Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsRcCar: Prayers for LO.and the tubes!
    I am preparing for back to work/back to school, I feel like I want to do so much before I go in Oct!

2. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

I'm nearing 30w (am I counting right?!) on Saturday and I think 3rd tri has hit me like a freaking ton of bricks. I've gone from pretty decent energy and productive brain power up until now to total full body fatigue and mental fog. I have been so useless at work which increases my stress level greatly because of next week's deadlines. Ugh. I have an OB appointment tomorrow so I'll see if they want to check my iron again, but it was fine two weeks ago. I am trying small meals and lots of water but so far it's not doing much. Really bummed because I have been feeling good until now and I miss my brain!

3. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@FaithFertility: thanks for the prayers! I hoping the tubes put an end to all our ear troubles with my little guy!

4. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@Amorini: I'm with you! This whole time I've been like "hmm pregnancy isn't that bad" then 28 weeks hit on Sunday and it is a sudden and dramatic difference! I'm useless at work. Totally foggy. Physically, I'm suddenly very uncomfortable. Can barely walk the dogs. I feel like an elephant. I miss my brain and my energy.

5. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@thepicklemonster: I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way, too! The 3am insomnia after peeing doesn't help me... I suffered through a few days before realizing what was happening. Before that, I thought I was getting depressed (which could happen, I suppose) and was super volatile with DH about some issues because I was too tired to function. I hope it's just a blip and things bounce back a little for us.

ETA: I'd already started upping my DHA intake through fish and other food sources, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I read that with all of the baby's brain development at this stage, whatever DHA they aren't getting from my diet, he or she will get from my brain... And moms can lose 2-3% of their brain mass this way! Uh, save your brains as much as you can and eat well, ladies!

6. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

For those who are feeling a bit off, definitely get your iron checked. I was feeling the same, and had my OB run it during the GTT bloods... and mine dropped dramatically from the last reading. I feel a little more human just adding in some supplements.

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Amorini: DHA, I need to up it for sure!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

This time with DD my feet/legs were so swollen
    Extreme Edema!!! I am praying it skipsskips me this time as so far so good!
    I can't believe we are all getting so close!

Anyone with #2 have in place what they will do with #1 when you go into Labor?!

over feeling kind of down about it, no one in my family has mentioned they would watch DD or be the ones to come over if it happens MOTN!

I asked my sister who honestly we trust the most and she is definitly on board and super excited but I feel like we need to do some trial runs as DD is still young so I don't want her to flip out if my sister picks her up from daycare out of the blue!

9. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@FaithFertility: My mom will fly in when I'm 38.5 weeks. If I go any earlier, they will be dropped at my friends house. I'm not that worried this time, because DD1 totally knows what is up and DD2 will be fine as long as sister is there.

Does your daughter see your sister enough that she is familiar and comfortable with her? If so, I wouldn't worry too much.

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@FaithFertility: My parents are our labor people. Haha. I'm not concerned unless for some reason it happens super fast (they live 45 minutes from us). DD sees them all the time and they have actually picked her up from her sitter's before. I'm sure your sister will be the perfect solution!

11. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: Yes, I heard iron can shift dramatically around now!

@FaithFertility: Extreme edema sounds horrendous. Are you doing anything differently this time? Glad your sister will help with your daughter!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whiskers: She knows her! Sees her maybe 1 time every few weeks, so I definitely want to ramp that up!

Our parents are close, but they are just not as involved in things like this as I would have thought?!
    MIL has never watched her she never asks and we have asked and she just kind of deflects the question!

@Amorini: With DD I was so affriad of losing her after yrs of IF that I didn't move around much, but obviously with a 19 month old, I can't sit down this time maybe that is the key....lol

13. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@FaithFertility: We are going to ask hubby's parents to mind her (they're not far from us/the hospital) - but they have booked a trip away the month before our due date.. so if this baby comes early like G did, we will need a back up plan!

14. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

So I just dropped off the board for a few weeks... Struggling with the day-to-day responsibilities of being a SAHM to a toddler with a husband who's barely around. My 13yo twins flew back to Indiana last Sunday so we're back to our smaller family. Having horrible constant scar tissue pain. Not sure how I'm going to make it through the next 10 weeks... Signed the tubal ligation papers this past week's appointment. We're still deciding who's going under, but at least now I have the option during my c-section. In other news, we're moving the toddler to a twin bed this weekend to free up the crib. Hoping it goes well. Okay big rambling post...

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TFrances: You've had a lot going on! I'm sorry that you are in so much pain as well. We moved H to a twin this week and it's gone well so far, so fingers crossed that it goes smoothly for you!

16. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Is anyone interested in taking part of our group (the part with pictures and names) onto Facebook? The group technically already exists for winniebees gift, so it is just if y'all would be interested in also participating in it over there.

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whiskers: Sure I pop into our Dec 14 Mama board there, so I'll definitely chat!!!

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: Sure! That's how I keep up with my Oct. 13 moms.

19. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@whiskers: I would be up for a Facebook group. It's easier for me to check in there.

20. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@whiskers: I'm game

21. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@whiskers: I'm in.

22. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@whiskers: I'm up for that as well.

23. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@whiskers: Could you post the facebook info again? Thanks!

24. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@whiskers: I'm in too!

Hello from 20 mins into my 1 hr glucose test! The drink was not as bad as I expected. I feel a little nauseous so far but ok. Results on Friday.

25. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

26. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@whiskers: requested!

27. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@whiskers: I'm in!

28. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@whiskers: I just requested as well!

29. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@whiskers: requested also

30. dookie32

kiwi / 538 posts

@whiskers: I'm sending my request in- thanks for organizing!

31. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

Requested!

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@whiskers: Just popped a friend request through!

33. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@whiskers: sent a request as well!

34. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

If you friend requested me, you should be in the group. Let me know if for some reason you are not.

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Soooo sleep is now awful! I can't breath on my back my legs hurt on my side....just hit me one night......

36. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@FaithFertility: It's so crazy how fast it happens! My sleep has gone down the drain because I have to wake up, sit up, turn, move the pillow, move the belly, hike the leg, and then settle in on the other side.

I will say that my quality of sleep is better this time around because of our mattress. Last time, we had a cheap mattress and one day at 35 weeks I woke up with the imprint of a spring in my hip (that bruised) and I told my husband that we were going out and buying a new mattress that day.

37. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

@FaithFertility: Feeling you on the no sleep. I was sleeping decent and now I'm up at least 4 times a night. Usually two or three to also pee, but it's the getting comfortable that's super annoying. Because of my scar tissue, I have to basically stay on my left side, but that makes my left hip sore after awhile. Constant struggle!

38. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@whiskers: what's the group called? I can see I'm your friend on FB but haven't found the group (probably missing something really obvious! )

39. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TapDancer: October '16 Moms - Hellobee

The teddy bear is the icon I picked for next to it. You also probably should have a notification that I added you to it in your notifications.

40. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@whiskers: would you mind adding me to the group again? Don't see a notification and the group doesn't come up when I search. Sorry!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee