Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

Is everyone still dealing with nausea???

I'm 9 weeks and I have good days and bad days. I feel sick pretty much all the time but some days its more manageable than other days. With my girl pregnancies the morning sickness lasted until 16-20 weeks. I'm really hoping the nausea doesn't last as long this time. I can't wait until it's gone! I'm just so tired of feeling awful

2. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@sandy: I am still pretty sick all day. Although this time I haven't really thrown up. Just felt awful all day. I think I have been managing with medicine and hydration.

3. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@sandy: I still feel pretty yucky most days. I'm almost 9 weeks. I started feeling slightly better today, so I'm hoping that continues! I feel the best when I'm laying in bed after waking up in the morning. I just want to stay there!

4. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@sandy: my nausea hasn't been awful, though its been worse than with my other two. I described it to DH this weekend as feeling pretty constantly on the edge of nausea...as in, I'm generally ok but the smell of certain food cooking, getting hungry, getting tired, a stinky diaper, riding in a car (so many things!) can pretty easily push me over the edge and I'll end up feeling icky.

More than anything, it's the motion sickness. Being in the backseat of anything other than a big SUV feels like a roller coaster. I've practically thrown up in my SIL's car and several taxis. I hope I leave that behind with the first trimester!!!

5. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@sandy I have been feeling TERRRRRRRRIBLE the entire pregnancy I'm 13 weeks and I am just now starting to feel a teensy bit better- I can eat and I was actually able to cook dinner last night. Hang in there mama!

6. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sandy: I am 13 weeks now and still sick. Although this week I have had 2 days where I didn't vomit! Wahoo! I've always been sick until 16 weeks in the past. Hang in there. I find if I let myself get too hungry then things go down hill fast!

My doctor just called with my test results from last week and I have immunity to Fifth's Disease! One less thing to worry about!

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: That's awesome news! One less thing to worry about!
    @sandy: I've been much less nauseous since I stopped taking my progesterone at 10 weeks. I hope you feel better soon!
    Sorry I've been MIA, I was on vacation, and just got back and am pretty slammed at work. Nothing new with me, except I did my blood work yesterday, and will hopefully get results next week. My office says two weeks, but I am friends with the phlebotomist (again, another side effect of being pregnant with three babies back to back haha), so he said he'll try to put a rush on it

8. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: good luck with your blood test. Is it one of the NIPT? I hope it doesn't take long. I got mine on the 8th day. I am still slowly weaning off Progesterone. Did you stop cold turkey? I was on 400mg, did 200mg for a week and am doing 100mg this week then I'll stop. I'm just such a worry wart. I'm hoping it'll help with my nausea when I'm off it for good. Hope you had an awesome vacation!

9. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsRcCar: @littlebear16: @PinkElephant: @caterw: hope we're all feeling better soon!

@delight: yay a for good news on the Fifths disease immunity! So glad it's not something that you're going to have to worry or stress about!

@LAZB: oh that gives me hope! I get to stop my progesterone next week! Hope you had a nice trip!

10. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@delight: really glad to hear about the immunity to fifth disease. I unfortunately know someone who had a tragic experience with it and even though I don't know you, i was angry on your behalf that the school didn't do a better job about warning people. Glad for you that you don't have to worry about it!!

11. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PinkElephant: oh my goodness you know someone that was affected by it? That's horrible. I have since talked to the principal at that school and they have posted notices on the doors.

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: thanks, yes it is a NIPT, although I can't remember which one. And I did just stop the progesterone cold turkey, but I was only on I think 100 mg a day ( it was one pill thing, but not sure the amount).
    @sandy: I hope it makes a difference for you too!

We did have an awesome trip, really nice to get away for a week. I still got to enjoy some (virgin) pina coladas by the pool, which L enjoyed because she could share with me.

13. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@sandy: yes, I am 10w tomorrow and still have nausea! I would say it's been a tiny bit better the past few 3 days but not by that much. My last pregnancy my nausea and MS was from 8-17weeks so I hope this one ends sooner (started at 6w for me this time).
    @delight: good news on the immunity!

14. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@delight: Thank goodness about the immunity. I am sure that was scary for you!
    @sandy: I am looking forward to getting off my nausea meds soon.

Anyone have experience with progesterone shots to stop preterm labor?

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: Yes, I had them last time,, and will again this time. Really no big deal, a nurse came and gave them to me once a week starting at 16 weeks I think. I had my first at 35 weeks and my second at 36 weeks, hard to say if they worked or not, but doesn't hurt.

16. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LAZB: My oldest was born at 37 weeks and my youngest was born at 35 weeks. They said they are gonna train DH to administer the shot so I don't have to go to the office every week. My doctors think I have a genetic condition called EDS. Which for me causes extremely fluid joints and anything with tendons or ligaments.

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: I actually had a nurse come to me to give the shot. It was a company called Alere I think, and it was covered by my insurance. You might want to look into that.

18. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LAZB: I will have to look into that. I don't think DH will like poking me with a needle every week. I hate needles. 😭 Tell me they aren't too big gauge wise. I can handle small needles.

19. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: I honestly don't remember, but I never thought they were painful, so probably not?

20. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LAZB: that makes me feel better. I start them in about 3 weeks. Which is crazy! They want me on them from 16 weeks to 36 weeks.

21. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

I am nine weeks today and the sample lady at trader joes asked me how far along I am. I thought I was decently stealth with a non-fitted shirt and my jacket on. Baby 3 (pregnancy 4) and I am so big already. Holy moly. (Ps - who asks that to someone not crowning?! What if I wasn't pregnant?! Not cool)

22. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: No one had out right asked me but I am already getting the looks. 😒

23. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: ummmm not cool at all! I mean she's right and you are pregnant but still! I have been trying to explain to my 4 year old that she can't ask people if they have a baby in their tummy.

24. Mrs. Confetti

@MrsRcCar: I know. Gotten lots of looks too. It is rough.

@sandy: yesssss re: your 4 year old. We have had that talk too. So awkward when your preschooler makes those kinds of comments (latest from mine was loudly asking if our cashier at the grocery was a man or a woman...oyyy)

25. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: my mom commented that it looked like my hips had started to spread this weekend. Thanks mom. 😢

26. Mrs. Confetti

@MrsRcCar: not cool. My mom does that sometimes too but she isn't local so I don't get the running body commentary

27. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: my mom is 3 hours away but we see her regularly. She generally says very little about my body (she knows I am very self conscious) It took me totally by surprise.

28. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@sandy: I'm still feeling sick at 10w 2d! I have an occasional okay day, but mostly feel nauseous and have a lot of (loud!) gagging during the day. I'm sure my coworker next door has heard something!. I feel worse when I'm hungry, but also gag when I'm eating anything with flavor or scent! I eat yogurt, pretzels and cereal most of the time... I felt sick until week 18-19 with my son. Just so bummed thinking I will be sick for our vacation in June...

Also, I'm down 4 lbs from my last dr appointment, but belly is definitely start to pooch out and can't suck it in as much. Curious if my doctor will say anything about weight loss on Monday or if it's minor enough not to worry!

29. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: yes, that's typical, I'll do my shots then too.
    Y'all, my belly is sooooo big, I really want to make our announcement so that I don't feel pressured to hide it. I'm not doing a good job anyway, and I'd rather just be out in the open instead of wearing flowy tops that aren't fooling anyone haha. Most friends know already, DH just needs to tell his family, and we will post our fb announcement after that. I'm 11w3d, and have found the heartbeat with my Doppler a bunch of times, so I'm feeling ok to announce. Hopefully tomorrow.

30. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LatteLove: I wouldn't worry about the weight loss. Sometimes is just happens. Hope you feel better soon.
    @LAZB: DH asked when we were announcing on Facebook. I was idk maybe after you tell your dad. 😉 I will feel better about things after this weeks appointment. 13 weeks today.

31. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@LatteLove: oh man! That's awful that pretty much every food is going to make you gag! I remember with my first I would gag so badly when brushing my teeth and drinking anything - I lived on ice. And try not to stress on the weight loss - your baby has everything he/she needs in there! Where are you headed for your vacation? We also have travel plans the first part of May (to Florida) and I am not looking forward to feeling sick during our trip. I'm hoping the warm weather and pool time will help with the nausea.

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@LAZB: that's awesome your able to find the heartbeat with your Doppler! I feel you on the growing belly! I'm only 9 weeks and I can't wear certain shirts so I can only imagine in 2 more weeks. So exciting you'll get to announce soon!

I tend to gain a lot with my pregnancies and I started out this pregnancy a good 10-15lbs heavier than usual so I'm barely holding onto my regular clothes. Pretty much leggings and slouchy tops all the time.

33. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LAZB: Totally feel you on the belly. I'm thinking I should just wear normal shirts because there's almost NO hiding it and just see if my coworkers say anything! I work with a new group and I'm not close to them yet... so I doubt they would.

I haven't gained as much weight this first trimester like i did with my first, i swear i gained 20lbs within my first trimester last time! This time around I don't have the same hunger pains and I feel more nauseous. Plus I'm craving things like fruits and veggies, my first was all carbs and ice cream and cake!

Also, I have a serious case of pregnancy brain. I forgot to close my garage last night, thankfully nothing happened, and today I thought my appointment was at 11:45, but it was at 1:30.. makes me worried about other things I may have totally forgotten!

34. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@LAZB glad you got a chance to get away!

@Delight, so funny/cute about your daughter looking for the baby! Years ago, I remember my sister didn't want to tell their 4 year old she was pregnant again because they were already moving and making lots of changes. They waited quite a while and her daughter walked up to her once and patted her belly and went "mama, you must have had a really big lunch!"

I'm loving the early bumps! This being my first and the fact that I'm still teaching workout classes probably means I'm going to be a while on the showing front. I'm ready for it but I also know I'll have plenty of time when it happens. I'm glad we're talking about weight gain and vacations, I can relate!

I have pretty mild nausea at week nine, but I'm telling you my appetite is absolutely nutso. No one ever told me that this happened so soon. I'm utterly shocked by it. I'm not kidding I wake up hungry at 4am and have to eat. I'm hungry every 2 hours and not like, put-it-off-for-minute hunger, I mean... eat right now or else huge loud growling stomach and dizzy spells and big time food aversions. It's pretty much running my life. I wrote down everything I ate on Saturday and was reading it to friends and family to watch their eyes pop out of their heads. It's safe to say that I will gain a lot of weight this pregnancy, which is fine, but I'm just so surprised by the hunger! Anyone else crazy hungry this early on?

I'm going to Hawaii mid-May when I'm 12 weeks. We're going to need to buy a lot of their expensive groceries or I'm gonna suffer!

Seriously love reading everyone's posts here. It's fun seeing what everyone is up to and how they're doing with all this preggo stuff!

35. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@Plainpistachio: that was totally me with my first! CRAZY HUNGRY. My husband would look at me in shock, and I would cry while eating "I'm just sooo hungry". Pretty funny and sad at the same time actually.
    We're actually going to Hawaii mid May as well! How exciting! We literally just booked yesterday! My husband thinks this will be our last "real" vacation for awhile!

36. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@Dragonsword lol exactly! I told him, I'm just so sick of eating! He's like what?! How?! It's not as fun when you're doing it all day haha. Hawaii too?! Nice! What island? We're going to Kauai and I'm a little worried because our airbnb has no A/C. Hope I can sleep! This will probably be a last "real" one for us to. Maybe we can also squeeze in a weekender mini vacation in the summer.

37. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@teacherbee how'd your appointment go?

38. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: (catching up to your comment about the trader joe lady!) Yesterday my wife and I ran into a friend we haven't seen in a long while and told her we are having a baby. She immediately looked at me and said "And you're the one carrying!" (half question, half statement).

No, but thanks for that

39. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@LatteLove: Re: weight loss, from forums, friends etc. it seems like it's pretty common to lose weight in the first trimester. You've got plenty of time to put it on again plus a bit more!

40. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@MrsRcCar: awww, if it makes you feel any better, during my second pregnancy, my MIL commented that I was carrying a lot differently...and went on to elaborate that she thought I gained weight in my butt and thighs the first time, but just had a big belly bump the second time. Uhh....thanks, I guess?! Funny thing is, I'd have said the exact opposite - the weight for DD2 kind of wrapped all around my waist, where as with DD1 (I thought!) I was just rocking the I swallowed a basketball look. ::::sigh::::

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee