Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2018 Moms

1. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Mama Bird: my hubby got to feel the baby about a week ago and I was just noticing that some of the major movements can be seen when I wear tight clothes. This baby doesn't move like my first though I'm not to sure if it's because its earlier and I only remeber the later stuff... and shes in a different spot too so that could be it.

Were not planning a nursery this time around. There's a room for the baby but since our son has spend maybe a couple hours total in his room since he was born were not making it a priority this time around lol.

2. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

it says I posted but I don't see my post.... silly forum....

3. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Sigh I have no clue if my posts are posting it says I have but I cant see them.... but ultrasound tomorrow hoping the baby cooperates!

4. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@RKitty: yeah, the page is kind of glitchy... I hope it goes great! I have mine on Monday, really looking forward to it.

This baby is kicking me so much. And she seems to be doing full-body flips just about every day. I'm starting to think my hopes of having one laid-back child were unfounded.

5. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: @Mama Bird: Glad to know I’m not the only one having trouble with the board! Hope y’all have great appointments!

6. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Ugh...if I get another “November? Really? You look much bigger to be due in November” comment I may go crazy!

7. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

US went great. Got told to drink more fluids... yay... more pee.

@rpparker: that's just rude that people say that. I'd probably say some inappropriate back lol. But I'm tall and plus size so I've been getting lots "oh hey you finally look pregnant" comments.

8. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: yay for good US!

The comments are so rude! And it’s not like I have some control of how my bump looks/grows. I have a friend due mid August and we treated ourselves to a baby moon yesterday! Massages and out to dinner! Two people commented that we must be due at the same time...compliment to her!

9. Mrs. Cheesecake

blogger / kiwi / 588 posts

Hello! I'm new to this board, but I've been around Hellobee for a while now. I'm from San Diego and our EDD is 11/10. This will be our third and last child. This pregnancy has been a little more difficult than the first two, maybe because I'm older (I'm 35yo) or because I have a 5yo and 3yo that I am also parenting. But other than that I've had some nausea in the beginning, which has since died down now that I am 23 weeks. I still feel like I have constant mood swings and irrational worries about postpartum life even though I've been through this whole thing twice over. We had two losses before this so we were tight-lipped about it at first but now our whole family knows about it. I'm just looking for other folks who are in the same pregnancy boat as I am. Congrats to everyone here by the way!

10. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

The ultrasound went well. Only DH got the phone call he'd been dreading, at the same time. This kid is never going to meet her grandma but we're totally naming the baby after her.

@rpparker: that is so rude! I bet you're also going to get the random "you look too small!" any day now. I feel like some people just say stupid things because they don't know what to say but they just haaave to say something baby-related...

@Mrs. Cheesecake: welcome! I'm having my third too, and the older kids are the same age as yours I agree, it's still scary even when you've got some experience!

11. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Mama Bird: I'm glad your ultrasound went well, but so sorry you received bad news. Thoughts and hugs to you and your DH.

@Mrs. Cheesecake: Welcome and Congrats! I'm only on my second pregnancy but I feel like I've completely forgotten about everything pregnancy related....Which is so weird because a few months before I was pregnant, I was giving advice and comfort about pregnancy changes to a coworker and now it feels like my brain just forgot and I keep asking her for advice LOL. So weird how the brain works when it's you going through something.

12. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Mrs. Cheesecake: Welcome to the board! I think it's the other kids that make it harder... this one has been for me and I'm older! (37!)

@Mama Bird: Yay on the US; boo on the news about your MIL. My son is named after my grandfather who wasn't alive when my son was born. It's his middle name and I'm glad we did that because when we use it or I tell it to people it can trigger weird emotions even though he's been gone for a few years.

Speaking of names... is everyone decided? I think we are though we've been talking about a second middle as the first name and middle name we chose are very short so I think it fleshes out the name. Still talking about it though!

13. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: we are like 99% set on Camille Blake. Blake for my DH’s grandfather. Our DD1 called her by name so makes me feel like we can’t change it now!

14. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Bump pic! 23 weeks and feeling very round!

15. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@rpparker: you're looking great!!!

I'm suddenly noticing I've got a giant belly. A friend is due in October and mine is bigger I wish I knew if I've really gained that much weight or it's all in my head, but I rushed out of the last appointment before I got weighed, and have to wait another three weeks for the next one.

16. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@rpparker: I like it! (the name) I like how they go together! You've got a great bump!

@Mama Bird: Maybe baby just shifted too so she's laying in spot that that makes it seem like a big belly?

I've put on about 5 pounds - which is more then my last pregnancy but I'm craving sweets this time too so it's harder to eat better.....

17. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Mrs. Cheesecake: Delayed but welcome to the board! @Mama Bird: @RKitty: Thanks! I think it looks bigger depending on where she is sitting and what I'm wearing This past week we were on vacation where they cook breakfast and dinner for you (true vacation) and I know I gained at least 5 lbs just from that! Not looking forward to weighing at the next appointment!

18. Mrs. Cheesecake

blogger / kiwi / 588 posts

@Mama Bird: @MrsMom: @RKitty: @rpparker: Thank you for the warm welcome!

19. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Ughh.. I dont know if it's the heat here (day 5 of 100plus temps! And we still have like a week before it breaks!) Or my son becoming a full fledged two-ager. Or the baby doing a growth spurt or what. But it's been tough and mama has need naps most days and my energy is just bleh... hopefully things change soon!

20. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: Hope you got some rest this weekend! The heat will make you crazy!

I just had my 24 week appointment (technically 24 weeks + 4 days). It was chaotic because I had my DD with me and the doctor got called to an emergency in L&D after about 5 minutes into our appointment but what I did learn is I'm measuring "big" on the fundal height. I didn't have the forethought to ask how far ahead and he made no mention of it in my online patient portal. He did put in an order for an ultrasound at my next appointment (4 weeks away) and I'll also have my sugar test then. I measured "big" with my first but at the very very end. They did an additional ultrasound then and they predicted DD1 to be 9+lbs and she came out 7lbs8oz So I don't have a lot of faith in these measurements but that doesn't stop me from freaking out on google. It's also playing hard into my sensitivity about the comments on my size and just feeling big. I've gained 12 lbs total. I literally sat in the parking lot and sobbed. And then treated myself to a scone so maybe counter productive.

21. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@rpparker: You look great in the photo you posted. 12lbs sounds perfectly normal and reasonable... though your comment about the scone made me giggle.

Fundal height isn't an exact measurement and really I don't think they use it for serious guesses any more since US tend to be more accurate. My first I measured at least a week ahead via fundal and US the entire pregnancy. My doc said he wouldn't be surprised if my son was a 10lber. But I'm big and my family, as well my hubby's, grow big babies and most are around 8-10lbs when born! My son ended up being 9lbs 5ozs. This one is a little more on size/scale.

However I did find out my doc does have my due date as 11/1 instead of 11/3 which is what the internet said! Not that two days makes a huge difference. Tomorrow is my glucose test too - I had it later in Aug but I guess I wrote it down wrong!

22. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: Thanks for the reply! I think this has just brought up some insecurities I've had about the bump this time around. And then I get sad that I'm not embracing this beautiful growing life and I'm a mess again. But you are right that fundal height is not an exact science and the scone was totally worth is!

Good luck with the glucose test!

23. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Got the call already and passed the glucose test! Yay! I celebrated with a donut and chocolate milk (there were also eggs cooking too!)

24. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: yay! Good news! And I like how you celebrate!

25. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Just came from my 1 hr glucose test. So gross. Really hope I pass (last time I think I had to do JUST the 3 hr? but ultimately passed).

26. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@lioneyes: Did you pass? I have mine Monday and I'm dreading it.

Also at my next appointment will be a follow up ultrasound since I'm measuring ahead on fundal height.

How is everyone? I've been terrible at updating. Hope everyone has a good weekend! DH agreed to get a house keeper to help monthly between now - end of the year and she comes Monday so glad I don't have cleaning hanging over my head all weekend!

27. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Also wanted to share that my BFF is currently 41 weeks + 2 days and is just as happy and pleasant as can be. In absolutely no hurry and her midwife is fine with it as well. I hope some of her patience rubs off on me!

28. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@rpparker: good luck on the test! I've got mine on Tuesday. Not looking forward to it!

So I finally got a normal doctor's appointment last week (my last two got cancelled or cut short), and just as I was afraid, I'm up 24 pounds. That's a quarter of my normal weight. This is not normal for me and I'm seriously freaking out. If I gain one pound a week like you're supposed to in third trimester, I'll be up 35-40 pounds by the end. I'm not sure I'll be able to move around with this much extra weight, and the idea scares me. I can't spend who knows how much time lying around being helpless, not with a job and two kids. Just hoping I'll figure out some way to stop the weight gain in its tracks.

29. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@rpparker got a 130 on the 1hr (Mayo clinic says 140 is the cutoff but my doc makes you do the 3hr if you're above 129 which is AWESOME) so I did the awful 3 hr and ultimately passed. Now on vacation (actually a trip since I'm running after 3 year old DS).

30. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Passed the glucose! And my fundal height measurement is back on track! We still did the growth ultrasound and got a sweet little 4D shot of the face. All in all a good appointment! Can't believe I'm going to every 2 weeks now!

31. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Glad to hear everyone is doing good and passing their tests.

Baby 'dropped' on Monday and dealing lots of pelvic pain and issues because of it. And then today started having problems with pain when I take deep breaths. Good news is everything else is normal and she's still super active. And no other signs of early labor so I'm hoping I'll adjust to her new spot or she move back up... I did talk to my doc office and they're not concerned at all. I'm also on 2 week appointments so I'll be sure to have a more in depth conversation with my doc next week if things continue... but i'm kinda expecting an earlier baby now....

32. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

Whelp. Got a huge surprise at our 3D ultrasound today… we’re apparently not having a girl like we were told at our anatomy scan!

33. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Marfi: no way!!!

34. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Marfi: Remind me, is this your first? How are you feeling about the change? I can't imagine the surprise!

35. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: I think I may have had a drop too. Are your movements any different? I still feel her but it feels different. Maybe less distinct - before it was obviously a foot of or a flip and now just less distinct.

36. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

@rpparker: Yep it's our first! I'm a little disappointed (we really wanted a girl). I was all prepared for them to tell me it was a boy at the anatomy scan because that's what I was felling like it was but then we were elated when they said girl. So to have spent that last 11 weeks thinking girl only to find out they were wrong is a huge shock. But, we could have gotten worse news so we'll get over it.

37. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Marfi: omg I don't know what I would do if they switched it on me. Probably bawl for a couple days lol. I can't remeber though if you had a preference at all..? And I'm to lazy to scroll back on my phone....

@rpparker: Yes! Her movements were much more muted and required more attention to notice. And she'd punch my bladder or something randomly hard enough to bring tears to my eyes. thankful I adjusted to the pelvic pain pretty quick and my breathing issue went away after a couple days too. But now she's moved again lol! She's still lower but is more out then in. she's been like a little jumping bean. Im glad my appointment is tomorrow morning so I can talk to my doc about it. My son never signed this much!

38. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Marfi: Well do not feel guilty about any gender disappointment because I felt some both pregnancies! You just have to let yourself go through the emotions but I can't imagine the roller coaster. Funny that your first instinct was right!

39. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@Marfi: Oh my goodness definitely a big surprise! Lurking from the Dec. board (but due date is 12/2 so I might end up a Nov. mama ) and we are having a second girl per the early gender ultrasound and the anatomy scan. I would be so shocked to find out there's a little boy in there. Especially since we've started buying things for the baby to prepare and it's all girl! We're not actualy scheduled to get any additional ultrasounds for the rest of my pregnancy so I feel like it's awesome you found out so soon vs. at birth

40. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

@lindseykaye: The ultrasound was actually an elective one that my mom got me for my birthday! Otherwise we wouldn't have had a shock at birth!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee