Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

Had an ultrasound on Friday (for the NT scan) and tech said everything looked good and she guessed a 95% chance of boy (without being asked -- good thing we aren't team green!). DH has LOTS of boys on his side of the family so we were anticipating another boy Baby is measuring a few days ahead, which isn't a surprise because I measured big the entire last pregnancy and DS was 9lb2oz at birth (and I'm only 5'3", no GD).

2. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: Congrats! So exciting your tech was willing to make a guess for you!

I also have an update on the sex of baby #3.....we're having another GIRL

I'm excited but pretty surprised....can't believe we will be a three of a kind family. DD1 (almost 4 years) is positively thrilled; I'm not sure DD2 fully gets it (we just told them about an hour before our gender reveal elective ultrasound that they were going to be big sisters). Obviously what matters is healthy baby, healthy mama. Poor DH is taking a lot of jabs from his friends who all have at least one boy, but I know he does adore how much his daddy's girls love him!

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: very exciting! It will be good to know for sure I'm a few weeks!
    @PinkElephant: congrats on another girl!

I had my 16 week appointment today, very boring which was good. Glad I've been listening with my Doppler at home, because it took the nurse a while to find the baby, even for a second.

4. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: hooray for another boy! (They are great!)
    @PinkElephant: a trio of sisters!! Hooray!

Had a doctors appointment today and mister Oliver gave me a scare with his heartbeat. He kept moving around and likely grabbing his cord causing irregular rhythms but she said he sounded great and we would double check for heart issues on Friday at my ultrasound. All things are good otherwise he has been moving more and more these days.

5. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/20 {#1}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Mrs. Confetti - 11/29 {#3}
    Littlebear16 - 11/30

6. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: congrats on a great ultrasound! Would you like me to put you down for a boy or should we wait for confirmation?!
    @PinkElephant: wowee another girl!!!! So awesome!!
    @LAZB: I had my 18 week appointment today and he had trouble finding the heartbeat too. I persuaded him to keep trying and he finally found it. These babes love to keep us on our toes!!
    @MrsRcCar: I can't remember you saying you picked Oliver for your name! Or maybe I'm being forgetful. I love that name so so much. I have an Olivia (Livy) so it would be a little too matchy-matchy to name a boy that for us, but I think it's a great name! Sorry for the irregular rhythms but I'm sure all is great. Is it your anatomy scan this week?

I've been a little AWOL here. I've just had an awful feeling in my stomach after winniebee announced her news. It has hit really close to home because we terminated a much wanted pregnancy too. My heart is just breaking for her and for our loss all over again. I just want healthy babies for all of us.

Just about 18 weeks here for me. Feeling good health-wise. Just slight back and butt pain but it comes and goes. I'm just happy my morning sickness has disappeared. I can finally enjoy a non-alcoholic beer on the porch. I'm feeling more and more movement every day which is so nice. Hope you all are feeling well!

I hope I got all the updates right on our list, please let me know if I have missed anything.

7. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@delight: scan is Friday so hopefully good news.

8. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@delight: thanks! You can put me down for boy, I'm pretty confident we'll have a boy. I'd actually be quite shocked if we have a girl Thanks for doing the updates!

9. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: I know, life is so unfair. I have a very good friend going through a similar situation as winniebee, although they have decided to continue with the pregnancy. I'm so sad and stressed for her too.

10. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@delight: thanks! I seriously cannot believe it.

Agree with you all that winniebee's sad news has been a heartbreaking reminder of how fragile pregnancy is. A very dear friend (who is physically far away) is due a few days after me and just told me she'd had to go for a bunch of high level scans for some sort of abnormality, and the scan technician was a bit loose lipped and very negative. She's awaiting an appointment with her OB to find out the prognosis and options before sharing more details with me, so I have no idea what severity of issue we are talking about....but after hearing a few stories here, I'm so worried for her. I wish no one had to go through such devastating circumstances.

11. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Littlebear16 - 11/30

12. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

I'm only 14 weeks but I felt movement last night! It felt exactly like a muscle twitch in my lower abdomen, which I would have thought was what I was feeling, but luckily I have my doppler so I whipped it out and put it on there and I heard the movement corresponding with the twitches. So cool! I had just eaten cherry pie, so it's safe to assume that the baby likes pie.

Sad news about Winniebee. It rips my heart in half to hear that. So anxiety inducing to think how fragile this experience is.

I'm pleased to hear that things are going well so far for fellow November mamas. Thinking of you all!

13. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

I agree with everyone's sentiment on winnibee's loss! Pregnancy is really fragile and it breaks my heart when I hear these stories that has happened to the families in this community.

Congratulations on those finding out the sex of the baby! It looks like boy vs girl is neck to neck on this board.

I'm STILL feeling sick after I eat... and food just doesn't taste good to me.... I'm trying to accept that this may be my new norm though I know its still a bit early for me.
    Has anyone tried Le Tote on here? I got my first box the end of last week and wore two items on there and then returned it yesterday. I just got noticed my next box is being shipped to me already! I kind of like this whole renting thing since I'm having a hard time spending money on maternity pieces.

14. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Plainpistachio: so awesome you're feeling movement! I felt it early too then it kinda disappeared for awhile. Now I can feel baby every day but only once or twice. I can't wait until I can feel it regularly.
    @dragonsword: oh man I'm sorry you're still feeling sick. What a bummer! I hadn't heard of Le Tote but looked it up and it is super cool! Do they have maternity clothes?

15. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight, yeah I feel the flutters maybe once a day if I'm lucky. Excited for when its regular.

I caved and went to a private ultrasound place to get a gender determination. Without question, it's a boy! You didn't need to be an expert to see it either. Clear as day! Just like I predicted. We are so excited. We posted our announcement to fb too. It's great to feel the love.

16. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@dragonsword is Le tote rental? That sounds cool...

17. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Plainpistachio: Congrats on your little boy. He is adorable, love his tiny hand!

18. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

DELIGHT
    GRAPEFRUIT / 4563 POSTS
    3 DAYS AGO DELETE FLAG
    November 2016 Mamas!
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Littlebear16 - 11/30

19. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@NorCalWayfarer @PlainPistachio congrats on your little boys!!!

20. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@caterw: When is your scan? It must be coming up soon! Ours is Friday!

21. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: next Monday! I am doing a gender reveal for family on the 19th... DH and I are trying to decide if we want to be surprised then too. I just don't know if I can wait that long!

22. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@Plainpistachio: congrats on your baby boy! Yes, Le Tote is rental, you can keep the clothes as long as you want or as short as you want. You can even buy the clothes if you want to but I don't think I would buy use clothing unless i really really loved it. I'm trying to get a box weekly to get more bang out of my buck!
    @delight: They do have maternity clothes and that's the whole reason why i'm doing it!

23. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@PinkElephant: wow that is awesome! congrats!
    @delight: Yeah, one thing I dislike about pregnancy are all the uncertains. When I was pregnant with #1 there was someone in the same situation as winniebee (very severe spina bifidia) who decided to end the pregnancy. Terrible situation I'm glad I had good NIPT results but I am still anxious for the anatomy scan to make sure everything is okay.
    @Plainpistachio: how great! Congrats on the boy!

I've started feeling movement this past week (14-15weeks) but it's pretty slight and I don't necessarily feel it everyday. Just a little wiggling sensation in there. I've been feeling better for the most part (about one morning a week I feel like crap). SO MUCH better than the first trimester. My anatomy scan is not until 7/6 so over 4 weeks to go. Seems like forever away! At least I know the gender to tide me over haha.

24. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@Plainpistachio: Congratulations on your boy! It's driving me crazy that I might be able to find out with an elective ultrasound. I'll probably scedule my anatomy scan for the same day as my appointment that month, which will be 21 weeks. That extra week is going to be so hard!
    @delight: Could you change my date to the 27th? Thank you!

25. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Littlebear16 - 11/27
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}

26. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@kes18: I'm anxious too and realize with all my NIPT testing and stuff I never did the AFP which is the blood test that shows risks for SB. My scan is this week so it is too late anyways. I'm just crossing my fingers everything is good.

Good luck to all having their anatomy scans in the next week!

@dragonsword: that's so cool. I don't think we have anything like that in Canada!

27. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@caterw: can't wait to hear all about your gender reveal!! It'll be hard to wait until the 19th for sure but I think you guys should keep it a surprise for yourselves too.

28. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: You're right.... We should wait. I can get my mom to do the surprise right before the party (I am going to make a pull string piƱata this week and she can fill it with confetti). It will be fun to get surprised on camera with DH and DD and my mom will get a huge kick out of getting to know first.

29. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@delight: I did my 1st tri blood test then had my ultra sound at 13w5d (the only appointment date they offered me before the 14w cut off) but because baby was measuring almost a week ahead the tech said they couldn't do the combined screening. I was kind of pissed since I don't think it's that unusual to measure large -- I measured about a week ahead my entire last pregnancy. But at least they were still able to determine that the NT looked normal.

30. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@caterw: that's what I was thinking for you. The expressions on your face when you find out will be priceless and such an awesome moment to capture. In less than two weeks you'll know! I still have 22 more to go
    @NorCalWayfarer: oh I'm sorry you didn't get your first trimester blood screening too! What a bummer! I think for me, the genetic counsellor just said the blood tests didn't matter because my NIPT was good. However, in light of all that has happened here it starts to sink in that the NIPT only screens for a small proportion of things. At this point we all just have to hope for the best right?! Is your date right on our list or is it supposed to be a week ahead? I can't remember if I have already changed it!

31. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: did they offer you QUAD testing? That's what they would have offered me if baby measured big.

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: I've been MIA for the same reason as well. Just heartbroken for winniebee.

I'm 15 weeks and still feeling sick and throwing up randomly but it's much better than a few weeks ago. Also still so exhausted all the time. My OB also increased my dose of thyroid meds bc my latest labs came back slightly high.

I've been having spotting on and off still so I am just really limiting my activity. Friday I woke up at 4am and my pjs were just completely soaked through and I passed a huge clot when got up to use the bathroom. My OB was out in surgery all day but the nurse told me to go to the ER for an ultrasound. Rather than sit all day at the ER I went back to my IVF doc's office. Fortunately baby was doing great and there was no sign of active bleeding. I went to see my OB today and he did an ultrasound himself and we could see the cervix looked good, there was no sign of hemorrhage or sources of bleeding, all parts of the uterus looked intact and no signs of separation anywhere and so far the placenta looks ok. He said my placenta is kind of sitting close to the cervix which may either mean it is moving away from previa bc as the uterus grows the placenta has more space to move away to a better position or it can mean it slightly previa now but we really can't know until closer to 20 weeks. But so far it looks ok and it's just unexplained bleeding.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I'll have to go back and catch up from being absent the last few weeks. Can't wait to read all the gender announcements!

Are you guys buying baby clothes yet? I just bought some baby boy sleepers and summer outfits bc Carters was having a big sale and I had a 25% off coupon. It's so different buying clothes for a boy this time!

33. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@sandy: that's so frustrating about the bleeding. Glad everything was ok! I bled a lot in my first pregnancy and hated how uneasy it left me.
    I've bought a few things - a pack of long sleeved onesies, a bunting, and a couple of sweater rompers in NB sizes. All my tiny stuff from the first two girls is summery! If I'd known the sex sooner, I'd have liked to score a few more clearance rack deals on onesies and fleece sleepers, but I'm sure I'll enjoy indulging and shopping a bit when the new fall lines come out.

I have to admit - if this had been a bit is have gone crazy in the wardrobe department!

34. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

@sandy: Sorry to hear about the bleeding, so glad everything is okay. I am still having spotting as well, and I also am having nightmares now about bleeding. I know I need to relax about it but it's tough!

Haven't bought any clothes or anything at all to do with the baby... I'm not sure when I'll start looking. I feel a bit superstitious so I don't know if I'll want to actually buy anything ahead of time. Might just register for a bunch of stuff so it's ready to go when we want it all.

35. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@sandy: So sorry to hear about the bleeding. That must be so scary but I'm glad you were able to get checked and that the baby is doing well!

I haven't gotten anything for the baby except a crib- we are still waiting for a gender scan (on Monday) and then we have a reveal party (next Saturday). If it's a girl I will be able to reuse everything I saved from DD since she is an October baby... if it's a boy I will need a ton since DD wore lots of pink

36. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@sandy: I'm so glad everything is ok, but that sounds so scary!
    I've bought soooo much stuff! Most off of local buy/sell/trade groups on Facebook. The other day I bought like 10 smocked outfits and 10 polo rompers from a girl in one group. It was so cute!

37. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@PinkElephant: I can't wait for the fall/winter lines to come out! I'm trying to reign in the shopping bc a few friends have offered their hand me downs. The practical side of me says to wait to see what they have and then fill in baby boy's clothes as needed but then I see the teeny tiny clothes and I can't resist buying a few things especially if they're on sale.

@Goldengirl: it's so hard not to stress and worry with the bleeding. I never had it with my two other pregnancies. They keep telling me some women just bleed for no reason and unless it's soaking a pad in an hour and accompanies by pain try not to worry and just take it easy. Hope it stops soon for the both of us!

@caterw: so exciting you'll know soon!!! Can't wait to hear! Since we found out we're having a boy I'm getting rid of all of the girl clothes and it's so sad seeing all the adorable dresses and tunics that won't get worn again. But I guess it's exciting getting to buy all new cute boy clothes

@LAZB: amazing!!! I love scoring deals like that! So far I'm really loving the polo style rompers for baby boys - they're just too cute!

38. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@sandy: I guess buying all the little rompers will ease the sting of getting rid of DD's sweet dresses if baby is a boy. I do plan to turn a couple of my favorite girl outfits into teeny tiny bow ties (well... My super crafty mom will do this for me).

39. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@caterw: that's such a cute idea! Love it!

40. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@delight: You can keep the 11/27 date as is, they said they won't change it which is fine with me
    @MrsRcCar: I haven't seen a doctor since the u/s (and it was with a tech and I never heard from a doc about the results) so I'm not sure about QUAD testing. The tech said they'd likely still do the 2nd trimester blood screening but they just can't compare it to the u/s, so I'll still get some information. I'm kind of annoyed at my health care provider at this point but everything seems normal with baby so I'm just chugging along...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee