Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: I totally keep checking back here to see if you've sneakily update the list with your boy/girl update.

2. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: haha, you know how I roll.

3. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

October 2016 Babies!
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 3 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 5 - TFrances (#4)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 10 - ThePickleMonster (#1)
    Oct 10 - Mand4 (#2)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 11- Alexandra603 (#2)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 12 - Paddington10 (#2)
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 13 - Waiting4you (#1)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - Jaguar (#2)
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 16 - FaithFertility (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - Boston Terrier Mom (#2)
    Oct 19 - ArtsyFartsy (#2)
    Oct 19 - Bernieboo (#1)
    Oct 21 - Whiskers (#3)
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 25 - Lurleen_Lumpkin (#1)
    Oct 28 - Lollipop_Sorbet (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Oct 31 - Winniebee (#3)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

4. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: And you know I'm just over here creepin'. Hahaha!

5. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@whiskers: Thanks for updating. My, we are a long list.

TapDancer: Sorry about carpal tunnel. I've heard of that happening...

I experienced some strange, unpleasant sensations last night. I was laying in bed on my left side. When I tried to turn to my right side, I had like a sustained RLP cramp (or something else ... hoping that's all it was) that wouldn't let me comfortable lay on that side, even if I propped pillows. I then moved to the couch, where I was more reclined than laying horizontal. In a reclined position, I could lay on my right and had no discomfort. Weird. Does this sound like RLP or something else? No other symptoms and it totally went away when I returned to bed later on.

6. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@amorini: I'm new to RLP (just started noticing it a few days ago) but that's what it sounds like to me. I sometimes get it just as you described – laying in a certain position and it's relieved when I switch to something else. Oh the joys!

7. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

Hey everyone,

I have been MIA for a while I couldn't remember my password then I got busy.

I have a question about strollers. Anyone with more than 1 kid did you find you needed a double stroller? I can't decide if I should spend the money on a City Select.

8. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Boston terrier mom: I have two boys (3.5 and 2) I sold my double stroller. I normally carry my younger one and my oldest walks. Otherwise sometimes I use a small umbrella stroller. I barely use my travel collection stroller. It's nice but I hate taking strollers everywhere. We recently moved to wagons for outings like the zoo.

9. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@MrsRcCar: When you have the third, will you just wear one? I wasn't big on wearing my son so I am not sure what to do. He still uses the stroller at the zoo and I use it to help him nap.

I really want the City Select stroller but it's $$

10. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Boston terrier mom: my husband and I both Babywear. I plan to wear number 3 most of the time just like I have with E (#2). When I have better core strength after baby is here I plan to tandem wear. I was doing tandem wearing until they got to be more then 1/3 of my weight. I don't hate strollers, just hate to lugging then around and they take up too much space in my car. I am solo a lot due to DH's schedule for work and school.

11. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

It's a girl!!!!

Shocked! I thought for sure I was going to be the mom of boys. I'm 0 for 2 in guessing!

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Shantuck: Aaaah! I was exactly the same, total shock. Congratulations. xxxx

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shantuck: Congratulations!

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Boston terrier mom: Yes, we decided on the Britax double since we ready have car seat/bases from DD

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Shantuck: Congratulations!!!!

16. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

@Shantuck: congratulations!!!

17. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Shantuck: congrats on your baby girl!!

18. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Boston terrier mom: I have the britax b-agile double and I really like it. We mostly only use it on walks and rarely lug it places, but it is nice to have for sure. I always figure the resell of it when the oldest outgrows using it will help balance out the up front cost a bit.

@Shantuck: Congrats! I have terrible instinct as well.

19. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

October 2016 Babies!
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 3 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 5 - TFrances (#4)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 10 - Mand4 (#2)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - Jaguar (#2)
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - Bernieboo (#1)
    Oct 21 - Whiskers (#3)
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Oct 31 - Winniebee (#3)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

20. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@TapDancer: I've had tendinitis/carpal tunnel for years (since high school) and it definitely got worse with the pregnancy. I think it's leveled out some but we'll see. Here's my tips:
    - See a chiropractor... Sometimes the pain actually comes from your neck being out of alignment and pushing on the nerve. They can adjust your neck for that and adjust your wrist!
    - Get a massage... Again, if you carry stress in your shoulders (i do), then that can put strain on the nerves and make it worse.
    - Get a brace... Get two braces: one that's comfortable to sleep in and one for daytime. The daytime one should be really stiff and restrictive and have a metal plate to keep your wrist from moving. In my experience, the position your arm is in at night can make the pain so much worse during the day. As for the daytime brace, I usually can't wear it while I'm typing, but I try to wear it when I'm not at work and especially while I'm driving. It makes me more aware of the non-ergonomic position I put my wrist in all the time.
    - Ice... Sometimes all that works is ice. I have a huge smooshy ice pack and some evenings, I sit with it for a good two hours, 20 minutes on, 20 off.
    I hope some of that helps you! Not being able to take much pain meds for it has been a serious drag, so I've had to up my prevention game!

21. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@bernieboo: You rock! Thanks so much for the tips - so helpful. Using ice as we speak, planning on a massage tomorrow.

22. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

Question; for 2nd or more time moms...did you celebrate your first Mother's Day while you were pregnant with your first or wait till the next year when the baby had arrived?
    1st time moms in the group...do you plan to celebrate this year or wait?

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@waiting4you: My husband got me a card and my parents sent me a card. It was sweet.

24. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@TapDancer: I didn't get it while pregnant, but I got it after G was born - and a wrist brace helped a LOT!

25. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@waiting4you: I didn't, apart from going to lunch with my in laws as normal. I asked Dhaka if he'd get me a gift, but he was pretty insistent that it did to "count" yet.

26. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@waiting4you: I think my first Mother's Day I got flowers from husband and mother and mil gave me a card.

27. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

So I decided to buy city select stroller it was on sale and I'll use it daily.

Anyone else not feel as excited about second
    ,third or more pregnancy?

I have a feeling it is a girl but not sure if we will find out. Not finding out was fun before.

28. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

I'm extremely late to the party but here I am!

EDD: October 25th

How far along: 13 weeks 4 days

First child? Second! also have a 15 month old DD

First doctor appointment: I'll just go with next appointment - will be the end of May as I just had my last one on Tuesday.

Who have you told? Everyone knows at work and my parents know but not my In-law's because my DH is too weird to talk about it. Haha

29. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@waiting4you: DH bought me a cute card, but no, we didn't really celebrate. We saved it for the next year when bebe had arrived!

30. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@YouGotMe: welcome! We have a handful of Jan 15 moms on here.

31. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@YouGotMe: Welcome! My DD is almost 16 months old, and I'm due a few days after you.

32. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

I had joined the Nov boards but got bumped up to Oct 23rd and never came to say hi over here.

How far? 13 w 6 days
    Edd: October 23
    First drs appt: I didn't have one till 11 weeks, I thought I was 9 weeks though since Ive been bf and haven't had a period in forever.
    I've got 2 girls - almost 5 and 2
    Symptoms: so tired and naseous though it's getting better. I worked out through my other pregnancies but I just don't have enough energy for everything this go around. Maybe 2nd tri will be better.
    @waiting4you: I was due a couple weeks after Mother's Day with my first. We spent the day getting the house and food ready for baby and guests but then my dh surprised me and had booked a prenatal massage and made us a nice dinner while I was there.

33. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

October 2016 Babies!
    Oct 1 - Amorini (#1)
    Oct 3 - Avivoca (#2)
    Oct 5 - Goosey (#2)
    Oct 5 - TFrances (#4)
    Oct 6 - Hylidae (#1)
    Oct 9 - KrzyRiver (#1)
    Oct 10 - Mand4 (#2)
    Oct 11 - BunBun (#1)
    Oct 11- TeamJH (#1)
    Oct 12- KitKat (#1)
    Oct 13 - Miss Ariel (#2)
    Oct 14 - SDMomma (#2)
    Oct 15 - Jaguar (#2)
    Oct 15 - GreeneBee (#2)
    Oct 18 - cnidaria (#1)
    Oct 19 - Bernieboo (#1)
    Oct 21 - Whiskers (#3)
    Oct 21 - Charmed (#2)
    Oct 22 - Dookie32 (#2)
    Oct 23 - Maysprout (#3)
    Oct 23 - Tapdancer (#1)
    Oct 25 - YouGotMe (#2)
    Oct 29 - MFA_Lady (#2)
    Oct 31 - Winniebee (#3)
    Nov 2 - MrsRCCar (#3)
    Nov 5 - Shantuck (#2)

34. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@YouGotMe: @Maysprout: Welcome and congrats ladies!

@waiting4you: Not really the same, but I celebrated my first Mother's Day before hubby and I got married so before I was really my son's stepmother. And hubby has already asked Ethan what he and Bean should get me this year. I think it's pretty typical to celebrate when pregnant, isn't it? We don't do anything real over the top.

35. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Shantuck: congrats!!!!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@waiting4you: I got a few Mom 2 be cards! But didnt focus on me that day! Last year DD was about 5 months old?! So I was definitely celebrated!

@Boston terrier mom: I can't say I don't feel as excited, but this time I think obviously I'm more busy with DD and work so I don't bask in the PG glow too often, but latley at night I've been laying in bed feeling the flutters and talking to baby more and more

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Maysprout: Welcome

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@YouGotMe: Welcome! We have a lot of 2 under 2

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

The hormones are strong today. We planned to have a mommy and me mini session this afternoon and all chances have been ruined by my toddler who refuses to nap. So I had to cancel and I'm so upset. We have never had professional pics done in the entire 9 years that I have been married and I was looking forward to it.

40. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@FaithFertility: I did not expect to end up with two under two even though it was my plan haha

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee