Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

Here are a few of the fun things I've been working on for the party

the signs will be used for decoration then we'll take a group pic with everyone who is team boy/girl

made a handful of glitter votive holders since we'll have people outside and it'll go into the night (even though we have lights outside.)

the mom/dad to be pins We're not particularly team boy or girl but put pink on mine and blue on hubby's. (added a few beer stickers to hubby's so it would make it a little more manly and he'd agree to wear it. he's a HUGE craft beer guy!)

The "oh baby" tags I turned into pins. Will have bowls of them by the front door so everyone can pick boy/girl and wear at the party.

2. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

Here's a question (long rant!) for everyone.... We're going to a wedding in North Carolina for a week soon. I'll be 17/18 weeks at that point. My husband is best friends with the groom and we are great friends with the couple, though the bride is quite a handful. My hubby is actually performing their ceremony. I sent them a text asking if there were any events during the week that I needed to pack something special for (rehearsal dinner, activities that she says she has planed etc.). Said that I needed to plan ahead since I can't just pull stuff from my closet and may need to get some shopping done beforehand if I need something special. Her response... "Oh, you'll be fine your clothes will fit". SERIOUSLY?!?! I'll be in my 5th month of pregnancy! You can't give us ANY clue as to what the dress will be...for a week!?! I told my husband he needed to contact the groom and get a better idea of what was going on because I might lose my mind on the bride and she doesn't need that.

First, how do you plan a wedding away for a week and say there are activities planned yet tell nobody what they are or when?! Especially since we will be paying for them,, not the couple. Second, how do you just assume that I'll be wearing all my regular clothes at 5 months pregnant. I didn't ask you to shop for me, just to give me a week or two heads up if I needed something. Come to find out, she has horseback riding and whitewater rafting planned. Again...seriously?! you don't think you could have told this preggo that was what was on the schedule?! so had hubby not packed a pair of board shorts you'd expect him to go whitewater rafting in what..jeans?!

I'm also really concerned (due to past behavior) that she's going to make life miserable with guilt when we "skip" one of said activities. She has a way of making someone an outcast in a group when we're out or on group vacations. She is a little younger and has no children, and although she's a paramedic, I don't think she fully understands what it's like to be pregnant. She gave us a really hard time about not doing some things during this last round of IVF. "What, can't you just do the shots in the car". yeah, I could, but I'm not.

How do I handle her lack of sensitivity to our "situation" of being pregnant and still have a nice time while we're away. I don't want to cause any trouble since it's her wedding week and I would never want to take away from that, but there should also be some respect for the fact that we're going WAY out of our way for them and if we need to bow out of things, that it should be ok without being "punished".
    I'll add - she rented houses for people to stay in. I want to say the house we're in is mostly bridal party and significant others, but there are 14 people. so we don't have the privacy of going to our own hotel room.

sorry in advance for the LONG post!

3. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@waiting4you: Oh boy, a WEEK? That sounds like the Ironman of weddings, not a vacation! Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about a hostess who makes you feel excluded when you can't participate. Do you know any of the other people staying in your house? Gaining allies who appreciate your situation more than the bride might help make you feel more comfortable and less excluded. I'm hoping that the "bride high" will keep her from being petty if/when you need to bow out. She'll hopefully be so busy and happy that she won't notice you much. That being said, I think it's a great idea to ask the groom for more info and I would probably send the hubs on to participate without me and/or I would drive with them to the activity and pick them up after. I have had a few friends who equate presence with participation. It may seem silly to put in the face-time when you can't ride a horse, but it can help smooth over bruised egos. Since you're still not feeling well or eating much, I would focus on your comfort. Do some google searching to see what emergency shopping is available near the destination. Bring any of your favorite snacks so that you are stocked and ready to go. I've found wedding food to be notoriously anti-pregnancy: cured meats, cold cut sandwiches, sushi, raw shellfish, not enough non-alcoholic drinks at events...all the trendy event food seems to be on the no-no list. I would probably end up buying a whole bunch of clothing and leaving the tags on so that I can return what I don't wear. Hopefully you can remain comfortable enough that you're up for whatever shenanigans the couple has planned and enjoy yourself!

4. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@waiting4you: adorable!!!!!!! I love the mom and dad 2 be pins!!!!!!

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@waiting4you: Awwe I am sorry, as your emotions/hormones run high being pregnant I am sure it is harder!!!!!
    I think you need to go with her flow as much as you can and if there is something that you can't do/commit to be honest and well her feelings are hers, I hope it turns out to be a great weekend for ya!!!!!!!

6. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@waiting4you: cute party ideas! that's bizarre about the bride not giving out info. I would expect there to be a few events where you will need a dress?

7. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

@winniebee: right? She always just expects that everyone will do what she says when she says. And while I'll give her credit for usually planning some awesome adventures, this time I need a little notice. The groom said "casual but no t-shirts" for the rehearsal. The wedding is in a barn in the middle of nowhere in NC. (Hence the house renting). Luckily we'll have our car so we have some freedom as far as that goes. The wedding invite also says to please wear either converse sneakers or cowboy boots. So I have a simple dress and cowboy boots. Hope that will do?! Hubby on the other hand is wearing a tux with sneakers.

8. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@winniebee: How many day in total did it end up being until you got your Maternit21 test results? Today is exactly a week for me so I am just curious how long recent results took...

9. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: I might have missed it, but did you ever get an update on your results?

10. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: I got the report online this morning. Low risk for everything. Waiting to share the sex until some other ppl know it.

11. winniebee

@Shantuck: I took the test on a Wednesday morning at 9 am and got my results on Friday at 2 pm Friday I called at 1 pm and they weren't in, but my nurse was super awesome and said she would call over to the lab, which she did, and then called me back.

12. winniebee

@whiskers:

13. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: Yay! So happy for you. And, of course, can't wait to hear the sex!

14. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@winniebee: Great. Thanks! My "under 35" sister went to the same place as me 2 months ago and of course got her results back 6 days later. She's had no losses or other indicators of anything wrong. And it looks like the one who is anxiously awaiting the results with two losses behind me will be the one who has to wait.... such is life.

15. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@whiskers: Yay! Great news!

16. lollipop_sorbet

pea / 6 posts

Hello~

I've been lurking for many weeks but haven't had a chance to join the conversation. It's my first time joining any sort of blog/website/thread, so I'm a bit nervous but really loved following everyone's pregnancies so far and I'm really excited to join this community!

I'll fill out the questionnaire from the beginning of the thread and add in latest information as well.

EDD: Should be 10/28 but latest scan indicates 10/29

How far along: 12w6d

First child? Yes - had 2 early miscarriages prior to this pregnancy, so we've been extra cautious!

Last doctor appointment: Changed this to Last Doc's, which was 2 days ago for the NT and blood work. Last week, we received our Maternity21 results - came out negative and we found out that we're having a girl!

New symptoms: Headache but it could be from seasonal allergies.

Old symptoms: MS/Nausea definitely have been getting better but it's still lingering.

Pregnancy related funny: When our doctor called us with Maternity21 results and the gender (girl), I squealed/screeched/screamed with happiness that the doctor was completely taken back and told us to wait a minute while she double/triple checked the results... I broke out into dances all night...

New news: Just waiting for NT results to come back and also find out if my growing fibroid will be an issue moving forward...

17. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@lollipop_sorbet: Welcome!

18. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

October 2016 Babies!
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 3 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 5 - TFrances (#4)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 7 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 10 - ThePickleMonster (#1)
    Oct 10 - Mand4 (#2)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 11- Alexandra603 (#2)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 12 - Paddington10 (#2)
    Oct 13 - Waiting4you (#1)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - Jaguar (#2)
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 16 - FaithFertility (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - Boston Terrier Mom (#2)
    Oct 19 - ArtsyFartsy (#2)
    Oct 19 - Bernieboo (#1)
    Oct 21 - Whiskers (#3)
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 25 - Lurleen_Lumpkin (#1)
    Oct 28 - Lollipop_Sorbet (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Oct 31 - Winniebee (#3)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

19. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

My Maternit21 test results just came back! Everything looks good!

20. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Shantuck: I've been stalking!!!! Great news!

21. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Shantuck: Yay!

22. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@lollipop_sorbet: Welcome! A girl!

@Shantuck: Yay! Are you TG?

@waiting4you: Your reveal party looks like fun! I think if you do what you can at the wedding and wear what you're comfortable in, you'll be fine. I like the suggestion of buying some new options and leaving on the tags until you figure it out.

AFM, my work has been all kinds of cray-cray. My happy preg news for the new -- other than always feeling flutters now -- is that my Mat21 bill came in mail ... crap insurance covered $0 (hello, I'm 40 people!) ... but Sequenom only made me pay $140.

ETA:
    New symptoms: fluttery flutters
    Old symptoms: ragey!
    Pregnancy related funny: The poor guy who services my car felt bad that I left the shop "quite upset" last time I came in last week. Uh, I didn't know I came off that ragey! I was just bummed that I drove there for nothing...
    New news: See above about Mat 21 "dealio."

23. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Amorini: I'm picking up an envelope with the gender written on a piece of paper in an hour. The plan is to do a little gender reveal party for just me, my husband, and my 3 year old. That will happen either tomorrow or Saturday so I'll update in a few days! I wish I had the strength to be TG. It's going to be hard enough not ripping that envelope open on the way to the bakery!

24. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Things have been quiet here. My next appointment is next week Friday. I will be 13 weeks 2 days at that appointment. I am hoping they will draw for genetic testing then. Who knows.

25. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@Shantuck: Ha! Sounds fun. I just want a gender reveal party for the cake really ... Maybe we can get a green cake.

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

At what point do I worry about not feeling ANYTHING? My next OB visit isn't until May and I'm feeling a bit paranoid.

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: If your placenta is anterior, you likely won't feel anything for a long while. I'm sure everything is just fine with baby, but I understand your paranoia given your history.

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: I didn't feel a thing with DD until 17 weeks according to baby book and I so remember even then it was so light and speradic
    I did have an AP!

29. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I had my next appointment today. Nothing too crazy, although my edd is officially changed based on my us. It's now officially October 13th. I'm fine with it though especially since I'd prefer to deliver naturally. Also I got pregnant on my first post-partum period, so who knows when I actually ovulated.

30. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@jaguar: I never felt anything with my pregnancies until after 18 weeks!

31. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: She's just taking you for another ride, that little pistol!!!

32. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

@jaguar: I was starting to feel that way the other day too. Though the next day k thought I might have felt something so I tried to remind myself that with no cramping and no bleeding, I'm probably ok?

33. winniebee

@jaguar: With DS2, I didn't feel anything until 14/15 weeks. Many second or third time moms still don't feel anything until 20 weeks. I've had some maybe movement this time, but I could be making it up since it's so faint and infrequent.

34. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Thanks guys, I'm sorry for being a nervous wreck as per usual! I still break the doppler out which is reassuring.. but I'm mostly just anxious something is wrong and maybe she's not growing properly, which is why I feel nothing.

IVF/miscarriage PTSD.. it's a real thing, man!

35. winniebee

@jaguar: I go back and forth between not worrying and being panic stricken. I haven't had an ultrasound in almost 4 weeks and it will be another week and a half until I have one. I did have good NIPT results, but I know they don't tell you if the baby is alive, as awful as that sounds.

36. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

I can't wait till this semester is over and I can actually keep up with you guys! Two more weeks! But I woke up today with morning sickness....not happy about that! Almost 16 weeks and I'm still nauseous. Wtf?! And it had to happen on the day I'll be working a hectic 10 hour day. Blah. But I felt movement last night for the first time! It was like a rolling sensation in my stomach. Very weird, but very cool.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whiskers: Yay, so happy!!!!
    @lollipop_sorbet: Welcome, congrats

38. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

Have any of you experienced/developed carpal tunnel in pregnancy? I've read it's normal but not super common and suspect I'm developing it in my right hand. Ouch! Not sure there's much I can do about it except perhaps a brace (and type less!)

39. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@lollipop_sorbet: welcome! I'm in the same boat as you - newbie poster

@waiting4you: Love all of your fun party crafts! So exciting.

40. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@TapDancer: I've never experienced it but have also heard it's common! Hope it doesn't get too bad for you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee