Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 POAS

1. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Ugh, barely a line, didnโ€™t even bother to take a pic. My fmu was pretty diluted, so Iโ€™ll try again in a couple of hours, but it looks like either indent or trigger like I was afraid of.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Oh, that is so upsetting... I'm so sorry to read that. ๐Ÿ™ Of course, ๐Ÿค” as you stated, your FMU is diluted so, perhaps that affected the testing. Also, it hasn't been a full 48 hours to allow for HCG to double so, if your levels are extremely low, it would still be pretty faint (and diluted urine would REALLY affect the result). I am so pulling for you! ๐Ÿคž

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: ugh I hope this isnโ€™t the case, but I know that sinking feeling ๐Ÿ˜”

@kaohinani: why is FF predicting AF for tomorrow? ๐Ÿง

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: What is your average luteal phase length? FF takes whatever your OV date was and then adds your "average" luteal phase to it. Yours appears to be 10 days. The program runs off of a matrix of averages and does not (yet) fully take into consideration factors such as IUI and FET, etc. in extending one's cycle for the purpose of testing. At least that is my understanding. ๐Ÿค“ I just pulled up my chart to verify... they have me starting on the 13th (* so in 4 days) which is a 16-day luteal. I looked at my averages of the last 12 cycles and 5 were 16 days, 1 was 15, 4 were 14, 2 were 12. The highest average was 16 days. My average cycle length (counting both medicated and unmedicated cycles is 28 days); however, ONLY unmedicated cycles average between 23-26 days. The program simply states "28 days."

5. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@LAZB: Ugh, sorry

6. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LAZB: Sorry to hear this... ๐Ÿ˜• Maybe if you test again tomorrow or Thursday it will come back. Early testing can be a blessing or a curse.

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Top two are yesterday bottom two are today

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: The last one is a freckle darker than the second one down. That is, atleast, promising. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿคž

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: So the top one from today (3rd down) looks to be lighter, but the bottom one from today looks the same as the 2 from yesterday.

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: I agree with @samsmom and @kaohinani - the last one definitely has something there.

@kaohinani: re: FF and my luteal phase - I think I only have 2 maybe 3 months of full charting data, and two of those have been medicated with trigger shots, so I'm not sure there's good data in there to drive any predictions. Tomorrow just seemed like a random day based on this month's chart.

11. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@LAZB: I see it on the bottom one! How many dpo are you?

12. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@LAZB: Last one looks darkest to me

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

How can I tell if itโ€™s an indent? When I took the test apart, the line is definitely on the strip

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: Indents won't have any pink to them as far as I understand. So if it's on the strip and it's not just a visible antigen strip, I'd say you're ok.

@yellowbeach: Did you ever take apart any of your bad batch to look at the strip?

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: No - unfortunately I'm no help there.

I'm debating something dangerous - since I have a negative Wondfo this morning, I was debating taking a FRER tomorrow morning with the Wondfo to see if it's truly negative and then testing with both... I said I wasn't going to test with FRER... but it's just so tempting. @kaohinani: remind me of the sensitivity of FRER vs Wondfo? I assume FRER is less required HcG than Wondfo...?

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: I never take them apart, this was the first time wondfo is 25 and frer is 6

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Yellowbeach: @Lazb:
    I compiled a list of the most popular brands from info I could find:

TESTS by HCG MIU

FRER - 6.5
    One Step - 10
    Sure Predict - 10
    Dollar store brand disc - 15
    First Response Gold - 20
    Smilereader- 25
    Wondfo - 25
    ClearBlue - 25
    New Choice - 25
    Clinical Guard - 25
    Confirm one step - 25
    Equate - 25
    EPT - 40
    CB digital - 50
    Dollar store dipstick - 50
    Target brand - 50
    Walmart brand - 50
    Walgreens brand - 100

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just because Iโ€™m super obsessive and want to make sure this is truly negative, I went back just now and took this pic a few hours later. My last pregnancy ๐Ÿคฐ my first sign was a Wondfo that was initially negative but dried with a faint line. I think this definitely looks negative, which is good. Wishing I had taken a FRER with my FMU today. Maybe tomorrow.

19. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@Kaohinani: You are a veritable treasure trove of knowledge!

@LAZB: Keeping everything crossed for you.

@yellowbeach: How many days post-transfer are you? I tested 5dpt and in hindsight wish I had waited because I spent the first three days agonizing over the darkness of the lines.

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@foodiebee: Iโ€™m 4dp5dt and was trending out the trigger. I too can see myself agonizing for the next 3-4 days for the same reason. Not sure I have the willpower to not test though. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I just took yet another test. 3 hour hold, not diluted, and I can only barely see the shadow. This test was from a new box that I just picked up at Walgreens, so my tests have all come back with lines from three different boxes. Unlikely to be indents, right? Either early chemical or REALLY long lasting trigger?

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: remind me of your trigger dose and day again? My RE says ~1 day/1000u.

24. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: it was ovidrel, and Iโ€™m 13 dpt. Not sure the dosage, but it was 250

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: Is the test date you have listed your expected AF date or after? If it's expected AF, you're still 4 days out from that so it could just be an earlier squinter and not a CP.

26. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: it was my guesstimate from my lamp, but I triggered earlier than I usually do, so Iโ€™m probably 3 days from period, but still would expect darker tests by today

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: That is still kind of early depending on where your HCG was to start and if you double at a 48 hour rate or 72 hour rate; but I also know it's easier to be optimistic from the outside. I really really want this to be a sticky baby for you.

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: thanks for being optimistic for me Iโ€™m definitely not this time

29. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Omg I need to stop testing. Convinced myself I should take a FRER to see if itโ€™s also negative (expected to get a faint line as itโ€™s more sensitive). And also took a wondfo to have a same time comparison. Now the wondfo is positive again? I always thought FMU was more concentrated?

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: hmmmmm, thatโ€™s a tough one! The sensitivity can vary from test to test, but thatโ€™s a pretty decent line on both.

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: omg tomorrow morning can't come soon enough. Fortunately I work 5pm-11pm in our fast track area tonight which will provide some distraction... only bummer is that's where all the 1st trimester vaginal bleeding gets seen... so it's always a parade of people telling me how they are going to abort their baby anyway. Ugh. I'll take chronic lower back pain if I can snag em all.

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Yellowbeach: & @Lazb:
    Ladies, put the tests away for today. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You are going to drive yourselves batsh#t crazy ๐Ÿคช if you don't. Test again in the morning.

33. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: yep, no more for me today. And I just told dh about this stuff, so now I feel better

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I've seen some studies that second morning pee yields earlier positives because although FMU is a longer hold, it gives it time to break down too is theory there.

That is definitely a heck of a line on both for previous negative wondfos.

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Well, as the day has progressed, two more chin zits have popped up. LOVELY. ๐Ÿ˜’ (*I'm going to call them my "twins." ๐Ÿ˜‚) I usually get them only the days after OV (2 dpo - 7 dpo) and not right before AF. These guys look nearly cystic, too. Whatever is up with my hormones this cycle is doing nasty things to my chin! ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ”ด

36. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@yellowbeach: Very very hopeful for you and hope tomorrow AM comes quickly.

@Kaohinani: Cystic acne was the VERY first sign I was pregnant with my daughter!

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: fingers crossed the crazy hormones are preggo ones instead of weird AF ones. All the things crossed for you!

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SupernovaJ: I wish. I just don't "feel" pregnant. I feel "ick." With DD, I had a feeling at 6 weeks (nausea and cravings then I realized I missed AF). With DS, it was sore breasts and being offput by the smell of someone's breakfast when we went out to brunch before heading to the beach (3 w, 5 d). I have all sorts of weird things going on now (3 weeks). Honestly, I'm beginning to believe maybe it is a hormonal shift into early menopause. Which stinks. Still, I'm hopeful. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

@Sams Mom: Thank you. I would suffer with a face full of these for 9 months to have a healthy baby at the end of it.

39. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

Got a little carried away over our wedding anniversary this weekend. So we are officially in the TWW. I did not have any ovulation pains this month- so after almost a year off depo Iโ€™m still not sure if Iโ€™m ovulating regularly or not.

We were officially going to start trying in December.

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@youboots: Welcome, you! What date would you like for your POAS date?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee