Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 moms

1. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

We got an almost new double bob on craigslist, which was great. save a couple hundred dollars as I was planning to buy a new one anyway.

blood draw was this morning. it was a lot of blood. i didn't pass out (I did once a few years ago so I get a little nervous) but I was pretty lightheaded and foggy until I got some more food (in the form of a latte and a muffin, obviously).

i am spending so much money on groceries because I keep going to a store for one or two things and then just wandering around getting whatever looks good in the moment. Luckily we order and pick up our big weekly grocery shop, but I still end up at a store 2-3 times a week and I spend so much each time.

2. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Silva: nice! We just ordered the adapters from England that (fingers crossed) we can put in a Britax adapter to make our single Bob take our Cybex Aton car seat. We have a Chariot double trailer we are planning to use as our double stroller since we probably won’t need one much.

I am having the SAME grocery store problem. I’ve mostly stopped going, lest I buy five pounds of cheese. But it’s definitely an issue!

3. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I guess I’m starting to show. We are waiting until after our first ultrasound to tell people. That’s not for another two weeks. Yikes!!!!!!

4. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Is anyone seeing an ending to morning sickness? I thought I was feeling better and then I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up.

I also was hoping I'd be able to stomach vegetables again but on Friday I made a frozen pizza that had spinach on it and had to pick it off, it was so disgusting.

We told my Dad today and he was delighted though he's awkward and didn't quite know what to say. My mom has early onset Alzheimer's and is in a facility and she was at least able to be excited and delighted about my daughter four years ago, but this time around, while she was excited when I told her, she doesn't remember and it just kind of sucks to be doing this without her.

5. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Wow, that was a super downer post, sorry guys! In good news, my NT scan is tomorrow and fingers crossed everything is okay - I'll report back. I decided I don't think I want to find out the sex this time (we didn't last time either), so it feels nice to make that decision, and we went to Buy Buy Baby yesterday while we were home for Easter and test drove some strollers. We need a new umbrella stroller and while we are going to have an adapter system to click our carseat into our BOB, I think we are also going to spring for a Mountain Buggy Nano since its universal carseat adapter makes it a good click-and-go option and it'll be a good umbrella stroller and fit well in our small car. We're trying to avoid upgrading either of our cars, but I feel like our Pontiac Vibe is already a squeeze with one kid. (Our other car is a Corolla, so same size but even less cargo space, plus its a stick shift and I hate driving it.) I feel like we at least won't feel like we need as much stuff with the second kid that we did with our first? Parents of 2+, is that true or do I need to start shopping for a station wagon?

6. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: interested to hear about your experience with the NT scan- mine is in a few weeks and I’m anxious about it. First time jitters I guess?

Hoping you see an end to your morning sickness soon!

7. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I'm so sorry about your mom. That sounds incredibly difficult. My husband's father has dementia and its a very sad situation, and challenging family dynamic to navigate.

We got a minivan prior to kid number 2, but we needed to replace a car that was dying, and knew we wanted more. Its REALLY nice to have the trunk space, particularly when we take trips (or even just go visit my parents for a night).

My friend who has 2 kids and a big dog got a Rav4 and wishes she'd gone for the highlander because she can't fit any extra car seats in. She figures if she had the third row she'd mostly leave it down for trunk space, but if they wanted to transport extra kids they could put it back up.

I LOVE my sienna. LOVE it. And everytime we go anywhere, my husband and I are like "how does anyone do this without a minivan?!" That said, we are not minimalists, and having the minivan certainly lends itself to over packing- I'm sure we'd be fine without it if we had to be!

8. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Silva: We both live and work in downtown and at least right now I have to parallel park pretty frequently, so I'm definitely not interested in a minivan (but oh man, it sounds nice!) Unfortunately they keep discontinuing all the "bigger" vehicles we would be interested in, like the Honda Element and the Mazda 5 mini-minivan and now the Prius V. I love the idea of something with 3rd row seating just for those times you really need it, like when we drive our nephews around, but my preference is definitely to wait as long as possible to replace either vehicle, but they are both 12 years old (which means they are fully paid off, which is great) and have about the same mileage so I'm really worried we'll have to replace them both at once (and car shopping with two kids sounds terrible!) We are also not packing minimalists, but I'm thinking maybe one of those rooftop carriers would be cheaper than a whole new car.

9. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I was diagnosed with Shingles Wednesday night last week. Its a pain in the butt. I pray that once this is over that the rest of this pregnancy is smooth sailing. Nausea has disappeared but my children seem to have caught a virus as they have been sick all morning. Just another bump in the road, right?

How’s everyone doing? Are the bumps rolling in?

10. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@littleblessings: my nausea is mostly gone too, but I'm still very fatigued in the afternoon. Doesn't help that I'm having some insomnia again.

I'm anxiously awaiting my genetic screen blood test results. Today is a week, and I know friends who use the same office have gotten them in a week. But the official word is 7-10 business days, which isn't really until Wednesday. I was really hoping for today

11. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Silva: It's been a little over a week since the blood draw for my NIPT too, but they did it on a Friday so I'm trying to give them until the end of this week to call and ask. I managed to even forget that I was waiting for results this time, which is probably a good thing but maybe more of an indication of how exhausted/distracted I've been!

So, question about NT scans - I can't remember what happened last time, but my next ultrasound isn't scheduled until I'm 18 weeks. I'm assuming that a) they're not doing a NT scan since that needs to be done by 14 weeks, and that b) they can/will tell me the sex of the baby at the 18 week ultrasound? I honestly cannot remember a thing about these scans last time around!
    ETA: I did have an "informal" u/s with my OB at 12 weeks, but it was quick and didn't seem that diagnostic... she said "everything looks great and on track"

12. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@YogiRunner: my office doesn't do the NT scan if you do the NIPT testing. Just the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks. But I'm finding out the sex through the NIPT testing- was that an option for you?

My blood draw was last Monday, they said probably tomorrow or Wednesday for results. I was hoping for early news, I guess.

13. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Silva: that makes sense. I declined finding out the sex via the NIPT results since I'd rather it be during an ultrasound with my husband there, but I don't think I realized I'd have to wait that long! At this point I just want to know

14. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

NT scan was today, measuring totally on track and looking good but blood test for trisomies will be back Thursday or Friday.

After deciding I didn’t want to know the sex I’ve been googling “nub theory” all afternoon. It’s definitely either a boy or a girl!

15. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

Glad to hear some are feeling better! I'm feeling a bit better on the diclectin but still have some pretty yucky days. Hoping it passes soon almost at 11w. NT scan is in 10 days, did the bloodwork for it last week so just waiting/hoping/praying for a good test result so I can stop outright lying to people and also tell work because I can barely stuff myself into my work clothes!

16. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: I’m also feeling pretty crummy still. It’s less frequent but no food appeals to me right now. Last time my MS wore off around 14-16 weeks and I still threw up once a week until 22 weeks.

17. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

My nausea has been pretty much gone since 8 weeks. Of course today it randomly came back full force. I think it’s just hormone surges and then my body gets it all under control. But I still have a ton of food adversions. Grocery shopping and meal planning has been so difficult. I pretty much just want to eat cereal, pasta, pickles, and salt/vinegar chips.

I still haven’t called my insurance to see if they will cover NIPT, which I’m guessing they won’t. I’ll be 10 weeks tomorrow. Planning to tell my boss next week after my OB appt.

Trying to think of cute but simple ways to announce on FB shortly thereafter.

18. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: ugh that sounds terrible! I think part of the problem for me too is I'm feeling sorry for myself...I didn't have any of this my first pregnancy and I feel so nauseated and just blah this go around that I feel like I'm so off from my normal self. As far as eating I'm still firmly in the hangover food zone...fries, mac and cheese, cheese and crackers, bread...no vegetables of any kind LOL!

19. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I HAD A WHOLE SALAD FOR LUNCH TODAY!!!!! And it didn’t make me feel sick!

20. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Results are back, everything is low risk and we are having a girl

21. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: me too!! I haven't had vegetables in weeks!

@Silva: Congrats!! That's very exciting!

22. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

10/3: Flowercrown
    10/5: Littlebear, Yogirunner
    10/6: Anbanan15
    10/12: Ms. Mermaid
    10/20: Silva (:girl:)
    10/22: Alwayssunny755, Littleblessings
    10/24: Yogifish
    10/28: Themrsgoff, Kmomartin
    10/30: Buttermilk

A small group! Haven't heard from some folks in awhile, too. I hope all is well with everyone

23. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Silva: yay!!! Congrats!

I broke down and bought a fetal doppler off of Amazon...and found a sweet, fast heartbeat!

Oh! My due date is now 10/28. I have a sneaky feeling I am further along based on my own calculations/chart, but the little bean was measured at the 10/28 due date last time I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago.

24. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: that’s great! I’m hoping they figure out your due date for sure at your NT scan.

25. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Silva: Aw congrats!

Low risk over here too. Phew.

26. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Silva: congrats!!!

27. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Did anyone’s spouse go to the genetic testing? I don’t really know what to expect but also don’t want him miss work if it’s unnecessary. They did say we’d meet with a genetic counselor beforehand and that’s what had me thinking he maybe should go. Thoughts?

28. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: I haven’t had my husband come either time. But we didn’t have to meet with the genetic counselor first. Maybe they only do that if you do the carrier testing?

29. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Low risk for all trisomies! I guess we are telling LO this weekend.

30. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Yay! We told my daughter last night (well, and my son but he has no idea whats going on), and she is definitely still processing. She works that way though- takes something and chews on it.

31. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: @Silva: How old are your LOs? Mine is almost 2 and we couldn't help but tell him fairly early on. Once we had our 12 week scan I got him a book and we watch episodes of Daniel Tiger when the mom is pregnant and the baby comes. No idea if he really understands though! He thinks that the baby comes by us "knocking it down" 😂

32. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@YogiRunner: my daughter is 5 in a couple weeks. My son is 20 months- he has no idea. i mean, he's in the room when we talk about it. but i haven't really tried to push any kind of understanding on him. i'll let him live in his "I'm the baby"
    bliss a little longer

33. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@YogiRunner: mine is 3.5. We’ve been watching the Daniel Tiger new baby episodes to help her get excited/understand. I wanted to wait to tell her but our sitter last week asked her how she felt about being a big sister, and she was like, “no, big brother” and he left it alone, fortunately. I don’t want someone else telling her though so we’re gonna.

34. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

My oldest kids know. They are almost 6 and 5. They’re excited. My youngest turns 1 on Sunday and obviously has no clue but I keep taking her around babies and showing her babies. My best friend just had a baby so hopefully we can get together so my youngest can kinda learn about gentle and such

35. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

We told our little one right before we told our parents/in-laws. She's so excited, she thinks I'm having 10 babies, a mix of boys and girls.

36. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

We told our 2.5 year old immediately. She had been asking me for a baby sister every other day while we were trying!

I told my boss and team yesterday. So relieved! My belly is feeling bigger and bigger to me and it was causing me so much anxiety I couldn’t sleep at night. 10.5 weeks. I’m so glad it’s out in the open and I can stop sucking in my belly. Everyone was thrilled!

I also found out cell free DNA test is fully covered by my insurance yay. So I’ll go for that next Tuesday or Thursday!

37. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Are you all going to travel for Thanksgiving? My sister lives about 45 min away and normally we would stay with her Wed-Sun but I’m nervous about being away from home that long with a newborn. She’ll have a new house that will have an extra room and can set up her old crib and glider and other stuff up for us and we can bring whatever we need and my kiddo loves her cousins and she’s close to my mom so I can bring the baby to the nursing home which will be nice. I’ve already told my sister we might just come for the day and she was fine with it, and obviously we’ll see closer to the date. I just wish there was some magic solution that made traveling with a tiny baby easier.

38. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: my parents live an hour away- we will probably go for the day. My oldest might spend the night there, depending on how full their house is. I suppose if there are lots of illnesses we might stay home. I'm a little nervous about cold/flu season.
    My brother and his wife are having a baby at the end of May, so there will be lots of babies around!

I'm more worried about Halloween! I think I will probably have to skip out on trick-or-treating which is really sad for me. I love watching how excited the kids get about it. But I went into labor the day before my due date with both kids, so I suspect this one will be prompt too- and that puts me at less than 2 weeks postpartum on Halloween. I don't really see myself walking door to door. I also think I'd probably want to keep the baby inside!

39. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Silva: I’ve already come up with a costume for the baby and am planning on at least knocking the closest 5 blocks but we live in the city so everything is close together and it’s not a lot of walking to hit a ton of houses. I might do a carrier costume but my kid wants to be a firefighter so I was picturing a Dalmatian...

40. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: yeah, you are a little earlier than me too- that week makes a big difference in recovery time for me, at least!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee