Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2018 Moms

1. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Marfi: Oh wow! I couldn't imagine...Good thing you found out before the birth. Happy Birthday by the way!

2. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Marfi: whoa, that's unexpected!!!

I've passed the glucose test on the first try, yay! That's a nice surprise, I've had to do the three-hour monstrosity with my older two, and it's awesome not to deal with that.

The doctor said it's time to bump up regular appointments to every two weeks. The waits in that office are insane - 2-3 hours for a five minute appointment. I really need to think of a craft project I can carry with me while I'm waiting around...

3. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: Thanks for the info but I got super paranoid at work and called my practice. The NP said they always have you come in for concerns on movements so I stopped by on my way home from work. Got a quick ultrasound and everything is totally fine! I feel dumb and like I wasted everyone's time but they assured me it was totally ok to come in. I just thought the anxiety would be less with the 2nd or after the first tri but gah there is always something to worry about!

4. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Mama Bird: omg I couldn't handle 2-3 for wait times! Typically I have like 5-15... once in a while I get 45 but that's crazy.

@Marfi: a couple years ago there was a photo floating around of a mom who had been told girl only at delivery to find out it was a boy. Her face was awesome lol.

@rpparker: Always better to call in! This little one is a little bitchy and certain actions trigger movement so I could almost always make her move if I got concerned.. if I didn't have that I probably would have gone in too!

So with the boards being so funky lately here... is there any interest in a fb group for us nov moms?

5. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

6. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: Haha! I think I remember that article.

And all of my normal tricks for movement yesterday weren't working which is what really bothered me.

7. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Just had my 31 week (I think 30 but whatever, we shall see at my growth scan in 10 days) appointment and now I am gong to see the doc every 2 weeks! Crazy! Had my TDAP shot today and will get the flu shot when it's available. Up 16 lbs and feeling better than I have all week (it's been 95 degrees+ and the heat finally broke).

8. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

@RKitty: Yup that's basically what I expect my face looked like!

Also, I'm totally up for a Facebook group at some point!

9. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

I'm up for a FB group too!

My mom came in town this weekend and we started unpacking baby clothes from DD1! She is a June mama so I'm flip flopped on seasons but still have plenty I can use. But I cannot find my Solly wrap which I loved! I loaned it to a friend and I remember her bringing it back to my house. I wasn't pregnant at the time so I remember just sticking it somewhere random because I didn't need it at the time! My DH said he put it with my maternity clothes but I've pulled all those out. So frustrating because I know it's somewhere!

Then after the visit, I came down with some quick stomach bug! Lasted maybe 6 hours and I feel fine today so not sure if it was a pregnancy fluke or what! Now I'm starving but still trying to eat plain and light just in case. What a way to start a week!

10. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@lioneyes: Ugh it's been so hot here too. I keep looking at the 10 day hoping for a sign of fall!

11. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Anyone else taking a big sigh of relief that it's October? Or maybe a shriek of panic? I was feeling pretty good about all we have accomplished getting ready but then realized we have something the next few weekends (including me as a bridesmaid in an out of town wedding ) so it'll be a while before we have a weekend at home to knock out some to-do-list items!

12. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@rpparker: panic total panic. Lol

My friend had her lo almost 5 weeks early in Sept so it kind made it sink in a little more. But with me still working part time and my hubby working overtime (and he works atleast every other weekend) it's hard to get time to tackle big projects.

I also did try to make a fb group but I need somebody's email to do so any volunteers?

13. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@RKitty: definitely panicking, too! Mostly because of work stuff. I'm realizing I may need to brief people on more than I planned, because a lot of stuff won't finish up in 6-7 weeks.

Thankfully the weight gain has slowed down. I had a few bad days last week - joint pain, trouble walking around - but this week is better.

14. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

34 weeks yesterday and spent the evening at a black tie wedding in 4" heels....felt FINE today but then a few hours ago (TMI) soaked thru my underwear with clear liquid (felt like when you get your period) so went into triage. So afraid it was amniotic fluid but the test came back negative. They said to come back if I soak through a pad, I've had a few more small (like a teaspoon) gushes since then but not close to soaking a pad. In better news, baby is measuring in 21st % (at 32 weeks US they were afriad she was very small) and moving around a ton, and I have good fluid levels.

15. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@lioneyes: So scary! Im glad everything is fine and baby is growing good.

Im 36 weeks now and because i'm 37 I have weekly appointments which will include NSTs. Which is fine and I understand but such a waste of time it feels like. Plus I often bring my toddler to my appointments since they're so quick but I can't at NST there's no way he'd sit through that!

Oh my little opinionated fetus had been head down for ages but has turned around and moved back up. .. Im trying to tell her that she's supposed to be head down now.... but she doesn't listen...

16. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@lioneyes: oh no! I hope it's not really fluid!

@RKitty: wow, every week sounds like a lot. But at least you get to keep an eye on baby's position. I think they still have a lot of wiggle room for now. I felt like my LO was turning somersaults last week. I hope she didn't flip around, but wouldn't be surprised...

Still trying to pick a hospital! I was planning to go to the one where the older kids were born, but they have a problem with nurses disappearing when I'm ready to push. DH had to run out and find someone both times. He swears the only person he could find last time was the janitor but neither of them admitted to it at the time so I can't fact check that story. The nurses did show up, but a good ten minutes later. If DH can't come with me this time, I'd rather not be left all alone at the wrong moment, so we're looking at other options and trying to weigh the reportedly better staffing against the much longer drive.

17. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Went BACK to triage today because of more leaking/bleeding in the middle of the night. Again I tested negative for amniotic fluid (and there's an appropriate amount showing on the ultrasound), so they think it's just pre-labor discharge and minor bleeding from exams.

18. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@lioneyes: So sorry! I had to have a cervical check last week and bled pretty heavy afterwards so I know how scary that can be!

19. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@rpparker no one told me to expect that ! I only had bleeding in my last pregnancy like 2 hrs before he was born so this freaked me out especially since yesterday they told me to come back if I saw bleeding or soaked a pad (and both happened).

20. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@lioneyes: so scary. So what are they telling you now, how are you supposed to decide whether you need to go back?

21. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@Mama Bird: They said the bleeding (more pink and not like a period) I'm currently having is normal and should continue as I got another speculum exam today. They said if I lose a LOT of water at once (like more than soaking through my pants but wetting the floor) or have a slow leak that continues I should come back. The good news is we live a 5 min walk from the hospital.

22. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

Well this boy is certainly already giving us a run for our money!! I had been feeling like rubbish off and on since 9/29 (I was having a really hard time keeping anything at all down). I went to my OB on Thursday and BP and everything was normal so she gave me some anti nausea medicine to see if that would help. Friday morning I felt like rubbish again but felt better in the evening and then Saturday it was down hill again. Sunday was the worst and I barely slept a wink Sunday into Monday because I was in so much pain (a lot of pain/pressure in my abdomen). I decided yesterday that i needed to call the OB on call and he had me come in to L&D. I got there at 8:02 am. The NST test started at probably 8:15ish. By 8:45 it was decided that I needed an emergency C-Section (baby boy was not behaving as they wanted to see on the monitors and my blood pressure was sky high) and our Baby Boy arrived at 9:11 am! He weighed 4 lbs 2.5 oz and was 18” long! I have only seen him for a moment (I was under general anesthesia for the C section) when they brought him to my room before transferring him to the hospital we are both at now. Because of my high blood pressure, I had to be put on magnesium which means I can’t move around for 24 hours so I was unable to see him for the rest of the day. It’s planned for me to be transferred to the regular postpartum ward at 9 am (just 5 more hours)! So I’ll finally get to see him and hold him soon! Here’s little TJ (our nickname for him)!

23. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@Marfi: oh wow! Congratulations!! What a crazy couple of days. I hope these few hours fly by and you hold him soon!

24. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@marfi congratulations!!! hope you are feeling better soon!

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Marfi: Congratulations! What a crazy experience. I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy some baby snuggles.

26. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@lioneyes: Thank goodness you're close the hospital that helps alot. I hope they figure it out so you're not stressing over it constantly!

@Marfi: Such a tiny little guy! Speedy recovery for the both of you! He's gonna keep you on your toes the rest of your lives!

27. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Marfi: congratulations! He looks so calm, all things considered! Hope you're feeling better. Is he in NICU or regular nursery?

28. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

@Mama Bird: That picture was taken at the community hospital where I had my emergency c-section. He’s in the NICU now at the main hospital where we were both transferred shortly after he was born. I finally got to see him and hold him a short while ago! Only took like 30 hours!

29. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Mama Bird: It's every week because I old... 37 is geriatric didn't you know!

And omg on disappearing nurses! That would drive me up the wall! I have two hospitals I can choose from and I'll be going with the same one last time. It's also the one I was born at so it feels right. And it has a NICU where the other one only has a specialized care but has a brand new L&D wing.

@Marfi: So tiny! I'm glad your at the same hospital and finally got to hold him! That would be so hard! My friend local had very similar situation to yours her little guy weighed in at 4lb 5oz though. He spent 10 days in the NICU and has been thriving since he's 5lbs 8 oz or something now at just about a month old!

30. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Marfi: glad you're finally able to hold him! I hope it's just a short NICU stay!

@RKitty: 37, old? What do they know. I'm only a tiny bit younger and don't feel old at all Just very sleep-deprived...

31. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Marfi: how are things going?

@lioneyes: how are you doing? Still dealing with the fluid?

@Mama Bird: my last pregnancy my due date was 2 weeks before I turned 35 so I wasn't AMA. My friend at 38ish got labeled geriatric....

Weekly updates aren't that bad of a thing though but doc says we're still on track for a on time arrival.

32. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@RKitty: not so much, and bleeding seems to have stopped. had contractions last night 15-20 apart but they also stopped. hoping to stay pregnant through the weekend at least and ideally through next week cause I have a lot planned lol.

Ultrasound AND doctor on Monday AND my last progesterone shot! And then weekly appointments for me (35W+)

33. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Marfi: wow! Hope y’all are doing well! @lioneyes: No one warned me about irritation post check either so it was a panicked call for sure. Hopefully your fluid has slowed down!

34. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

@RKitty: @rpparker: Everything I going great! I’m still stuck at the hospital as a patient because my BP still isn’t behaving! We’re assessing it through the day so hopefully I’ll get discharged tonight. Otherwise hopefully tomorrow! Tristan has moved to the step down unit so he’s doing really great! Off oxygen for 2 days now so now we’re just working on his feeding!

35. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@marfi yay! so sweet and love his name!

36. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Having a baby today! 35 weeks, 3cm with contractions 5 mins apart. Waiting for an OR to open up for my C section. Totally freaking out but trying to stay calm. DH is with me, my parents with DS but have a sitter coming at 12 so they can run over here.

37. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@lioneyes: Your babies just like to be early! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and look forward to seeing your little one!

38. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Shes’s Here! Miss Z Arrived at 2:08pm after an uncomplicated repeat C section. 5lbs 4oz. All is well, but she’s in the nursery getting warmed up. Glad we did this today because they discovered a placental abruption during the surgery.

39. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@lioneyes: Congrats!! So glad everything worked out well.

I can’t believe we already have two “November” babies!!

40. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Marfi: I hope you're home already!

@lioneyes: congratulations! Glad you're OK!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee