Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 moms

1. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@littleblessings: This is us as well. Hoping for a girl for the same reason and wanting to bunk the boys (1st and 3rd). We have a 3 bedroom and don’t want to move since we just remodeled into our dream kitchen. We are hoping to possible do an addition or add bedrooms in the basement (originally wanting to put a large master for us, but thinking maybe 2 rooms instead) down the road and bunk beds would buy us some time.

@Mrs.Someone: Yay! Congrats. Someone else whose been around awhile and popping back in for this pregnancy. Nice to see!

2. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Littlebear: We need an “O” name this time around. It was never intentional but our first two were L and M so we went with N for the third and now it’s a thing. I have a few girls names I like, but am really struggling with boy options. We can’t do anything Olivia/Olive/Oliver because there is an Olivia in the family (also not a fan of that set of names) and anything Owen/-wen is out because of our last name, which ultimately really limits our O name options. I did see Olaf pop up on a list though (umm no way).

I say use the name you like. It doesn’t really matter if it’s popular. Your child will learn adjust to having others with a similar name. Our oldest has a popular name (wasn’t when we picked it out) and our other two have not so popular names. Our daughter will never come across another with her name, but it’s a name we are obsessed with (it’s Japanese) and our youngest’s name is more popular in European culture with his spelling, so we struggle with mispronunciations for both of them. In the end I’m not sure which is more frustrating...having a name everyone else has or one no one can pronounce.

3. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@anbanan15: hi old friend! Happy to see you here too 😊
    Oren is an O name I’ve liked for a while.

4. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Has nausea hit anyone else like a brick in the face? I just about got sick in the shower this morning. Of course it doesn’t help that I have a sinus infection.

5. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I haven't started diving into themes, but definitely need to move DD1 into the larger of our 2 extra rooms so I've been thinking of ideas to transition her from a nursery looking room to a big girl room. Hopefully by the time that's implemented we will know the sex of the baby and can start thinking about a nursery theme. I didn't wait to find out the sex of the first baby so I'll probably find out this one too. Hopefully DH agrees to that.
    @yogifish bring on the salt! chips, salty crackers, pickles...I was like that before though, so I have no excuse lol
    @littleblessings: Sorry that the nausea has come on top of a sinus infection! Ugh! Been lucky so far, though it might be too early for me to say I've dodged that bullet. I did with my last pregnancy, so maybe that means I'll have another girl.

6. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@littleblessings: I threw up this morning for the first time, and then I went to Costco to buy food for the week and I guess we're having fondue and lobster ravioli because I can't stomach anything else. But the good news is that I didn't pee myself when I vomited so my two rounds of pelvic floor PT are clearly helping!!! (This was my biggest fear about getting pregnant again.) Oh, and Costco had pull on dress pants that I bought myself for work because the idea of putting on regular pants makes me sad.

7. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Littlebear: I'm personally anti-popular names, because my name is pretty unique and I loved how nobody ever confused me. It's become really popular - I know at least 10 little girls with my name - which I think is super cute, but it's led to a lot of confusion since we deliberately gave my kid a name that's not on the top 100 list - so everyone thinks my name is her name and her name is my name. My husband has a name that was super popular with our generation and never minded it and kept suggesting really popular names last time because it doesn't bug him. I think it really just depends on the person.

8. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@anbanan15: Oscar has been making a comeback. Could you also do a K name or are you married to the order?

9. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

10. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

my nausea tends to peak with my after lunch exhaustion. the digestive bitters do tend to help. I took a nap after lunch yesterday but was still queasy when I woke up. Fresh air helped though, we tapped a few trees in our yard because the warm temperatures this week will have the sap running! We only make a tiny amount of syrup, but its a fun project to do with the kids.

I work on Mondays, and my schedule is kind of full today. Back to back clients from 1-5, and I'm feeling pretty exhausted already.
    I have a big cup of coffee in the morning, but I'm starting to think maybe I should make it a smaller one, so that I can have a caffeinated drink after lunch.

11. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Feeling a little better today. Decided to rearrange my living room before I can’t. I’ve caught a cleaning and organizing bug. Lol

12. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

I’ve been nauseous right before I go to bed the last few nights, nothing too intense but just different. No other nausea during the day though- strange! Also been having CRAZY dreams lately.

13. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Kmomartin: I’ve been dry heaving all night. Since like 6pm. I just ate dinner. Praying it stays down.

14. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I woke up at 3am and threw up nothing but hard for around 3 hours. I think it’s food poisoning rather than regular nausea? With my first I never woke up to vomit, is this a thing that happens to people?

15. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: oh no! Yeah might be a bug. I lost my cookies for the first time today (in the car on the way to the grocery store of all places), but recovered pretty quickly. Hydrate today!

16. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@YogiRunner: So far I've eaten several varieties of toast and had some gatorade and a ginger soda and am drinking some water. I came home from work early and took a nap but don't feel any better, whereas with food poisoning normally the vomiting would stop and then by afternoon I usually feel better.

17. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

Sorry to hear so many are feeling nauseated!

Not feeling much other than still wanting all the SALTY things. And had a major meltdown about how hot the house is to the point I was starting to feel nauseated haha. I think my husband and toddler are going to freeze during this pregnancy.

Also, anyone here still nursing their older kid? My 2 year old is still boobie crazy and wants to nurse at bedtime. Don't think there is much milk left anyways, but my nipples are starting to get sensitive and I'm worried about miscarriage. I feel like I need to cut him off could turkey.

18. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yogifish: I have a 10 month old boobie monster

19. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: gah! Hope you’re feeling better tomorrow so you can enjoy the weather!

@littleblessings hope your nausea passed, too!

20. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@yogifish: My 19 month old nurses at least once a day. I don't think there's much milk, but my nipples are sensitive too! I curl my toes when he latches.

21. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Kmomartin: nope. I have moments where I think I’m good and then back to square 1

22. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: @Silva: glad I'm not the only one still nursing. Last night was better but he nursed for like 5 minutes total and was done. I know it's comfort sucking at this point but I think it's going to be really hard to cut him off completely. Also I think I will be really sad to stop. I know super lame.

23. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yogifish: not lame at all. I nursed my son over 2 yrs

24. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: I never in a million years thought I'd be doing some of the things that happen in our house. Nursing past a year for one. Bedsharing for another. But it works for us and the husband is also onboard so it's ok.

25. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@yogifish: I just got my SO to enjoy cloth diapers so I’m not the only one picking them out and changing diapers.

26. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: I was really sad when I weaned and for months afterward. I think it was like, a year before I stopped missing it.

27. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I started prenatal exercise classes tonight and felt super silly because all the other women in the class are like, 20-30 weeks, and I'm like, 6.5 weeks. But its my local Fit4Mom franchise and they don't let you do their other evening class when you're pregnant and if I don't have a class to go to that I'm committed to I'm just never leaving my house...

28. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: yes it's so nice when you are both on the same page!
    @Ms.Mermaid: that's how I feel I will be too. Especially since I felt like I didn't really enjoy the first 6 months of my mat leave and now it feels like everything is just going so fast! Nursing is like the last tie to his babyhood.

29. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I AM SO TIRED.

30. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: toddlerhood drags on forever though. In a good way. They take longer to master things and the changes are more subtle and less omg now this baby can walk!

@SILVA you and me both

31. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: well that's good to hear!

Also tired and kind of queasy.

32. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I feel like a weirdo but I’m so paranoid about having another miscarriage that I’m still taking pregnancy tests. Test line is darker than control!

33. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Silva: PREACH SISTER! Right there with ya

34. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

Much to our surprise I am also gonna be an october mom! We thought we were two and through so this pregnancy is a bit of a surprise!

35. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Mrsbells: welcome to the October 2018 mamas’ board!

36. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@Kmomartin: thanks!

37. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

My son decided that now is a great time to start refusing naps 😭 I need them too kiddo!

38. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Mrsbells: welcome!!!

I caught another cold from my kiddo and can’t stop coughing and keep coughing so hard I throw up. Plus apparently the tea I was drinking to help causes birth defects so, cool. I’ve switched to chamomile with honey which is helping some. Can’t decide if it’s worth going to urgent care and risking getting the flu.

39. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Mrs.Someone: mine is also refusing naps. It’s frustrating but I’m also kind of glad that she probably won’t nap anymore by the time baby comes, so we won’t have to work around two nap schedules. Plus (I’ll probably regret this) I’m kind of looking forward to hanging out with just her while the baby naps.

I went to urgent care today and have bronchitis. I can’t take anything more than I am though I hopped on my kid’s nebulizer and that helped a bit. Hoping this clears up soon and also that spring shows up and my house stops being a house o plague.

What is everyone’s age gap between siblings? Ours will be four years almost exactly.

40. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: my daughter is 3.5 years older than my son. He will be 26 months when this baby is born and my daughter will be 5.5.. I’m nervous about the close age gap, and feel sad about my son not being the baby anymore. I know there will be positives to it too. We haven’t ruled out a fourth so we needed to get the show on the road. Oh, and my son has to have an operation this spring, so another advantage is we will have already met our deductible by the time the baby is born.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee