Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 moms

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Stalking from the December board... We're planning on team green and I had to tell the OB today when she called with my NIPT results that I didn't want to know. Will totally do the same with the anatomy scan though! Do they still look in the genital area and just not say anything??

2. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@LindsayInNY: we were team green our first two times, they will look anyway but just not tell you. they have to check for any abnormalities. i think sometimes they tell you to look away, but my husband (a pediatrician) snuck a peak but thought he was looking at the heart, so its not always super obvious to the untrained (or even slightly trained) eye.

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Silva: Haha, I love your husband's interpretation! That'll likely be us I'm sure we'll look and have no idea what we're looking at.

4. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@LindsayInNY: both times the tech had us close our eyes. Last time they just wrote “normal” in the file and so we didn’t risk the OB telling us.

5. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@LindsayInNY: both times the tech had us close our eyes. Last time they just wrote “normal” in the file and so we didn’t risk the OB telling us.

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I actually wondered if they wrote anything down. I feel like I’ve heard mixed answers. Good to know!

7. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@LindsayInNY: my SIL they keep almost slipping up, so it varies by practice.

8. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@LindsayInNY: they didn't write it in our file the first time. The second time there was a weird error, and the sex was printed twice in the electronic results that were posted to my online health account. The first line said Sex: Unreported, and the second line said Sex: Male. We kind of assumed it was a boy after that but nobody could ever confirm that it wasn't just a weird computer glitch because it wasn't written down anywhere else.

9. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

10/3: Flowercrown
    10/4: Mrs. Bells
    10/5: Littlebear, Yogirunner
    10/6: Anbanan15
    10/12: Ms. Mermaid
    10/20: Silva
    10/22: Alwayssunny755 , Littleblessings
    10/24: Yogifish
    10/28: Themrsgoff, Kmomartin
    10/30: Buttermilk

10. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Any other team green or updates?

11. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: Ok it's now official, we are having a second boy.

12. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@littleblessings: anatomy ultrasound scheduled for June 6th- will report back then!

13. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

@yogifish: Congrats!

14. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I met with a urologist today at the encouragement of my midwife and I ended up crying in her office. If men peed uncontrollably when they sneezed, there would be a magic pill for this. Instead, I just have to go change my pants. I didn’t think there was some magic solution but I dunno, I hoped for some kind of “okay, this is what your birth plan should be to avoid further trauma” and I didn’t get that. Plus she said that she finds that how long people push for doesn’t decrease that much with subsequent babies so I should adjust my expectations. Also she mentioned that the only thing I can try to do is eat healthy to control the size of the baby which just made me feel like crap because i have already gained 27 pounds and im only 20 weeks and I started 10 pounds overweight.

15. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: It sounds like you need a more compassionate urologist! I'm due in Nov and ever since my son was both two years ago I've had issues peeing when I sneeze too. It was getting better till I got pregnant again. I also discovered that when you barf you can end up peeing yourself... exciting huh?!

Right now I just use a liner and work on kegels. If I have bad issues after this birth I plan to get a referral to a physical therapist from my OB (or if it gets worse I'll see about doing so earlier). So I'd recommend talking to a physical therapist instead. I do also know some women do end up needing surgery to fix damage from labor! So I'd totally seek a second opinion if it's bothering you this much!

And lastly you could tell the urologist to shove it about eating healthy to control the size of your baby. Many Many factors play into the size of your baby and your diet isn't the biggest one. I recall talking to a mom who was pregnant in the 80s and her doctor told her to take up smoking so her babies would be small - maybe you could run that by the urologist!

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: i agree that that is bullshit, and i'm sorry you had to deal with it. I'd look for a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor health.

17. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Finally started feeling the baby move last night. I thought I did before now but this time it was for certain the baby and not gas. Anatomy scan June 1st. Woohoo!

Crazy thought- I tend to have my babies between 38-39 weeks. I might be having a baby 19-20 short weeks from now since tomorrow I’m 19 weeks.

Next thought- let’s see those baby bumps! I will be taking a pic and posting tomorrow.

18. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@RKitty: I’ve done two rounds of pelvic floor PT with little success. I am at family camp with my cousin who had surgery post second pregnancy that resolved her issues that was different from what the urologist said, and it sounds like a good option. So I feel better.

But omg you guys, I’m at family camp staying in a cabin and chasing kids and hiking back and forth to the dining hall and I’m SO TIRED and SO UNCOMFORTABLE. I’m rethinking all my summer pregnancy plans.

19. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

I’m going to update since my due date changed in the very beginning and I haven’t been around:

10/3: Flowercrown
    10/4: Mrs. Bells
    10/5: Littlebear, Yogirunner
    10/8: Anbanan15
    10/12: Ms. Mermaid
    10/20: Silva
    10/22: Alwayssunny755 , Littleblessings
    10/24: Yogifish
    10/28: Themrsgoff, Kmomartin
    10/30: Buttermilk

20. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Sorry I haven’t been around or even checking in! I have so much going on medically, between work and my other kids I’ve been exhausted!

Anyway everything is going well. We found out about two weeks ago that baby #4 if a girl! So we will have two of each, which we are thrilled about! We have a name picked out that I don’t foresee use changing. My due date is 10/8, but because of everything else going on I won’t go past that date and maybe be induced as early as 10/1 (as of now, may change earlier). I’ve had uneventful inductions with every pregnancy so what’s one more?

@alwayssunny722: Our 3rd wasn’t named until the day before we left the hospital. We just couldn’t agree on names. Ended up narrowing it down to two and drew best 3/5 from a hat. The name I favored won in the end.

21. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I'm sorry PT didn't work for you, I have a few friends who have had success that route. I hope you get some answers soon!

22. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Had an ultrasound today. It went mostly well except for some reason E had extreme tachycardia. Waiting for the Dr. To call me on Monday to tell me what they are doing next. I’m so stinking worried even though the tech said it could be nothing. I just don’t know right now.

23. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: That is so never wracking to hear news like that with time to wait. Hope you've heard back today already and things are ok!

24. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@littleblessings: I'm so sorry, I hope you get more information soon

25. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yogifish: still nothing yet. I see the busiest OB in my town so I’m not all that surprised but I want to know what the next step or steps are going to be. I just want it to be a freak thing that happened once and won’t happen again

26. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: hopefully it's just a misread, but it is for sure scary to hear anything might be up with baby when there isn't much you can do about it expect hope and wait. Sending good thoughts and hope you hear back soon!

27. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yogifish: it’s 2 and they close at 5. If I don’t get a call before 5 I’m going to cry and throw a fit tomorrow over the phone. I have like 0 patience lately.

28. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@littleblessings: thinking of you- I'd give them a call if it was me. It sounds impossible to wait in your situation.

We had our anatomy scan today. Everything looked good, but because of the baby's position she couldn't get a good picture of one part (I forget if it was umbilical or heart related....my son was there too, so I was a little distracted). She said she isn't worried, just wants a clear shot, so I will do another ultrasound at my next appointment (which won't be until I'm 25 1/2 weeks along because of vacation/scheduling! Yikes!)

29. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yogifish: @Silva: they called at 3:10 and again at 3:40. I have an emergency ultrasound tomorrow at 4:15 unless there are cancellations in which they will bump me up further.

30. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@littleblessings: will be thinking of you ❤

31. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: hang in there. fingers crossed everything looks great on the ultrasound today.

32. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Silva: @yogifish: thank you ladies. Her heart looked normal on the ultrasound today. They will continue to monitor it to make sure. I’m so relieved! Attaching some pictures from the ultrasound. The bottom is her heart

33. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@littleblessings: what a relief!!! ❤

34. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@littleblessings: that’s great news!! Sorry you had to deal with all the drama and worry.

35. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@littleblessings: so happy to see your update!!! She looks perfect

36. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: so glad to hear everything looks good! I have an in detail fetal echo tomorrow to check our little guy's heart, it's neat to see, but nerve wracking until they tell you all looks good.

37. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Anatomy scan went well today besides the fact this little bugger was facing my back and they couldn’t get a good look at baby’s heart- so we go back in 4 weeks to make sure everything else looks good. And we are having a BOY!!!

38. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: yay!

Is anyone else already horribly uncomfortable and dreading being pregnant the rest of the summer? And I had to take off my wedding ring bc of the swelling!

39. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Kmomartin: Congrats! boys are fun.

@Ms.Mermaid: Ugh yes. I am already having terrible swelling in my feet and legs (heart problem related) and not looking forward to the heat amplifying it even more.

40. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: it’s not gonna be fun! and we don’t have central air this time around

Anatomy scan went great today! Loved seeing baby boy move around. Looking very healthy, 12 ounces.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee