Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I'm a bit sad about the two under two thing. We would have had that if we hadn't lost Noah.

G will be over 3.5 by the time this baby is born, all going well.

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: I'm sorry!
    All is well, I pray for all HB mamas daily!

3. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@YouGotMe: Welcome! (from a fellow Ontarian )

@waiting4you: I plan on waiting until next year... to me it feels a bit too much like tempting fate, I guess? Maybe if I were farther along I would feel differently!

4. mand4

olive / 62 posts

@whiskers ....Congrats on the girl!

First time around we felt indifferent about finding out the sex, this time I'm really looking forward to it! Won't find out until 20 week ultrasound toward the end of May. Excited to either purge out all the super girly clothes or not have to get anything new.

Have vacillated between feeling normal... and feeling like I'm about 7 months pregnant (weird cervix pain? cramps? lots of pressure on bladder?).

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mand4: Same here. Most of the time I feel normal, then all of a sudden I'm excruciatingly tired. I also pee a lot and I've started leaking pee occasionally (FUN). My husband keeps asking me if I'm okay, and I'm starting to get really annoyed because a human is laying on my bladder and I pee a lot. Sigh. I try not to get too exasperated with him.

6. mand4

olive / 62 posts

@avivoca: hahaha- it is exasperating. The leaking is the worst! I keep forgetting not to cough or laugh or jump around... ugh.

7. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mand4: Thanks!

8. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: I hear you about not having the age gap I wanted. I had actually hoped to have #2 just after my son's third birthday. He turns 4 in June... Best laid plans...

9. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@mand4: We feel the same way. Last time we were team green but this time I want to find out. I need to either get rid of all boy clothes or wash them.

I am sorta hoping for a girl but will be happy with a boy.I am worried about gender disappointment but I know that is bad to feel too.

This time everything feels so different sore,tired and waiting for the end to come.

10. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@avivoca: Do you find you are getting a lot of cramp,muscle pulling feeling this time?I don't remember being this sore last time.

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Boston terrier mom: YES! I reached across the car this morning to get my water and I'm still sore two hours later.

12. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@avivoca: Ok good I was worried it was just me. My hips and pelvis hurt getting out of bed. I feel like I need a forklift now. I scared what will happen at like 8 months!

What do you do for pain?I am just trying to ignore it. But even walking more than 10mins hurts.

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Boston terrier mom: I'm ignoring it for now. I assume I'll start going to the chiropractor at some point, but it's manageable. I quit running because my pelvis hurt too much afterward. I've been walking with H and pushing her in the stroller a lot to keep my fitness up as much as I can.

14. Paddington10

cherry / 155 posts

Hello ladies -- anyone here dealign with heart palpitations at night? They just started a week or two ago. They only happen at night, usually when I lie on my right side. They go away in an instant, but it's freaky when it happens. I read that it could be from excess blood pumping through...?

15. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@Paddington10: I remember reading somewhere to only sleep on left side when pregnant due to blood flow or something. But I feel the same way when I sleep on right side.

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Paddington10: I had that with DD I contributed it to extra blood, and I do have anxiety!
    I would just breath and count in my head

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I am still sleeping on my stomach?! I remember with DD I was so afraid that I wouldn't but I wake and I am always on my stomach, doesn't hurt yet,anyone else?!

18. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@FaithFertility: me too! I try not to, but it's the most comfortable position. I actually asked my doctor about it last time I was there, and he said it was fine and I would know when it was time to stop. It still makes me nervous, but I guess I'll just enjoy it while I can (I'm 16 weeks).

19. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@FaithFertility: Yes! I'm still a stomach sleeper. Anytime I try to sleep on my side, I wake up with incredibly sore shoulders and/or my arms fall asleep. From what I've read, it's completely fine for baby, it's just a question of how long we can get away with it before it becomes uncomfortable! I've heard about doughnut shaped pillows you can stick under your abdomen to keep stomach sleeping longer into a pregnancy... I suspect I will be seriously looking into those when it gets to be an issue for me.

20. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Crossing posting this picture. I will be 13 weeks on Wednesday. I am struggling to excited about this pregnancy after our loss. I am hoping everything is ok in there.

21. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Still belly sleeping here.

Sick as a dog with a cold, thanks family.

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I'm still stomach sleeping. I think I was able to up until 27 weeks last time.

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Also... I miss sandwiches. It's hot out and all I want is a nice cold turkey and cheese sandwich. Dang listeria risk.

24. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Still tummy sleeping here. I figure my body will let me know when it's time to stop. On vacation in grand cayman this week. It's fun but vacation with kids is no vacation! Haven't seen a mosquito yet.

25. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@MrsRcCar: You look great, mama!

@jaguar: Oh, no! Hope you feel better soon. I was home with DD today because she has croup.

@avivoca: Yes. GIMME ALL THE SANDWICHES. Except, don't, because, listeria. But I feel your pain.

@winniebee: Have fun!!!

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsRcCar: Beautiful! x

@mfa_lady: Yeah, Miss G has a horrible croupy cough. It's change of seasons here, coming into Autumn, so we are all battling a bit!

27. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@jaguar: We had a well visit at the ped this morning and they wouldn't even give her shots because the croup cough is so much worse when they get worked up. It's so sad! It's just getting warm, here, but E is one of the weird ones who gets croup when it's warm instead of cold. She got it last year in the middle of July! Hope you guys are all on the mend soon.

28. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

I'm so so jealous of all the stomach sleepers. That's probably one of the things I miss most is sleeping on my stomach. I've even gone as far as trying to position myself on the couch between cushions so that there was space for my belly...nope didn't work. Between that and my appetite, that's about all I miss.

Really struggling to eat and the headaches are out of control when I get them every few days. Pretty sure I'm still losing weight so we'll see what the dr. has to say in a few weeks.

Oh,and whoever said wedding food is almost all on the no-no list...you were so right! Not to mention it all tasted horrible and what I did eat made me sick later that night. It was nice to get dressed up and hubby looked great in his new shirt and tie with his suit but seeing myself in pics for the first time, pregnant, was a bit of a shock. Don't see the "glow"...at all. We leave for the week long wedding on Monday...should be interesting.

29. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@FaithFertility: I wish I could still sleep on my stomach! I'm a stomach sleeper, but it makes me so sick now. I've been trying to sleep on my side, but I can't. So I've been on my back, which hurts!!

@avivoca: I miss sandwiches so bad! I sneak one everyone now and then. When I'm have MS, Jimmy Johns is the only thing that sounds good! Lol

@waiting4you: I've been getting headaches too. I've found that a little caffeine helps. I'm not a big soda drinker so it kills me to have to do it. But nothing else works.

30. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Um I still eat sandwiches occasionally. I was at a shower this weekend and there were delicious meat croissants and I was starving. I gobbled a few down.

My babe is now measuring to Oct 30 so I'll be watching both threads. Not sure if my doc will change my EDD from 11/3 though.

31. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@avivoca: I love cold sandwiches! My doctor just said eat them sparingly and from trusted places.
    @waiting4you: the headaches were killing me. I went and got adjusted that the chiropractor today. I am hoping releasing the tension in my neck will lessen my headache.
    @delight: I am straddling the boards myself. I will likely have this baby in October anyway. My kids enjoy early arrivals. 🙄

32. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

Damn you pregnancy hormones! I just burst into tears watching the ending of Pitch Perfect 2...

33. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@TFrances: I am not much of s crier when I am not pregnant but I cried last night watching scorpion. 🙈 Not really even cry worthy still tears. DH thinks it's funny.

Talk to me about managing hip pain. My left hip is keeping me awake at night. I did get adjusted today at the chiropractor offices. I was hoping for more relief but my hip joint is extremely inflamed. She recommended to rest it as much as I can until the swelling goes down.

34. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@TFrances: @MrsRcCar: I cried watching Teen Mom 2 last night. Although it was sad! Javi was leaving for deployment and both his wife and stepson were crying, so it felt justified to me.

35. dookie32

kiwi / 538 posts

I've been pretty lax on the deli meat/sandwiches thing because I eat it so often but I had Jimmy John's on Sunday and got sick so now I'm really paranoid :bummed:. I'm fairly certain it was either the tomatoes or the lettuce because my husband and I both got sick and we had different meat on our sandwiches. I wasn't violently ill and could still eat later on in the day but now I'm really freaked out about eating out. I feel like I need to avoid anything not cooked now.

36. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: Mine are more of the bitchy hormones. Holy cow. I'm just mean sometimes and then I cry because I feel bad.

37. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I am more snappy than usual this week.

38. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@MrsRcCar: I find the hip and pelvis pain so bad this time.im going to massage, Chiropractic and rest. But it's not easy to rest

39. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

Has anyone had low iron? I just found out my iron is very low.

Excited I get to book my next ultrasound for end of May. Not sure if we will find out gender or not.

I asked midwife about pelvic pain and round liagment pain she said tynenol,ice,heat and rest. I find it so bad this time.

40. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Boston terrier mom: hard to rest with a 3.5 and 2 year old. I typically have very low iron. I try to eat iron rich foods and take my vitamins. Make sure they check your iron stores not just your hemoglobin. Sometimes people have to get iron infusions. I never did but came close several times.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee