Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 moms

1. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: yeah. I know in some places it’s totally standard to wait until the 20 week US and I have one friend who didn’t even have an anomaly scan at 20 weeks bc she hates all monitoring. I can’t imagine. I know you can go to those for-profit ultrasound places at the mall, etc. and pay privately, so maybe you could do that?

2. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I cannot even imagine no monitoring lol! I also have a heart condition so I’ll switch to an OB earlier than a low risk pregnancy and will get another U/S after the anatomy scan to look at baby’s heart in greater detail. But I don’t think we have any U/S options you can pay out of pocket for in Canada. Or at least not that I know about. So I guess just another 4 weeks or so to wait.

3. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Considering getting this for my LO so she can see how many days are left til the baby comes. We will probably tell her soon but then it will be 7 mos of “when is the baby coming?”

https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/baby-on-the-way-scratch-calendar?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=banners&utm_campaign=40178&gdffi=4c85143889004637bd0f8229b5b600ec&gdfms=E8EF7549A1674D938CE9D890A74B5944

4. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: is it strange that I want this for myself?!?

5. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: I said for my LO but yeah it’s for me.

6. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

My kid overheard me saying I ordered her an Octopus hoodie and immediately demanded to wear it and was upset to hear it will come in the mail next week so waiting 6mos for a baby is gonna go great.

7. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

So today I purchased and devoured an entire bag of Trader Joe’s Cheetos. I think if all the shameful snacking this is probably the worst. Anyone else want to fess up? Or tell me they are secretly full of iron?

8. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: those supermarket fresh baked m&m cookies. Got a tub of them, gone in 36 hours. DH helped buuut....

9. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: just devoured a two cheeseburger meal from McDonald’s. Feel a little bad but not really. I think I’m already up 4lbs at 7w. But if I don’t eat I feel sick...so I eat.

10. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: I’m up ten pounds. I’m trying not to get too in my head about it but it’s really hard.

11. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: yeah it does suck. Especially when no one knows and you just feel chubby. I try to remind myself that I need to pace my eating all the things because I need to keep the secret at work for at least another 6 weeks and my skirts are already feeling tight. Ugh

12. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: currently fighting the urge to open a box of Girl Scout cookies I ordered from a coworker...they’re on my desk, taunting me...

13. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: http://barbaras.com/products/cheese-puffs/cheese-puffs-jalapeno/

I ate an entire bag of these on Monday. I have no regrets. I basically ate a bag a week during my last pregnancy, too!

I had to jump on the scale at the pediatrician's office yesterday because my son was losing it and wouldn't sit on the baby one by himself. I am up 7 pounds. I do typically gain about 10 pounds in the first trimester, and then it evens off. I'm consoling myself by telling myself that at least five pounds of it HAS TO BE POOP.
    because my god, i'm constipated.

I can't wear pants anymore. At all. I'm insanely bloated. I look at least 20 weeks pregnant at the end of the day.

14. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Had my first midwife appointment today. Not much to report but she said my uterus felt the right size! Ultrasound is scheduled for Monday. I’ll be 6w6d.

15. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Currently stuck under my sleeping toddler and starving and now @yogifish has me dreaming of the two cheeseburger meal.

But McDonalds is good luck! After my first transfer which resulted in my son, we had car trouble on the way home and had to stop at a rest stop for awhile. We were famished so gave in to the only option there which was McD's. We joked that DS' first meal was a cheeseburger and fries. For this transfer, we drove by the same rest stop on the way home and had to stop because now it's tradition. And, good luck apparently!

16. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@YogiRunner: Awwww that's a really cute story! I'm going to keep that in the back of my mind every time I eat at McD's from now on.

17. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

It's not possible that I'm feeling movement already, right? That's ridiculous.

18. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Alright ladies- mass confusion over here. Had another US this AM at the request of my OBGYN because the last one (two weeks ago) everything was so tiny. She wanted me to come back just to make sure I was all good. At that point, based on LMP I was 7 weeks. She said I was measuring 5w6d. No problem with that because I felt like I ovulated later so that made more sense.

Today, same US tech said I was measuring 6w4d, which is entirely confusing to me. However, she said everything looked good in there and baby had a heartbeat- 153bpm! She said the last US may have just been too early and too hard to measure but that she could see everything clearly today and was set on October 29 due date. I’ll wait for my OBGYN to call me but do we think this is strange?

Honestly I felt good there was a heartbeat so I feel infinitely better just more confused than anything. If this keeps up i may have to go to the November board! Haha

19. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I don’t think it’s ridiculous!!! Yaaaay!

20. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: what an ordeal! Do you go in for another US soon or just the NT scan?

21. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: right? Drives me nuts. Have an appointment with OBGYN March 22 so unless I hear otherwise that’s the next time I’ll see her.

I was tracking ovulation and everything so I feel like this date is impossible- thinking about calling my OBGYN today to see what she thinks.

22. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

What are your food aversions?

I absolutely cannot tolerate the smell of peanut butter. Peanut butter is a life line in our house soooo I’m slowly dying. Lol

23. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: yeah my daughter was due 10/31 and was conceived sometime around 2/7-2/10. I would give your OB a call and see if they want to do another FU US.

24. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: talked to OBGYN, she basically told me I need to chill and that a 153bpm heart rate is awesome! So, chill I will.

25. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: Full disclosure: I did some googling and everything I found that was concerning had a way lower heart rate or no hb so I think I agree with your OB! chilling sounds good!

26. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@littleblessings: chocolate. Vegetables. All other foods.

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@littleblessings: omg I can’t stand the smell of most things right now. seriously! especially eggs. I think that’s why I’m leaning towards cold foods bc they don’t have a strong smell.

28. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

This nausea is very new to me. Didn’t have it with my first. I’ve felt car sick all day for a week straight now. Blech!

29. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@buttermilk: I had this with my first and this one, hence four year age gap between kids. I recommend the Unisom + B6 combo - it helps take the edge off. My doc just put me on promethazine in addition to the diclegis and I just took the first dose (she warned me to take it on the weekend because it can make your really drowsy). Those preggie pop drops are also helpful, or lemon flavored hard candy.

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I’ll check out the preggie pops thanks! Have you seen them in a store or just order from amazon?

31. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@buttermilk: Target has them in their lady stuff section.

32. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Warning, poop talk ahead:

I am insanely constipated. I'm used to a certain degree of it normally, but usually my routine of fiber supplement at night, a little prune juice & coffee in the morning works fine. I am currently taking fiber at night and in the morning, stool softeners, 8 ounces of prune juice, and coffee and NOTHING. I did some glycerin suppositories at the end of last week because I was so uncomfortable, but everything just moves it a long a little- nothing fully moves it out.

I have my appointment tomorrow afternoon. Hoping it goes well!

33. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Silva: I’m having similar issues. So uncomfortable! I can’t stand coffee right now so that’s certainly not helping. I picked up some prunes at the store today though. Fingers crossed!

34. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Silva: are you pounding water? Dehydration makes everything worse. I’m sorry.

35. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Just came from first ultrasound and everything looks GREAT! One baby measuring at 9.5 weeks with a heartbeat of 178! I feel so relieved.

36. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: thats wonderful, congratulations!

37. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: yippee!! that's amazing!

38. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@littleblessings: Meat if I cook it...I did somehow manage to eat ribs at a restaurant though!

39. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@buttermilk: Same situation except I would classify mine as hungover all day every day, even through the night. This is the start of week three of this nonsense for me. ugh. Hopefully we both start feeling better soon!

40. themrsgoff

coffee bean / 43 posts

EDD: 10/28

First child? - Nope - 2nd. First was from a fresh IVF round, this one is from a frozen embryo transfer.

Any symptoms? So thirsty, so tired, and so many aversions and intermittent nausea. All I want to eat is bread.

Who have you told? My parents, my boss, and a few friends.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? A little concerned about going from 1 child to 2, wishing I could hurry up and have the 12 week ultrasound, and wishing for a nap.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee