Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: I'm glad you are both doing well!

2. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts, i wish you all an uneventful and joyous next few months.

I'll be back eventually, maybe, someday.

3. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@YouGotMe: Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

4. dookie32

kiwi / 538 posts

@YouGotMe: I'm so sorry for your loss :(. My thoughts are with you and your family.

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@YouGotMe: *massive hugs*

6. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Is anyone else doing Spinning Babies exercises for breech kiddos?

If I do one more inversion or pelvic tilt, I think my head will explode.

7. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: I've got a breech baby over here as well but my transverse baby adjusted himself last time around at 36 weeks so I'm not going to sweat it yet. Once I hit 30 weeks though, I plan to do exercises, acupuncture, etc to help things along.

8. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I want to do a check in. I know this thread has had a lot of heartache that makes it hard to post, but I am curious how a lot of you are doing.

How far along:
    Sex:
    Current struggles:
    Recent victories:
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying:
    Next item on your to do list:
    Looking forward to:

9. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

How far along: 25 weeks
    Sex:
    Current struggles: I'm so tired all the time and super irritable. I feel like basic tasks are such a struggle.
    Recent victories: Nursery is ready and passed viability.
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Dragging. I can't wait to meet this girl and feel like myself again. I feel guilty, because this is my last pregnancy, but I'm so over it.
    Next item on your to do list: I'm working on one last art project for the nursery. The rest of my list can't be done until a month or so out.
    Looking forward to: Hopefully uneventful remainder of pregnancy and meeting her for the first time.

10. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

How far along: 28 weeks tomorrow

Sex:

Current struggles: I've hit the point where I'm always tired, and I'm also very irritable.

Recent victories: I turned over like a normal person!

Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: I feel like it's flying! This baby will be here before I know it.

Next item on your to do list: Buy H's big girl mattress so we can get the room switched around.

Looking forward to: maternity leave! My job has been super stressful these past few weeks.

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@YouGotMe:

12. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

How far along: 24 weeks, 5 days

Sex:

Current struggles: The Texas heat! I am in a constant state of sweating. Also, I've had to slow down a lot due to SPD (pelvic dysfunction = ouch) which makes me antsy. But otherwise, enjoying this time and feeling pretty good.

Recent victories: Cleaned out the former office (now nursery) and painted the walls light grey. We're putting up wallpaper (on one wall) this weekend. Feels like a big check on the to-do list.

Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Flying.

Looking forward to: Vacation! Leaving for California in one week for a few nights in SF and then a road trip down to Carmel/Monterey/Big Sur. Can. Not. Wait! And I'm with @avivoca, besides meeting this little guy, I am most looking forward to maternity leave. Work is a total bear and I can't wait for a break from the day-to-day stress of it.

13. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

How far along: 23 weeks tomorrow (my 10/31 date got pushed back 5 days to 11/5 at my first u/s despite being being pretty sure about when I ovulated, etc.)
    Sex: Female
    Current struggles: Physically, I'm feeling fine but for the occasional leg cramp at night or the constant urge to pee.
    Recent victories: Making it this far in pregnancy (had two miscarriages in the last year).
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Flying. I have yet to purchase anything I need for the nursery but for a hair bow holder. What's wrong with me?!
    Next item on your to do list: I need to purchase all of the things on my pinterest board and secret Amazon baby registry (I'm a 2nd timer).
    Looking forward to: Being done with the anxiety that this pregnancy has brought. With my pregnancy for DS, I was blissfully unaware of all the things that can go wrong and pregnancy was just full of cute maternity clothes and baby registries.

14. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

How far along: 26+2 going by when I know I ovulated; 27 weeks exactly going by my doctor's EDD (based off LMP)

Sex:

Current struggles: getting everything done/ready in time! I really want to get the guest bedroom furniture out and buy nursery furniture. Also, deciding where to go on a mini-babymoon (and when). Total first world problems.

Recent victories: we decided on a name last weekend! (Benjamin )

Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: FLYING!

Next item on your to do list: buy nursery furniture, find a daycare

Looking forward to: meeting him! Also my baby shower in August

15. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@TapDancer: your vacation sounds amazing! I love Carmel; we got married there thinking about going there for a weekend as our babymoon. Have fun!!

16. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

How far along: 26w5d
    Sex:
    Current struggles: All mental. At last week's u/s, I discovered I have "notching" on one side of my uterine artery, which the OB said is just something we watch. Google says it could lead to very scary stuff and pre-e and other complications. Trying not to let anxiety take over. Physically, I'm ok! Just some leg cramps, peeing like crazy, feeling huge, etc.
    Recent victories: Signed up for daycare! Also I only gained 3 lbs in last month (but 20 overall so far and need to keep it under control).
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Both? It's so weird. The days drag on but the weeks fly.
    Next item on your to do list: Call night nurse, start buying stuff.
    Looking forward to: being in third tri. And hopefully slowing down at work.

17. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@Kitkat: Ohh what a beautiful location for a wedding! And definitely a great excuse to make it your "place" for long weekend getaways Any must-sees in Carmel?

18. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

How far along: 23+6

Sex:

Current struggles: Balancing my 18-month old DD, being pregnant, and supporting my family as my SIL's health (she's been fighting two kinds of cancer for 4 years) declines rapidly. We drove 11 hours to be with her after we got some bad news last weekend and are still here, trying to figure out what we should do. Young toddlers and hospital waiting rooms/long drives do not mix, but we're doing our best.

Recent victories: Teaching DD to pat my belly and say "sister."

Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Is "both" an acceptable answer?

Next item on your to do list: Finish up our house renovations before I get too super-pregnant.

Looking forward to: Feeling her move even more. She's super active in the evenings when I'm laying down, but I don't feel her a ton otherwise. (Likely a combo of focusing on other things + anterior placenta.)

19. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@mfa_lady: Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. Sending hugs and good thoughts.

20. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@TapDancer: I love just wandering around the town. Definitely go to the beach at the end of Ocean Avenue. 17 Mile Drive and the Mission are also gorgeous. And of course, the aquarium in Monterey!

21. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

How far along: 26 weeks today!
    Sex:
    Current struggles: Honestly? The baby's positioning. I know I must sound like a broken record, but it's my biggest stress right now.
    Recent victories: Passing the magical 24 week mark and getting through one week at a time.
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Dragging. I'm so desperate for this little lady to be here, and well.
    Next item on your to do list: My Glucose Test is this coming week, boo. I'm also going to try and book a 3D ultrasound, even though my odds of a nice glimpse of baby are slim with her positioning.
    Looking forward to: I just want my OB to get back from holidays and see him in a few weeks time.

22. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

How far along: 27 weeks
    Sex:
    Current struggles: Near constant scar tissue pain. Carpal tunnel complications at night. Lots of fatigue. Dealing with my workaholic husband who's never around to help out with the toddler or just general house stuff.
    Recent victories: I've managed to keep participating in weekly toddler activities even when I don't really feel like it.
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Dragging right now...
    Next item on your to do list: Transferring toddler out of the crib and into a big boy bed. First I have to get the husband to move all the furniture.
    Looking forward to: My husband not working 80-90 hours a week.

23. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@TFrances: ugh, I feel you re: the carpal tunnel at night. Why is it so much worse then? Very much looking forward to that symptom fading away (hopefully)!

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@YouGotMe: Please know this thread is always here to talk!!!!
    So many thoughts and prayers!!!

25. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

How far along: 27 weeks on Monday
    Sex:
    Current struggles: I'm off work for the summer and my body is really hurting from being on my feet so much and chasing after my 2 year old. My lower back and legs hurt at the end of the day! I am also trying to pack up our place as we are moving next week. I feel like I've been pretty irritable lately with my toddler because of feeling so tired and uncomfortable.
    Recent Victories: I feel like I haven't been doing anything great lately I guess closing on our house, packing boxes and not letting my toddler have much screen time (it's very tempting when I have a lot to do or am tired).
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Flying. I'm shocked I'm getting close to 30 weeks! I haven't been paying much attention to this pregnancy as we've had so much other stuff going on I also have a ton to do before baby arrives.
    Next item on your to do list: MOVE! Unpack. Transition toddler out of crib. Potty train toddler. Figure out childcare. Set up baby boy's room/sort clothes/etc. Eeeek!
    Looking forward to: Being settled in our new place. Hopefully passing the 1 hour glucose (I failed last pregnancy and had to take the 3 hour test which sucked).

26. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Sex: but I feel like it's a boy

Current struggles: well, I failed my one hour diabetes test yesterday, so I'll take my 3 hour test on Monday. Although I'm guessing I'm going to fail it too since I did last time.

Recent victories: I'm not sure there are any! Ha!

Dragging or Flying: like @thepicklemonster: said, the days drag on but the weeks fly by.

To do list: well, we've down absolutely nothing, so I guess everything

Looking forward to: actually getting our 3rd bedroom cleaned out so we can start putting together the nursery.

27. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Looks like it's almost GD testing time for most of us now.

We don't do the 1 hour here in Australia, it's almost standard now to just do the longer challenge from the start.

Does anyone remember being given diet information prior to the fasting for the long test? I'm sure I got a sheet last time, but this time they said nothing but fast from the night before the morning's test.

28. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@jaguar: I've never received anything, just to fast. I've read, here of course, that's it better not to change your diet because it might make your results not as accurate, but who knows!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

How far along: 27 weeks tomorrow Ummm 3rd tri already?!?!? Crazy! I am going with 10/10 as my due date, he measured with that due date at 20week scan!
    Sex:
    Current struggles: Starting to get tired again! I am good until 1-2 p.m. then I need a nap!
    Also I get sappy thinking of DD not being my only one at times!
    Recent victories: His crib camecame the other day!!!!
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Days drag...weeks/months fly!!!
    Next item on your to do list: DH is doing his crib Monday, then maybe getting a list together for my Mom for a shower!
    Looking forward to: Last few weeks of summer before I go back to work!

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: I was just told to eat light with 1 hr!
    I remember the night before I ate no sugar or carbs and just had a bard boiled egg for breakfast morning of!

31. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@FaithFertility: @jaguar: @Miss Ariel: I did the one-hour test yesterday but don't have the results yet. Boo, I hate waiting but I am enjoying my weekend. The drink was gross but I didn't really any different. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I ate two hardboiled eggs before and just drank water. That was based on advice here, not the OB. However, when I went to the lab, they said it would've better if I had fasted. Hmm. That's strange to get such a range of opinions on how to approach this test...from eat nothing to eat light, eat protein only, eat normal. Seems like it would create such variability in the control range, you know?

@jaguar: Not surprised the 3-hour test is the standard in Aus. It is in Italy (and perhaps all of Europe?), too. I find some aspects of medical diagnostics and care to be more conservative and thorough there... (My MIL is an MD there so you can imagine the well-meaning ear load I get!)

32. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: I was told to fast for both. It was worse with the 3-hr because I was so insanely thirsty and not allowed to drink water. The blood guy said it would mess with the readings but my diabetic husband and his endocrinologist said that was BS and your level of hydration doesn't affect glucose readings.

We bought H's mattress, comforter, and pillow today. Tomorrow we are setting up her bed and getting the 1x4 slats for her mattress foundation. Then we have to wait for the mattress to get here on Saturday and if my husband is in town, we will set it up. If not, I will wait until he is in town.

He threw me for a loop because he wasn't expecting it to be so expensive (with delivery, it was $300) and he's so money conscious that it really sucked the joy out of it for me. H picked it out and it really was much more comfortable than the value mattresses, plus it has a 10-year warrenty. He's just convinced that we will be super poor after A comes and not able to afford anything. Things will be a bit tight with two in daycare, but it's such a short season in life and I can see that, where he just focuses on the present. He is also really adverse to me staying home because either way, it's going to be tight and I also don't think he holds a lot of respect for SAHMs (including his own mother), which is annoying and hurtful because I would LOVE the chance to stay home with my babies if we could make it work.

Sorry for the brain dump.

33. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

How far along: 28 weeks today! Crazy!

Sex: No, thank you! (Poor DH!) Oh, you mean gender?! We're still

Current struggles: I think I'm experiencing the return of some 1st tri issues I had like heightened anxiety and super emotional... And at times, severe exhaustion. Plus my 50+ hour/week job is intense. Projects I've been gearing up for over the past six months are taking off (boss is happy = good), so I'm only getting busier (and have no help = bad). I'm digging deep and trying to just take it a day at a time.

Recent victories: Some essential outdoor projects (driveway, etc) at our new-to-us home are really coming into shape. The bulk of our near-term goal will be done in the next month! And we ordered a crib! Yippee!

Time is freaking flying!!!! Hands down!

Next item on the to-do list: Get my nursery craft going! Ack!

Looking forward to: Getting our name options worked out! Last childless hurrah in airports traveling to my shower at 30w! Meeting this super active kick boxer in my belly! Radio silence from work! (Oh and learning how much leave I get--still haven't been given details! No FMLA!)

34. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: I'm sorry he isn't supportive of you staying at home. As far as mattress costs, it will ideally be used for 10 hours a day so spending more on a comfy one is totally worth it, imo. We got ikea ones for the girls and I feel a little bad that they aren't quite as comfy as the pillowtop one A was used to using. They are still in their "break-in" period so I'm hoping they get better over time. The one in the store was plenty comfortable.

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: I would have gotten an Ikea one if it hadn't been a 2+ hour drive in Cincinnati traffic! I plan on this being her mattress until she goes to college though, so I was okay with spending the money on a nice one (and still not a high end one). It's still firm but not as firm as her toddler mattress.

36. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: Yeah we were told water was fine BEFORE the bloods began, so the morning of the 3hr test (after fasting from the midnight before) to have a few cups of water pre-drinking the liquid.

37. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: lol, we drove ours 12 hours from the ikea in Texas I think the closest Ikea to us is 7 hours away. We were already buying the beds so we just got the mattresses as well.

38. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Ugh. Sorry to hear of the mattress struggles. I know how hard it can be. Mattresses -- quality ones -- can be so surprisingly expensive! We literally spent half of the afternoon discussing mattresses online (after spending two afternoons at mattress stores). Right now we would like mattresses for essentially three beds out of four in our house, including the crib (which is only ordered right now). We've decided that we only will get the crib mattress and one of the other ones. FWIW I hope the money stress over the mattress fades soon and you can enjoy lots of good cuddles on DD's new bed soon!

We are also hours upon hours from an IKEA. It's at least a tank of gas and 8 hour trip (to/from plus shopping). I'm of the thinking that if I can save money and justify the steep shipping for buying online, then it's worth it. Just today we got our crib plus other house items from IKEA online, but the mattresses of better quality were available for free shipping on Amazon and Overstock so we'll go that route.

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: Eh, I'm not stressed about it. We needed it, so I bought it. I loooove Ikea but my husband hates spending all day there (because you have to man, it's so cool to look around). We have to go there soon because we need a new couch and it's going to be a process (2+ hours there, shopping, fitting purchases in our car, 2+ hours home).

40. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

We're traveling back home today and I just ate two scoops of Baskin Robbins before I remembered I have my one hour GD test at 8am tomorrow. Think that'll mess me up?! I can eat better the rest of the day now that I remembered.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee