Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@CedarMagnolia:

Appt went well today! Saw the heartbeat flickering away at 156bpm. Yayy. Totally confused on what I should do about the tests offered! With Lo1 I only remember one test call amniocentesis (I think) and my hubby and I decided against it because well, if bad news that's a tough reality. Now I'm caught in between due to actually being aware of it all.

I felt silly because I wasn't aware blood was going To be taken and I haven't been able to (buy)drink water since yesterday (broke my fridge water oops!) so I was poked and prodded with a couple needles and left with 4 bandaids. It's not rare that it happens but today was definitely not one of the better experiences.
    so @rara0614: I feel your pain!

Glucose testing and next appt is May 13.
    I wish we could get sonograms with every appt!!

@Goldengirl: I've had to make a similar decision myself, and the only thing that keeps me going is that I know tomorrow is not guaranteed so might as well do what what is best for me and the family.

Now I'm off to read this hospital packet!

2. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: you and me both! I'm going to have to go public soon, my blump is going to give me away! I know it's bloat, but it looks legit, I guess that's what happens with your third kid!

3. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@LAZB: @delight: Right there with you ladies - my belly totally pooches out at night, it's ridiculous!

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@M4mi: so glad you had a great appointment!
    @LAZB: @PinkElephant: glad I'm not the only one with a little belly. I just need to hide for one more week. I can do that.

5. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

My appointment went well! I measured 7w2d. I was one day off! New date is Nov. 28. They were trying to say that I'd be 9 weeks and some. I was like, ok measure me! They couldn't find the baby for a good 30 seconds and my heart was beating out of my throat. But then suddenly it was there with a little flickering heart beat! They didn't measure HR yet but they probably will at my next appointment in 3 weeks. Shit just got real!

6. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@littlebear16 & @kes18 thanks for the insights! My symptoms actually came back with a vengeance the last couple of days. I get SO yucky feeling and nauseated when I'm hungry. I've been waking up in the middle of the night ravenous.

@m4mi yay congrats! I moved down a day, but I'll still be EDD buddies!

7. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight nice bump! I'm excited for mine. I usually have to unbutton my pants at work to let my belly breathe.

8. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@delight: First bump pic! Love it!
    @M4mi: So glad you had a good appointment! You're having a glucose test that early? I remember having it around 26 week with DD.
    @Plainpistachio: Hi baby! Glad you had a good appointment. I also get nauseous when I'm hungry. I actually usually feel the best while I'm eating. Afterwords I feel sick again!

9. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@Plainpistachio: ha they moved me to the 28th as well! Congrats on a great scan! Lol you said it right shit sure did just get real!

@delight: I'm down to 2 pairs of jeans and had to purchase yoga pants galore to be able to leave the house!

10. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@littlebear16: Yes! Because I'm overweight now (borderline apparently, I gained 40lbs in the last year) and I'm experiencing so much fatigue. I had to sign an obesity warning form...Lol I thought that was interesting.

11. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@M4mi: Ah, I see. That stinks that you have to take the test when you'll possibly still nauseous! I had no problem with it last time, but It would be a little harder this early!

12. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@littlebear16: it's at 1pm but not fasted. She said nothing too sugary before the test is all. Hopefully it won't be too bad. But being nauseous feels like the norm so much I'm actually happy as long as I'm not gagging.

13. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@littlebear16: ugh I shudder thinking about the glucose test. I felt awful all day after that stupid drink.
    @M4mi: I was reading about the glucose test recently and it was mentioned that you could either drink one of the drinks or eat 20 jelly beans! Haha! Have you heard of this?! I would totally go the jelly bean route! Oh, and I'm totally in my maternity pants already.
    @Plainpistachio: great appointment!! I'll update the list later today. Sorry you had that little scare of not seeing the babe right away. do you want your EDD changed on the list?

3 am...... Pregnancy insomnia is real!

14. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@delight: I am totally inquiring about that when I go back. I'd go with jellybeans too Lol!

15. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@M4mi: That's not so bad. I stupidly made my appointment at 2 for the test and didn't wake up early enough for breakfast! Seems counterproductive to tell a pregnant woman not to eat!

16. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@delight: Yes, unisom is over the counter. I picked some up yesterday but then realized they were the geltabs and for some reason I don't know if those are approved. So now I have to go hunt down some regular tablets.
    If I don't have good posture I have like a permanent 16-18week bump lol. It just never went away last time (even though I weigh the same as before)! Luckily my work pants I have all switched over to betabrand due to said leftover bump (pants are always digging into my tummy) so they have no button/zipper and still fit great although I am only 8w. Hoping to wear them as long as possible because I love them.

@Goldengirl: good luck with the job hunt! It's scary, with my first I found out I was pregnant the day after I put in my two weeks to start another job

@M4mi: awesome news on the heartbeat!

@Plainpistachio: woohoo! awesome scan! Good thing you knew you weren't really that far along, I know lots of women don't understand how the dating thing really works if you don't ovulate on day 14 or around that day so they can get freaked out when they're not measuring what they "should" have been.

17. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight yes please change it. You're so right about insomnia. I wake up between 3-5 every night and many times I cannot fall asleep for a while or again at all.
    @m3mi lol perfect! We could have little turkeys!
    @kes18 exactly! I said that same thing to my husband. The first three months of trying, I didn't track anything with my cycles. I told him, if I'd ovulated cycle day 33 I'd never have known and I'd have been so freaked out that the baby was measuring small. I'd also have been confused about why I wasn't getting a period but was testing negative all those days past ovulation.
    @littlebear16 thanks! You should see the hunger arsenal I brought to work today. A pile of food. Operation: don't get hungry so you won't gag...

I don't like my CNM that I was assigned (I go to an HMO). She was very odd and clueless. She had to call the MD in because she couldn't get a good view of the baby. I feel like if that's what you do all day, shouldn't you be good at it? She was just very scatterbrained and strange. I hope I can pick someone else. At my place, you don't get a MD unless you're over 35 or have complications. But everyone was very impressed that I knew my due date better than they did. It must be rare for women to know when they ovulated!

18. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/7 {#3}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Teacherbee - 11/14 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/20 {#1}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    M4mi - 11/29 {#2}
    Littlebear16 - 11/30 {#2}

19. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@delight: you're faking me out, I thought you were posting a Panorama update : )

20. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@winniebee: lol sorry. Just updating our list!

Speaking of which, anything else need changing ladies?

21. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@CedarfMagnolia: My first pregnancy we had an OBGYN that had a midwife on staff and they were a wonderful team. I loved that we had the OB in case of any complications but since I was low risk I was mostly seen by the midwife. The birth was a whole different story, but I'll leave that for another day We are moving in a few weeks (an hour away) so although my first appt with be with my old OB I'm assuming I'll want to change to a doctor who is closer. Wanting to stick with the OB/midwife combo and the hospital near our new house supposedly has a great program and even has volunteer doulas.

22. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@Plainpistachio: Oh man the insomnia has been tough. I haven't slept well in several nights, coupled with my almost 2 year old waking up at 5:30. I feel like a bit of a zombie. And also waking up feeling nauseous in the middle of the night is new for me-- I can't remember experiencing this the last go around

23. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight Love the bump! I'm in maternity pants too and thank God because I missed them so much.

@kes18 my bump is about to give me away too! I have lost weight from being sick all the time but my tummy looks ginormous!

Does anyone else feel like they are WAY WAY WAY more pregnant looking on their second (or third, etc) kid? For my first pregnancy I was in regular clothes for 6 months and I'm 11 weeks in maternity already! Not that I'm complaining- I'm sooo comfy lol.

24. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@caterw: haha. Just a little while ago my daughter hugged my belly and said 'aww the baby so bigg" I'm only 7 weeks. Lol

25. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

My genetic counsellor just called with Panorama results and it is a healthy baby, low risk across the board! Such a relief! I asked her not to tell me gender today.

26. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@delight: 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

27. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@delight: SQUEE! Thrilled for you. I know that's a huge relief.

28. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@caterw: haha...it's not so much that I'm much bigger than normal as much as I have a layer of fat on my stomach that didn't used to be there. So I've got like a permanent little pooch. So I already look like how I did with my first at 15-16weeks normally lol. Even though I weigh the same. GRRRR. I am still in regular clothes (hair tie for my jeans) but my work pants have no zippers or buttons so I figure they will last another few months!! They are awesome

@delight: great news!! yay! When are you having them give you the gender news??

29. rara0614

pea / 11 posts

@delight: Yay, so happy you got good news!! I was hoping this would be here when I logged in this morning!

@M4MI: That's too cute. I'm also jealous, at 11 weeks I'm still in that awkward stage where it just looks like I've had one too many breakfast burritos.

30. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@delight: Yay! Great news.

31. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Thanks ladies I'm so happy!!
    @kes18: we aren't sure about finding out gender. I was keen on it but now that I know babe is healthy I am happy to wait. I think DH wants to wait. We were team green with our first and it was wonderful. If we do find out I'll just have my counsellor put it in an envelope and maybe we will open on Mother's Day. I am in no rush.

32. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@delight: So happy for you!!

33. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@rara0614: haha! It would be cute but my belly is more fat than baby. She's just not accustomed to it and I really don't mind the excuse.

34. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: so exciting, congratulations!!

35. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@caterw: I definitely look way more pregnant, but that's what having three babies in less than three years will do I guess!

36. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight yay! great news! congrats! You exercise good restraint on the gender!

I'm definitely not showing. It's my first and I'm not even 8 weeks yet. But I feel like my eating habits are going to tip off my coworkers. I've been doing a 10:00 bagel everyday because I'm starvvvving.

37. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@delight: stalking big time. So happy for you!!

38. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I have been lurking for a few weeks and finally feel ready to join you ladies

EDD: 11/28/16

How far along: 7 weeks

First child? Nope, this is baby #3 for our family. DD1 is almost 4.5 years old (11/11/11). DD2 died 13 hours after she was delivered due to complications from polycystic kidney disease (11/13/14).

First doctor appointment: We conceived via IVF bc I had my tubes tied following DD2 bc here was no just way I could have another baby if the condition was hereditary with any chance of happening again. So we did IVF with embryo testing. We only ended up two embryos suitable for transfer. The first transfer failed. So this baby was our last embryo and we are so so so so happy it worked. Today was my first ultrasound and we chose to find out the sex (it's been known since Septmeber when the embryo testing was done). It's a BOY!

Any symptoms so far? So much fatigue and nausea and so much bloating. I have food aversions but not as strong as my other two pregnancies. I can eat almost anything it just makes me feel sick later. Carbs aren't working like it did with my girls. I'm living off of Greek yogurt with fiber cereal mixed in and soup with toast.

Who have you told? All my friends and family have been following our IVF journey so everyone knows. Having so much support is incredible and I am so thankful for it.

39. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@sandy:
    Btw, Nov babies are the best

40. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@sandy: Yippee! I'm so happy for you. I've been awaiting an announcement from you. Does C know? Is she excited?

ETA: I agree with @snowjewelz: November babies are pretty awesome.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee