Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@FaithFertility: Good luck! If I ever go through pregnancy again, I'm going to see what my options are for testing. I almost threw up the drink because it was so nasty.

2. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Well, Amazon prime day got me out of my funk of not preparing at all for this baby! Ordered a sleep machine, diapers, diaper cream, and breastmilk bags... you know, all the important stuff.

3. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@winniebee: So much love to all of you! Thank you for the update

4. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

How far along: 27 weeks
    Sex:
    Current struggles: lower back pain - ouch! Morning leg cramps just started yesterday - yay!
    Recent victories: Finally beat back the reflux and nausea with Nexium. I feel like a whole new person! Thankful that I passed the 1-hour GD test - I stressed about it for weeks!
    Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: Both. When I think about how much hotter this Texas heat is going to feel in another month, and two months, it's dragging. When I think about how much I have prepared (not at all!) it's flying!
    Next item on your to do list: Order a breast pump through my insurance. I'm wavering between the Spectra and the Medela PISA
    Looking forward to: A week in San Diego with my college friends + families at the beginning of August.

5. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

Just spent a wonderful relaxing week away at the family cottage and plopped right back into a crazy hectic week at work. So many pages to catch up on here!

How far along: 26 weeks

Sex:

Current struggles: 2 vessel cord was confirmed by MFM and I have to go back in for a fetal echo next week for an even closer look at the heart. They'll continue monitoring for IUGR since that can be associated with the cord issue. So far, everything's good, but I don't think we'll be able to fully relax about it until baby is here and healthy. Also, back pain. Not fun!

Recent victories: Goodbye placenta previa! I'm at 2cm clearance now and it should only get better from here on out.

Do you feel like time is dragging or flying: These last few weeks it's started to switch from dragging to flying. Realizing how little we've done to prepare and just how little time there seems to be left!

Next item on your to do list: Convincing DH that at some point in the relatively near future we might actually have to start buying things.

Looking forward to: Heading back up for another long cottage weekend - with this hot weather, I've really been enjoying all the time beside the lake!

6. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Love reading all the updates

I'm so happy to be at the 100 day mark today. I'm fairly certain I'll be inducing in the 39th week if I don't go before then so the countdown is getting real.

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I just realized that I'll be moving the crib by myself and then setting up the twin bed because my husband is out of town. AWESOME.

I'm actually really excited about it, because the mattress is coming on Saturday and it means that a baby is going to be here soon! Plus I've been dreaming of getting their room all set up too and it's FINALLY HAPPENING.

@whiskers: I have no idea how many days I have left. ETA: Just counted. SEVENTY-NINE. S*** just got real.

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

It's 92F (55% humidity) outside with a RealFeel of 102F. The air conditioning in this building works everywhere EXCEPT for my office. So I'm sitting here with a fan blowing directly on my face. Life is good. I feel bad for my coworkers because I commandeered the second fan, but I was dying otherwise.

9. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@avivoca: The 90+ degree weather on Monday brought out my cankles. Hadn't seen those since last pregnancy! I've been soaking in Epsom salt baths every night and they went down so I consider that a victory. Hot weather + pregnancy = disaster!

10. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: Yay! It wouldn't seem like such a big task on your own if not for the belly. I swear bumps make everything more difficult to do.
    lol. I have a countdown on my phone, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.

11. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

I passed my glucose test with lots of rooms to spare. And I kind of liked the nostalgia of the sweet drink -- what's wrong with me?! It reminded me of when we used to mix up our own batches of Kool-Aid as kids ... and add triple the sugar. Having a sweet tooth runs in my family, that's for sure.

ETA: Crib arrives Friday! WHAT?!?!

12. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

GTT tomorrow.... the big one.... preparing to fail pretty badly, so enjoying home made brownie today. #logic

I'm hoping we can get the crib set up in the next week or two... no real rush, just that I want it DONE. hehe.

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@avivoca: ughhhh the heat is horrible!

14. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: That was my logic, too. Enjoy it while you still can! Did you fail it last time with G?

@FaithFertility: @avicoca: I think we're the Southern gals, right? Holy hot weather. @avicoca: Hope the AC gets worked out in your office for the rest of the week!

@avicoca: @whiskers: My Amazon registry says 11 weeks to go! eek!

Baby stuff update: My shower is next weekend (I'm flying to it, so couldn't wait too long) and I got my first shower gift delivered in the mail! An ubbi diaper pail. Fancy and yet so useful. I didn't think it could be so exciting to get a thing where poopy diapers go.

15. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Amorini: Ha, that is exciting! Bit sad we have no shower.. guess I'll just have to spoil this one when she gets here.

I passed - BUT I was told to stay on Metformin, so I think that's what kept me under the levels last time. This time, my OB had me stop Met at 12 weeks... so I am anticipating wonkier levels.

16. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: Thanks, but it probably won't. They fixed it and then whatever they did caused it to back up and overflow (getting sludge out or something), which caused a ceiling leak in the freshly plastered and painted ceilings, so now all that needs to be fixed. The joys of working in an old home.

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Amorini: Yep FL here!!
    So exciting about your shower, have fun

18. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@avivoca: omg, me too! Somehow my office is the hottest in the building! I had to bring my own fan from home because the big old box fan we have at work is so loud I can't hear my phone! It's like some sort of cruel joke on the pregnant ladies

19. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

I'm sitting at work in an armchair with my laptop on my legs and baby girl is going CRAZY in my belly. (I love striped maternity clothes, haha.)

It's so reassuring because I'm not feeling her nearly as much as I felt E, due to this time's anterior placenta. Love seeing her move around in there!

20. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: awesome!

21. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Waiting on my glucose hour now. I had to wait an hour and a half to get called back because the lab was so busy and he then tells me if i told them i could have taken the drink when i got there. 😡

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: Um, that's their fault, not yours. I'm sorry you have been waiting so long!

23. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@avivoca: the good news is I now get a comfy recliner chair in a private room to rest in. Makes it kind of worth it. Kid free alone time. Baby is going crazy from the drink, though.

24. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: Ugh, so sorry you're having to wait so long! But we did our HR check on baby girl after I drank the drink on Monday...it was HILARIOUS! My doc was like WHOA, hyper baby!

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I'm sitting at work supremely uncomfortable because I refuse to buy any more maternity pants, so I'm wearing my favorite crops with the belly band and the shirt I wore on Tuesday. It isn't cutting it anymore, but it feels like a waste to buy more maternity wear for just 2.5 months of use (it will be too cold in October/November to wear any of it). Le sigh. I know that there are much worse things going on in the world, but I hate growing out of my clothes so soon and I'm going to hate buying more clothes for such a short amount of time.

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@whiskers: Hope all went ok!

@avivoca: What about some cheapy layer-tops etc in the meantime? It must be so frustrating being at work and not wanting to waste the money/effort on maternity clothes for the last home stretch.

I am 27 weeks today! Squee! Does that make me third tri yet, or do I wait another week?

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: My app says you are 3rd tri

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@avivoca: I hear ya, I will need workwork clothes for Aug-Sept for back to work/school
    And I refuse to buy any more summer maternity things!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

We did Seaworld today! I did great, my hips hurt but I felt good in the 102 heat!

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@FaithFertility: Yeah!!! Man, what a long day for you. :o

31. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: I keep looking but maternity wear is SO expensive. I could sew something but I can't find good fabric. I might just have to be super casual in the home stretch.

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: I have the same problem (but with WINTER clothes) and I bought a bunch of second hand tops from a local facebook buy/swap/sell group. Could that work for you? x

33. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: @FaithFertility: What about clothes that are worn as maternity as well as PP and/or nursing? Or one comfy black maxi dress that you could dress up 100 ways? Just thinking through ways to justify the expense or get more mileage out of the clothes. I have about six maternity work outfits on constant rotation which is close to my normal amount of work clothes. I just like classics and keeping it simple! However, in maternity clothes, I had no shorts or lounge pants -- nothing to garden in or sit in the grass in... so I bought some over the 4th of July weekend sales (all were BOGOs) at Motherhood. Spent about $100 and got tons of stuff but now I'm done. I figure I'll wear some of it PP since it will still be warm.

jaguar: Yay for the 3rd tri!!!!!!

@FaithFertility: Sounds like you are a superstar in this heat! I also don't find it gets to me too much yet. Yay for a fun day!

On that note, I kind of speed walked (felt like it) to get our takeout before driving home tonight. It was a 20 minute walk total with 90+F temps. Like I said, heat doesn't bother me much and I wasn't even sweating. I felt kind of crampy down there, however, twice or three times on and off. Were those BHs maybe? I still don't know if I've ever had one and my belly doesn't get hard or warped when it happened on my walk. Just felt like slightly uncomfortable menstrual type blahs and yet, if it were just my period and j felt that way, I'd continue walking / running / exercising right through it, if you know what I mean.

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: It's very hard for me to justify the expense when I know I have a lot of expenses coming up, plus another daycare payment. I've been looking but haven't found anything either in store or online yet. Maternity wear was so cute three years ago at places like Old Navy and Gap and now I really hate it, probably because it's my last pregnancy and in general I dislike flowy clothes. I also can't wear my summer stuff after baby is here because the weather will turn quickly, by if it's anything like last time I should be okay and able to at least squeeze into some of my bigger postpartum stuff.

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Amorini: Also, yes, that's what my Braxton-Hicks feel like. I get them frequently when walking (I did last time too) or if I have to really pee.

36. mand4

olive / 62 posts

@avivoca Dude, I hear you on the maternity clothes. I refuse to buy shorts for only a few months, so am living in a maxi dress I got used and two plain black fold over skirts: http://www.oldnavy.com/products/foldover-skirt.jsp
    One is maternity and one is regular, but they're exactly the same. I will be desperate for shirts in a few weeks, and plan to hit up the thrift store- it's so much easier than visiting multiple stores. Good luck I cannot believe we still have 2.5 months of growing!

37. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Oh, thanks! Good to know that that's what's happening! I think I've also felt the same way when I have to pee badly!

I saw that Motherhood has these cute dresses for $40 and there's always a 20% off coupon around so that's $32. Not bad. http://www.motherhood.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=96514Z18003&MasterCategory_Id=9995#productChange

But I read in the reviews that the fabric gets sheer when spread over a 3rd tri belly...so yeah, you're smart to make do with what you have, if you're not too miserable. My belly band was no use to me after 12 weeks -- too uncomfortable! Double daycare costs is enough to make anyone take pause and spend wisely!

38. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Ways to keep your glucose down (as tested by Avivoca): 1) Walk your dog for a mile while pushing the double stroller. 2) Put together a twin bed. 3) Saw a crap-ton of wood at Home Depot. 4) Speed through Target while toddler is screaming.

My numbers have been FANTASTIC today. Let's keep this train rolling.

39. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Ugh - some of my maternity shirts are getting too small for my bump. I'm not even in the 3rd trimester yet!

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: I'm right there with you.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee