Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@Plainpistachio: Our intuition has been telling us boy too! We should keep track of everyone's guesses and see how many are right

2. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

Just home from my NT scan & appointment. The fantastic news is that everything looks great! The slight letdown was that my doctor doesn't like to do NIPT/Maternity21/Panorama for women under 35 unless there's a reason for concern, which as of now, she doesn't have (which is a good thing!) I didn't push for it, because I don't feel like "I'm impatient and very type A" is a good reason, haha.

I'm a little bummed we're not finding out the sex of the baby - it'll be exciting whenever we're able to know, but I was hoping to know soon for a few reasons. First, it'll make it more concrete to announce to our two little girls that they're getting a brother or sister...second, I really wanted to be able to start going through all the clothes we've got stashed and clearing out things we don't need (and of course, shopping if it's a boy!)

3. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@cedarmagnolia I think we should keep track of guesses! I am pretty sure we are going to have another girl, but DH thinks it's a boy. We are definitely going to find out in eight weeks!

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/7 {#3}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Teacherbee - 11/14 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/20 {#1}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Mrs. Confetti - 11/29 {#3}
    Littlebear16 - 11/30 {#2}

5. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@kes18: I went today to check my immunity and should know by the end of the week. As for now, I'll just stay out of the schools that have an outbreak now!
    @CedarMagnolia: I was doing lots of research and also read that there is only a 5% chance of anything bad happening if I did catch it and there is only a small chance of catching it if I'm not already immune. My doc definitely didn't seem too concerned about it. It's just one more thing to worry about and if anything happened, I'd never forgive myself. I mean, if I continued to expose myself that is. My plan is to stay away until I know if I have immunity!

6. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

If anyone wants to volunteer to keep track of guesses that would be super! I will start adding actual genders to our chart or team green once we start all finding out. Actually I should do TG now! I have @lattelove: and @narwhal: for TG. Anyone else!? Still on the fence for me.

7. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@PinkElephant: haha I think being impatient and type A is a great reason!!

8. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PinkElephant: congrats on a great NT scan!!! Don't worry too much about not doing NIPT! It's a positive thing that you don't have any risk factors.

9. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@delight: Now that we have to wait, DH is saying lets just go team green. I was thinking more along the lines of getting a recreational scan in a few weeks, or the test @LAZB: found just for kicks...but we'll see. Maybe he can convince me. I know you're right, we are thrilled to hear things look great. It's the same thing I always said when we had to wait a long time for an appointment, even if we'd booked the first one of the day - just be thankful we aren't the ones who NEED to be seen right away this morning. We should feel blessed we don't qualify for the test, rather than feeling like we missed out.

@M4mi: right?!?!

10. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

My next appointment is next week Friday (April 29th). I will be 13 weeks. I am hoping I can talk my doctor into the blood testing. My family has history of turners and some other genetic disorders plus my father was adopted. I am not sure they will be open to doing testing since I am under 30. The struggle has been awful lately. I feel good for a couple days and get freaked out and then I have felt awful the next couple days.
    I met with Cardiology today. We discovered when I was pregnant with E that I have a leaky heart valve that gets worse as pregnancy progresses. So I have to start getting monitered now. I also have an echo on April 29th just to make sure that nothing has changed with my heart condition.

11. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@MrsRcCar: If you have risk factors and express your concerns, I bet they'll offer you the appropriate testing!

12. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

Hi everyone! Just checking in and catching up. My new thing this past week has been constipation... not fun. But hopefully that means things are still going well because I absolutely never deal with that issue!

Am going for another ultrasound tomorrow AM. Still been having incidents of on-and-off spotting (at this point I think this just might be my normal for the rest of the pregnancy), so doc said if I'm feeling anxious about it, she could send me for another ultrasound in between my last and the NT scan. So of course I said YES PLEASE! Hoping everything is looking good. Will be interesting to see the change from 2 weeks ago.

13. rara0614

pea / 11 posts

These NIPT results cannot come fast enough so, a) I can stop being such a worry wart about a healthy baby and b) I cannot wait to find out what this little peanut is. I am so impressed with the patience of people who are TG.

Also, in the last couple of days I'm pretty sure I have become the hungriest person ever. It's only 10:40 and I'm contemplating eating my lunch already.

@Goldengirl: My spotting finally stopped about a week ago and the relief was tremendous. The extra ultrasounds were a big help in trying to stay calm!

14. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@rara0614: Thanks for letting me know! Mine has definitely slowed down, this time I went a full week with nothing. It's now more like occasional brownish/pinkish CM, rather than actual spotting. I try to tell myself it's just the baby getting comfortable in there.

15. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Goldengirl: that's so wonderful that you get another scan tomorrow!! I know spotting is so stressful. My healthiest pregnancy so far with my DD, I had lots and lots of spotting. On and off throughout the pregnancy. I also found when I was constipated I spotted way more. Prune juice helps me lots with constipation even though it's super nasty.
    @rara0614: Hope you get your results soon! How long has it been? It took 8 days for me. It's hard waiting though! Some days I am happy being TG and other days I really want to know. It's kind of strange to me that my Genetic Counsellor knows the gender of my baby right now and we don't! I am going to have a talk with my DH In the next few days about it because my NT scan is Friday and I meet with my counsellor after. We may very well ask for results!
    @MrsRcCar: I think you have some legit risk factors and hopefully you can get the NIPT done!!

16. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

I've been so out of it on this board! I'm so tired and can't eat anything but cereal (I'm down 4 lbs). I've been gagging a lot more lately and work has been really busy and kind of stressful lately, plus we've been having issues with our son's daycare... They have sent us in to get notes from the doctor for NO reason lately (3x in the past month). Even our pediatrician thinks it's silly.
    Anyway, welcome to our new board additions!! Glad to know I'm not alone in feeling sick, even if it sucks! Excited to be hearing about all your second appointments! Our next one will be at 11 weeks on May 2. I'm looking forward to sharing our news after that.

Anyone else trying to figure out when to tell work? I work in a small office of all women, I'm friends with some of my coworkers, and my boss is 5 months pregnant! So I feel like I could trust them and I want to share because I feel so bad. But at the same time I know it's going to make my boss stress out a little bit about maternity leave because we have one staff person out on maternity now, then my boss in August and then me in Nov. I don't want to deal with that stress and have them immediately jump to starting to planning the leave.

17. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@lattelove I don't think you are obligated to tell your work yet!! You aren't due for months. I think once you get into the second trimester is a totally fine time to share. All the pregnant ladies should understand that, and it still gives them months to plan.

18. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

@LatteLove: I've been out of the loop too! I have some catching up to do, the group has grown SO much!! I have my own business, and work closely with two colleagues that bring me about 98% of my business, and told them last week. It went super well!

My little update - 12 weeks today! And really starting to feel more like myself, I'm sleeping better, my reflux has calmed down and my food aversions are much better (but not great).

I had my 12 week appt yesterday, and the midwife wasn't able to pick up the heartbeat yet with the Doppler which was a bummer, but we should have our screening ultrasound within the within a week or so, so I'm not too upset/anxious... otherwise it would be another month before we could try!

After our ultrasound we're going to go public! 90% of our family and friends know now, so it's just putting it out there to everyone. I probably would wait longer but I want control of when people find out (small town) and my mom is about to die from waiting to spread the word.

19. rara0614

pea / 11 posts

@delight: Its been a week, but they told me it would take two. I'm trying to convince myself to not call until next Thursday.
    @lattelove: I'm having the exact opposite struggle. I work in an office with all men and we have no maternity leave protocol in place. I want to give them enough time to find someone to cover for me while I'm gone, but I also have a review at the end of next month that I don't want to interfere with.

20. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@narwhal: happy 12 weeks! So happy to have reached this milestone. My scan is tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous but I think I felt a little bit of movement so that's a bit reassuring. It could be in my head! Congrats on making it to 12 weeks as well!
    @rara0614: hoping you hear back soon!

We have just started sharing our news (other than best friends and family). After my scan tomorrow I'll spill the beans to work. Not to be a Debbie downer but with the little girl I lost, I announced at 15 weeks on FB. After we lost her at 22 weeks, it was super awkward running into people who had seen the announcement on FB, wondering how my pregnancy was going or if I had had the baby yet. I don't think we will do any FB announcement this time.

21. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@caterw: I definitely don't feel obligated! Part of me wants to share because I wonder if it would help with everyone being more understanding of my limitations right now (Usually I work through lunch breaks, but I've been needing to nap, etc) And I've been pretty crabby lately.
    @rara0614: Yeah, if that was my situation, I'd definitely keep it to myself for a while yet! (if you can get away with it! By 12 weeks last time it was hard to hide my belly.)

22. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

Finally got a pic! Baby's measuring perfect at 9.5 weeks... so cool to actually see him/her start to look more human (vs the blob from just 2 weeks ago!). Really exciting Will be doing NIPT next week and then waiting on those results, including gender because I'm terrible at waiting for anything and don't like surprises.

23. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

hi all, sorry I've been MIA. I went on vacation (home to my parents) for a week and I've been catching up with work. It's hard to post on my phone so I just read and lurk hehe.

Welcome to all the new comers and congratulations!!

I had my first scan yesterday and got a hb of 178. Baby looks good and even moved around a little which was exciting to see. NIPT text is next week so I should get results in 3 weeks.

@goldengirl that's a great picture. the baby totally looks like his/her hands are under the head and s/he's just chillaxing in there!

24. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@rara0614: sign up for the patient portal, call natura and get your case # and you can get your results yourself. Mine were posted on the portal this morning (taken last wed) and my doctor still hasn't called me.

https://my.natera.com/patient_portal_users/sign_in

25. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@Goldengirl: yay! What a great pic of your little bean!
    @dragonsword: Glad you had a good scan! strong little heartbeat!

26. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

Happy weekiversary @narwhal: @delight:! We are 10 weeks today and feeling good

After a bummer of a first appointment with a midwife a couple of weeks ago, we went to a different midwifery today and it was awesome! Exactly what we had been hoping for. So nice to see my wife feeling confident and proud of how she's coped so far! It also feels comforting to have settled on a care provider for this journey

27. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

JUST-FOR-FUN GENDER PREDICTIONS!

CaterW
    RARA0614
    MrsRcCar
    Narwhal
    Delight
    Deserttransplant
    Daniellealys
    PinkElephant
    Tasha
    LAZB
    Teacherbee
    Dragonsword
    CedarMagnolia
    Goldengirl
    Lattelove
    Kes18
    Norcalwayfarer
    Plainpistachio
    Sandy - already knows
    M4mi
    milag64
    Mrs. Confetti
    Littlebear16

28. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@CedarMagnolia: perhaps but I flip flop daily. 😂

29. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

Roll up roll up and take your guesses! Looks like some of you ladies will be finding out soon anyway so guess quickly and no cheating

@RARA0614: @MrsRcCar: @Narwhal: @Delight:
    @Deserttransplant: @Daniellealys: @PinkElephant:
    @Tasha: @LAZB: @Teacherbee: @Dragonsword:
    @Goldengirl: @Lattelove: @Kes18: @Norcalwayfarer:
    @M4mi: @milag64: @Mrs. Confetti: @:Littlebear16

30. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

I think boy, but my DH will be devastated if it's not a girl!

31. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@CedarMagnolia: I was convinced for awhile that this was a boy, because all I could look at was adorable baby boy stuff, and I've been more nauseous with this pregnancy than my previous two (both girls)....BUT DH is convinced it's a girl, and after a really high heart rate at my NT scan/OB appointment.....I think I'm leaning team pink at this point!

32. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

@CedarMagnolia: Oh so happy to hear you have a new provider that you connect with! So important!!

As for predictions, I am pretty solid on girl. I would be really surprised if it was a boy. Our midwife said that they love Team Green, because they always are amazing that the parents seem to forget in the moment, and then a few minutes later will check it out together. She said it's always so special to watch! But, I've been feeling girl vibes for about 6-7 weeks now

33. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@RARA0614 OMG the hungerrrr! I'm a little nauseated at night but I haven't thrown up at all. I'm almost 9 weeks and surprised that I've made it this far without sickness. But the hunger is incredible. No one told me that you could be so hungry in first trimester. I'm not kidding when I say I eat all day. And as soon as I start to feel hungry, I feel sick and nothing sounds good at all. So weird. I have much to learn.

@lattelove I keep wanting to tell my boss so that she doesn't hold it against me for being so tired at work! Not that she does. She has kids so she'll understand. Problem is that I haven't had a moment alone with her! Her office has thin walls and I want to tell her before the rest of my team at second tri. When the moment strikes, I'll take it! Don't feel bad, you're allowed to have kids :). I tried to time mine perfectly for a good time of year to be out of the office... That didn't work out for me. It happened when it happened, and I'll be missing Jan/Feb at work which is a really busy season for us, whoops! But yeah, I just think... this babe is more important than people's mild inconveniences at work.

@goldengirl Adorbs! Glad all looks well!

@narwhal Glad you're feeling better!

@dragonsword Glad the scan went well!

I got my blood tests back and learned my blood type which was interesting. O+, the most common blood type. Also found out that I'm not immune to Rubella. No one ever told me that I needed to get a booster as an adult to protect with pregnancy. I'm annoyed about that. I even told my Dr. when I was TTC and she didn't mention it. I find it so odd that no one ever told me to get MMR booster as an adult. Of course I always get my TDaP booster, because they told me to...

34. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Goldengirl: awesome pic and so so so glad that everything is looking great!!!!!!
    @CedarMagnolia: happy weekaversary to you too! I'm so glad your appointment went well and you're more comfortable with the new midwife!!
    I'm guessing GIRL for me!

I have my NT scan in the morning. I'm quite nervous but very hopeful that it will all go well. Then I can break out my maternity shirts and stop hiding my growing belly!

35. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

JUST-FOR-FUN GENDER PREDICTIONS!
    CaterW
    RARA0614
    MrsRcCar
    Narwhal
    Delight
    Deserttransplant
    Daniellealys
    PinkElephant
    Tasha
    LAZB
    Teacherbee
    Dragonsword
    CedarMagnolia
    Goldengirl
    Lattelove
    Kes18
    Norcalwayfarer
    Plainpistachio
    Sandy - already knows
    M4mi
    milag64
    Mrs. Confetti
    Littlebear16

36. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

Haha we're so organized - all the girls first then all the boys! WHO will go out on a limb and buck the trend???

37. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

I think I'll go with girl. Mostly because I love the idea of DD having a little sister! Probably won't be finding out until July, though. So far away!

38. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@delight: yay!!!! Thinking of you

39. Tasha

pea / 6 posts

For my baby's gender prediction, I'd say boy

40. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I'll need to catch up more later, we are still on vacation, but I'm guessing boy for me. I don't know why, just a feeling. I was right with my other two, so we will see!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee