Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2018 Moms

1. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

How's everyone doing? I am so glad to be getting out of the first trimester fog but I also sort of hate this part of pregnancy - where you don't feel anything! So I've got a bump, little more uncomfortable but also at times don't "feel" pregnant so then I start to worry. Anyone else?

2. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@rpparker: I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm several weeks behind so I still have a while to go before i'm in the second trimester. Still feeling pretty lousy. I remember feeling that way with my first. Some days you just don't feel any different. once you start feeling movements then its game on.

3. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Duplicate post. Computer glitch.

4. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

I'm glad to see the first trimester fog/sleep needing to be gone. But the Morning Sickness for me is stick around.

I've been feeling some twinges that I think are baby and I remember having those before with my son around this time (15/16 weeks) and they went away until later when he was a lively little feller!

5. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@rpparker: I'm glad you're feeling better! I get days when I don't feel pregnant too. It's annoying but still better than feeling sick all the time.

@MrsMom: hope you feel better soon! We're getting there

@RKitty: I'm getting little twinges too! Very very rarely, and they're not kicks, but if the baby does a full-body flip, I feel that. I don't think she's figured out kicking yet! But DS started kicking me at 15 weeks, and DD at 13 weeks, so any day now...

6. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: @Mama Bird: Def felt some little movements last night! The best!

7. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@rpparker: yay! So exciting!

8. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Hows everyone doing? I swear some days I forget I'm pregnant... so many things keeping me busy this time around!

9. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Finally not feeling sick anymore! Just like last time, woke up at 16 weeks feeling good. I don't really look pregnant, but I replaced a lot of the missing maternity clothes for the future, and cleaned out my closet/prepped for summer this weekend.
    Did my Spina Bifida testing last week, start my P17 progesterone shots on Monday, and have my 17 week appt next week (at 17,5).
    We also decided on a name!

10. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@lioneyes: Glad you're feeling better! I pulled out maternity capri's this weekend! Not really big enough but I need to buy some and I can't bring myself to spend money on normal ones to wear for like a month!

What name?! If you're willing to share! We have a strong contender for the name but aren't set yet. I had a name I always wanted for girl but for some reason it doesn't seem right this time.... the funny thing is my Hubby wanted to name it if it was a boy Wilde and he though it was funny but it really kind of grew on me. (Our son is Zach - so Zakk Wylde. He's a fan)

11. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@lioneyes: yay! So glad you are feeling better!

I think we have our names set too! For a boy, we are thinking Ward. I’ve always just loved it. Then when I was cleaning out my office I found an article about my dad’s step-grandmother’s house (she raised his mom from age 8 so only grandmother he knows) and her maiden name was Ward! He called he Wardie but my whole life I thought it was just a made up grandmother name but now that I know it’s a “real” name it feels very serendipitous!

I have my next appointment Monday!

12. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Had my first P17 (progesterone) weekly shot today. Really not too bad, but I bet I’m sore later. 17w appointment Thurs, anxious to hear the heartbeat again.

13. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Well I spoke too soon on my last post!

I had an ultrasound today (16 weeks 4 days) and it’s girl number 2! I’m a little disappointed. I was really feeling boy and I have brothers so not sure of the sister dynamic. But trying to focus on the positives!

14. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@lioneyes: Do you have to do the shots through the whole pregnancy? or just for a few weeks? I'm glad it all went smooth!

@rpparker: Oh no! I mean not really oh no but I get what you mean. I think we both had boy names kind of set and then when the baby turned out to be a girl is messes with you!

15. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@lioneyes: hope you aren’t too sore!

@RKitty: right?! It’s just hard to wrap your head around something new! I’m sure I’ll be over it by tomorrow!

16. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Terrible pregnancy symptom i don’t recall from last time: i got my regular bikini wax 2 weeks ago and am dealing with so many ingrowns! This has not been a problem for me for a while and it’s back and so painful/annoying! Anyone else?

17. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@lioneyes: I don't wax... but I'd got some nasty ingrowns my last pregnancy and I've gotten one this time already and I don't usually get them!

We had our Anatomy scan and everything looks good except they couldn't see everything they wanted for the heart so we have another US appointment in a month. (But everything they did see looked good.

18. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@lioneyes: @RKitty: I've given up with the legs I'm just wearing the one pair of stockings that still fits, or leggings.

Finally told my boss, and she didn't bite my head off. She's really nice but yeah, I was worried I'd get some kind of "what were you thinking?!" reaction. Now I can finally ditch the baggy clothes, yayyy!

@RKitty: that happened with DD1's anatomy scan too! She was just not cooperating and the tech couldn't get her to turn to see the heart properly, but it was fine - she got a better look at the next ultrasound.

19. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Mama Bird: I'm glad 'coming out' at work went smoothly for you

Our first had the same issue but it was another organ... but since everything else looked good we didn't bother doing a second US but since this one is the heart we're going to do it. At least at my doctors it's all at the same place so I don't have to go anywhere.

20. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

Had my anatomy scan this morning! We’re having a little girl! We’re super excited!

21. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Marfi: Congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything is moving along good for you!

We received the results from our NIPT and we're having another Boy .I'm so happy for DS to have a brother!

22. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Awe! Love seeing all these anatomy scan results!

I've felt like crap this week. Just uncomfortable and tired and blah. I don't remember hitting this wall so early last time. Hoping it's just the heat and a bad week!

23. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

Anatomy scan today went well! Everything looking good for baby as well as for me. After the US nurse said it was all good she had the doctor come in and do an abbreviated pass to reassure me.

Baby is confirmed as a

24. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

So many little girls!

My son has been obsessed with babies lately and while he's not quite two yet I cant help but think he understands more then we think he does. And hes obessed in a good way. He loves saying hi to them and giving them hugs and kisses. We have to watch him though cause he tries to carry them too!

And it's weird either cause the baby is hanging out differently or because it's my second I actually am getting a belly! With my first I didn't till the very end.

25. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Random crib question. We bought our daughter a bedroom set with a convertible crib. She is currently in the toddler bed form but we are ready to convert it to a twin or double. We always thought of it as "her bed" and are keeping her the same room after new baby arrives. But now that we know baby #2 is a girl we are tempted to convert this bed back to a crib and get a new set (double bed/dresser) for DD1. Any pros/cons I'm not thinking of? Kind of feels like 6 one way, half a dozen the other.

26. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Duplicate post

27. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@RKitty: Too cute! My DD ran out of the pool yesterday to look at a baby chilling with his mom on the deck. The baby is the youngest of 4 so the mom was not worried about a random kid swooning over her newborn and we all had a good laugh at her enthusiasm.

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@rpparker: Lurking from the December board to comment because I'm thinking about this same thing! We asked DD if she wanted something new and to give her sister her old furniture but she said 'no I want to keep my bed forever' so I guess that's that.
    I actually reached out to the MFR to see if I could get just the headboard/footboard parts for the same crib because we have the sides, toddler rail, mattress support and everything just chilling under her bed. So if those are available I can just re-build it using the same parts. If it's expensive, or they're not available, then we will go the same route and get new baby a 4-in-1 that can grow with her the same way.

29. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@rpparker: maybe ask her if she wants a big girl bed? The kids both moved up to bigger beds this winter, and it went very well because they both see it as a big kid thing. It also doesn't hurt that both beds came with big perks - DS now has shelf space to stash his favorite toys, and DD (who moved out of the crib) has a bed I can sit on at bedtime

30. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@rpparker: ah forgot to mention we have already converted DDs crib to the toddler bed and then the full bed now. So I think if you wanted to transition yours to a big bed you could do it with a whole new bed (vs converting with the rails) and use the crib for #2. At least I think it would have been easier for my DD that way vs. her now being used to her own big bed.

31. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Mama Bird: Her crib goes to just a headboard/footboard so it would seem like a "big girl" to her, I think! I need to ask if she wants to go shopping for something new - that would really be a perk for her!

@lindseykaye: That is genius! We already have the rails for the transition so it needs to go to a big bed either now or with DD2. We will see if we can get another headboard/footboard set too!

32. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@rpparker: Just got a reply and our crib is no longer in production and they've sold all pieces (it was from 6 yrs ago so I kind of figured it was a long shot). There is a compatible model for sale now, but they let me know the headboard alone would be $100 without shipping from CA to FL.

Looks like we'll be getting a new crib for the baby. It's just kind of a bummer to have all the other pieces sitting there doing nothing and not be able to essentially recycle them. Oh well, we tried!

33. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@lindseykaye: maybe check some consignment stores or Facebook Marketplace to see if you can find the parts. Worth a shot!

@rpparker: That's cute too. So far he's only gone after babies with other kids so I haven't been too worried! But today at his sitters he's spending all day with a 6 month old.

In regards to beds and crib... My son has never slept in his crib. And been in it like twice? He has napped a couple times in our pack n play when younger or played in it when we needed to keep him contained. We've co-slept with him since he was about 3 months old But we're working on evicting him from our bed into his own bed. We toyed with converting his crib into the toddler bed and then moved onto get him his own full bed. And now we're actually going to move our queen bed from our room into his room and buy ourselves a king bed! Our thought is that since it's the bed he's used to sleeping on he'll adjust a little better.

34. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@RKitty: lurking from the October due date board...this is my toddler too! has never slept in his crib haha. I am trying to gear up the energy to move him and probably my husband to the spare room but I am so tired! keep us posted on how it goes!

35. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@yogifish: Since we first talked about moving him out about 6 months ago and he's still in our bed. And we swore we'd get him out so he was used to it before the new baby comes.... (I mean we still have a couple of months but time is ticking!) I'm not expecting it to go well!

36. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Happy 4th! My DD is with my parents at the beach so we are using this holiday and free time to paint the nursery and convert the toddler bed to her big full bed! I forgot how much crap I accumulated in the extra bedroom now nursery!

37. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

Is anyone else starting to see movement from outside? Baby has been practicing karate for the last two weeks, and last night I saw for the first time that my stomach is actually visibly wiggling if I look close. I'd forgotten how cool and weird this is

38. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@rpparker i jus had a mini panic attack thinking about how November is not that far away, so DH agreed to paint a dresser this weekend, and take a day off in a few weeks to help me clean out the closet in the current spare room/soon to be nursery, which is jammed with both baby stuff and other random things. once those items are done, I'll feel a lot more settled.

39. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@lioneyes: nooo! Don't say that! November is very, very far away!!!

40. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Mama Bird: happened today for the first time! It’s so weird!

@lioneyes: it felt good to get some stuff cleaned out! Even though most of it went from one closet to another

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee