Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 moms

1. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@YogiRunner: @buttermilk: it's odd because I've had high blood pressure not enough to send me anywhere but theyve been keeping an eye on it

And the two nov babies were already born in Mid Oct! So our board seems to favor early babies...

Lots of walking over here and spending time with my first as well.... havent really been hitting up the sex angle to much because it's been uncomfortable the last couple times.. but trying to eat spicy food too!

2. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Planning to take some castor oil around noon. Eek! Just a low dose. Hope it works. I think I’m on the verge.

3. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@buttermilk: good luck! I hope it pushes you over the edge

4. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@buttermilk: hoping something happens soon! It’s so hard to wait at the very end.

How is everyone else managing with the new babies? I’m currently finding the toddler more of a hot mess than dealing with a new baby. Lots of tantrums and only wanting mommy.

5. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@yogifish: the baby wasn't gaining weight, so I'm now having to manage pumping to bump up my supply. Its day by day- some days I'm okay, and feel ready for my husband to go back to work on Tuesday because I want to get back in our routine- other days I'm crying every 20 minutes and feel like I've made a huge mistake.
    Luckily those days are fewer and fewer. I surrendered to bed sharing at night, which we've always done previously but had tried to avoid this time, so I'm getting reasonable sleep. I just couldn't manage my life when I was up all night with the baby.
    both my big kids are managing surprisingly well. the toddler has been a little sad today, but I'm wondering if he's getting sick because its a pretty sudden departure from his usual mood.

6. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@yogifish: so many people told me the toddler would be more difficult than the baby, and so far they’re right... he’s a sweetheart with his little brother but just so needy right now. I do miss our 1:1 time. Tonight he requested to rock in the glider and sing the ABCs together before bed and I happily obliged... tried to soak in every second of those cuddles.

@Silva: Hang in there, you’ll back get to a routine sooner or later. I totally get wanting DH to get back to work to just feel like life is getting back to normal again! We are also doing what it takes to get some sleep around here. Each night we rotate from the bassinet to the rnp to be sharing - whatever works to make sure I can function the next day.

7. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

He is here! Baby boy Francis arrived at 2:19am I’m 11/4. 9 pounds and 6 ounces! I had a quick natural birth and cannot believe I pushed out such a large baby! My vagina is certainly feeling the 2.5 pound difference between him and my daughter lol.

I took one tablespoon of castor oil at noon on Saturday, followed be a second tablespoon an hour later. I had about 4 BM’s, diarrhea but no cramping or nausea at all to go with it. At 6:30 my normally painless Braxton Hicks started feeling a bit painful and within an hour I knew labor was starting. Labored at home and arrived at the hospital by 12:30am. I was 6 cm but so thin the midwife said she could have stretched me to 9cm. After being admitted I labored in the shower for 1.5 hrs. The hot water helped me cope soooo much. I ended up pushing for 25 mins which was much less than the 2 hrs with mu daughter but holy hell did it feel terrible, I guess due to his size! I am completely in love with my big chunkster. Had a scary situation this morning with postpartum hemorrhage and manual extraction but finally recovering from it.

8. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

9. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@buttermilk: congratulations!!! He’s so cute!!

10. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

@buttermilk: Aww congratulations!

11. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@buttermilk: aww he’s very cute! Hopefully he’s treating you well so far!

@Silva: hopefully the extra pumping is helping with the weight gain. That’s such a hard thing to balance when you’ve already got bigger kids to deal with. And agree the toddlers can be so emotional too and when you’re tired I find I am so much less patient with the emotional outbursts.

@YogiRunner: I think the first baby is just such a shock to the system that the second time baby seems so much easier because really all you can do is feed, change, comfort if they are fussy. The toddlers and their complex emotions seem much more complicated when you’re sleep deprived!

12. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Middle of the night feeding = catching up on HB!

Cooper will be 8 weeks old on Monday and true to form, I literally have no idea where the time has gone. I hope all of you ladies and your babes are doing well and getting more and more nighttime sleep- haha.

I want to share Coop’s birth story eventually because while seemingly normal, I did read 5 million birth stories on HB prior to October. As a first time mom, I found reading birth stories from moms were better prep than any “what to expect” book. Gimme another few feedings and I’ll get there!

Anyways, here’s some baby spam from a “hey the light in the nursery looks good today” photo shoot.

13. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: how are they 8 weeks already?!? Also my 4 year old was awake for two hours and I think I can finally sneak out of her room. The baby went back to sleep ninety minutes ago.

We interviewed a nanny candidate yesterday and ugh I thought it would be easier to go back to work after getting more leave this time but I’m still like 😥.

14. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Cant believe our babies are rounding on 3 months now. Sorry I haven't been active. Everlee was in the hospital beginning of December with meningitis, recovered and became I'll again with something unknown. Poor thing has been so sick. Dr says virus so nothing can be done. How are you all doing. Pic of Everlee from yesterday attached

15. TeamFlounary

apple seed / 2 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee