Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: i would think you would be fine, but I'm no expert. Good luck! I need to go in some time this week to do mine, probably Friday so I don't have to bring a kid along.

2. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: Thanks for the input! I'm paranoid because I failed the one-hour test with E. And I REALLY want to avoid the three-hour this time if I can help it.

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mfa_lady: Yeah, ice cream this afternoon is not going to affect you tomorrow. I had ice cream at 9:00 last night and juice before bed. My fasting number was 74.

4. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Holy insomnia. Not how I wanted to start this week.

5. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@mfa_lady: I wouldn't worry about it. You're testing your body's ability to process glucose so presumably if everything is working properly, that glucose from last night has long been processed before your test this morning. Hope the test goes well!

6. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: @Shantuck: Thanks guys! I had some water and some cashews before my test this morning, so we'll see how it goes. I forgot how gross that drink is!

@whiskers: Ugh! So sorry! I haven't been sleeping well either--hope you get some rest tonight!

7. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I'm in the middle of taking my 3 hour test. My fasting was fine (it normally is), but it's high after the first hour. I was at 187 when it needed to be under 180... So it's not looking good....

Although funny enough, the girl sitting next to me taking her 1 hour test goes to daycare with dd. It's too bad I had forgotten till after she left I had photos of her daughter on my phone from an event I'd gone to earlier this year! O well!

8. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Apparently I'm live posting my glucose test! But I just passed hour 2. I was at 147 and needed to be under 155. Only one more hour to go and I'll need to be under 140 for that, so it seems almost doable...

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: awwww fingers crossed numbers stay there
    !!!!!

I have my 1 hr Wed. Went for a check up today and she says we can do it now, I said ummmm no I had coffee and a danish for breakfast!

Also went up 6lbs since last month! But that is 13 over all so not too bad, I guess!

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mfa_lady: Fingers crossed for today!!@whiskers: Sorry about sleep!!!

11. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I passed! I was at 125 for my last reading. I know I would have been fine if I had gd again, but this makes it a lot less stressful.

@FaithFertility: thank you!!

12. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I have my GD test on Saturday. Would have made it earlier in the morning if I had remembered the fasting part!

13. mand4

olive / 62 posts

How far along: 27 weeks

Current struggles: Was hating getting dressed due to popped out belly button... then I put a little bandaid over it this weekend and felt way less self conscious. I know it's stupid, but I was sick of the comments and it popped SO EARLY. Also... my maternity clothes this time were all passed along from a smaller friend, so I've almost grown out of all of them. Not looking forward to having wardrobe reduced to hub's running clothes... but thankful for that option (work from home!) Have also been feeling randomly nauseous recently. And weak. And lazy.

Recent victories: Received hand me down stash of gdiapers. Am really thankful, because we want to do cloth this time, but too many choices cripple my decision making. 3yo is pretty much day-time potty trained now, too! When to do naps and nighttime??

Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Both. It feels like it was March yesterday, but I already feel so big I can't imagine the next 3 months.

Next item on your to do list: Getting a car seat, figuring out sleeping arrangements.

Looking forward to: visiting family in NC next week. Hubs has been working a lot and it's been hot here, so am looking forward to hanging out with family in their central air! Also: healthy bambino. cooler weather. sushi sometime soon (not avoiding, just have had a craving but no opportunity!)

14. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Shantuck: Is it the three hour test? You shouldn't have to fast for the one-hour. My doc gets ragey when people are asked to fast before that one!

15. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@mfa_lady: It's just the one hour. While listening to my stomach growl from just having to wait between breakfast and lunch today, I checked with my sister who is 36 weeks and at the same doc. She said our doc recommends eating normally before the test but to just not overload on sugar beforehand. That I can handle!

16. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@mfa_lady: my doc told me to fast for my one hour. Although when with my first pregnancy the nurse told me I didn't have to, so I tried to schedule my test in the afternoon. But the one at the scheduling desk made me do morning since she thought I had to fast. So for me it's been different based on who you ask.

17. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Shantuck: Ahh, glad you checked! Although, I will say--I TRIED to eat well for my first one, which was in the afternoon, and I failed. Not sure if it had anything to do with it, but I hope you have better luck! (And I hope I had better luck this time. Time will tell, I suppose!)

18. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Miss Ariel: Oh man, so weird. I've been told not to fast for either of my one-hours. My doctor told me this morning that it isn't medically necessary and it makes lots of people have to re-do it (for yucky reasons like barfing after drinking the drink on an empty stomach). But perhaps it gives a truer reading or something! Who knows?

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Miss Ariel: My midwives also made me fast for the 1-hour. They only schedule glucose tests in the morning because they require fasting for both the 1-hour and the 3-hour. I also couldn't have anything to drink, which was horrible during the 3-hour when I was so insanely thirsty.

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Anyone still sleeping on their stomach?
    DH says I do MOTN?!?!?

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@FaithFertility: I am as close to my stomach as I can get without being on it. Usually, I sleep with my leg up so I can get there.

22. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: Ugh, I remember not being able to have any other drinks during the 3-hour. IT. WAS. SO. MISERABLE. I am so, so hoping I don't have to take it this time.

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mfa_lady: That's why I refused to take it again. My midwife was totally cool with just calling me diabetic after the 1-hour because I just didn't want to suffer.

24. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: Such a smart idea. You know the drill already--why torture yourself?!

25. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

I have zero instructions for my test. The last time I was told specifically not to fast. I can't even remember the first time - but I think I fasted just by choice.

@FaithFertility: I sleep at an angle towards my stomach, but not on it.

26. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

I was told to fast for my one-hour, but not going for that until the 25th. (I'm convinced I'm going to fail because my mom and sister both had GD but we'll see.)

27. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@FaithFertility: I still do. Can't help it, I flip in my sleep apparently.

28. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Ladies, I came home from vacation yesterday to a lovely gift from some of the October moms- a beautiful memory box engraved with our son's name. It brought me to tears - the kindness and generosity of the members of this group and of hellobee in general has touched me so deeply and I'll never forget that. Thank you so much. A picture is below (I didn't show the inside because I already placed some of Dylans things in there and thought it might be hard for others to see). It is a gorgeous gift.

I haven't been on this thread at all in the last 6 weeks. But I know there has been more heartache for some members (which saddens me so deeply) and that some of you are in the third trimester already! I wish you all the best.

As for me, I've been to hell and back and somehow am still standing. Every day is still a struggle, but getting a bit easier as the weeks go by. I'm doing my best to maintain a happy home for my two boys and trying to live my life to the fullest in honor of Dylan. I'm still around hellobee, just not as much as before. I can't wait to see announcements of healthy births of your babes in a few months.

29. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@winniebee:

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@winniebee: So much love. I'm so glad you were able to update us - you haven't left my thoughts in all these weeks. xxx

31. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@winniebee: so much love

32. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@winniebee:

33. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@winniebee:

34. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@winniebee:

35. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@winniebee: thank you for the update

36. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@winniebee:

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: So good to see an update! That box is beautiful, I know many put in a lot of thought
    Prayers always!!!

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Starting my day off drinking the sugar sh*t...
    So gross!!!!!
    Like @mfa_lady: I forgot and had a cupcake with DD last night.... Loops!

39. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: lots of love to you and your family

40. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: good luck!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee