Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@snowjewelz: @MamaG: thanks friends

2. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@sandy: Congrats! Greek yogurt is such a lifesaver for me, too. I've been finding with this pregnancy that I really need some protein in the morning, or I start feeling grumpy, starving, and a bit nauseous by 11 AM or so.

Anyone with exciting appointments coming up? I got a second peek at the babe this week because I was trying out another OB a little closer to my house to see if I liked her. She was fine, but the practice (administrative staff, waiting room, phone system, etc.) was a giant mess, so I'm sticking to the office I love a bit farther away. That means I'm headed back there on Tuesday for my NT scan - and I reeeaallllly hope they decide to do Panorama/Maternity21 for me, because I anxious to know the sex (since we're planning on this being our last baby).

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@sandy: oh my goodness, I'm so happy to see you on here! Looks like several of us have had really hard backgrounds, but I'm so happy for our new additions!

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

This bloat is out of control

5. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@sandy: I had to come in and tell you how incredibly happy I am for you! So excited about your little boy! ❤

6. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sandy: oh my goodness! I am so happy to see you here!! Congratulations!!!

7. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: I think you look awesome!!!
    @PinkElephant: so exciting that your NT is just around the corner. Mine is next week as well (Friday). I'm excited to tell the rest of our friends and family after next week. Only a few people know so far.

8. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/7 {#3}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Teacherbee - 11/14 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/20 {#1}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/29 {#2}
    Littlebear16 - 11/30 {#2}

9. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: thanks! I love the stalker love!

10. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@sandy: 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙 so happy for you!!

11. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@delight: congrats on your results!! What a relief.

12. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@lazb I love your wallpaper!!!

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@LAZB: I love that dress! Where did you get it?

14. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Goldengirl: thanks!!! How are you doing? Has the spotting stopped?

15. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@delight: I'm ok. No spotting since Monday, so it's been about a week. Hopefully it's done for good but I still keep waiting for it! I feel more confident though as the weeks go by. I've told so many people now...

16. Tasha

pea / 6 posts

New to this forum, congratulations everyone!

-----

EDD: November 12

How far along: 10 weeks

First child?: Yes

First doctor appointment: We went on April 13. Got to see the baby and the heartbeat (160bpm) I attached a picture to this post!

Any symptoms so far?: Sore boobs/nipples and I've been extra tired lately.

Who have you told?: Husband, immediate family, our two best friends and my boss.

17. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Tasha: congrats and welcome to our group! I'll update our list tonight!!! That's such a cute little scan picture!
    @Goldengirl: I'm glad the spotting has subsided!! It is such a worry. We have told quite a few too but am waiting til my NT scan Friday to go public!

18. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@delight: According to my doc the edd is 11/28 so I'm synching everything to match although I'm sure baby will come sooner ..
    @sandy: @Tasha: Yayy congrats!

19. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/7 {#3}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Teacherbee - 11/14 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}

20. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Our list is really growing! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We've been spending a lot of time outdoors. We are in South Western Ontario and we have our first warm weekend. So nice to get the patio furniture out and watch LO play with her water table. Hope you ladies are all enjoying sunshine too!

Good luck to all those who have appointments and scans this week.

21. milag64

pea / 16 posts

Joining with trepidation after early loss last time. fingers crossed!

EDD: November 28
    How far along: 8 weeks
    First child?: Yes
    First doctor appointment: last week
    Any symptoms so far?: mild nausea? maybe? it seemed to go away on the weekend, so it might be a work symptom, not a pregnancy symptom!
    Who have you told?: Husband, sister, a few close friends

22. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@sandy: congrats!!
    @PinkElephant: my appointment is not until next week (4/28) but I get an ultrasound (my first) so just hoping everything is okay. It is a loooong wait
    @LAZB: looking good!!!
    @Tasha: congrats and welcome!
    @milag64: welcome and congrats!

23. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: thank you!
    @caterw: thanks! The previous owners put it in, but I really like it!
    @avivoca: thanks! I have no idea, but probably tj maxx from a few years ago haha.
    @kes18: thank you!

24. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

Wow, lots of good news to catch up on!
    @Sandy: @Tasha: @Milag64: Hello, welcome and congratulations!! (Seems like everyone knows you already Sandy )
    Wonderful scan news @M4MI and @PlainPistachio! What a relief for you guys. So excited for all these beautiful babies
    @Delight: SOOOOO happy you got great Panorama results! You can breathe again! Baby aced that test

25. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

Thank you everyone for sharing your OB / midwife experiences! We have an appointment this week with a different midwifery, so we'll see after that if it was just the individual person we didn't jive with the first time, or maybe the midwife experience in general just isn't our bag.

We don't have any MDs / OBs we know well because we haven't lived in this country all that long, but we're trying not to stress about it and just explore what's out there. I just want to get settled with someone so I can ask them a million questions about all these different screening options! We're being encouraged to pay $500 for FTS, but just not sure if it's the right choice...

26. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@CedarMagnolia: is FTS the same as our IPS? An ultrasound at 12-13 weeks to check the nuchal translucency and blood test with another blood test around 15 weeks? It's hard making decisions about all these tests and screenings. Ours is covered by health care which is one of the reasons most of the people I know do the early screens. Hope your appointment goes well with the new midwife!
    @milag64: welcome to our group!

27. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/7 {#3}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Teacherbee - 11/14 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}

28. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Has anyone encountered Fifth Disease where you work? I go to many schools and have noticed signs posted on doors before when I wasn't pregnant so it didn't matter to me. However, today I was in a kindergarten class and the teacher told me they had 4 confirmed cases of Fifth's. She didn't know I was pregnant but was telling young woman coming to the school. I told her I was actually pregnant and she said I should leave right away. I've called my doctor and I'm going in tomorrow to take a blood test to see if I am immune. Apparently 50-60% of people are immune because we were exposed as kids. It is dangerous for pregnant women, especially in first trimester. I'm trying not to worry, I know the odds of getting it are low. I'm mad the school didn't have a sign posted on the door though warning pregnant women to be cautious.

29. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@delight: As far as I'm understanding, it's more similar to the NIPT in terms of accuracy and is done in one go at around 10-12 weeks (u/s measurements and blood test). I THINK it is slightly less accurate than NIPT for Downs, but way more accurate than SIPS, and it also screens for additional problems (not just chromasomal). You don't find out the gender with it. And I could be wrong about all of the above.

Just when I'd got to grips with IPS / SIPS and NIPT options, FTS has gone and messed me up again!

30. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@CedarMagnolia: ok I just looked it up and it is similar to our IPS (integrated prenatal screen) the only difference is that it doesn't have the second blood test at 15-16 weeks! So many different tests out there!

31. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

In the interest of having poor @delight: update the list 10,000 times in a day, I'm dipping my toe in over on this board. Since I'm juggling two crazy boys and a new business, I rarely seem to get on the boards these days, but I loved following my due date board for my second little guy (and totally would have been all over it for #1, if it were on my radar).

EDD: November 29

How far along: 8 weeks tomorrow

First child?: 4th pregnancy, hoping for baby #3!

First doctor appointment: was almost two weeks ago, and because of my previous MC, they did an early US to see what was going on in there. Saw the heartbeat, all looks excellent so far, much relief.

Any symptoms so far?: exhaustion (though I was exhausted before...so hm...), intermittent nausea, being grossed out by random foods - sometimes when I'm halfway finished eating them, looking like I'm many months pregnant already - the bloat is strong with this one

Who have you told?: Husband, immediate families, a couple of my best friends, and now HB...

So happy to join with some familiar "faces" from the board and lots of new folks too. Congrats to all - will catch up on pages 1-15 soon

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@LAZB: and you are looking great mama!

33. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsScallop: thank you friend

@winniebee: and I'm so excited for you 💙💙💙

34. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: I've never heard of this! Hope it isn't something you are going to have to worry about!

35. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: congrats!!! Looks like there are a lot of us due at the end of November!

36. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: congrats!!!! Welcome to our group!! I'll update the list this evening

37. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@delight: no rush - was totally kidding :). Thanks!!

@sandy: thank you - very happy for you too!! And congrats on the boy - they are so much fun. I'm destined for another - I think if I'm having a girl I will freak and not know what to do since I'm so knee deep in boy all the time.

38. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@Sandy @Milag64 Welcome, due date buddies! Nov. 28 is where it's at!

@Sandy, I'm in the greater Seattle area too. Sorry to hear about your second babe. Precious angel. Welcome and congrats on the baby boy! I don't know mine yet but my intuition has been leaning boy...

@LAZB great bump! Last night was the first time I thought I had something, but it was gone by this morning. Bloat bump!

@goldengirl yeah I can't stop telling people! I'm trying to reel it in a little. It was 86 degrees yesterday and we went to a BBQ and I was like "root beer, please!" My friends were like "Do this two-day run with us this summer!" I was like... No. Haha

@Tasha welcome! Lovely little gummy bear pic!

@cedarmagnolia thanks!

@Mrs. Confetti welcome! Your symptoms sound like mine. Grossed out by foods at random times. Halfway through the meal! haha so true.

I'm loving all the late Nov. additions! I was feeling a little behind the rest of the board.

39. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@delight: I never have. DD had HFM two weeks ago but luckily that seems safe for pregnancy (and I didn't get it so must be immune to that strand). I hope you don't get it! Any update from your doctor?

@Mrs. Confetti: welcome!
    @Plainpistachio: Yes, I am also towards the end of the month. Always feeling 2-3 weeks behind lol. Nice to have some more!

40. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@Delight: I've never heard of Fifths Disease either, but it looks like, as you said, the majority of women are immune to it. Then even if you aren't immune you are unlikely to have caught it. Then even IF you aren't immune AND you caught it, there is a 95% chance it would be nothing serious for you or the baby. Those sound like good odds

In any case, I agree with you about the sign!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee