Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 moms

1. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

We have a heartbeat! Measuring 8+3/8+4, will keep my Oct 20 due date (which has me at 8+2). Everything looked great, heartbeat was in the 160s.
    So relieved!

2. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Silva: woohoooo!

3. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Silva: that's fantastic!

4. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

@Silva: Yay!

5. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

@themrsgoff: Welcome mama!

6. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

"Although it's very unlikely that you would be showing at this point..."
    Gee thanks, Ovia app

7. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@alwayssunny722: OH REALLY OVIA!?!?

8. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Silva: congrats!!

Had our first ultrasound today. Measuring 6w4d so right in line. Heart beat is 126bpm. Everything’s looking good! I wasn’t nearly as nervous as I was my first pregnancy bc I had zero symptoms then and this time I feel like total garbage.

9. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Had to go to ER for bad cramping. It’s due to a subchorionic bleed. I had it with my last two pregnancies. Baby is measuring a week behind which puts me at a Halloween due date. I have my intake appointment Thursday.

10. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: You look great!
    @buttermilk Glad everything is looking good!
    @littleblessings oh no! Sorry to hear, hope you get a chance to take it easy. Is that something that will heal over time?

11. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@alwayssunny722: no. They just make sure it’s not getting worse. SOs babies like to bury themselves too deep in my uterus

12. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I’m so excited. I ordered a couple pairs of maternity pants from Swap.com and these “real waistband” ones from Old Navy are cute, comfy, and not instantly recognizable as maternity pants!

13. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

Well I finally have the date for my first ultrasound...April 12. It's so far away. I had bloodwork done last week though and my Beta HCG apparently looks good, so let's hope everything is going the way it should be.

I still feel like I am hungover 24/7. No barfing, but just nauseated constantly, especially on an empty stomach. And of course, all I want to eat is the same junk you eat when drunk or hungover.

How's everyone else doing?

14. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Waiting for a call back from the nurse's line, apparently I have a UTI. No symptoms and I haven't had one since college, so it seems a little odd to me.
    But oh well. If I have to take the kids out on this snow day to get antibiotics we might as well pick up the ingredients to make milkshakes.

15. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: oooh might need an Old Navy trip soon!

These hormones are so strange. Today after a meeting at work I literally wanted to scream and then cry at the same time. I did neither but I did take a walk outside to talk myself out of screaming and/or crying.

16. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: only some stores carry them but I think you can check online to see if they do. The Canton ON doesn’t though if they have online orders that were returned in store they will be in the clearance section. Their shipping and mail returns are super easy though.

17. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I’m at the doctor’s office this morning getting a blood draw for genetic carrier testing. Has anyone else done this? Also two people have asked me whether my birth year is 1985 or 1995 so maybe I’m starting to get that youthful glow.

18. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I go in two weeks for the genetic screening blood draw. We did it last time too, though last time we didn’t find out the sex and I think we will this time

19. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Silva: so we are doing that too. This is earlier testing to see if we might be carriers for CF, etc. I’m not sure if it’s necessary but if insurance covers it I figured might as well?

20. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I guess maybe we did that with my first pregnancy, I can't really remember!

21. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I did the blood work last week for the same stuff. I didn’t even question it because insurance covered it. Everything came back normal so that was another “pheuf” for me!

22. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

Received an ultrasound today, there was a cute little blob with a heartbeat of 166 on the screen. Very relieved!

23. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@alwayssunny722: that’s great!

24. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

First Ultrasound will be April 13th

25. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

Broke down and got a prescription for Diclectin from the doctor, filled it Friday and have taken one at bedtime the last 3 nights. I think it might be helping with the nausea a little bit...I remember seeing one of you American ladies making your own combo of this with unisom and vitamin B6 from somewhere on here. Whoever it was, could you take during the day? I'm worried that the warning label says could cause drowsiness do not operate heavy machinery...?

26. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@yogifish i do 1 b6 and half a unisom before bed, and it helps with the nausea until about 1 or 2pm. A girl I follow on insta was saying to then do the other half broken in half 2 other times during the day with b6 (so a quarter unisom + b6 in the morning and also afternoon) and I tried it and ended up taking a 3 hour nap. She said your body has to get used to it but I can’t. I think Diclegis is on a time release so it helps throughout.

27. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: I take one dicelgis at night and one in the morning. It helps a ton and I’m not too tired.

28. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@lioneyes: @Ms.Mermaid: maybe I'll have to try one in the morning...I am feeling pretty wiped all day anyways lol so it might not make that much difference. At least it's helping me not feel like retching during the night so I can sleep. All I have is that nauseated, hungover feeling, but not actually barfing so I guess I shouldn't complain too much!

29. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

How is everyone doing? I’m feeling a lot better. Had no nausea Friday-Sunday, it came back on Monday, and now I’ve felt better again the past 2 days. Trying to not let it get to me bc I had zero nausea at all with my first pregnancy, but I’m having some anxiety again. I just broke down and bought a Doppler! I have 3.5 weeks until my next appointment where I’ll hear the heartbeat and that just feels like an eternity to me. Everything looked good at my ultrasound last Monday but ugh I hate this part of pregnancy. Trying to not get too in my head but today is a snow day which means I have a lot of downtime and I’ve been turning to google too much today!!!

30. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@buttermilk: this part is so worrisome!
    I’m okay. I still get nauseated after lunch. I have no motivation or energy, and I’m pretty irritable. Bad combo for parenting two kids.
    Tomorrow is my last day of antibiotics for the UTI, and then I go in Monday for genetic screening blood draw and a follow up urine culture.
    If we get good news on the genetic screen wil will tell my daughter then and I’m excited about that. I know she is going to want a girl so I’m kind of hoping she gets her wish, as silly as that is. I always wanted a sister when I was a kid so maybe I feel her desire a little more.

31. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

The pharmacy closed due to the snowstorm yesterday so I couldn't refill my diclegis so I took Unisom last night and I am SO TIRED. I even went to bed at 9:30! The good news is I didn't take my morning diclegis yesterday and was okay, so maybe the nausea is fading a bit! It didn't fade until like, 16 weeks my last pregnancy and I still occasionally threw up until 22 weeks so I'm hopeful that it could actually fade end of first trimester!!!

I've started the process of rounding up and snagging baby gear off our local used gear exchange and I think I'm going to start sorting through all our cloth diapers and figuring out what needs repair/elastic replacement and starting to take care of that (it's a really slow process so I want to get started now so I maybe actually finish by October.) We got one nice day last weekend so started painting the dresser we are going to use for the nursery. My husband used a roller for chalk paint so it doesn't look great but I've decided that perfect is the enemy of not having to do it myself so calling it good enough.

32. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Silva: My daughter is also hoping it’s a girl. I feel the same way! I didn’t grow up with a sister and I want her to have one so badly!

How’s everyone doing in the bump department? I’m 8.5 weeks and literally shocked at how my belly appears to have grown this week. I know it’s not all or mostly baby, but it also doesn’t seem to be going anywhere! I can also definitely feel my uterus already.

33. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@buttermilk: this is my 9 week blump. Part bloat, part bump. Mostly bloat. 😂

Ignore the messy background. Washing my daughters woolies.

34. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@buttermilk: @littleblessings: I've been in maternity pants for weeks. I'm so bloated. I will try to take a picture tonight. At the end of the day I easily look 20 weeks pregnant. The constipation makes it so much worse.
    I am doing my best to hide it but its not easy.

35. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Silva: same! trying to hide it but feeling more aware of my belly by the day. I took this last night, and compared it to 12 weeks with my first. this one is still bigger.

36. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Definitely looking pregnant although most of this is leftover from my first pregnancy. I told my boss on Monday bc she tried to schedule a meeting during my NT scan and have been trying to tell friends as I see them.

37. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Had my 12 week appointment and scan today, all is well! I didn't realized how anxious and even checked out I was about this pregnancy until I saw the little bub on the screen and finally started to feel like this is real and actually happening. I am also definitely showing so it's a relief to be able to start letting more people know.

I do feel worn out/out of breath when hauling the toddler around but I think my nausea is easing up a bit. It was rough for awhile!

Love seeing everyone's little bumps!

38. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Is anyone shopping already? I’ve started snagging stuff off our listserv/Facebook exchange that is a good deal and that I told myself last time I would get “next time.” This week I picked up an extra base for our car seat, and I’m going to get a boppy lounger and some prefolds. I got a regular boppy even though I have a My Breast Friend bc last time I wished we had one for tummy time /propping up the baby and now we have more floors in our house, plus I’ve heard older children often steal mama’s nursing pillow. What’s on your “I would totally get that if I saw one used for $10 or less” list?

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Haven’t starts shopping yet. Trying to pace myself. There isn’t a ton we need. Mostly just furniture for outfitting a new nursery & a new twin bed for my daughter so we can turn her current bed back into a crib. I also need a new infant car seat. Will get some new bottles, pump parts, a bigger bottle drying rack. Excited to sort through my daughter’s baby clothes once we know the gender.

I heard the heartbeat on my Doppler today! 8w5d. It took me three tries this weekend, and I only caught it for about 20 seconds, but oh so happy I have some reassurance!

40. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@buttermilk: someone listed a Doppler on our listserv this week and I totally want one but also I think I’m feeling some movement and I know I’ll feel more soon and this will be our last kid so it feels silly to buy one now. Our house when we had our first was 11 feet wide without a ton of storage space so we didn’t keep much of the bigger baby items.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee