Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

I was able to have surgery yesterday and it wasn't too bad. They gave me the same prescriptions as I had after my C-section three months ago. I will be off work for a whole week, which in theory would be fine so I can spend more time with my girls but in too much discomfort right now.

My doctor recommended Nuvaring (did not appeal to me) or the pill. So we are going back to the pil.

2. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Finfan: Glad the surgery went well! I read your full post on the experience... scary stuff! Between your story and the one on the blog recently, I don't think I'll be considering an IUD. Hope you get your strength back soon!

How is being back at work going for everyone? I go back on Feb 23, and have mixed feelings - excited for adult conversation but dreading daycare for baby.

I'm also really anxious and scared about the potential of a 4 month sleep regression, and hating that the work/daycare transition is going to happen right before that time. Wish I lived somewhere with a 6-12 month maternity leave!!

3. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Finfan: Ugh I just saw your post about the surgery! So glad its over and I wish you a speedy recovery!

@AggieDaze: Me too. I go back on the 22nd. I am a lot sadder than I thought I would be after 12-13 weeks at home (which I have never had before of course - it seemed like forever before it started!). It has all gone too quickly and I cannot imagine not seeing the nugget for 9+ hours a day.

4. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@wrkbrk: Does DW start her parental leave as soon as you go back?

DH is going to take some time with the baby so he doesn't have to go to daycare right away. I'm so happy he's doing it, but I'm kind of nervous for him too. He is GREAT with our toddler, but the baby is a bit difficult.... he can't whip out a boob when all else fails and honestly I think baby and I are just more comfortable with each other because he was in my womb for 10 months and I've been on maternity leave for 3 months. I know he'll figure it out, I just hope it's enjoyable for him and that he doesn't get too frustrated!

5. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@AggieDaze: Yes! She's already started it in fact - the semester begun about a month ago and she's off all spring and summer so DS will go to day care in August. It makes it better for sure but I'm still sad to leave the cozy nest!!! So great that your DH gets to stay hope for a bit! I bet he'll love it.

6. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@AggieDaze: @wrkbrk: Thanks, ladies. I feel OK. Mostly it was a sucky thing to go through and I'm not looking forward to seeing the bills. I hope your transitions back to work go well! I'm planning on going back (again!) Tuesday as long as my healing keeps up a good pace.

I'm so sad about it because, up until this happened, the Mirena was by far my favorite type of birth control.

7. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Finfan: It really stinks to have to try a different BC when you're used to one. Hope your healing continues and that your return to work Tuesday goes well!

8. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Finfan: I'm glad to hear you are on the mend!!

I've been back to work for 2 weeks and it's been going pretty well. DS has a nasty cold that started on Sunday so he missed daycare today. He usually stays home on Wednesdays with DH. He's probably not going to go tomorrow either. And bc he hasn't been eating well, I have mastitis. Ugh. I feel like I've been hit by a bus. It was going so well before this!!! I'm sure you'll all have an easier time since the littles aren't going to daycare right away!

9. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: @Finfan: I got my tattoo!

10. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@wrkbrk: I love it!!

11. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@wrkbrk: So cool. I need one just to remember his birth date! For some reason, his due date comes to mind easier than his actual birth date!

12. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@AggieDaze: Haha when my first was born, I ordered her birth announcements accidentally with her due date as her birthday but she came 5 days later. I didn't realize until they showed up in the mail. I had spent so long fixated on that day that I still have to think about her real birthday even nearly 4 years later.
    DD2's due date moved around a little and she came 7 days before the due date we eventually settled on.

13. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

cute tatt! glad I'm not the only one that still remembers due dates and gets them confused for birthdays eek!

14. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: Oh I love it!!

15. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Finfan: @FannyMae: @AggieDaze: @Miss Sarah: Thanks ladies!!@peaches1038: I'm sorry Hank is sick! Two seconds in daycare ... Ugh!

16. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: so nice!!! I also frequently say his due date haha

We had to take DS to the ER on Thursday night. His breathing was fast and labored. He was diagnosed with rsv and bronchiolitis. We have to give him an inhaler every 4 hours but he seems much better today. I also got mastitis on Thursday bc he wasn't nursing well. It's been a rough rough week

17. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: holy hell! i am so so sorry!!!!

18. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: thanks daycare germs are no joke

19. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@peaches1038: I'm sorry! Daycare germs are definitely no joke. Claire is sick AGAIN! And this time, she's very mucousy and not breathing well. I can't sleep right now because I'm nervous about her...

20. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@peaches1038: oh my gosh you poor things, I hope he improves quickly we are in the heat of summer here, I'm dreading when winter comes and first sicknesses.

I almost threw my pump out the window last night it annoyed me so badly. I usually pump one side during the night because LO only eats one side as I'm always engorged by 5am and she gets a full tummy quickly. So I have to get up and pump the other side before my boob explodes - my medela pump somehow started pumping milk into the tubing and almost into the motor. I think it was because I used the different connector than the one I normally use. Cue 5 am fumbling in the kitchen trying to wash it out, I dropped a piece and the dog next door head it and started howling the rest of the morning GRRRRR.

I've slowly been amassing a freezer stash, at the moment I have 13 bags at 120ml each, and I think I'm getting a bit obssessed about pump/having milk in the fridge at all times/freezing. Gotta calm that anxiety down, I think its because I'm worried that she won't have milk if I'm not home - with the first I formula fed and I could leave her at any time and know she was fed. Need to just chill out a bit.

21. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@peaches1038: @Miss Sarah: Hope your LOs are on the mend soon! Poor babies.

22. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Anyone have new pictures of their little valentines? My mom has been continuing to practice her photography, so Claire is often the subject (and I love it!). Here she is a couple days ago at 12 weeks! The original files are too big, so these are my Instagram versions.

23. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: Absolutely precious! One I took yesterday (12 weeks tomorrow)!

24. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: he's looking so grown up! Isn't it crazy seeing their little personalities develop?! I start Claire will be 18 tomorrow!

25. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: @Miss Sarah: they are so so sweet!!

Here's our little valentine! On the road to recovery and finally feeling a bit better

26. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@peaches1038: Adorable! I'm hoping Claire is hitting the peak today. It's been terrible... She keeps choking on the mucus. How long was your little guy sick?

27. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: For real though. He's basically a toddler already!!!

@peaches1038: OMG so cute. So glad he's feeling better!

28. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Miss Sarah: oh poor girl! The mucus is awful. he started getting sick last Sunday. He is still coughing a lot and we have to give him an inhaler every four hours or he starts to have really labored breathing again. The ER dr said rsv usually lasts 10-14 days. I hope little Claire is on the mend soon!

29. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@peaches1038: So scary, hope he recovers quickly!

30. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Miss Sarah and @peaches1038: so sorry to hear your LOs are sick. I hope they both recover quickly. I am so dreading daycare germs. Our first got sick constantly when he started at 3 months. It finally slowed down after around 12 months for us; but I was taking sick time at least once a month for awhile.

Has anyone's sleep gone terribly downhill??? LO had been sleeping a 6 hour stretch and then a 3 hours stretch and sometime 1-2 hours more. But, now I'm lucky if I get 5 hours from him and since he goes to sleep at 7/7:30 that means I'm getting even less sleep than I did previously. He's also waking up a lot more throughout the night. At first, I thought it was 12 week growth spurt but now I'm not so sure. A lot of times, the only way I can calm him is to offer the breast... But then, he doesn't even suck like he is hungry. At the beginning of the night, he typically falls asleep either by himself or with me patting his back (on his side in crib and then I lower him to his back). Sometimes he goes ahead and sleeps his long stretch just fine after falling asleep, and sometimes he wakes up at the 45 minute mark and continues to do that until we hold him completely asleep and set him down (did this for 2 hours up and down yesterday evening).

31. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

I go back to work in the morning (again!) after surgery. Can I ask what everyone is doing for birth control, if anything. For now I'm sticking with the pill (doc gave me a 3-month supply of Lo Loesterin FE) but my OB also suggested Nuvaring. I'm also curious about the patch.

32. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Loves, I've created a secret Facebook group that we should all join! That way we can continue to post pictures and it will feel a little bit more private. We can also discuss anything on there and only we can see it. You just have to request to join and then message me who you are!
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/779239465540117?ref=bookmarks

33. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Miss Sarah: Great idea but the link says I don't have permission to view the page so I can request to join!

34. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Finfan: oh! Let me fix it

35. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Finfan: ok, try again.

36. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Finfan: we are just doing condoms. Not the most convenient but I didn't want my body to adjust to the mini pill (I'm BF) and then adjust to a different pill when I stop, and then readjust to no pill if we go for a third (which I really want to at some point).

37. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@AggieDaze: our sleep is horrible but im really hoping it's just because he's sick. He is 14 weeks so I know the four month regression might be coming soon.

@Finfan: I got the mirena so I know that's not an option for you. Hope you find a good fit!

@Miss Sarah: awesome idea!

38. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Miss Sarah: ok, I sent a request but it doesn't tell me who the group owner is so I can't message you.

39. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Finfan: you're in now!

40. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Miss Sarah:

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee