally involved before I have a little more reassurance.

6. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

So far, so good! Gestational sac and yolk sac are present. Doctor thought she saw a fetal pole but couldn't pinpoint it up close because it's so early. I go back next Tuesday morning to for another ultrasound.

7. EBSC

cherry / 178 posts

@Hoots: congrats! that's great news!

8. EBSC

cherry / 178 posts

@Imabee: welcome! I think we're due around the same time, happy to have another late-November mama on here!

9. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: Thank you! I hope you feel better soon!

10. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Hoots: Woot! Sounds like a great report!!

11. Imabee

grape / 89 posts

@EBSC: Thanks, me too All of us with late November due dates are probably all just finding out now! I've only been keeping it a secret for like 5 days and it's already driving me crazy.

12. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Woohoo!

I think nausea is starting to set in with me...blech! I am so not complaining, because it is absolutely worth it, but I do hope I can find good remedies so work isn't too interrupted and so I can enjoy our vacation next week!

@wrkbrk: Can't wait to hear your results!

13. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

Just back from the ultrasound! Everything looked great! HB was 120 and baby is measuring exactly 6wk4d. We are so so so relieved and happy. RE wants us back in two weeks and that's it! After that, I only see my OB. Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!!
    ETA: It was absolutely insane to hear the heartbeat. I know everyone goes through it but until it's YOU the first time you can't know how cool it is!!!!

14. EBSC

cherry / 178 posts

@Imabee: Agree completely! Thank goodness for the boards.

@wrkbrk: Hurray! That's FANTASTIC news! So glad everything went well.

15. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@EBSC: THANK YOU!

16. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Imabee: congratulations and welcome
    @Hoots: fantastic news, sending you good vibes!
    @wrkbrk: heartbeat time!! amazing, great news
    @sarahnicole218: i'm 6 weeks tomorrow, and nausea has started in earnest. been up all night tossing and turning, feeling palpitations and dizziness. my tummy was churning when I got up, and I haven't managed to brush my teeth yet. the true test, if I manage to do it without gagging!

17. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@FannyMae: thank you so much! i hope you start feeling better soon. my re told me today just nibble on crackers every hour or so throughout the day!!

18. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@wrkbrk: hehe thanks, based on previous experience it will get much worse before it gets better. I was taking zofran with my first pregnancy, and with my miscarriage last year I started taking it at 8 weeks. its a yucky feeling but hopefully it means things are moving along

19. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: Yay!! So happy to hear good news!!

What's everyone doing to help alleviate their morning sickness? I'm trying to eat lots of small meals throughout the day, drink a lot of water, suck on hard candies and am using magnesium oil. Anyone have any other tips? I'm getting desperate and am only 7 weeks!

20. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: Thank you!! I have heard sucking on mints is helpful. My RE also said ginger products (tea, candy), and also smelling something lemon. I hope you feel better.

21. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@FannyMae: Ugh I hope the zofran works in that case!!!

22. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@EBSC: @wrkbrk: @sarahnicole218: @FannyMae: Thanks, ladies!

@wrkbrk: Yay! Glad everything is looking good!

23. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: Awesome sauce! So soooo happy to hear everything was great! I can't wait to hear my litttle bean's heartbeat...hopefully on Thursday!

24. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Hoots: Thanks SO much!!

25. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@sarahnicole218: It was SO cool. What month/day will you be on Thursday? I bet you will see and hear it!!!

26. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: Same due date as you, so I'll be exactly 7 weeks on Thursday. I am kind of bigger around my waist, so I wonder if it will be harder to hear it.

27. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Hoots: @wrkbrk: Yay for great appointments!!

@sarahnicole218: For my first LO, they did a transvaginal ultrasound the first time and that's how we heard the heartbeat. Good luck on Thursday!

28. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@sarahnicole218: oh yeah duh!!! Good luck! It's going to be awesome!!

29. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@JennyG: TY!!!

30. Imabee

grape / 89 posts

@FannyMae: Thanks!
    @peaches1038: I was coming on to ask the same thing! I'm only about 5 weeks but I've started to feel some nausea.

I usually go to workout classes every morning, but I feel like this is slowing me down already! Today was the first workout where I was feeling a bit sick and not like my normal self

31. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@JennyG: Good to know, I'm sure it will be Transvaginal, so yay!

As for my MS...it really just comes and goes. No puking yet, and if I nibble on some saltines, it usually passes. I am definitely losing my appetite though. No strong aversions to particular foods, just a general apathy for food! Haha.

32. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

Anybody having major symptoms yet? At 5 weeks I've got nothing and I am enjoying it while it lasts! I do, however keep feeling weird pressure but at 5 weeks there is no way this baby if big enough to be causing it. I'm blaming it on gas.

We have an appt set up for our ultrasound and exam on the 22. That feels so far away!!!

33. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

6 weeks today... cannot keep my eyes open. I've dozed off a few times while DD has been playing in the family room. cup of tea and toast has pepped me up a bit though. boobs are starting to hurt (wierd, last time was from 12DPO). that churny tummy feeling is getting stronger ugh.
    @Mrs Hedgehog: I'm feeling that pressure, bloaty gassiness too, my pot belly is puffed up!

34. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: 5w6d and no symptoms. I can't remember exactly when they started with DD, but if I remember correctly it was much later in the first tri that I had any really symptoms and then things got real fun!

My first appointment isn't until early May! Seems like forever away!!

35. Ashleigh3388

coffee bean / 47 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog -- 7 weeks 5 days- so tired all day long, like can't stop yawning, then as soon as I go lay down I can't sleep! Still have the queasy about to get sick feeling a few times A day. ( preggie pops for the win!). Also, the bloat is way out of control. I know they say baby #2 shows faster but geez!

Can someone give me an update on what usually happens at your first OB appt? It's been so long I don't even remember what they did last time /-:

36. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Ashleigh3388: i'm not sure if its different in the US, but for me I have only 1 OB that I see who also delivered my daughter (do others see a few if they are in a practice? i'm not sure). He will ask the date of my LMP, and then straight into the side room for a trans vag ultrasound and to see if the fetal size corresponds with my LMP date (last time we were off by 2 weeks). then he will probably ask how i'm feeling health wise etc, order a blood test to check all the usual things (iron, vit d, rubella chicken pox etc etc). i'm not sure if he will send me for betas straight off the bat, unless he suspects a problem. then I will get an info pack with costs/ultrasound bookings/hospital bookings from the front desk.

How much do you usually end up out of pocket for your OB? I have private health cover, but it covers the cost of your hospital stay NOT the private OB. His fees with my daughter were about $3000 (all consultations and delivery attendance) and I got back $900 on Medicare, and then ultrasounds are about $200 each with over $100 back. I definitely thought it was worth it though, and I've built a good relationship with him since then.

37. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

I'm going to sound like such a newbie, but it is my first pregnancy after two years TTC. 7 weeks today and heading in for my U/S in an hour...but all of my symptoms have dissapated and I'm not feeling hopeful. My boobs don't hurt all and have kind of "deflated." No nauseau, no frequent urination, no bloating or constipation. I know I'll find out soon enough, but I am expecting the worst.

38. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

FX for you, it may just be your mind playing tricks. With DS I was convinced I was losing him at 6.5 weeks due to cramping, spotting, and decrease in my early symptoms. I didn't have an ultrasound until 8 weeks but there was a bouncing little gummy bear then. Let us know how it goes

39. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@sarahnicole218: Fingers crossed so much for you. I know exactly how you feel. I hope you get the reassurance you need today. Good luck!!

40. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@clover: @JennyG: Thank you for your well wishes. All was good, so if course I feel stupid for overreacting!

Today, I am 7 weeks, little bean measured 7w1d! Heart rate was 140bpm! Released by RE today, so next appt is with OB on April 24th.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee