Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@MrsRcCar: I know it I hard to rest I have a toddler too. I have no energy. What iron rich foods did you eat?

I think my irons stores were ok.

Last time I almost had to have blood transfusion which scares me.

2. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Boston terrier mom: We love dark green leafy veggies and a lot of our staples are iron enriched because we are a celiac family. We also do a lot of beans because kiddos will eat them. I am not a huge fan but for the sake of Iron. My boys and I still struggle with iron. My kiddos are on flintstones with iron and my prenatal has extra extra iron. When I was pregnant with E I had to be on prescription iron as well.
    http://www.healthcastle.com/iron.shtml <-- great resource.

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Boston terrier mom: I had them check mine at my 12 week apt as the exhaustion was insane, it was normal just being pregnant with a 15 month old
    Kudos to you 3.5 and 2! You go Mama! Some days she wears me out and I am ready for bed at 8 too....lol

4. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@MrsRcCar: thanks I'll read up. My issue is food adversions still. I'm on prescription iron now too.

5. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Boston terrier mom: the article also includes foods that help your body absorb iron better. 😉

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Is anyone interested in a non-Gold bump thread? If not, I'll just stick my pics here.

7. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: oh, yes! I didn't realise that one was Gold until just now.

8. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@avivoca: I would be in gold or not gold bump thread.

9. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@avivoca: I am! I don't really have a bump yet, but I love seeing everyone else's! I might even be brave enough to post mine once it shows up

10. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Thanks for the new thread too!

Cramping a lot today. I hope it's more growing pains. I gotta say, I miss being spoiled by weekly ultrasounds!

11. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

Ok...I just need a mini-vent. Does anyone else's family/extended family members continually ask when your next doctors appointment is? I don't know why, but this drives me insane. Who cares?! All that is going to happen is I'll pee in a cup, they'll listen to the heartbeat, ask if I have questions, and send me on my way. I get that they're excited, and I truly appreciate that, it just seems like an odd question and I get it from multiple family members. My mom can see I get annoyed when she asks me this and then gets mad at me for getting annoyed My mom will also ask me weekly "how's the little [insert fruit/vegetable baby is the size of]?!" I know she's just super excited for her first grandchild, and it should not annoy me, but for some reason it does and I don't know why...just typing that makes me feel like a horrible person.

Are pregnancy hormones making me overreact, or am I just being a bitch?

12. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Kitkat: my mil does this. It is annoying but this is my second pregnancy and she still does it, so I've learned to respond to her texts and then move on.

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Kitkat: My mom can get a little squirrley with that kind of stuff, but I try to remember she is just excited!

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Kitkat: My parents do this too, especially with my anatomy scan coming up. I just try to remember that they are excited too.

15. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Kitkat: I have a family member that does the fruit thing. It's super annoying to me because I don't keep up with it, and this person kind of makes me feel bad for not knowing. It's okay to be a little grumpy when you're pregnant!

16. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@Miss Ariel: @FaithFertility: @avivoca: @mfa_lady: thanks ladies...it's nice to know I'm not the only one this irritates.

On a lighter note, I started feeling flutters yesterday...so cool!

17. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Anyone else getting globby mucous? I am getting a bit nervous.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: Yes, all the time it grosses me out but I do remember it too from DD

19. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@FaithFertility: I had it a while in first trimester, but have had cramping tonight and just went to the loo - a clear/yellow glob about the size of a US quarter?

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: I think it is mucus and normal, I wipe and have globs at times too......sorry TMI

21. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: as long as there is no blood in it, it should be normal. I have pretty regular discharge with larger globs now and then.

The worst thing is picking up your LO and then getting round ligament pain. Awkward dance of don't drop kid and relive some of the pain.

22. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@jaguar: I've had the same for DD and this pregnancy! SO MUCH DISCHARGE.

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: I had this last time and it's shaping up to be a moist (ick) pregnancy this time.

24. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: Experiencing that too. Heard that there is more mucous with subsequent pregnancies. Things aren't as tight...

25. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Thanks guys! The mucus has slowed, but the cramping is still there. Doppler was reassuring this morning though.

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

1 week and we find out!!!!! I'm dying

27. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@jaguar: the bodily secretions are astounding to me still! I wouldn't worry.

28. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

I've got pantyliners going on over here too!

Ladies, I am two for two with hyper-emotional breakdowns these last couple of days. Talk about being in hormone overdrive. I think it's actually my job, too. I've worked many 12-15 hour days recently (desk job). It's just what is expected at my job, but I'm not liking it. Fortunately DH are taking a long weekend to catch up and relax. Hoping the other FT moms/moms-to-be are having an easier time!

29. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Amorini: I'm exhausted just reading that *hugs*

OB squeezed me in to check cervix/baby. Looks ok, nothing to panic about. x

30. lollipop_sorbet

pea / 6 posts

Hi, I've just started my week 14 and for the last 3-4 days, I've been having really bad nausea. I've had nausea throughout my first trimester but it had started to get better at week 12/part of week 13. I was down to maybe one or two mild nausea attacks a day and now I'm back to where I was at week 9/10. Is this normal? Have you guys experienced anything like this where your symptoms subside then come back with a vengeance? I'm just afraid that I'm overlooking something that's potentially more serious.

31. Paddington10

cherry / 155 posts

@LOLLIPOP_SORBET I was nauseated, it went away for a week or two, then came back badly at week 14 or so. But then it went away again. I wouldn't worry too much -- one thing that helped me was eating lots of small meals. Inevitably the nausea would flare up if I hadn't eaten enough.

32. lollipop_sorbet

pea / 6 posts

@Paddington10: oh man...glad to hear you're now feeling better. Also good to know that I'm not alone! Thanks!

33. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@jaguar: glad baby is good!!
    @lollipop_sorbet: You are not alone! I am 13 weeks 2 days and it's like the sickness is back with a vengeance. I am ready for it to stop but I am ready for the second trimester energy and what have you. Or to just not being sick everyday.

Had my appointment this morning and baby sounded great on the Doppler and I see genetics on Monday to discuss my testing. Progesterone shots start in 3 weeks. 😬

34. lollipop_sorbet

pea / 6 posts

@MrsRcCar: great to hear that your appt went well! Good luck with the upcoming test!

Yeah, I'm just waiting to not be sick anymore!

35. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Man! I'm having some really weird pain today--on the right side, where I'd imagine my ovary is (is that weird?). I'm sitting in a comfy chair at work (like a club chair) with my feet up and I keep having this shooting, pinching pain. I'm trying not to worry but I'm getting weird looks at the office because I keep wincing!

36. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Last night I had one of those crazy rage dreams. Hubs basically left me for another woman while I was pregnant. The worst part was that he made a big scene at a cookout we were hosting with all of our friends around us. I woke up crying, like total ugly crying laying in bed. Took forever to calm down to go back to sleep. Now I'm so tired today...

37. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@TFrances: apparently I cried the other night in bed too but I don't rememeber it! DH told me I was whimpering in my sleep.

38. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Anybody else waking up to pee SO MUCH at night? I went to bed at 930 last night and had to go at 1130, 145, and 545. It didn't get this bad with DD until the bitter end. Looks like I'm in for a long next six months!

39. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@mfa_lady: Me! I was up three or four times last night.

40. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: I'm usually up once or twice to pee. Last night my wakeups were courtesy of a 3 yo who kicks a lot in her sleep.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee