Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: welcome baby girl

2. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@Shopoholicmom: so exciting! congratulations!!

3. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@mrsbubbletea: so exciting! good luck!!

4. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@MsMini: how do you express colostrum without inducing labor? I don't know if my question makes sense, but I was under the impression that pumping would bring on labor..?

5. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@Shopoholicmom: yay! Congratulations!

@chenergized: I don’t use a pump, I express by hand and suck it up with a syringe. Apparently you need to express for 3 hours to equal the oxytocin of one orgasm and since sex has yet to put me into labour I was comfortable starting expressing once I was 37 weeks. I hand express for ~5 minutes 2-3x per day so not a ton!

6. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

She’s here! We had a girl, born at 36w1 day, 22h after my water broke. I did get induced with pitocin which I would say I tolerated poorly (haha) but I made it through! And didn’t get an epidural, which was what I wanted.

My poor little “premie” though, she ended up having a low blood sugar after birth and so she had to go get an iv and go to nicu. She’s on formula feeds as well which is totally new for me! She was going great with the first two, but they had to turn the fluids back up because her blood sugar wasn’t where they wanted, and she is not feeding great. When I just called to check on her, they said the doctor was talking about doing an NG feeding tube already which seems incredibly soon to me!

@MsMini: any input? I don’t as much experience with the fresh newborns, since my unit only takes them if they go home first. I feel like since we already have an iv, why can’t we be a little more forgiving on oral feeding as long as her sugar can stay up? And any advice on this whole formula feeding? My goal is 100% to exclusively breast feed. Thanks for your input! I am so awake even though I should try to catch some more sleep. What a night!

7. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Oh and pack your bags everyOne! I packed at the last minute the most random stuff, and now that I made it to postpartum, it’s going to start being annoying everything I am missing.

8. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@Shopoholicmom: Congrats! @mrsbubbletea: Congrats!

Our baby girl arrived yesterday too! She's doing well and I am thrilled with how smooth my repeat c-section went.

Good luck to all the soon to be born babies!

9. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: welcome baby girl. I hope she starts tolerating feeds better soon and she gets out of the nicu quickly.

10. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@SugarMaple: congrats and welcome little one

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I feel like as the only first time mom I will be the only one still lingering around until my due date which is already towards the end of the month

12. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@Shopoholicmom: @mrsbubbletea: congratulations!!!

13. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I was induced late with my First and had my 37 week appt yesterday and wasn’t dilated at all. 😕Who knows! You may go early!

@mrsbubbletea: I feel like your comment was meant for me because I haven’t packed yet either. Ha! Hope baby girl has a great day today.

14. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@mrsbubbletea: the goal is always to wean those IVs down pretty quickly, neonatal IVs dont last very long and it sucks to have to poke them more often. I would push making sure you get to attempt breastfeeding first, every feed and then top up with formula. They might be thinking NG just transitionally to get her started if she is quite sleepy. We do that sometimes in our NICU.

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Bea: I know it's all so random and unpredictable. I would like to go a little early but it's not really up to me.

16. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@mrsbubbletea: @SugarMaple: congrats!!

@snarkybiochemist: the end of pregnancy wait is sooo hard. My first two were born at 40 and 39 weeks and I was so done by that point. I never expected this one to come at 38 weeks but it was a nice surprise. Try and distract yourself by getting out...maybe a nice dinner, mani/pedi? Time flew by if I planned things to look forward to. Your little one will be here soon!

17. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: well, she took a decent feeding after they made her mad with a bath, so I am hoping at 8 her glucose will be better and they can wean ivf again. I hope I start getting some colostrum, doing skin to skin with her now!

18. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: I have some plans to keep busy, my husband and I are planning a date night or two and my mom is taking me for a pedicure. I also will still be working which should help. I am just tired of pregnancy and looking forward to meeting this little girl

19. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: the not knowing must be tough. I’m “lucky” in that I had an early scheduled induction for LO1 for complications and then RCS for #2&3 so I have always had an end date at about 38 weeks to look forward to.

20. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: it's driving me a bit nuts the only thing I have going for me is my doctors have said they would rather I didn't go too late given they know when this baby was concieved

21. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I’m at 38 weeks and no sign of baby anytime soon so I feel ya! LO1 was 3 days late, really hoping not to repeat that.

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Jennibenni: Late sounds so awful I hope you go on time or early this go around

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

woohoo GBS negative, one less thing to worry about

24. Lucy_goosey

pea / 15 posts

Coongrats to everyone who has had their little ones! 💕

Anyone else just totally over being pregnant? With the two toddlers at home I am just ready to get baby girl here and start our new normal!

25. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Yay! She’s rooming with me and iv out!

26. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: woohoo I hope you get to go home soon

27. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@mrsbubbletea: great news!

We are going home! Time to start our new 'normal'. So happy!!

28. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@mrsbubbletea: yay! Hope your night went well!

29. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@SugarMaple: Congratulations! I hope your transition to home goes smoothly!

30. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

Congrats to everyone who's had their little one! I'm looking forward to meeting my little one as well.. I'm done being pregnant...

@snarkybiochemist: I'm a first timer too, and while I'm not due toward the end of the month, I know what you mean. My due date is exactly 2 weeks from today, and it feels like it is dragging on a bit.

I had my doctor's appointment on Friday, and I'm 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Also lost my mucus plug over the weekend..!! I know that might not mean anything, but it's feeling more real. I'm feeling a bit anxious, mostly because I'm not ready to leave work unexpectedly - I still have to finish my plans for my replacement.. I have a lot to get done this week!

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: Good luck getting everything done. I have 3 weeks until my due date and it just seems so far away.

32. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@snarkybiochemist: thanks! hang in there, mama. things might start to progress faster than expected.

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: thanks I both want something to happen now and want to give her a little bit more time inside growing bigger

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Thank you to my annoying coworker who decided today was a great day to tell me about how she was almost 2 weeks late with her first. Let's not make the pregnant lady sad

35. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I agree, the last few weeks seem to take forever!

36. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

Happy due date month, mamas!

37. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Baby Spencer arrived safely yesterday! We are so totally in love! She is quite jaundiced already so we started phototherapy this morning. Otherwise things are going well.

38. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: welcome to your baby girl, hope the phototherapy helps quickly

39. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: welcome baby spencer! We just graduated from our bili blanket yesterday, hope you have a short go as well!

40. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Forgot to say, our girl is Eleanor Mae. Here’s a pic of Ellie with big brother Frankie

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee